IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vintageclub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 8 years ago

How long before the updated games list goes up?

#8 8 years ago

I hope Pharaoh isn't in the tournament this year. I really missed playing it in the main hall last year. Weird, wonderful game.

#12 8 years ago

Sorcerer has been there for the past 2 years, but I can't remember seeing the other 3 there. Yes, there are alot of trusty machines that the locals bring in every year but don't underestimate all the great stuff thats new to the show year to year. Last year I played Seawitch, Strange Science, Baywatch, Volcano, Grand Lizard, Lazer War, Fathom, Cosmic Gunfight and tons more for the FIRST time and they weren't there the previous year. So, without question there will be a fresh crop of stuff to play at this year's show. I'm bringing down a Williams Barracora machine this year, which I don't believe they've had yet... so there's ONE! You only get free admission when you bring two or more machines, but I'm 400 miles away and just don't have the room for more than one. I'm looking forward to a great show.... after "showshock" wears off (about 2-3 weeks) I start yearning to go back.

#14 8 years ago

.........with the absurdly nice playfield. Gotta love that Spanish clearcoat.

#19 8 years ago

Any chance the Lefkoff boy won't be allowed to ring the parent/kid tournament any longer? My son and I were having fun until we felt his wrath

#20 8 years ago

I noticed the updated games list on www.pinballshowdown.com Nice to see AMH and the Hobbit will be there. Really hoping for Stern's KISS to show up, and I'm incredibly excited to play that Time Machine, and the Robocop too..... haven't played Time Machine since Vegas almost 4 years ago and the Robocop last year was having fits. Maybe if the stars align we'll see a nice Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this year, that would be fantastic!

1 week later
#23 8 years ago

Obviously I was kidding. Escher is a great player and deserves to win. He was nice enough to pair up with his mom and not his dad, otherwise we could've just walked away and spare ourselves the abuse.

2 weeks later
#33 8 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Just finished repopulating medusa after a deep clean and 2 coats of carnauba. Just fine tuning all the playfield switches now....

image.jpg

I've made a list of stuff to do on my bringer before it comes out of the basement, too. Just hoping I don't forget something and leave it 400 miles away at home. Killer Medusa, I've never played one and I'm looking forward to it.

1 week later
#95 8 years ago

I could only fit one machine in my vehicle for the 7 hour drive to get there, but if I had more space or was local I would bring more. Kudos to all the local collectors who brought some really cool games to share. I really enjoyed playing Pharaoh and the Black Knight next to it, Mousin Around, Earthshaker, Time Machine, and more from the collector community. I hope anyone who didn't bring a game this year might do so next year to make a really fun event even better. If anyone knows the guy who brought the Robocop, its just as in bad shape as last year and only "worked" for about 6 hours of the entire show. Don't bring garbage just to get the free pass. Its a shame because Robocop is a really fun game that you never see.

#99 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

One thing Denver definitely has over many other shows is that the condition of the games is very high. They're almost all in fantastic shape.

I would second that statement, the games are great and when they go dark they're usually up and rolling shortly thereafter. However, the ones with obviously ignored problems stick out like a sore thumb. They had some solid EMs this year, too. There was a Williams "Aztec" that was almost as snappy as a solid-state game; really nice flipper and slingshot action. I need to wind down for a bit, but I know I'll be missing the show after a week or so.

#101 8 years ago

I forgot about Delta Queen, that was a good time, too. In a world where you have to be a superstar rock band, summer blockbuster movie, or a timeless classic film to get your own pinball machine, its odd that in the 70s you just needed to be a riverboat to get your own game.

#103 8 years ago

Barracora actually got 1st Best in Show and 1st in Best 80s Game. That was really flattering and I was beaming for the rest of the day. I had forgotten about the contest until people saying they were voting for my game. Very cool. I played a bunch of Medusa. That artwork is so fun, I love it.

Yes, Dan and Holly, we didn't leave the show other than to eat or sleep; no place else we wanted to be the entire time.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Is it expensive to bring games in? Are their requirements?

Games are free to bring in and encouraged. If you bring two then you get a free adult weekend pass. I could only bring one but they gave me a 1/2 OFF pass. The agreement that you sign when you bring games in says something to the effect of, "Games must be on FREE PLAY. We are not responsible for any damages caused to the machine. Don't remove the game early for any reason. Etc" Standard sort of stuff, and it all makes sense because some people didn't have the games on free play, but were creditting them up as needed which meant lots of people pushing start buttons and not getting anywhere. Kind of frustrating. The other thing is taking games out early, which happens alot when people sell the game off the floor. This year I think I only saw two games leave early, which were the ScoreGasm Master from DayOne pinball and a Rollergames machine.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Only 1/2 credit toward a weekend pass for bringing a game?

I wasn't expecting any discount at all, just wanted to bring a game, so 1/2 credit was fine by me. They also gave me a VIP pass for one of the nights, but I had my 11-year-old son with me so I couldn't go due to the age restriction. I gave it away.

1 week later
#120 8 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Just getting everything set back up in the basement. Show audits.....Medusa 842, Delta Queen 528, and Aztec 472.

IMG_20150614_165111355.jpg

Very cool. I forgot to do that with my game. Lots of plays, just glad it never went dark.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vintageclub.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-12-14?tu=vintageclub and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.