Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EchoicStriker
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20150614_165111355.jpg
IMG_8446.JPG
IMG_8447.JPG
IMG_8452.JPG
IMG_8449.JPG
IMG_8464.JPG
0613150026.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 4 years ago

Is anyone going to the VIP event tonight from 10-1am?

#52 4 years ago

My wife and I will be there. We are just north of Denver right now!! Wife's hauling ass to get there lol.

#53 4 years ago

I will be there bwheels.

#54 4 years ago

sweet! ill look for you guys!! maybe get a game of kiss in. Or hopefully the Hobbit

#55 4 years ago

Just look for a guy wearing a Wyoming pinball t-shirt and a black stern hat = Switch

#56 4 years ago

cool i will have a black colorado rockies hat, black hoodie, and salmon colored shorts. Cant miss them

#57 4 years ago

a few more pix from yesterday.. wasnt able to take too many pix but I will today.

IMG_2346.JPG IMG_2345.JPG IMG_2347.JPG
#58 4 years ago

Fun day yesterday. Big thanks to JJ for the Pinside meet up dinner. I thought that the VIP thing was great.

I'm walking around today in a blue shirt and black and white shorts. I have my PinChat host badge on as well. Come say hi and let's play a few games. Our show is at 4:00, and then Spooky is at 6:00, so I'll be off the floor for a bit with that stuff

#59 4 years ago

Stop by and pick up some LEDs! We have some awesome show specials going on!

#60 4 years ago

I was disappointed by the VIP event Friday night. Paid 35$ and despite not being in use. wouldn't let us play the pins in the tourney room which for the price was disappointing. I think those should have be opened up and that was the only chance my wife and I would have had to play them. The snacks were nothing special just some chips, peanuts and not much else. I thought JJP was going to present. Basically it was playing the pins with less people there which was nice but not what I and several of my friends were expecting. Did allow my wife and I to play TH several times and other games we wanted to play but was expecting more and wouldn't have paid and stayed for that had we understood the full details.
All of that being said, there's some fun games and nice to get many games on TH, AMH, and some pins I haven't seen at the Denver show in recent years including two beautiful Zaccaria pins, an interesting Inder pin, and several others. Thanks to all who brought pins and have worked hard to make this show happen once again!

#61 4 years ago

Is there any streaming of the seminars/spooky reveal?

#62 4 years ago

Its 3:11 their time, i think it starts at 6:00

#63 4 years ago

That'll work out well - mid morning Sunday here. But still don't know if anyone is filming to stream on Twitch.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

I was disappointed by the VIP event Friday night. Paid 35$ and despite not being in use. wouldn't let us play the pins in the tourney room which for the price was disappointing. I think those should have be opened up and that was the only chance my wife and I would have had to play them. The snacks were nothing special just some chips, peanuts and not much else. I thought JJP was going to present. Basically it was playing the pins with less people there which was nice but not what I and several of my friends were expecting. Did allow my wife and I to play TH several times and other games we wanted to play but was expecting more and wouldn't have paid and stayed for that had we understood the full details.

Ditto on the VIP event. It wasn't an event at all - just the ability to play games with fewer people around. The snacks were a disappointment and they disappeared after an hour. No comments or anything related to The Hobbit at all. Certainly not worth another $35 on top of the show pass. All hype, no substance. I suspect the Whoa Nellie "event" tonight will be more of the same and glad I didn't buy a pass for it too.

#65 4 years ago

I must agree with Wesley and jfh....the VIP event was not worth it....no substance. Hopefully those who pay the extra tonight will have a better experience. Would like to hear how it goes.

#66 4 years ago

Have to be honest; I enjoyed this event significantly more when it was under previous "ownership". Back when it was just more of a community DIY gathering at jeffco fairgrounds. All this VIP pre-sales crap just feels like money making hype...Line up has not been worth what they want to charge for tickets.

All that griping said I'm glad the event exists as the only "significant official" gathering in the region. But when we have such a vibrant pinhead scene here in colorado; I just feel "underserved" by this event. I've discussed similar feeling with more than a few local heads; and the idea of an alliterative gathering (more like Dory Hill) is worth pursing collectively..? Again not replacing RMPS but as an alternative...

Apologies for the sour grapes

#67 4 years ago

If there is going to be show VIP time, a better idea is to reward those that helped out with the show in some way by getting some exclusive playing time, say, late Saturday night, for free. Even so, it puts everyone in an awkward situation, kicking out friends and paying guests. Personally I'd rather it remain open for everyone open to close for the same daily fee.

