3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 85 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AB_Provincial_Rankings_(resized).png
    VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png
    DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
    DSC_0067_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0033_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0050_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSC_0022_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0020_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0021_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0018_(resized).JPG

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.
    #301 3 years ago

Hi Derrick,

If it doesn't sell before the show,then I will put it in that spot
    I will be there Friday afternoon anyway.

#302 3 years ago

Awesome will be an awesome addition to the show if it makes it there the spot is yours!!!! Will add to the marketplace when confirmed thx for all your support!!!

Quoted from pingod:

Hi Derrick,
    If it doesn't sell before the show,then I will put it in that spot
    I will be there Friday afternoon anyway.

#303 3 years ago

STLE is sold now,sorry Derrick it's staying local.

#304 3 years ago

Ha no worries... Glad it found a good home!!

#305 3 years ago

Just got home from a hard night of carrying pins from basements, wrapping, securing and helping fellow pinsiders.
    Things are taking shape in the main hall. Lots of pins to play and tournament room has some games in it.

Still lots of work to do. A big thanks to all the volunteers tonight!!, and to all the people who have donated games as well. They are being treated like they are our very own. So many games to play. Bring a game to sell or for others to enjoy in the free play area. Let's make this the first of many.

Still looking for silent auction items and donations to a great cause. No one is getting paid for this event to host, all volunteer work for the passion of pinball and arcade machines.

Going to get a few hours sleep before a 12 hour work day then on to volunteer for Thursday night.

Very impressive lineup of games so far!! I really liked the virtuapin that showed up. I have never played one. Looks great. Good job Die hard and yeg pin!!

Thanks again to Gilles, Derrick and Johnathon for all the effort you have put in.

yeg_(resized).png
    yeg_(resized).png

#306 3 years ago

Also forgot to mention picked up the Comet pinball from BCrage88's basement that will be given away this weekend.

Looks great, powder coating suits it well and the playfield is in excellent condition. Very nice!!

Also picked up one of the nicest Bally Kiss machines I have seen from a fellow pinhead.

#307 3 years ago

Yes it has been some long days ....thanks for the help and your son was also a big help today for pick-ups.
    Comet is a nice looking machine and I'm sure will be appreciated in winners home.
    Bally kiss is the nicest I have seen as well.
    I can't wait till show day but I will also be happy when it's over and I'm sure there are a few others thinking the same.

#308 3 years ago

It has been a couple of tough days getting the show together but nothing compared to what we are seeing happen to our friends and family in Fort McMurray.

Our thoughts go out to all of people who who have been evacuated due to the wildfires across Fort McMurray. YEGPIN will be setting up a donation box at the registration desk to donated to the Red Cross to help all families dealing with this tragedy. Please give generously when you attend the event.

#309 3 years ago

12 hr drive tomorrow ! It'll be worth it .

#310 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Im heading up Saturday morning myself, thank god only a 2 1/2 drive.

#311 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

9 hour drive for me and the family. I'm so stoked, it's going to be great!

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from tmick73:

9 hour drive for me and the family. I'm so stoked, it's going to be great!

3.5 hrs to battleford. 3 hrs 15 min to Edmonton. Saved you 2 hrs Safe trip

#313 3 years ago

Damn straight it'll be worth it! Just home from 4 1/2 hours after work. My first volunteer shift of the weekend....it's looking super sweet!

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

I can,load it in my truck

Thanks for the offer Dan. I really should and bring Elvira as well. I need to be better organized.

#315 3 years ago

Sweet! I will be there for when the doors open tomorrow!

#316 3 years ago

Left the Yellowhead Inn a few hours ago after picking up more games that were donated. So far things are going smooth. No power issues.

This is going to be a great event. Tommy from Nitro just showed up.

Lots of games, good variety. Libtech's safecracker in mint!! Very interesting game.

The pinball techs have been working hard to get all games up and running after being transported.

Tournament room games are getting the final tweaks. Hobbit showed up today. The game looks great and is extremely heavy.

#317 3 years ago

One more long day and let the games begin

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

What are doing? You should be sleeping with the long hours you have put in!! Last action hero's new sound was great.

I am going to get a few hours sleep before going to work. Will be rubbing some A5-35 on some sore muscles.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from Stretch7:

You need to smile while your working on the games
    See pic above,lol

Great work you guys are doing.

#320 3 years ago

Congrats and good luck on your show this weekend.
    Hope someone does a thorough show report with pics and video
    to post either on pinside or pinballnews.com
    cheers tom

#321 3 years ago

I have one VIP ticket available. My friend had a death in the family and cannot make it now.

Price is still $35. I will be there today as well.

Thanks

#322 3 years ago

Starting a day of planes, trains, automobiles ... and boat! Actually, Seabus, Skytrain, Westjet & Alamo
    Looking forward to the show!

#323 3 years ago

I'll be there by six tonight! Looking forward to it. Appreciate all the work the volunteers are putting in.

#324 3 years ago

Today is the day!

Though, the parking looks limited at the event... Hope there's room out back!

#325 3 years ago

Really nice selection of games in those pics!

Heading up in a few hours, hope to be in line when it opens.

Thanks for all the hard work guys!

#326 3 years ago

Car is loaded up and ready to go. Can't wait to hit the road. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for all the hard work getting this off the ground. It's going to be a memorable weekend for sure.

Also I have one VIP ticket I don't need. PM me if interested in taking it off my hands.

IMG_20160505_232255_(resized).jpg

#327 3 years ago

Really excited to see so many pins in person! I'm heading there tonight!!! Taking my dad, trying to get him the bug and buy a machine for his basement.

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from dangerdangerTILT:

Car is loaded up and ready to go. Can't wait to hit the road. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for all the hard work getting this off the ground. It's going to be a memorable weekend for sure.
    Also I have one VIP ticket I don't need. PM me if interested in taking it off my hands.

A while back my wife had decided she wasn't going to come with me to the show because there wasn't a pinbot on the list! Now its too late, shes going camping with her parents this weekend. I'll get Pinbot all to myself and take lots of pictures of it and tease her!

#329 3 years ago

Unfortunately, my wife cant come with me tomorrow, so if anyone is interested in catching a ride up from Calgary, let me know. I am staying the night, so plan accordingly.

#330 3 years ago

Great to see all the people tonight. The volunteers are working hard.

Some unique games. Come and check it out!! Very professional by the tournament staff and volunteers.

Tournament room looks awesome. Pinball lineup is great! Arcades were busy as well.

Kids were having fun with Shrek, Flintstones and South park seemed very popular. There is a dance dance revolution for sale. It got a lot of action from the teens present.

I was impressed with the guys from out of town who brought items to play.

Minor issues on a few of the games that the Techs are doing an awesome job fixing.

For the first time that Yegpin has hosted this and it is going well. We want to repeat this yearly, we need your support.

One thing I did notice, treat the games well. Don't put food or drinks on the glass of games. Please don't abuse the games. These games were all donated from fellow pinsiders. Treat them like your own. Appreciate the time these folks have put in.

Support the vendors that kindly donated their time. Nitro and Retro active are great to talk to. Buy something from them.

Looking forward to meeting old friends and new in the hobby.

#331 3 years ago

Just sold a pinball at the Expo. If you want to sell a pinball this is the place to do it. Price it well and it will go!!

#332 3 years ago

What can we say other then thank you. I don't even think saying thank you does justice to the sincere appreciation for the blood and sweat that went in to today.

• First off... our volunteers. Without you this show wouldn't be possible. Our techs (very busy today), our yellow shirt heroes, and our donors. Simply, you rule. Earth needs more people like you.
    • Everyone who showed up and supported. It was the first day of the first year. We learned a lot. Thank's for trusting us!
    • It was so great to see people's eyes light up seeing the rows of machines. It was super encouraging to see so many families! Thank you!
    • Our Sponsors & Vendors. As pinball77 mentioned they supported big time check em out!

Looking forward to the rest of the weekend setting some high scores with you all.

Oh right... speaking of high scores, follow along at http://www.neverdrains.com/yegpin2016/standingsDisplay.php

We welcome comments. eMail executive [a] yegpin.com with any ideas. We do this event for you and pinball, we welcome your thoughts.

#333 3 years ago
    Quoted from robbiedoo:

Today is the day!
    Though, the parking looks limited at the event... Hope there's room out back!

Lots of parking, both in front and out back.

#334 3 years ago

For detailed tournament standings for WCPC and Classics Divisions:

http://www.yegpin.com/pinball-tournament/

#335 3 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Lots of parking, both in front and out back.

Absolutely! Once I arrived I realized it wasn't a problem. Google earth makes it look like an issue, when there really isn't one.

Had an absolute awesome time yesterday, looking forward to returning this evening.

20160506_223905_(resized).jpg

20160506_163518_(resized).jpg

20160506_161838_(resized).jpg

#336 3 years ago

Anybody dropped by the Nitro booth to see and play TBL?

#337 3 years ago

I was there , but haven't been able to get on tbl yet . Ghostbusters was fun though . Played fullt as well .

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nilroc:

Anybody dropped by the Nitro booth to see and play TBL?

Yep,it's a blast. Plays slow compared to Ghostbusters beside it.
    You should get one dude ?

#339 3 years ago

Jelly I'm not there folks. Looks like a blast. Would be nice to get some time on FT and TBL.

Oh, and winning the tourney would be nice as well

#340 3 years ago

You should have made it! Well worth the trip, everyone is doing a great job and it looked like alot of guys showed up last night! Its awsome seeing the machines lined up like that..

#341 3 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Yep,it's a blast. Plays slow compared to Ghostbusters beside it.
    You should get one dude ?

Got one already on order Dude.
    Enjoy the show.
    Wish I could of made it.

#342 3 years ago

It would be very cool if someone from the show would post some gameplay of TBL.

#343 3 years ago

You can check it out in person at nitro next week too.

#344 3 years ago

Got sometime on full-t today , liked it a lot , unfortunately the wife wasn't into it at all . So I've now got gb premium on order instead of full-t. I have to say the way it plays , this could be very good for aliens . The big lebowski so far is a ton of fun , would be an awesome machine in the house . Great tunes and call outs and shots , I have to get a few more games on it tonight .

#345 3 years ago

Classics Final on now,
    Stream starts in 10-20 min follow him for notifications.

https://www.twitch.tv/Astromarkus/mobile

#346 3 years ago

Just got back to Calgary from the show. Fantastic effort everyone. Well done to all!!!!!!!
    First chance ever to play the Hobbit, TBL and particularly CV. All are amazing but CV blew me away.
    Thanks to all the volunteers and the guys from Nitro for taking the time to talk, and for letting me get in a game on the Hobbit while the tournament was going on.
    Cheers

#347 3 years ago

I have a little bit of TBL video, but I'm not sure how great it is, tons of background noise I am sure, Will post what I have a little later today if its half decent.

I played again for quite a while last night by myself at the VIP event. I love the artwork, music, and just how well the theme is put together. The glass with the White Russian is the greatest touch! The game flows pretty nice, but I could see it getting old after a while, as I never felt it was a challenge to keep the ball in play. Maybe I was just used to the crazy sensitive tilt and 0 ball saves from playing the tournament games all weekend. Wish I could have a few minutes with the game to film with no crowd around so we could pick up the great sounds

image_(resized).jpeg

#348 3 years ago

Was there for Friday night and Saturday morning, had a blast. Thanks to everyone who brought machines up, there were a lot of games I had never been able to play before. Spent hours just walking around, playing games on anything that was open. My favorite of the main room games was the super nice Getaway that someone brought, next to a super nice F-14. Looked and played great, made me want to get one some day. Whosever that was, let me know if you want to sell it

An extra big thanks to Nitro pinball for coming all the way up and bringing TBL, GB and Full Throttle to play, all pretty much next to each other. Got several games in on each. Loved GB especially. Was a bit nervous from reading the "too hard" and "unfair" reviews going around on it as I am below average player, but other than one outlane hop I deserved every drain I got. For me it was the ultimate highlight. Watched pinchamp put up 1.5 billion on his third ever game. I don't think my best game was even a 10th of that. Bastard.

Anyway, thanks again to all the volunteers and all the people who brought machines, great show! Need better air conditioning at the next one though, got a bit hot and funky smelling later in the afternoon.

#349 3 years ago
    Quoted from CromwellCat:

Just got back to Calgary from the show. Fantastic effort everyone. Well done to all!!!!!!!
    First chance ever to play the Hobbit, TBL and particularly CV. All are amazing but CV blew me away.
    Thanks to all the volunteers and the guys from Nitro for taking the time to talk, and for letting me get in a game on the Hobbit while the tournament was going on.
    Cheers

Well said. An incredible job done by all the volunteers and the Edmonton pin community! It was also great to meet Tommy in person after many phone calls. Thanks to everyone who donated time and machines!

CV was incredible. Thanks, Volkdrive! I might never get another chance to play one. CV alone made the drive from SK worth it!

#350 3 years ago

That getaway was awesome , I put a lot of time into that pin . Cv was sweet , I played lebowski quite a bit too . But I put a ton of time on fish tales , getaway (my memory pins) and full throttle . Great time , well worth the drive !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 89.99
    $ 42.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 30.00
    Various Novelties
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 79.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 15.00
    € 80.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 29.95
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside