IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 8 years ago

I forgot about Delta Queen, that was a good time, too. In a world where you have to be a superstar rock band, summer blockbuster movie, or a timeless classic film to get your own pinball machine, its odd that in the 70s you just needed to be a riverboat to get your own game.

#102 8 years ago

I thought the show was good, the VIP session was great for play time without lines. I had Americas Most Hunted to my self for a good while Saturday night, GREAT Game! Kiss is way more fun than I expected and that Barracora was sweet, It got my vote. I didn't hear who got first for 80s pin, my Medusa got 2nd. Good to see the two Zaccaria machines, I love Time Machine. The Hobbit was fun also. Thanks to all they others that brought machines, it takes a lot of effort for sure!

Thank you Holly and Dan for all your hard work!

#103 8 years ago

Barracora actually got 1st Best in Show and 1st in Best 80s Game. That was really flattering and I was beaming for the rest of the day. I had forgotten about the contest until people saying they were voting for my game. Very cool. I played a bunch of Medusa. That artwork is so fun, I love it.

Yes, Dan and Holly, we didn't leave the show other than to eat or sleep; no place else we wanted to be the entire time.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

One thing Denver definitely has over many other shows is that the condition of the games is very high. They're almost all in fantastic shape.

I agree a show should "show" off the best games, and the general condition of games was very high.

Quoted from jar155:

I really liked the VIP thing. Maybe they can change a few things, but I really hope that they do the VIP thing again. I got so much time in on games during that period that it was well worth the cost to me.

I think the intention is ok, but the execution could use some tweaking. Even before the VIP, RMPS is already more expensive than bigger shows like CAX, Southern Friend, Texas Pinball Festival, and Free Play Florida. Adding the VIP to play open to close all weekend is $135, which is double most other shows.

Free Play Florida's VIP is only a $25 upcharge for the weekend ($75 total) but that gets you a T-Shirt, Poster, lanyard, plus early admission for 2 days. I like early VIP admission better than kicking people out at 10pm, since normally if you are still there past 10pm the non-collector crowds have already died down. I'm looking forward to see what next year brings.

#105 8 years ago

Barracora was definitely best in show. Thanks for bringing such a beautiful game!

#106 8 years ago

Is it expensive to bring games in? Are their requirements?

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Is it expensive to bring games in? Are their requirements?

Games are free to bring in and encouraged. If you bring two then you get a free adult weekend pass. I could only bring one but they gave me a 1/2 OFF pass. The agreement that you sign when you bring games in says something to the effect of, "Games must be on FREE PLAY. We are not responsible for any damages caused to the machine. Don't remove the game early for any reason. Etc" Standard sort of stuff, and it all makes sense because some people didn't have the games on free play, but were creditting them up as needed which meant lots of people pushing start buttons and not getting anywhere. Kind of frustrating. The other thing is taking games out early, which happens alot when people sell the game off the floor. This year I think I only saw two games leave early, which were the ScoreGasm Master from DayOne pinball and a Rollergames machine.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

Games are free to bring in and encouraged. If you bring two then you get a free adult weekend pass. I could only bring one but they gave me a 1/2 OFF pass.

Only 1/2 credit toward a weekend pass for bringing a game?

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Yes only 1/2 credit If you bring two you get full credit.

Maybe VIP times need open Bar.. But I'm guessing knowing what hotels charge for open bar that would be very cost prohibitive.

#110 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I wasn't expecting any discount at all, just wanted to bring a game, so 1/2 credit was fine by me. They also gave me a VIP pass for one of the nights, but I had my 11-year-old son with me so I couldn't go due to the age restriction. I gave it away.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

I wasn't expecting any discount at all, just wanted to bring a game, so 1/2 credit was fine by me.

I was just surprised as most shows offer a free weekend pass for bringing a game.

#112 8 years ago

From my experience you get a free pass to the show for every day your game is in free play. So if it sells on day one than you will need another game to get your free pass for day 2.

#113 8 years ago

I have bought machines from the RMPS before and have left them out until the end of the show. I get why you would be nervous leaving it up, but I prefer not to have a machine disappear unexpectedly.

I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I didn't see any machines come down. I guess that explains why I never noticed the Rollergames in the first place, however.

#114 8 years ago

RMPS should have a policy that a game brought to the show needs to remain for the duration regardless of sale... that way both the buyer and seller understand this beforehand, and we don't wind up with empty spots in the middle of the weekend....it's an expo not a swap meet.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

RMPS should have a policy that a game brought to the show needs to remain for the duration regardless of sale... that way both the buyer and seller understand this beforehand, and we don't wind up with empty spots in the middle of the weekend.

I thought this was the policy. I know its our policy on any game we bring. You can buy it, but you can't take it until after the show and it has to stay publicly available for play.

JJ

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I thought this was the policy. I know its our policy on any game we bring. You can buy it, but you can't take it until after the show and it has to stay publicly available for play.
JJ

I believe that they have an "early takedown" fee or something like that. It might not be the case anymore, but was years ago.

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I believe that they have an "early takedown" fee or something like that. It might not be the case anymore, but was years ago.

Yeah, I think they used to have a $35 or $50 fee.

#118 8 years ago

I'd be interested in bringing my hook and time warp next year. I was so bummed when they took rollergames down. If I would have known it was for sale I probably would have bought it on the spot!!

1 week later
#119 8 years ago

Just getting everything set back up in the basement. Show audits.....Medusa 842, Delta Queen 528, and Aztec 472.

IMG_20150614_165111355.jpgIMG_20150614_165111355.jpg

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Just getting everything set back up in the basement. Show audits.....Medusa 842, Delta Queen 528, and Aztec 472.

IMG_20150614_165111355.jpg

Very cool. I forgot to do that with my game. Lots of plays, just glad it never went dark.

#121 8 years ago

Not complaining, but curious, has there been any issue with submitting this year's tournament results to IFPA? I keep checking the IFPA page but still don't see anything, two weeks later.

#122 8 years ago

Had a great time at the show. The meet and greet hosted by JJ and Tim was awesome! Met some great people and even got a lead on a game were were looking for (bought it Sunday). We did the VIP event Friday and I didn't have any complaints. I
did think there would be a presentation or something but I was happy to pay the extra $10 to have some late night access and didn't mind things at all. Pleased with the new venue and we will definitely be going next year.

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from DoubleDanger:

Not complaining, but curious, has there been any issue with submitting this year's tournament results to IFPA? I keep checking the IFPA page but still don't see anything, two weeks later.

RMPS always seems a little slow to report.

#124 8 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

RMPS always seems a little slow to report.

Cool, good to know it's nothing out of the ordinary. I'll just keep checking. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-june-12-14/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.