Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by shimoda
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

Nominations for the 2016-2017 PAPA Circuit are now open. Visit the URL below to view the requirements and fill out the form to nominate your tournament. All tournaments, world-wide, are now eligible for inclusion.

http://papa.org/competitions/papa-tournament-circuit/circuit-tournament-registration/19

For more details on the PAPA Circuit visit: http://papa.org/competitions/papa-tournament-circuit/

#2 8 years ago

Pintastic newengland show submited! Here's hoping!

#3 8 years ago

Hoping the Cleveland Show will make the cut.

Maybe Andy Rosa will submit PinWars in MPE's absence.

#4 8 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Maybe Andy Rosa will submit PinWars in MPE's absence.

Yes yes yes

#5 8 years ago

Surprisingly, no events from Texas submitted yet.

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Surprisingly, no events from Texas submitted yet.

Not sure why that's surprising to anyone. We have no PAPA circuit quality venues that aren't private collector homes AFAIK.

*edit* Yes, I AM fully aware that one was held at Pinballz.

#7 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not sure why that's surprising to anyone. We have no PAPA circuit quality venues that aren't private collector homes AFAIK.
    *edit* Yes, I AM fully aware that one was held at Pinballz.

TPF?

#8 8 years ago

You really feel like with the inconsistent manner in which the tourneys have panned out previously that TPF is ready for that? Also, the main tournament this year may be the appropriate "scale" if it reaches 200 players, but the format leaves a lot to be desired for a circuit event if you ask me. Limited-attempt herb would not be my personal choice for a tournament with that much weight.....but it will probably work GREAT for TPF as opposed to prior setups, so I'm kind of torn there.

I think if things go without a hitch this year, then maybe try to do it for TPF 2017 and grow it.

#9 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

You really feel like with the inconsistent manner in which the tourneys have panned out previously that TPF is ready for that? Also, the main tournament this year may be the appropriate "scale" if it reaches 200 players, but the format leaves a lot to be desired for a circuit event if you ask me. Limited-attempt herb would not be my personal choice for a tournament with that much weight.....but it will probably work GREAT for TPF as opposed to prior setups, so I'm kind of torn there.
    I think if things go without a hitch this year, then maybe try to do it for TPF 2017 and grow it.

Well it happens before PAPA this year anyways, so it would have to be next year's that would be on the circuit.

I agree, if this year works well then it would be circuit worthy. Huge event that people really enjoy, makes sense to have a PAPA circuit tournament there.

#10 8 years ago

Believe me, I'd love to have a circuit event be 15 miles from my house. Just want to have fun playing in it as well. The one in OKC last year was fantastic. Got to play a round with Trent, lots of fun!

1 week later
    #11 8 years ago

Last day nominations will be accepted is Friday 2/19/16.

2 weeks later
    #12 8 years ago

How is the voting going to work?

#13 8 years ago

Yes, waiting to hear about voting. Hoping Pinvasion at SFGE gets in again!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-2017-papa-circuit-tournament-nomination-is-open and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.