IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

I'm bringing my Medusa and a few EMs

Thank You! Looking forward to Medusa and your EM's and thanks to everyone bringing from 1 game to I see some are bringing many! I wish I could, but logistically and for other reaons it's really difficult for me to do that currently. But maybe 2-3 years from now I can.

#60 8 years ago

I was disappointed by the VIP event Friday night. Paid 35$ and despite not being in use. wouldn't let us play the pins in the tourney room which for the price was disappointing. I think those should have be opened up and that was the only chance my wife and I would have had to play them. The snacks were nothing special just some chips, peanuts and not much else. I thought JJP was going to present. Basically it was playing the pins with less people there which was nice but not what I and several of my friends were expecting. Did allow my wife and I to play TH several times and other games we wanted to play but was expecting more and wouldn't have paid and stayed for that had we understood the full details.
All of that being said, there's some fun games and nice to get many games on TH, AMH, and some pins I haven't seen at the Denver show in recent years including two beautiful Zaccaria pins, an interesting Inder pin, and several others. Thanks to all who brought pins and have worked hard to make this show happen once again!

#80 8 years ago

"As far as the tournament games, if you want to play those enter one of the tournaments maybe."

I get that during the tourney time, but to see the games empty during the VIP and for the amount of $ and be told we couldn't play them really annoyed my wife and I. I've never played a Space Shullte and would have liked to get a few games on it but not allowed. I suck and don't play in tourneys and don't have a desire to play in them right now. To me and several others I've talked to, the whole VIP experience was a high letdown.

Otherwise, my wife and I enjoyed playing TH and talking with Jersey Jack and playing many wonderful pins and socializing. It's a good show and glad it exists. But I think feedback both positive and constructive gives the organizers a chance to improve. I.e. I'm not just wanting to complain as a lot has gone well and I've enjoyed this show now for several years. That said, I went to TPF for this first time in March. The amount of seminars, pins (around 500 versus around 115 at Denver), and even most surprising the cost of the show seems ahead of Denver. I realize we're talking about a much bigger metro area and I understand Denver shouldn't be expected to have 500 pins. But would be nice to see someday it get to at least 200 pins.

Meanwhile much thanks to Dan, Holly and others who spent time organizing and running it! Sorry for my above complaints and I hope they're seen as constructive feedback and not as griping.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-12-14?tu=wesleycowan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.