IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10 8 years ago

Don and I will be doing a live show of The Pinball Podcast. This year we're planning on some sort of game and more giveaways. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

#13 8 years ago

The game lineup is always good. I want to put some more time on that Cherry Bell EM.

#18 8 years ago

Nice to see the tournaments growing and expanding with more divisions. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

3 weeks later
#39 8 years ago

For a meet up party, Friday is going to work better. Saturday has Spooky Pinball doing his reveal and I imagine people are going to want to see that and hang around for a bit. It's also the end of qualifying for some of the tournaments.

Don and I will be recording The Pinball Podcast live at 4:00pm on Saturday. Feel free to wander in and say hi. We've got 1 hour and have super sweet crap to give away.

#58 8 years ago

Fun day yesterday. Big thanks to JJ for the Pinside meet up dinner. I thought that the VIP thing was great.

I'm walking around today in a blue shirt and black and white shorts. I have my PinChat host badge on as well. Come say hi and let's play a few games. Our show is at 4:00, and then Spooky is at 6:00, so I'll be off the floor for a bit with that stuff

#90 8 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

First time in Denver. I had a great time all around. I am planning on being back for the next show and I'll probably make another Colorado trip before it gets cold. It's a really nice place.

Thanks for letting me try out and beat Don on that Scoregasm Master. That was a lot of fun.

#98 8 years ago

One thing Denver definitely has over many other shows is that the condition of the games is very high. They're almost all in fantastic shape.

I really liked the VIP thing. I don't really care for snacks, especially at 10:00 at night when I'm playing pinball, so whatever they rolled out didn't matter much to me (though I can see how it would bother some). I just really enjoyed the way more laid back period of time. Three hours with very few people playing was great. I met lots of people during that time and played some 2-4 player games that I really enjoyed.

I don't have much to complain about when it comes to the show. It's not easy pulling all of this together, and you really rely on the local community to make it work. I think the game selection was strong, and I felt that the space was perfect. I'm bringing my whole family out next year rather than just coming alone.

Maybe they can change a few things, but I really hope that they do the VIP thing again. I got so much time in on games during that period that it was well worth the cost to me.

#113 8 years ago

I have bought machines from the RMPS before and have left them out until the end of the show. I get why you would be nervous leaving it up, but I prefer not to have a machine disappear unexpectedly.

I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I didn't see any machines come down. I guess that explains why I never noticed the Rollergames in the first place, however.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I thought this was the policy. I know its our policy on any game we bring. You can buy it, but you can't take it until after the show and it has to stay publicly available for play.
JJ

I believe that they have an "early takedown" fee or something like that. It might not be the case anymore, but was years ago.

1 week later
#123 8 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Not complaining, but curious, has there been any issue with submitting this year's tournament results to IFPA? I keep checking the IFPA page but still don't see anything, two weeks later.

RMPS always seems a little slow to report.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-12-14?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.