(Topic ID: 144000)

2016 Arcade Expo/INDISC Official Thread

By Tbgolfen

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0169 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
    expo_(resized).jpg
    Eight_Ball_Deluxes_(resized).jpg
    C-A-Robinson_(resized).png
    P1000830_(resized).JPG
    943820_1062271253823365_626469948540011103_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7494_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7484_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7479_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7478_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#64 8 years ago

I was there again last Saturday, its a great way to pitch in and also a fantastic opportunity to learn from others who have much more skill than me.... If you notice the drop target banks work like butter on several machines that was me
    20151219_144500.jpg20151219_144500.jpg20151219_144503.jpg20151219_144503.jpg

#65 8 years ago

FYI I will be going again this Sunday if anyone in the IE wants to carpool...

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Very few people play them comparatively.

Which leads to more games not working properly...if the games could be played more often there would be less problems.... EMs hate to sit and not get played

Like most of the volunteers i have almost no EM skills and no desire to learn them, which is a shame because there are so many great EM pins at that location...

Anywho, i guess what I am getting at is that if you have some EM skills and your in the Socal area please step up and help out

1 week later
    #122 8 years ago

Does anybody know why the museum is locked up today? Trying to get in to get some stuff done and no one is here...

#128 8 years ago

just an update:
    There is still a lot of work to be done on these games, thanks to a handful of volunteers the stern and bally ss games from the 80's are almost all working well after several days of board work and repairs...the newer sterns are all ready to go...we have made a serious dent in the issues with the dmd games and have a lot more working this year than last year...I cant speak about the EM games that so many of you are looking forward to playing, perhaps someone else can chime in on the condition of the older games...next weekend the real push will be the data east games, which many have issues. If anybody local can help out the last weekend before the show with the data east games it would be much appreciated I'm sure.

although there are still more non working games than most of us would like to see, there are lots more games than last year and it should be a great time...looking forward to seeing you there

#131 8 years ago

image-31_(resized).jpgimage-31_(resized).jpg

#149 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Nimbles and Kyle and I will be there tomorrow, come out and party and fix games!

I'm in

#189 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

None, but we of course don't pay entrance. None of us are doing it for money.

Damn...I was just getting ready to submit my invoice to John...

#196 8 years ago

20160115_164516_(resized).jpg20160115_164516_(resized).jpg
    20160115_164502_(resized).jpg20160115_164502_(resized).jpg

20160115_165129_(resized).jpg20160115_165129_(resized).jpg

20160115_165057_(resized).jpg20160115_165057_(resized).jpg

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from calprog:

What other new Sterns do they have? Is GOT available? Is the JJP Hobbit available?

Marco has a GOT pro GOT LE , KISS LE and WWE...No jjp games
    all other new sterns there (except SMVE but there is a BSM)

#249 8 years ago

I was able to spend some time there Friday and Saturday, it really was great to see such a good turnout. A lot of people had a great time playing pinball and spending time with new and old friends. I think the best part was seeing and hearing many people being exposed to pinball for the first time, or for the first time in decades and watching them become instant fans of the hobby. Young adults who went there for the video games spent equal amounts of time exploring all the pinball titles the museum has to offer.

and the food was great too!

I'm looking forward to next year, I think the last remaining problematic games will be dealt with during the time between shows and the next time the museum is open they should all be working (or close to it)

Thanks to John and to everyone involved

#308 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Obviously every Arcade Expo we kill off a couple red shirts.

Hmm ... perhaps I wont be volunteering next expo...I was wondering why you and Nimblepin were trying to corner me near the bally section.....

7 months later
    #330 7 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have tried contacting John for volunteer info, but response. Does anyone have contact info for him or anyone who can share some info with me?

We tried months ago to find out what was going on as far as repair/service of the games this year during the down time, but so far nothing...now it is late in the year and I have taken on a few other projects that will prohibit me from pitching in this year if/when the push to fix games begins.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cosmokramer.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-arcade-expoindisc-official-thread?tu=cosmokramer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.