Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB_Provincial_Rankings_(resized).png
    VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png
    DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
    DSC_0067_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0033_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0050_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSC_0022_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0020_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0021_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0018_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 8 years ago

Woohoo! Really looking forward to this, should be a really great time. Derek, what are the differences between the two competitions?

#11 8 years ago
    Quoted from volkdrive:

Going, and bringing!! Already booked weekend off work. Good thing, this and then a rescheduled Who concert on the Sunday that weekend. Kind of fitting I'd say!

Which ones are you bringing?

#13 8 years ago

Thanks! Yeah, I need to sell it too, I have a Tron on the way to me, and I'm probably going to get a GoT. "Looks like we're going to need a bigger house". Hahah.

When you get your RZ let me know, I really want to try that one out in person! Have they given any indication of ship dates for you yet?

#18 8 years ago

YEG is Edmonton's airport code, it has become popular in the past 5-10 years to use airport codes to identify cities because they are easier to input into hashtags, so people can plaster their social media with bullshit hashtags. But, in the context of YEGPIN, it works good because it's symmetrical.

#21 8 years ago
    Quoted from woz:

That makes sense...though not really obvious unless you have flown or lived there since YEG isn't exactly a world renowned airport

Hogwash! We have a melting control tower! Hahah

Quoted from pinballophobe:

I'm excited to see WOZ in real life

It is a really impressive looking game, very modern looking, and it just strikes me as a quality unit. I found the gameplay to feel a bit sterile and dull, but maybe that's just because of the theme not doing much for me?

1 month later
    #66 8 years ago

About to pre-order mine, but I'm a little confused about how this works:

Receive Six (6) free tickets into our IFPA backed Western Canadian Pinball Championship pinball tournament.
    Receive Four (4) free tickets into our IFPA backed Die Hard Pinball Classics pinball tournament.

So you receive one entry into the show, but 6 & 4 tournament tickets? How does that work?

#68 8 years ago

Ahhh, that makes sense now. Thanks! Just put in my order.

#74 8 years ago

Awesome! Really looking forward to checking out a TBL and Full Throttle in person (particularly Full Throttle).

#76 8 years ago

It's on their facebook. https://www.facebook.com/NitroAmusements/

"Our good friends from ‪#‎DiehardPinball‬ are hosting ‪#‎YegPin2016‬ (Edmonton Pinball & Arcade Expo) May 6-8. ‪#‎NitroPinball‬ will be there with new releases from ‪#‎SternPinball‬, ‪#‎HeighwayPinball‬ & ‪#‎DutchPinball‬ Check out www.yegpin.com"

1 month later
    #190 8 years ago

Solid lineup, looking forward to the classic tourney!

2 weeks later
    #246 8 years ago

Nitro, will you have any widebody invisiglass for sale? My Judge Dredd desperately needs one. I'll probably pick up a few other sheets of regular size as well.

1 week later
    #352 7 years ago

I had a fantastic time at the show. The competitions were really fun, and it was nice to see where I stand after multiple chances at qualifying. It was fun watching everyone slowly inch up and occasionally get those awesome scores...really made the whole thing a lot of fun, being able to talk to people about rules and little tips and tricks to play some of the games (and hear everyone complain about which machines they were really struggling with lol). Tons of really great machines there, lots of variety, and it was awesome to finally be able to play Full Throttle, Big Lebowski, Hobbit and Ghostbusters.

Thanks to all the volunteers, supporters and everyone for coming out, really looking forward to next years show!

#389 7 years ago

Derek mentioned this to me yesterday at league, but the points value for those tournaments brought me up from about 10k in my IFPA ranking to about 5k, which is pretty awesome.

I also think being able to replay machines until you got a good score (for you, not overall) makes those rankings a lot more reliable as well when judging where you sit in the rankings. League is a blast, but everyone has bad games/nights. A couple months ago I was damn the bottom of the league one night, and last night I broke the top 10, which I feel balances out to put me in the middle of the pack, where I think I actually sit. With the extra players from out of town, I think I finished off pretty well where I should be.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeonblack.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-yegpin-official-thread?tu=aeonblack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.