The Friday VIP event is a bit of a mess. If you have to work during the day and grab a bite to eat after work and avoid rush-hour before heading down, that puts you there at 7pm-ish. It's 3 hours before doors shut for the VIP event, and you have to make a choice whether it's worth $25 for a few hours, or sport $35 for 3 hours of VIP time, but as the VIP tickets are capped who's to know if there even are any left by the time you get there? Just not worth the money, time, or risk. A normal show would be open to the public to midnight on Friday, much simpler, and much more inviting.

#68 4 years ago

Awesome show!

#69 4 years ago

Some photos from yesterday (6/13/15)

IMG_2352.JPG IMG_2353.JPG IMG_2354.JPG IMG_2355.JPG IMG_2357.JPG IMG_2361.JPG IMG_2362.JPG IMG_2363.JPG IMG_2364.JPG IMG_2365.JPG
#70 4 years ago
IMG_2368.JPG IMG_2369.JPG IMG_2370.JPG IMG_2371.JPG IMG_2372.JPG
#71 4 years ago

My girlfriend and I were underwhelmed by the event. We had lots of fun but it's not even close to the MGC. I think it's hard for us because we went to our first event last year wich was MGC and they set a very high bar. On so many levels this event pales in comparison. Lol what in the heck is up with the bowl of mustard they had with the snacks?

#72 4 years ago

I had a great time yesterday!! The on,y thing I was really disappointed with was the hype of the newest released games and how much of a let down they were.

#73 4 years ago

It takes a ton of work to put together these shows guys. Sometimes things don't work out exactly like you thought they would. I applaud the efforts of show promotors everywhere! It's all about having fun and playing pinbal!

#74 4 years ago

Thanks to all who stopped by and said hi! Here are a couple of play counts for you

Kiss pro with caemra rig - 834
Kiss pro with out camera - 760
St prem 557

I will try and pull some more tomorrow.

It was a great show, attendance was up from last year, and there were 221 games this year. Which was about 50 more then last year. Much larger space made for a much nicer event. As for a guy who ate alot of hotel food this weekend the food was wasnt bad.

Thanks Dan and Holly

#75 4 years ago

I'm glad the show exists and that vendors are coming to support it. The Marriott was a great venue and I hope the show returns there next year. The number of pins was up, there was a good variety of titles and there were very few games not running.

My biggest gripe? Not being able to hear most of the games. This certainly isn't a problem unique to the Denver show and I don't have any special insight on how to fix it. But not being to hear game sound and speech takes so much away from the enjoyment of playing a pin.

As mentioned above, the VIP events were a total let down and felt like nothing but a cash grab. I had low expections to start, but Friday didn't come close to meeting them. I probably should have had a clue when I asked Jack what he was going to be doing for the VIP event and he had no idea. (Thanks for coming to Denver, Jack. Bernice and I enjoyed talking with you and we both love and appreciate your passion for pinball).

I appreciated those who took the time to present seminars. For me, the Nellie, JJP and Spooky seminars were the highlight of the weekend. Would have been nice to have a "meet and greet" seminar where we could just go around the room and introduce ourselves (easier to do in a seminar room than a bar/restaurant though two thumbs up for JJ and his now traditional MNG).

My favorite new game to play was Whoa Nellie - by a very wide margin. That was the one game that got all my "just one more play" action. The game is just flat out plain old fashioned fun. My wife does not care for EMs - she calls them the "ding dongs" - but enjoyed WNBJM quite a bit and didn't shoot down the possibility of getting one. It was also a treat to spend some time with Dennis and Greg getting more insight on the game.

I also enjoyed KISS though I'm not a fan at all and thought the game was a lot of fun to play. WWE and TWD just did nothing for me. The Hobbit was much improved from TPF and looks great (if you can get past baby Smaug) and the scoop eject on AMH is still brutal, but the new ball save makes it less frustrating.

Wasn't a big fan of the huge electrical "speed bumps" - thanks to those that helped me after an unfortunate mishap with one.

Best game at the show? Nate's stunning 1933 Jigsaw hidden away in the tournament room. An absolutely beautiful restoration and a very addictive game. I'll bet the game made a fortune for its operators in their day.

#76 4 years ago

Had a blast at the Showdown. Great time with lots of old friends and made a bunch of new ones. Great selection of games, tournaments were run well, and new location was awesome.

I didn't have a problem with the VIP stuff.

As far as the tournament games, if you want to play those enter one of the tournaments maybe. BTW Qualifying and Finals went from show open to close every day.

HUGE thanks to everybody that brought games!! K-Mac and the Reaper brought a ton of great games as always. Huge props to all the people that helped them. The vendors brought some great games too, Marco, Game Exchange, Mirage, Universal etc big thanks to them as well. Hope you all sold a bunch.

#77 4 years ago

I will jump on the bandwagon for being annoyed by the VIP event. I did not attend it because it was way too expensive and just felt like somebody thought it would make the show a lot more cash. If I had been told that the show now ends at 10:00 but for an extra ten bucks I could stay until 1:00 I would have gone for it, but to ask for $35 was a bit out of hand.

The venue was definitely nicer than the last couple of years. I do not know how the game count compares to last year, but it seemed like there were fewer of the games I would normally look for, but more arcade machines. I wondered if the time of year (since kids would be out of school, and vacations are probably happening now) lead to that.

I do not know anything about the tournament setup, but it seemed a shame to have the only copy of games like Dr Who and Mustang buried in there were most people cannot play them.

Overall the show was a good time, just maybe rethink the whole VIP thing.

#78 4 years ago

Any time you want to play mustang just stop by. Got pro on the floor (the one in the tourney room was ours)

#79 4 years ago

I had a good time. The best part is chatting with the locals. With the VIP thing, I would have liked to see the tournament games opened up for free play during that time. Maybe they didn't want to risk extra strain on tourney games though? Either way, it was fun and well organized, as usual. Thanks to everyone who brought games.

#80 4 years ago

"As far as the tournament games, if you want to play those enter one of the tournaments maybe."

I get that during the tourney time, but to see the games empty during the VIP and for the amount of $ and be told we couldn't play them really annoyed my wife and I. I've never played a Space Shullte and would have liked to get a few games on it but not allowed. I suck and don't play in tourneys and don't have a desire to play in them right now. To me and several others I've talked to, the whole VIP experience was a high letdown.

Otherwise, my wife and I enjoyed playing TH and talking with Jersey Jack and playing many wonderful pins and socializing. It's a good show and glad it exists. But I think feedback both positive and constructive gives the organizers a chance to improve. I.e. I'm not just wanting to complain as a lot has gone well and I've enjoyed this show now for several years. That said, I went to TPF for this first time in March. The amount of seminars, pins (around 500 versus around 115 at Denver), and even most surprising the cost of the show seems ahead of Denver. I realize we're talking about a much bigger metro area and I understand Denver shouldn't be expected to have 500 pins. But would be nice to see someday it get to at least 200 pins.

Meanwhile much thanks to Dan, Holly and others who spent time organizing and running it! Sorry for my above complaints and I hope they're seen as constructive feedback and not as griping.

#81 4 years ago

If you suck at Pinball you probably don't want to play the tourney games anyway, their set up pretty nasty.

#82 4 years ago

For the sound issue that someone mentioned above, not being able to hear the games. We tried something at the Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show... Put headphone jacks on the games. We did this to all the WPC games, as a test, to see if people liked it. I saw a lot of people with headphones on, so i guess people used it. But didn't get a lot of comments either way (pro or con) on the idea. I'm not sure it's worth the trouble, but we tried it. Even sold headphones at the door for $2 if you didn't have any. Sold about 50 sets for the entire weekend.

#83 4 years ago

I always think it is a shame to not be able to hear the games at shows and was thinking the same thing about headphones . I brought my Zaccaria Farfella and Time Machine and as I was taking them out to the car after the show I saw the headphone jack staring me in the face(i forgot they had headphone jacks on there games in the 80s). I would have been great to have a set of noise canceling headphones laying on top of the games so you could hear the funky sounds of these games. Oh well next time.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I always think it is a shame to not be able to hear the games at shows and was thinking the same thing about headphones . I brought my Zaccaria Farfella and Time Machine and as I was taking them out to the car after the show I saw the headphone jack staring me in the face(i forgot they had headphone jacks on there games in the 80s). I would have been great to have a set of noise canceling headphones laying on top of the games so you could hear the funky sounds of these games. Oh well next time.

They both have headphone jacks? Why have I not been plugging into Time Machine...I love that music!

#85 4 years ago

Had a great time this year. Thanks to everyone that hung out with us and out great customers.

On the way home today. Needed to make a pit stop to get some new tires. Using the RMPS lanyards as a makeshift dog leash.

image.jpg

#86 4 years ago

Was awesome! Here's to next year!

0613150026.jpg
#87 4 years ago

Different Time Machine Ryan. Same as Farfalla it is a Zaccaria from Italy .

