3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 397 posts
  • 50 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by freezie
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 85 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

AB_Provincial_Rankings_(resized).png
    VanFlipOut-pinball-expo--2016-logo_(resized).png
    DSC_0073_(resized).jpg
    DSC_0067_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0033_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0050_(resized).JPG
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    DSC_0022_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0020_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0021_(resized).JPG
    DSC_0018_(resized).JPG

There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.
    #51 3 years ago

Buckle your seat belts for the announcement of machine #2 in the Western Canadian Pinball Championships.

"You Wanted the Best, You Got the Best!!"

KISS LE

pasted_image_(resized).png

1 week later
    #52 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinball77:

That poster looks great guys. Glad to donate some pins for the weekend. Hope we have a good turnout!!

Thank you! We couldn't do this event without people like you!

#53 3 years ago

We have produced our event poster for the Expo, let us know what you think!!!! We have had some good response on pre-order sales just to let everyone know we will be cutting these off to 100 VIP tickets, as we want these to be a limited run. So the sooner you purchase the better you are, pre-order sales will cut off at March 31st or sooner all depending if we hit our quota in time. So if you plan on coming to the event at least two days, or are coming for the tournaments then it would be a really good idea to pre-order.

Pre-Order Information:
    Valid for the entire show. Friday, Saturday and Sunday during regular show hours
    Receive Six (6) free tickets into our IFPA backed Western Canadian Pinball Championship pinball tournament.
    Receive Four (4) free tickets into our IFPA backed Die Hard Pinball Classics pinball tournament.
    ‘Limited Edition’ VIP show badge and lanyard.
    Access to VIP after-party on Saturday night. Only valid on adult pre-order. Event is 18+.

2016_YEGPIN_Event_Poster_Low_Res_(resized).png

#54 3 years ago

So if I bought my tickets already I'm good.
    Look at me I'm a VIP

#55 3 years ago

I'm a VIP too (now)!

Only Calgary guys going to this Edmonton show apparently...

#56 3 years ago

Nice to see a bunch of support across the province!!!! Look forward to meeting all of at the VIP party!!!

Quoted from Fytr:

I'm a VIP too (now)!
    Only Calgary guys going to this Edmonton show apparently...

#57 3 years ago

If I pre order tickets can I cancel a ticket if someone drops out in my family?

#58 3 years ago

No, unfortunately there are no refunds granted on any pre-order tickets or tickets at the door for YEGPIN. This is why we provide extra rewards for pre-orders as we know you are ultimately committing to the event in advance.

Sorry...

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

If I pre order tickets can I cancel a ticket if someone drops out in my family?

#59 3 years ago

ok. but I could still use their 'free' tournament entries even if they don't come?

#60 3 years ago

Absolutely, the tournament tickets are fully transferable, although we want to encourage as much participation as possible in our tournaments and would like all individuals to participate the tournament tickets have no restrictions on use other than there will be two separate tournament tickets for the DHPL Classics Tournament and Western Canadian Championships.

When you pickup your VIP package from registration your lanyard(s)/badge(s), tournament tickets and VIP invitation(s) will be in there.

ok. but I could still use their 'free' tournament entries even if they don't come?

#61 3 years ago

The first machine in the DHPL Classics Tournament has been announced...

Eight Ball

pinball_eightball_(resized).jpg

#62 3 years ago

Another VIP here. Can't wait Derek!

#63 3 years ago

Awesome, Just bought my ticket a few minutes ago. Not sure if I got in on the VIP wagon... guess we'll see.

#64 3 years ago

If you can still buy tickets for the Expo online then you are a VIP. VIP sales will end on March 31, 2016 or if when reach 100 sold tickets, once you can no longer buy tickets on site then VIP ticket sales have ended, and must be purchased directly at the show. That is why the faster you buy the better off you are as we could reach our quota faster than March 31...

Thanks for all your support, it is going to be one hell of a show...

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Awesome, Just bought my ticket a few minutes ago. Not sure if I got in on the VIP wagon... guess we'll see.

#65 3 years ago

sounds like fun.

#66 3 years ago

About to pre-order mine, but I'm a little confused about how this works:

Receive Six (6) free tickets into our IFPA backed Western Canadian Pinball Championship pinball tournament.
    Receive Four (4) free tickets into our IFPA backed Die Hard Pinball Classics pinball tournament.

So you receive one entry into the show, but 6 & 4 tournament tickets? How does that work?

#67 3 years ago

Good question: There is open HERB style qualifying for the WCPC and DHPL Classics Tournament. You need to play 1 game on each of the six machines in WCPC and 1 on each of the four machines in the DHPL classics to qualify in standing for these tourneys. So by pre-registering you get at least one FREE qualifying attempt on each machine.

Whether you want to use them that way or not is up to you, you can blow them all on one machine if you want and buy more tickets to get your qualifying attempt in, it all depends on how you score and if you want to improve your qualifying attempt on that machine. In essence your best score on each machine goes forward and give you your total score and ranking for the tournament.

There are separate ticket types for both the WCPC and DHPL and the stamped ticket must be used for that particular tournament you have they are non-refundable or transferable to the other tourney.

Quoted from aeonblack:

About to pre-order mine, but I'm a little confused about how this works:
    So you receive one entry into the show, but 6 & 4 tournament tickets? How does that work?

#68 3 years ago

Ahhh, that makes sense now. Thanks! Just put in my order.

#69 3 years ago
    Quoted from bcrage88:

if you want and buy more tickets to get your qualifying attempt in.....

What will the cost be to buy each ticket for qualifying on a machine?

#70 3 years ago

Direct from the website:

WCPC is $3 each or 6 for $15
    DHPL Classics is $2 each ticket

So pre-ordering gives you excellent value and that is why the pre order tickets are limited.

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

What will the cost be to buy each ticket for qualifying on a machine?

#71 3 years ago

Sigh. I really want to attend. A couple of buddies want to as well. Heck, I'd like to bring a pin.

Problem is I leave for Europe the following weekend ...

Damn you first world problems! *shakes fist at sky*

#72 3 years ago

What a full week to recover come on we like to party but not that hard, come on down bring a game or two, compete in the tournaments and have a great time playing some of the finest games in Edmonton and get to meet some new people in the pinball hobby!!! It going to be a great event you won't want to miss!!!

Quoted from smokedog:

Sigh. I really want to attend. A couple of buddies want to as well. Heck, I'd like to bring a pin.

#73 3 years ago

Nitro just posted a big update.

#74 3 years ago

Awesome! Really looking forward to checking out a TBL and Full Throttle in person (particularly Full Throttle).

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from puck:

Nitro just posted a big update.

Where

#76 3 years ago

It's on their facebook. https://www.facebook.com/NitroAmusements/

"Our good friends from ‪#‎DiehardPinball‬ are hosting ‪#‎YegPin2016‬ (Edmonton Pinball & Arcade Expo) May 6-8. ‪#‎NitroPinball‬ will be there with new releases from ‪#‎SternPinball‬, ‪#‎HeighwayPinball‬ & ‪#‎DutchPinball‬ Check out www.yegpin.com"

#77 3 years ago

Thanks,I looked for this and didn't see it.
    I am in for Yegpin already,pre booked

#78 3 years ago

I' off to Thailand on the following wednesday....Put your purse down and book your room!

Quoted from smokedog:

#79 3 years ago

A big if on tbl being there but that would be awesome. Hopefully gb is out by then too.

Ps. If anyone could bring a gotle I'm really interested in the difference between pro and le

#80 3 years ago

If you look on the pinball machine listing on the website they are all listed. GOTLE is scheduled to be at the show. www.yegpin.com

A big if on tbl being there but that would be awesome. Hopefully gb is out by then too.
    Ps. If anyone could bring a gotle I'm really interested in the difference between pro and le

#81 3 years ago

Bringing the family up for this event. Just ordered my VIP pass. Great job organizing so far guys. Few more games and your gamesroom is going to have more games then he show in Chicago. Nice to see you get to 75...

I guess you just hold the passes under my PayPal name? It did not ask me my name anywhere. Looking forward to it.

Is the event licensed or is it just bring your own discreet contigo cup like Chicago?

#82 3 years ago

All pre-sale VIP's will be getting an email in April on instructions to pickup their package but you are right they will be under your registered name for the event and you will pick them up in a special line. The event is fully licensed thou we probably will not license it for the full day, probably start at 6:00 PM each night... Thanks for all the support we have worked hard to get some excellent titles so it make the trip worth it for all of our out of town guests. As well the tournaments will be first class with great titles and setup and run just like the PAPA run tourneys in the US so it should be a great event!!!!

Quoted from pinchamp:

Bringing the family up for this event. Just ordered my VIP pass. Great job organizing so far guys. Few more games and your gamesroom is going to have more games then he show in Chicago. Nice to see you get to 75...
    I guess you just hold the passes under my PayPal name? It did not ask me my name anywhere. Looking forward to it.
    Is the event licensed or is it just bring your own discreet contigo cup like Chicago?

#83 3 years ago

Okay time for the announcement of game #3 in the 2016 Western Canadian Pinball Championships. It is one of my all time favorite tournament pinball machines...

ACDC Pro!!!!!

#84 3 years ago

In order to encourage the little ones to come out to the event with their parents the 2016 Edmonton Pinball and Arcade Expo has just announced the Little Ones Flippin Tournament, please feel free to visit the website for details.

http://www.yegpin.com/little-ones-flippin-tournament/

1 week later
    #85 3 years ago

It time to announce the second machine that will be in the DHPL Classics Tournament. It is another machine that was made to eat quarters and it has one of the best art packages in the business. Paragon!!!!

Paragon_(resized).jpg

#87 3 years ago

It's coming up fast.

#88 3 years ago

I just bought my pass and the hotel room is booked, I'm really looking forward to this.

#89 3 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

I just bought my pass and the hotel room is booked, I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks Shaub.

VIP Passes are selling out fast! If you want one, be sure to get one in the next few days. We expect to sell out before Friday next week. Also, Shirt and VIP pass designs will be posted here, our blog, and on facebook/twitter today. We hope you love them as much as we do.

http://www.yegpin.com/category/blog/

#90 3 years ago

I have no experience with pinball tournaments so I'm trying to understand how the qualifying round will work. So there are 6 modern machines to enter a score on. Where your high score places relative to all the others on the same machine determines how many points you are awarded for that machine. The combination of your points from all machines determines where you are seeded in the playoff round?

So if 6 entries cost $15, to enter one score on each of the 6 machines I need to pay $15?

#91 3 years ago

Are VIP passes just the pre-order tickets? Or are they something different?

#92 3 years ago

Boy , I'm not on call that weekend . Might have to make the 10hr drive !

#93 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

Boy , I'm not on call that weekend . Might have to make the 10hr drive !

Well, all the cool kids are gonna be there.

#94 3 years ago
    Quoted from shaub:

Well, all the cool kids are gonna be there.

Not all of them

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from smokedog:

Not all of them

What's up smokedog? Why can't you make it?
    We can make some 'phone calls' for you if you know what I mean.

#96 3 years ago

Heading overseas a couple of days after the expo. Short on time, short on cash.

Will make year 2 for sure! Might have a surprise or two to bring with me.

#97 3 years ago

You are on the right track, you have to play at least once on each machine to qualify (min $15 purchase). You can play any of the machines as many as you want to improve your score ($3 a ticket) only your top score on each machine will count. You are ranked on each machine compared to your competitors and can receive 600 points if you are top score on each of the six machines to 0 points if you are not in the top 100 scores on every machine everYone will have scores in-between. You must get into the top places in order to play on Saturday night (Classics) Sunday (WCPC) details on website. Unlimited qualifying starts as soon as the doors open on Friday. Hope that clarifys everything.

Quoted from shaub:

I have no experience with pinball tournaments so I'm trying to understand how the qualifying round will work. So there are 6 modern machines to enter a score on. Where your high score places relative to all the others on the same machine determines how many points you are awarded for that machine. The combination of your points from all machines determines where you are seeded in the playoff round?
    So if 6 entries cost $15, to enter one score on each of the 6 machines I need to pay $15?

#98 3 years ago

how bad is the hotel? Not recommended for families? More of a "party zone"?

#99 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinchamp:

how bad is the hotel? Not recommended for families? More of a "party zone"?

Used to be a truck stop/peeler bar but has undergone renovations. Looks to be better now. If you're not concerned with drinking there's tons of nice hotels within 10 to 20 blocks. 170st is lined with them.

#100 3 years ago

It is definately in a rougher area, but my family is staying there so I have no reservations about it as they have done some things to try to clean it up. There are a number of good choices in the area, the Yellowhead has given us some awesome rates and a huge sponsorship if you are planning to part take in a few drinks always nice to be able to stay in the hotel where the event is.

Quoted from str8cash:

Used to be a truck stop/peeler bar but has undergone renovations. Looks to be better now. If you're not concerned with drinking there's tons of nice hotels within 10 to 20 blocks. 170st is lined with them.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 157.00
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 12,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 49.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Playfield - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 319.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 35.00
    Hardware
    Filament Printing
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 397 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside