4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 345 posts
  • 66 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by girloveswaffles
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 91 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0161 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0169 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0171 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0160 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0166 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0165 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0154 (resized).JPG
    expo_(resized).jpg
    Eight_Ball_Deluxes_(resized).jpg
    C-A-Robinson_(resized).png
    P1000830_(resized).JPG
    943820_1062271253823365_626469948540011103_n_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7494_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7484_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7479_(resized).jpg
    IMG_7478_(resized).jpg

There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
    #1 4 years ago

We are 65 days away from Arcade Expo and It Never Drains. Not only does Arcade Expo feature the biggest and most unique pinball collection for you to enjoy but this year will also host SoCals largest pinball tournament It Never Drains.

The event is January 15-17, 2016.

Let's make this years the biggest show in the country!

For more info check out www.arcadeexpo.com and www.neverdrains.com

Hope to see you all there!
    image.jpeg
    image.jpeg

#2 4 years ago

Many of us will be donating our time this weekend to get the games up and running.

64 days will be here before we know it.

Hope to see you all there.

#3 4 years ago

I'm going to try and get out there on Sunday to work on games. If anyone in SoCal has an interest in helping out you should post in this thread, and we'll make sure you get all the useful info.

#4 4 years ago

Thanks Tbgolfen!
    I was going to start an official thread tonight after work but alas, you beat me to the punch!
    Last week's turnout was pretty decent for such short notice and (fingers crossed) I imagine this week's turnout will be even better. Big thanks to the folks that have volunteered previously and of course, big thanks to all the future folks that can volunteer to help give Arcade Expo that much needed boost/polish to become the "undisputed-global-reigning-champ" of pinball AND arcade goodness.
    If any SoCal residents inside or beyond the Orange County curtain need a ride to Banning on Sundays to help, I'd be happy to drive them out and back.

For those curious Pinsiders that might want to know more but don't know Pinside also has an events page, I put the rest of the Arcade Expo 2.0 info there as well.
    (I'll also add the INDISC info to the page tonight after work.)

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/arcade-expo-20-2016

Thanks guys!

#5 4 years ago

If you bring a rubber chicken NimblePin will sign it!

#6 4 years ago

The Svendow knows...
    image.jpg

#7 4 years ago

Somebody had to do it! 63 days and counting.

#8 4 years ago

Bump for the weekend, anyone going out to Banning to tune machines?

#9 4 years ago

I am planning on going as long as I can get my work schedule to allow it.

Played the tournament at the lake about a month ago in Riverside and it made me realize the drive sucks but it is worth it. Especially if I can get a couple of buddies up here to go along with.

So count in as interested and more than likely going at this time. I'll be excited to see the updates.

#10 4 years ago

super excited for this dual event! To anyone on the fence you should definitely go!

#11 4 years ago

Hmm, I have a ton of work in San Diego I need to get done soon. I wonder if I could time some overlap. Looks like there is about an hour and half drive between the two cities.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hmm, I have a ton of work in San Diego I need to get done soon. I wonder if I could time some overlap. Looks like there is about an hour and half drive between the two cities.

You won't regret it! Amazing collection, great tournament, and great people. The drive is easy by SoCal standards.

62 days!

#13 4 years ago

Is this the same event that was held at Chapparal Lanes last January?

#14 4 years ago

Yes! Now you get the best tournament and show combined!

On my way to Banning to wrench on some games.

image.jpeg

#15 4 years ago

INDISC!

Make your plans today to attend!

15k+ prize fund last 2 years. Looking to break records this year!

'A', 'B' and 'Classics' divisions!

Also, keep your eyes peeled for "Free Entries Trivia!" coming soon!

See you in January!

Www.neverdrains.com

#16 4 years ago

Sweet! Any idea if local lodging (like Morongo) has special INDISC rates?

#17 4 years ago

Yep, I was just coming in here to ask if there is an "event hotel" (so to speak, I see the event is not at a hotel) that offers a discount rate?

I will know by the end of this week if I can coordinate this with a regular buisness meeting in San Diego. Looks like a fun event.

#18 4 years ago

It's totally worth going to. This thread needs more pics! You can see a writeup I did about the show last year with a lot of photos here:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/a-virtual-day-with-750-pinball-and-arcade-games-no-quarters-needed/

20150117_ARCEXPO_web.jpg

#19 4 years ago

List of games we fixed today:

WCS
    CV
    JD
    CFBL
    SS

All working and ready to go.

image.jpeg

#20 4 years ago

Wait holy cow, they are doing CAMPING.

Hmmmm January... In the desert... Well, it won't be HOT.

Oh my gosh I'm excited!

(I did a trip report too: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twin-galaxies-entertainment-festival-in-banning-ca)

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, I was just coming in here to ask if there is an "event hotel" (so to speak, I see the event is not at a hotel) that offers a discount rate?

John is working on a couple of options. Hopefully I'll know more next week and update the events page as well as this thread when stuff gets buttoned up.
    It's totally worth the trip Pinside just to see this place in person.
    RotorDave and the Kiwi crew had a great time when they stopped by to visit, and if NZ guys can make it, there should be no excuses for others within the U.S. to skip this awesome show.

Thanks again to all the volunteers that came out this week!

#22 4 years ago

Make your plans to attend this years Arcade expo and INDISC!

Only 60 days left!

#23 4 years ago

Don't miss out on this awesome show and tournament. Thanks to Jim Belsito, Karl Deangelo and John Weeks for seeing the vision of these two great events coming together!

John is preparing an amazing venue for this years tournament.

image.jpeg

#24 4 years ago

Forgot to mention only 59 days and counting!

#25 4 years ago

Pre-Weekend Volunteer bump!
    If you'd like to help shop games this weekend between 10-7 Saturday and Sunday, AE would love to have you!

55 days 12 hours and 29 minutes to go for Arcade Expo 2016!!!

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

This thread needs more pics!

The only "pic" you/we need...
    http://www.pinsane.com/pinorama/events/ARCEX_15/
    Also,
    HUGE thanks to Steve Tsubota for taking it in the first place! Still amazes me to this day!!!

#27 4 years ago

54 days and counting!

#28 4 years ago

How are the EM pins coming along? I see over 200 listed on the website but the inaugural event last January had no more than about 20-30 working in total... and of them... at least half weren't working very well.

Understandably, although the website says "each of these machines will be displayed and in working order – ready to be played by you and your friends", I'll need confirmation before promoting the event this time. It's just too expensive and time consuming to fly to LA, rent cars and hotels, etc, for what is a comparatively small number of playable titles.

I personally spend 30+ hours on a typical EM for the mech/electrical portion alone. You can't simply "fix what broke" on these old games. They need to be completely rebuilt to withstand another generation of pounding... and that takes a lot of time... and John has a LOT of games.

I believe Arcade Expo will eventually become a premiere experience like Pinburgh/ReplayFX, TPF, PHOF, and Ann Arbor. Just needs some more time to get there. So, how we doin'?

#29 4 years ago

Is there a game list available for the tournament?

#30 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

So, how we doin'?

Let me check in with a few people that are monitoring the repairs before I offer up a status.

Sounds like we need you to come out and help us! If you would ever consider donating some time the pinball community would be indebted to you.

Quoted from desertT1:

Is there a game list available for the tournament

Jim will be releasing the games soon and will be doing his annual trivia as well. Stay tuned as we are getting close to announcing them.

52 days and counting.

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from Tbgolfen:

Sounds like we need you to come out and help us! If you would ever consider donating some time the pinball community would be indebted to you.

I'd like to, but time is indeed the issue. Would be a lot easier to coordinate if I were local, but even then, you'd need about 20 clones of me for a solid month to make an appreciable dent in that many machines. If I had a full week I could go through (full rebuild, not just "fix") two machines (not 4-players), maximum, on a full-tilt nonstop schedule... assuming no serious repairs/undoing of hacks were necessary. That's just the mechs and electrical stuff. No polishing/waxing/cleaning/rubbering/touchups/etc.

That's why I was curious about the EM's. Without a secret army of Oompa-Loompas in the back, it seems all but impossible to bring even 20% online by the January deadline (assuming the status quo hasn't changed much). But would love to see it happen regardless!

#32 4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Indisc 'Free Entries Trivia' coming soon...... (after the turkey hangover ends!)

#33 4 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving!

50 days and counting!

#34 4 years ago

Looks like it will be great!

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

How are the EM pins coming along?

We too spent probably 20 to 30 hours an an EM restoration, on woodrails probably more. It takes forever to do it right. But I believe no game hits the floor of the Ann Arbor facility without that happening. It makes no sense to put barely working games on the floor, it always comes back to haunt you. One way or another that EM gets the time from you. So better to give it up front than on the back end. We have almost 100 EMs too at this time (more to come).

#36 4 years ago

Be careful with 2016 threads that have countdowns

Ps. Hope to try & make it

#37 4 years ago

Hiya Clay. Agreed there are no shortcuts. Just gotta get those 30 hours in one way or another.

I spent the last three days at PHOF chewing the fat with Tim and Todd about maintenance, zoning, doing business, etc... and of course your name came up favorably. Really like your help guides and I've seen several games you've sold on Pinside/FB and they all looked very nice. Especially for the price.

I'm putting Ann Arbor on my travel itinerary for 2016. Looking forward to seeing the collection and meeting you & the local pinsters.

#38 4 years ago

BTW, staying tuned Tbgolfen... just reply when you get confirmation of the status quo. Thx!

#39 4 years ago

For TigerLaw and others...
    Looks like the Holiday Inn Express is the "official" lodging for Arcade Expo (on 3020 West Ramsey St) but, John mentioned that some various hotels in Banning will also give special rates if you mention "Arcade Expo", while booking.
    He has it added on the Arcade Expo page under "Travel & Lodging."

http://www.arcadeexpo.com/travel-lodging/

47 days 23 hours to go!