#88 4 years ago

I didn't play in the tourneys or do the VIP. We DID bring a game into our hotel room and party until the wee hours every night. The new venue is great and the lights didn't "glare" on the PF glasses as they have in the past. Dan and Holly are trying different things to make the event a more successful one, we may not see the VIP next year (I certainly hope not) and the tournament having a B divvy seemed to go well. It's a great event for pinheads and the general public.

However the best event of the year is still to come: Dory Hill!!!

#89 4 years ago

First time in Denver. I had a great time all around. I am planning on being back for the next show and I'll probably make another Colorado trip before it gets cold. It's a really nice place.

#90 4 years ago
Quoted from dkpinball:

First time in Denver. I had a great time all around. I am planning on being back for the next show and I'll probably make another Colorado trip before it gets cold. It's a really nice place.

Thanks for letting me try out and beat Don on that Scoregasm Master. That was a lot of fun.

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

That said, I went to TPF for this first time in March. The amount of seminars, pins (around 500 versus around 115 at Denver),

All of these Pinball shows are made by the collectors that bring games. Funny thing I notice here in Denver is the large amount of collectors who don't bring games and then complain about the show.

#92 4 years ago

So much fun!

#93 4 years ago

VIP may have been a misnomer, but I enjoyed it. Got most of my play time in during those last few, uncrowded hours. Fu*k the snacks, I'm there for the games.

#94 4 years ago

Arrival - Thursday night
IMG_8446.JPG

Friday morning - the rain
IMG_8447.JPG'

The Nifty LED booth
IMG_8452.JPG

IMG_8449.JPG

The Pinball Podcast with Don & Jeff - and Nifty Nate
IMG_8464.JPG

#95 4 years ago

I could only fit one machine in my vehicle for the 7 hour drive to get there, but if I had more space or was local I would bring more. Kudos to all the local collectors who brought some really cool games to share. I really enjoyed playing Pharaoh and the Black Knight next to it, Mousin Around, Earthshaker, Time Machine, and more from the collector community. I hope anyone who didn't bring a game this year might do so next year to make a really fun event even better. If anyone knows the guy who brought the Robocop, its just as in bad shape as last year and only "worked" for about 6 hours of the entire show. Don't bring garbage just to get the free pass. Its a shame because Robocop is a really fun game that you never see.

#96 4 years ago

I'd bring games, but I can never devote 3+ days just for free entry. Hit it hard Friday night, drive home Saturday.

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

If anyone knows the guy who brought the Robocop, its just as in bad shape as last year and only "worked" for about 6 hours of the entire show. Don't bring garbage just to get the free pass. Its a shame because Robocop is a really fun game that you never see.

I met that guy, and was randomly talking to him about how the right flipper was 'acting up'. he thanked me for mentioning it, and told me that he owned it. I think his name was Erin if I remember correctly. told him thanks for bringing it,as i never see one anywhere. He explained to me that he had done some coil replacements or something and that his friends had played it for a while before the showdown to make sure everything was playing.

#98 4 years ago

One thing Denver definitely has over many other shows is that the condition of the games is very high. They're almost all in fantastic shape.

I really liked the VIP thing. I don't really care for snacks, especially at 10:00 at night when I'm playing pinball, so whatever they rolled out didn't matter much to me (though I can see how it would bother some). I just really enjoyed the way more laid back period of time. Three hours with very few people playing was great. I met lots of people during that time and played some 2-4 player games that I really enjoyed.

I don't have much to complain about when it comes to the show. It's not easy pulling all of this together, and you really rely on the local community to make it work. I think the game selection was strong, and I felt that the space was perfect. I'm bringing my whole family out next year rather than just coming alone.

Maybe they can change a few things, but I really hope that they do the VIP thing again. I got so much time in on games during that period that it was well worth the cost to me.

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

One thing Denver definitely has over many other shows is that the condition of the games is very high. They're almost all in fantastic shape.

I would second that statement, the games are great and when they go dark they're usually up and rolling shortly thereafter. However, the ones with obviously ignored problems stick out like a sore thumb. They had some solid EMs this year, too. There was a Williams "Aztec" that was almost as snappy as a solid-state game; really nice flipper and slingshot action. I need to wind down for a bit, but I know I'll be missing the show after a week or so.

#100 4 years ago

The Aztec is mine, along with the Medusa and Delta Queen next to it. That Aztec was rescued from a trash pile. It plays great, one of my favorite EMs. Glad you enjoyed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 109.99
$ 14.00
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 88.00
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 53.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
€ 9.95
Playfield - Other
Multigame
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CzTV Mods
$ 248.85
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 199.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 19.00
Boards
Tilted Pinball
$ 9.95
$ 2.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 7,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside