3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 91 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0169 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
    expo_(resized).jpg
    Eight_Ball_Deluxes_(resized).jpg
    C-A-Robinson_(resized).png
    P1000830_(resized).JPG
    943820_1062271253823365_626469948540011103_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7494_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7484_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7479_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7478_(resized).jpg

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.
    #301 3 years ago

Great job Arcade Expo team! So are your shirt colors like in Star Trek? What's Red vs. Blue vs. Orange?

#302 3 years ago

Play of tournament next year
    SoCal against NorCal

#303 3 years ago

BRING IT ON!!!

#304 3 years ago

I'm up for that, where is the boundary between North and South California? (For those of us who kinda live in the middle). I'm closer to Southern Cal but according to Disneyland my zip code does not qualify me for the Southern Cal discount theme park tickets. Nothing like a little friendly competition.....

#305 3 years ago
    Quoted from Hana9so:

They've sucked me in. Since I enjoy fixing pinball as much as i do playing, I'll probably help out keeping games running during the show for years to come!

Quoted from Aurich:

John is bridging his fingers together and cackling right now, while saying "excellent ..." to himself.

As am I.

#306 3 years ago
    Quoted from genex:

Great job Arcade Expo team! So are your shirt colors like in Star Trek? What's Red vs. Blue vs. Orange?

Obviously every Arcade Expo we kill off a couple red shirts.

(Orange was general volunteer I think, red was tech, can't remember blue ones.)

#307 3 years ago

I told Kenny, next year I wanted a Black shirt like his. So no one can find me.

#308 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Obviously every Arcade Expo we kill off a couple red shirts.

Hmm ... perhaps I wont be volunteering next expo...I was wondering why you and Nimblepin were trying to corner me near the bally section.....

#309 3 years ago
    Quoted from chrisjens2:

I'm up for that, where is the boundary between North and South California? (For those of us who kinda live in the middle). I'm closer to Southern Cal but according to Disneyland my zip code does not qualify me for the Southern Cal discount theme park tickets. Nothing like a little friendly competition.....

My experience driving up the 101 lends me to believe it's when Vons starts becoming Safeway.

#310 3 years ago

I'll be back next year. Had a blast and my feet threw in the towel before I had. If there weren't carpet and seating (thanks a ton for the bleachers/TV setup in the tournament area) I wouldn't have lasted the whole weekend. FRI-SUN was a long event, but very worth it.

#311 3 years ago

Spotted this sticker at The Expo. The 323 area code only goes back to 1997 so I'm assuming its nineteen years old.

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Spotted this sticker at The Expo. The 323 area code only goes back to 1997 so I'm assuming its nineteen years old.

I have one of C.A Robinson's games , end of an era...
    http://www.vendingtimes.com/ME2/dirmod.asp?nm=Vending+Features&type=Publishing&mod=Publications%3A%3AArticle&tier=4&id=2FEB7E7EB04C4311AF29A7A6C81560DA

#313 3 years ago

I also have some of those stickers on my games which I have left on for nostalgic reasons!

Rob

PS I am in on the tournament North vs South! I have never competed but I am a decent player feel that I would make a difference. Sounds like fun!!!!!!! Get it done I am in!!!!

Rob

#314 3 years ago

Two versions of the original Eightball Deluxe:

Eight_Ball_Deluxes_(resized).jpg

#315 3 years ago

How many did they make with the Gottlieb 80-style displays? Don't think I've ever seen that anywhere else.

#316 3 years ago

According to my pinbuddy John Mohr, Bally only did about 10 games with blue Alpha numeric displays,
    I think there were a few Kiss pins that also had this limited factory mod done to.
    He also has a EBDlx pin with blue displays as well as some other rarities, including an Solid State BLY FLicker.

#317 3 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

How many did they make with the Gottlieb 80-style displays? Don't think I've ever seen that anywhere else.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=eight+ball+deluxe&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

It also uses a different board set (except for the Squawk and Talk board). Some are supposed to have plastic playfields and alternate bumpers (translucent white).

#318 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

According to my pinbuddy John Mohr, Bally only did about 10 games with blue Alpha numeric displays,
    I think there were a few Kiss pins that also had this limited factory mod done to.
    He also has a EBDlx pin with blue displays as well as some other rarities, including an Solid State BLY FLicker.

His site, www.pinfixer.com has details.
    John is an A#1 guy.

#319 3 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

His site, http://www.pinfixer.com has details.
    John is an A#1 guy.

That link give me a Verizon Sitebuilder "All personal webpages have been deleted" message. Does it work for anyone else?

#320 3 years ago
    Quoted from CactusJack:

That link give me a Verizon Sitebuilder "All personal webpages have been deleted" message. Does it work for anyone else?

As of September 30, 2014,
    the Verizon Site Builder tool has been decommissioned
    and all online Personal Web Space pages have been deleted.

Nope.

#323 3 years ago

Thanks Nick (and Tom and MrBally),

I knew of the 8BD and KISS Alphanumeric prototypes but was unaware of the Flash Gordon. There are some photos on IPDB but no discussion of it in the text.

Sadly, The Proto 8BD didn't last out the show. It was down (turned off) on Sunday and I didn't have the desire to enter into a game I knew cost more than: who knows?

#324 3 years ago

Thanks for the archive link. I swore I looked at John's website less than a year ago. It was fun playing his machines at his smaller place in SoCal. Never been to his Minnesota place.

6 months later
    #325 2 years ago

From California Extreme:

expo_(resized).jpg

#326 2 years ago

Cool. Will definitely be there.

1 month later
    #327 2 years ago

Some history about the genesis of how Arcade Expo and Museum of Pinball came to be,
    on this podcast.
    http://www.launchtheball.com/001-john-weeks-how-he-collected-1100-pins-and-vids/

#328 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

Some history about the genesis of how Arcade Expo and Museum of Pinball came to be,
    on this podcast.
    http://www.launchtheball.com/001-john-weeks-how-he-collected-1100-pins-and-vids/

I'm visiting today and reminded what an incredible place. The improvements that are underway will make it even better.

#329 2 years ago

I have tried contacting John for volunteer info, but response. Does anyone have contact info for him or anyone who can share some info with me?

#330 2 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have tried contacting John for volunteer info, but response. Does anyone have contact info for him or anyone who can share some info with me?

We tried months ago to find out what was going on as far as repair/service of the games this year during the down time, but so far nothing...now it is late in the year and I have taken on a few other projects that will prohibit me from pitching in this year if/when the push to fix games begins.

1 week later
    #331 2 years ago

Just announced, the dates for Arcade Expo 3.0 have been changed to March 17-19 2017:

"NEW DATES: MARCH 17-19, 2017

Due to facility upgrades and improvements at the Museum of Pinball, Arcade Expo 3.0 will now be held March 17-19, 2017, in Banning, California. There's no better way to enjoy St. Patrick's Day than at Arcade Expo. We now have over 1,100 retro to modern pinball and video games.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Tickets go on sale soon!"

#332 2 years ago
    Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

try emailing kenny@arcadeexpo.com

#333 2 years ago

Time to split this thread probably. INDISC will still be held January 13-15, 2017 and we are working on finding a new location due to yesterday's announcement from Arcade Expo.

#334 2 years ago
    Quoted from Troz:

Time to split this thread probably. INDISC will still be held January 13-15, 2017 and we are working on finding a new location due to yesterday's announcement from Arcade Expo.

Looking forward to it!

#335 2 years ago
    Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Just announced, the dates for Arcade Expo 3.0 have been changed to March 17-19 2017:
    "NEW DATES: MARCH 17-19, 2017
    Due to facility upgrades and improvements at the Museum of Pinball, Arcade Expo 3.0 will now be held March 17-19, 2017, in Banning, California. There's no better way to enjoy St. Patrick's Day than at Arcade Expo. We now have over 1,100 retro to modern pinball and video games.
    We apologize for any inconvenience. Tickets go on sale soon!"

I wonder what kind of upgrades they're doing. They have so much property to work with!

Sadly, this means no public events between now and 3.0.

#336 2 years ago
    Quoted from Cornelius:

I wonder what kind of upgrades they're doing. They have so much property to work with!

I'm going to guess it may be electrical and / or Air Conditioning (help keep the main building warm or cold and control humidity perhaps).

#337 2 years ago

Not really an issue in Jan / original time frame.

Last year I didn't think there were any facility issues to speak of as an attendee. Maybe stuff not right behind the scenes?

#338 2 years ago

Well the property as it is now is kinda janky, no? I mean it's charming in its own way, but it could use a little sprucing up.

#339 2 years ago

Sure but I dont remember any issues that would be so major to delay (this far out) ?

Either way, hope to attend !

#340 2 years ago

Agreed, the place was fine as far as the pinball hall. Perhaps the video game end?

#341 2 years ago

bathroom upgrades, needing to be handicap compliant?
    Other zoning and city permit issues
    maybe listen to podcast interview with John Weeks for more possible answers

Quoted from pinwiztom:

on this podcast.

#342 2 years ago

Arcade Expo one weekend, TPF the next. Book yer tickets, folks!

#343 2 years ago

We're very excited to announce that It Never Drains in Southern California 2017 will be held at the Musuem of Pinball in Banning, CA from January 13-15, 2017! The museum has been very generous in working with us and allowing us to hold our tournament there despite Arcade Expo's date change.

Please note: This is a private event. Only tournament competitors will be granted entry into the museum. The pinball machines used in the tournament and in the practice bank will be the only ones available for play. The remainder of the museum's arcade and pinball machines will be powered off and unavailable.

There will be a $20 entry/registration fee per person used to cover the Museum's operating costs for the weekend.

Additional details to follow! Keep an eye on our website (www.neverdrains.com) and Facebook page (facebook.com/iepinball) for more information.

4 months later
    #344 2 years ago

If you'd like to volunteer to prepare for Arcade Expo or work at the Expo on March 17-19, 2017 please PM me. I am working along side Kenny to organize Play and Tune tech days and the Expo volunteers.

Next tech days are February 11 and 12, 10am to 6pm both days. More dates to be announced.

questions or to sign up for tech days or Arcade Expo help? let me know

#345 2 years ago

From today's Expo Tech Day:
    IMG_0165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0169 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0161 (resized).JPG

IMG_0154 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Hardware
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 9.95
    $ 149.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 219.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 45.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ...redshiftLED
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside