Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

AB_Provincial_Rankings_(resized).png
    VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png
    DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
    DSC_0067_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0033_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0050_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSC_0022_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0020_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0021_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0018_(resized).JPG
    There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.
    #151 8 years ago

We are confident that a GB with be in the show we have not included on our site as it is not here yet and only include machines we have confirmations on. In saying that there is an excellent chance you will be seeing it there.

Quoted from Gorno:

That would be awesome if someone brought one to YEGPIN!

#152 8 years ago

I was thinking maybe a GB, didnt expect a TBL! Thats awsome, thanks Nitro!

#153 8 years ago

Yes looking toward to checking out Tbl as well

#154 8 years ago

Txs nitro. You guys are awesome.

#155 8 years ago

I'm this close to booking . I will know Monday !

#156 8 years ago

got my VIP ticket bought, and booked a room at the hotel. Looking forward to it. If the weather is permitting,
    I'll be driving my motorcycle up to Edm. ttyl Darryl

#157 8 years ago

The 2016 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo is proud to partner up with Kids Up Front who provides event tickets to underprivileged kids in the Edmonton area. It is an excellent cause and the event will be donating any of the unused sponsorship weekend passes to this organization to give underprivileged kids an opportunity to come out experience the world of Pinball and Arcade. This is just one way that YEGPIN is helping give back to a community that has been so supporting of them.

http://kidsupfrontedmonton.com/

#158 8 years ago

Ghostbusters looks like a great pin. I hope Nitro can bring one out!!

#159 8 years ago

We are pretty confident you will see a Ghostbusters Pro at the event, stay tuned for announcements closer to the date.

Quoted from pinball77:

Ghostbusters looks like a great pin. I hope Nitro can bring one out!!

#160 8 years ago

Are you ready for the next machine announcement for Western Canadian Pinball Championship. These just get bigger and bigger as we go along!!!!

Machine #5 is officially:

The Hobbit - Smaug Edition...

Oh the controversy!!!! Let the comments come in on how unfit of a tournament machine this is, at YEGPIN we are up for the challenge.

smaugflyer1_(resized).pngsmaugflyer1_(resized).png

#161 8 years ago

Haha... No comment but the prelims better be starting today if everyone is planning to play it at least once.

#162 8 years ago

LOL my game will be quick ...i will still suck!..

#163 8 years ago

Well I booked the hotel today and bought my 3 day pass ( wife too ) I didn't see a vip option , so I'm assuming it was sold out . Stoked anyways !

#164 8 years ago

Th will probably break down and be taken out of the tournament anyways.

Also I think it's a horrible choice for a tourney game.

#165 8 years ago

All pre-orders get the VIP treatment you just made it, all VIP's will receive an email next week on how they access their tickets and free stuff, glad you are making the trip out, see you there.

The preorder tickets site will be removed When they will no longer be available and I can tell you it will be really soon probably before the March 31st deadline as we will sell out of them.

Quoted from freezie:

Well I booked the hotel today and bought my 3 day pass ( wife too ) I didn't see a vip option , so I'm assuming it was sold out . Stoked anyways !

#166 8 years ago

YEGPIN has 98% of the pre-sale VIP tickets sold, as we are so close to the cutoff date, we will continue to sell VIP tickets up to March 31, 2016 @ 9:00pm MST as stated on the website, and will allow any last minute purchases to go through. Get your VIP tickets while you can as the window of opportunity is quickly closing. A reminder Pre-Sale VIP ticket sales receive the following benefits:
    - Receive Six (6) free tickets into our IFPA backed Western Canadian Pinball Championship pinball tournament.
    - Receive Four (4) free tickets into our IFPA backed Die Hard Pinball Classics pinball tournament.
    - ‘Limited Edition’ VIP show badge and lanyard.
    - Access to VIP after-party on Saturday night. Only valid on adult pre-order. Event is 18+.

Please note, weekend passes and daily show admission will be available at the door each day of the event.

#167 8 years ago

Derek,
    I'll take one more VIP ticket - if there are any left?

Cheers,
    Paul

#168 8 years ago

Yep they are still available via website until tomorrow at 9:00 PM MST.

Quoted from RumRunner9:

Derek,
    I'll take one more VIP ticket - if there are any left?
    Cheers,
    Paul

#169 8 years ago

Less than 24 hours and the website pre-ordering VIP ticket window closes, you will only be able to purchase your weekend or daily admission with no extra benefits. Don't miss out going to be a hell of a show!!!!

We have officially sold out (100 VIP spots) but will honor any of the tickets purchased until Thursday March 31, 2016 @ 9:00PM PST.

Thanks for all your support!!!!

#170 8 years ago

Great to see the support

#173 8 years ago
    Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Th will probably break down and be taken out of the tournament anyways.
    Also I think it's a horrible choice for a tourney game.

Rest assured that we will test the machine in full and work with the amazing people at JJP in advance to get any details on known issues. This plus setting it up for more difficult settings will make it a very attractive machine to have in the tournament and should provide some hype on the twitch stream.

We will have keys for all tournament machines. Keep in mind that even the newest Sterns have things happen. Thankfully we have Derek as the tournament director to keep things running smoothly and some amazing techs as volunteers for the show. Last week at League, both the WWE and Kiss went down due to Major Malfunctions and had to be switched out. Anything can happen and that's part of the fun of Pinball.

#174 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Ha if can make LOTR a drain monster I can make any machine that way Good discussion!!!!

« This

#175 8 years ago
    Quoted from FlipperFreak:

TBL will be in the house!

Worth the price of admission. Thanks NITRO!

#176 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Less than 24 hours and the website pre-ordering VIP ticket window closes, you will only be able to purchase your weekend or daily admission with no extra benefits. Don't miss out going to be a hell of a show!!!!
    We have officially sold out (100 VIP spots) but will honor any of the tickets purchased until Thursday March 31, 2016 @ 9:00PM PST.
    Thanks for all your support!!!!

VIP pass holders will get a chance to pre-order shirts as we plan to keep the run small. Lanyards look amazing and the VIP passes are being printed locally by an amazing printer that has really stepped up to make these great. After tomorrow you will not be able to get a VIP pass BUT you can still donate a machine for a FREE weekend admission and a slick DONOR badge.

We still have some surprises for everyone coming so keep your eyes on this thread as we will post here/twitter/facebook and on the site.
    http://www.yegpin.com/category/blog/
    http://facebook.com/yegpin
    http://twitter.com/yegpin
    http://instagram.com/yegpin
    http://twitch.tv/diehardpinball

We are very happy to be sold out and can't thank our sponsors and the larger Canadian pinball community enough.

#177 8 years ago
    Quoted from yegpin:

Rest assured that we will test the machine in full and work with the amazing people at JJP in advance to get any details on known issues. This plus setting it up for more difficult settings will make it a very attractive machine to have in the tournament and should provide some hype on the twitch stream.
    We will have keys for all tournament machines. Keep in mind that even the newest Sterns have things happen. Thankfully we have Derek as the tournament director to keep things running smoothly and some amazing techs as volunteers for the show. Last week at League, both the WWE and Kiss went down due to Major Malfunctions and had to be switched out. Anything can happen and that's part of the fun of Pinball.

We'll also have our technical director (Doctor Don) at the show. He's one of the best in the business and will jump in wherever required to resolve any game issues the Die Hard crew may need.

#178 8 years ago

Anyone up for the pinball tournaments? All of the tournament tickets were cut last night and will be put into the sold out VIP packages. Tickets will sell for $3 a ticket for Western Canadian Pinball Championships and $2 a ticket for the DHPL Classics Tournament. There will be a combo packs sold for $20 which will include 6 WCPC and 4 Classics tickets this will be a $6 savings. My fingers are officially sore today thanks for J and K for all the help last night!!!!!

Tournament_Tickets_(resized).jpgTournament_Tickets_(resized).jpg

#179 8 years ago

The 2016 Edmonton Pinball Expo is still looking for pinball and arcade machines for the event, if you are wanting to donate a machine for the event drop us a line

http://www.yegpin.com/bring-a-game/

Every person who donates a game will receive a complementary key chain that looks like this with you very own custom backglass to match your donation, part of the thanks we gives to our donors that make these events happen

IMG_0302_(resized).JPGIMG_0302_(resized).JPG

#180 8 years ago

Excellent ...I've been to lazy to organize my keys
    Now I can

#181 8 years ago

I am proud to announce that Nitro Amusements has moved up to a Gold Sponsor for the event, they have donated five (5) The Big Lewboski translites for the event. Thanks to Nitro for their generous donations, these items will be available in the silent auction, show up to make sure you get a chance to get one of these beautiful pieces of artwork.

IMG_2791_(resized).JPGIMG_2791_(resized).JPG

#183 8 years ago

ive never been to a pin event , i have no interest in the tournament . im assuming while the tournament is one ,theres still pins to play elsewhere ?

#184 8 years ago

Lots of them to play,you will have to many to play.

#185 8 years ago

I'm in for the tournaments!

...so, you know, the rest of you might as well not bother!

#186 8 years ago

That is the beauty of this event there will be approximately 70plus machines in the main hall and in vendors booths too enjoy, if you have a VIP pass you will have 2 plus hours of access on everything in the show. We have tried to strike a good balance an awesome tourney for competition players and good selection for for general public players that just want to play some pinball.

Quoted from freezie:

ive never been to a pin event , i have no interest in the tournament . im assuming while the tournament is one ,theres still pins to play elsewhere ?

#187 8 years ago

excellent info !! thanks , im looking very forward to it !

#188 8 years ago

Okay the powder coating is complete on the machine that will go to the winner of the Western Canadian Pinball Championship, if I get all of the pieces installed this weekend I will announce the machine and provide pictures. Going to be one sweet prize for someone.
    I want to give a huge thanks to Chris Priebe from Addictive Powder for hooking us up on this donation, he does awesome work I and a few other collectors have our machines done by him and he does awesome work, so if you are looking to pimp your pinball machine don't hesitate to contact him. 780-720-3063

image1_(1)_(resized).jpegimage1_(1)_(resized).jpeg

#189 8 years ago

Time to announce the last machine in the DHPL Classics Tournament at YEGPIN. This is for sure a treasurered classic.

Centaur

There you have it, Eight Ball, Paragon, Atlantis and Centaur will be the official lineup for the DHPL Classics Tournament, practice up!!!!

Centaur_(resized).jpgCentaur_(resized).jpg

#190 8 years ago

Solid lineup, looking forward to the classic tourney!

#191 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Time to announce the last machine in the DHPL Classics Tournament at YEGPIN. This is for sure a treasurered classic.
    Centaur
    There you have it, Eight Ball, Paragon, Atlantis and Centaur will be the official lineup for the DHPL Classics Tournament, practice up!!!!

Centaur_(resized).jpg

Are these your personnel games in the tournament,Paragon and Centaur.
    I hope you stop practicing if they are,lol
    What are the high scores on them now.
    Nice line up,I look forward to playing them.

#192 8 years ago

As much as I would like to play I will not be participating in the classics tournament unfortunately, have to keep you guys under control and also run the tournament, one of the many sacrifices you make to run a good show.

Never played my Centaur it was restored as soon as I got it.

Paragon - 2.7m this before I added the seven digit display
    Eight Ball - 500k have not played it much as it has been getting restored.
    Altantis - 15,080

These machines are all in collector shape and will be tough as nails for the tournament I would be very surprised if anyone got to these scores all weekend including myself if I were playing on them but you never know

Quoted from pingod:

Are these your personnel games in the tournament,Paragon and Centaur.
    I hope you stop practicing if they are,lol
    What are the high scores on them now.
    Nice line up,I look forward to playing them.

#193 8 years ago
    Quoted from pins4life33:

Altantis - 15,080

You are just pulling our legs on that one. You must of missed typed.

#194 8 years ago

I might have a chance on Paragon then,my high is over 7 million.
    Gilles will probably take first

#195 8 years ago

You caught me 150,800

#196 8 years ago

Ya never seen that high my settings, but you never know haven't decided whether to turn extra ball off or not too don't want to make it too hard for everyone.

#197 8 years ago

I would think for tournament,it should be off to.
    But it's up to you.
    It's your gig after all

I knew you missed a digit on that one.

#198 8 years ago
    Quoted from pingod:

Gilles will probably take first

Ha ha if I do then beer is on me

#199 8 years ago

Weeeeeeeeeeeeee,free beer

#200 8 years ago

Free beer on Stretch7!!
    Bcrage88 and puck have done a ton of work to make it a success.
    Come out and support the pinball community!!

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-edmonton-pinball-and-arcade-expo-yegpin-official-thread/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.