#40 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

How are the EM pins coming along? I see over 200 listed on the website but the inaugural event last January had no more than about 20-30 working in total... and of them... at least half weren't working very well.
    Understandably, although the website says "each of these machines will be displayed and in working order – ready to be played by you and your friends", I'll need confirmation before promoting the event this time. It's just too expensive and time consuming to fly to LA, rent cars and hotels, etc, for what is a comparatively small number of playable titles.
    I personally spend 30+ hours on a typical EM for the mech/electrical portion alone. You can't simply "fix what broke" on these old games. They need to be completely rebuilt to withstand another generation of pounding... and that takes a lot of time... and John has a LOT of games.
    I believe Arcade Expo will eventually become a premiere experience like Pinburgh/ReplayFX, TPF, PHOF, and Ann Arbor. Just needs some more time to get there. So, how we doin'?

I was just at MOP this weekend, the pin repair is a slowly but surely process. We did a video walk-through of the floor plan and there are definitely machines that need some sweet-lovin' help. The guys that ARE working on them are amazing and are spending every waking hour, just going down the line repairing stuff. Being out in the desert seems like it kinda limits who can get out there to volunteer time to get these pins ready... with that being said, Does anyone have any good advice or suggestions on how to get more of these ready before the show? Team work makes the dream work!! I too was pretty sad at the ratio of working games last year, and would not want people to remember Arcade Expo as THAT place. I wish I could repair stuff, but I'm just a lowly noob with a camera. -_-

IN OTHER NEWS, those wondering about hotels around the area.... why?!?!?! There's going to be camping!!! This year they are having "Starcade - gaming under the stars". Who's down to camp??

#41 4 years ago

As a courtesy to visitors planning to attend, it would be considerate to specify which games will/will not be ready on the event website. Currently it says "all are playable" which is apparently not the case for many of the EM's.

As mentioned, I'm a huge proponent of pinball and teach others how to maintain and restore them. But I can't promote or encourage people to spend $1000 to visit an EM collection if they won't have much of anything to play. Not asking for miracles... only want to ensure proper expectations this time.

#42 4 years ago
    Quoted from imotoarcade:

I was just at MOP this weekend, the pin repair is a slowly but surely process. We did a video walk-through of the floor plan and there are definitely machines that need some sweet-lovin' help. The guys that ARE working on them are amazing and are spending every waking hour, just going down the line repairing stuff. Being out in the desert seems like it kinda limits who can get out there to volunteer time to get these pins ready... with that being said, Does anyone have any good advice or suggestions on how to get more of these ready before the show? Team work makes the dream work!! I too was pretty sad at the ratio of working games last year, and would not want people to remember Arcade Expo as THAT place. I wish I could repair stuff, but I'm just a lowly noob with a camera. -_-
    IN OTHER NEWS, those wondering about hotels around the area.... why?!?!?! There's going to be camping!!! This year they are having "Starcade - gaming under the stars". Who's down to camp??

Any shower options for campers?

#43 4 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone that isn't familiar with the desert in the winter: IT'S EFFING COOOOOOLD. So, if you're camping, be aware.

Oh, and when you click on the "camping information" link on the ArcadeExpo.com site, you get a 404 page not found error. (however, clicking on the "Event" dropdown and "Camping" gets you to where you need to be)

#44 4 years ago
    Quoted from desertT1:

Any shower options for campers?

from the site:

$30 per night includes:

•Designated camping spot with space for a family-sized tent.
    •Use of electricity, but please bring your own extension cord.
    •Access to high-quality portable bathroom and shower.
    •Parking space near the camping area.

#46 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW, staying tuned Tbgolfen... just reply when you get confirmation of the status quo. Thx!

Spoke with John this evening and some good progress has been made with the Williams Em's. Work is still needed with the Bally Em's and I am guessing the Gottliebs as well.

45 days and counting.

#47 4 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

As a courtesy to visitors planning to attend, it would be considerate to specify which games will/will not be ready on the event website. Currently it says "all are playable" which is apparently not the case for many of the EM's.
    As mentioned, I'm a huge proponent of pinball and teach others how to maintain and restore them. But I can't promote or encourage people to spend $1000 to visit an EM collection if they won't have much of anything to play. Not asking for miracles... only want to ensure proper expectations this time.

I think that's definitely fair and will see what I can do to help make that a thing. Closer to the event I am going to do a video walkthrough of all the pins doing a head count on which ones are actually working. There are a lot of badass people donating their time to get these machines ready!!! Anyone else interested in helping out?

Quoted from desertT1:

RV options/restrictions?

I heard no RV's, buuuut that might change because it's going to be cold as @*$&(@.

#48 4 years ago

There are a couple of cheap airbnb's near there. Around $50/night.

airbnb.jpg

#49 4 years ago

Plans are shaping up great for INDISC! The floor plan and arrangements have been made. More details to follow.

44 and counting.

#50 4 years ago
    Quoted from imotoarcade:

I heard no RV's, buuuut that might change because it's going to be cold as @*$&(@.

Do you know who has the final say on this? This would be a pretty big cost savings for the trip, so would be really nice to be able to do.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 269.00
    Cabinet - Other
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 26.50
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 139.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 200.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Maple Street Sign Shop
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Game Room Info Shop
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    There are 345 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside