Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by EchoicStriker
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 33 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20150614_165111355.jpg
IMG_8446.JPG
IMG_8447.JPG
IMG_8452.JPG
IMG_8449.JPG
IMG_8464.JPG
0613150026.jpg
image.jpg
IMG_2372.JPG
IMG_2371.JPG
IMG_2370.JPG
IMG_2368.JPG
IMG_2369.JPG
IMG_2365.JPG
IMG_2364.JPG
IMG_2361.JPG

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

It's coming! Clear your calendar the summer weekend of June 12-14, 2015, for three amazing days in Denver, Colorado, with over 150 pinball and arcade video games to play for free. Our new venue is the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows. New larger venue, same great fun!

Check out our awesome vendors and speakers at this year's show. We still have more to come. It is going to be bigger and better than ever!

Be a part of the show. If you would like to bring a games, please contact us at info@pinballshowdown.com

www.pinballshowdown.com

2 weeks later
#3 4 years ago

see you there!

1 week later
#4 4 years ago

I'll be there too! Really looking forward to this - surprised there hasn't been more buzz about the show on Pinside so far, but I know it will be a blast. Are there any other threads about the show on here that I may have missed, like sale/trade threads? Or other places I should be looking for news?

#5 4 years ago

How long before the updated games list goes up?

#6 4 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

How long before the updated games list goes up?

Yeah, I'd like to know this too. Not that my attendance depends on it or anything, but I noticed that the "tournament machines" are the ones used in 2014.

#7 4 years ago

Their still working on the game list. Looks like there are gonna be more games than ever at the Showdown!

#8 4 years ago

I hope Pharaoh isn't in the tournament this year. I really missed playing it in the main hall last year. Weird, wonderful game.

#9 4 years ago

I personally would like to see some different/rarer games this year, ones that I've never played like Socerer, BBB, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub to name a few. Hopefully we'll get a Big Lebowski and Hobbit to try too. Looking forward to it fo sho!

#10 4 years ago

Don and I will be doing a live show of The Pinball Podcast. This year we're planning on some sort of game and more giveaways. It should be fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I personally would like to see some different/rarer games this year, ones that I've never played like Socerer, BBB, Cactus Canyon, Champion Pub to name a few

Pretty sure all of those have been at the Showdown before. Hobbit is supposed to be there this year.

#12 4 years ago

Sorcerer has been there for the past 2 years, but I can't remember seeing the other 3 there. Yes, there are alot of trusty machines that the locals bring in every year but don't underestimate all the great stuff thats new to the show year to year. Last year I played Seawitch, Strange Science, Baywatch, Volcano, Grand Lizard, Lazer War, Fathom, Cosmic Gunfight and tons more for the FIRST time and they weren't there the previous year. So, without question there will be a fresh crop of stuff to play at this year's show. I'm bringing down a Williams Barracora machine this year, which I don't believe they've had yet... so there's ONE! You only get free admission when you bring two or more machines, but I'm 400 miles away and just don't have the room for more than one. I'm looking forward to a great show.... after "showshock" wears off (about 2-3 weeks) I start yearning to go back.

#13 4 years ago

The game lineup is always good. I want to put some more time on that Cherry Bell EM.

#14 4 years ago

.........with the absurdly nice playfield. Gotta love that Spanish clearcoat.

#15 4 years ago

I'm bringing my Medusa and a few EMs

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Don and I will be doing a live show of The Pinball Podcast.

Nice, so you guys can meet in person for, like, the fifth time! Seriously though, I'm looking forward to this - I always enjoy the shows the two of you put together. Thanks for doing them!

Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Awesome, I played Medusa at MGC and really liked it. Zipper flippers FTW! It will be fun to give it another go. Thanks for bringing your games!

#17 4 years ago

The show will have all new B Divisions for the Open, Classic Solid State, and Electro-Mechanical tournaments. There will also be a new Split Flipper Tournament.

#18 4 years ago

Nice to see the tournaments growing and expanding with more divisions. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

#19 4 years ago

Any chance the Lefkoff boy won't be allowed to ring the parent/kid tournament any longer? My son and I were having fun until we felt his wrath

#20 4 years ago

I noticed the updated games list on www.pinballshowdown.com Nice to see AMH and the Hobbit will be there. Really hoping for Stern's KISS to show up, and I'm incredibly excited to play that Time Machine, and the Robocop too..... haven't played Time Machine since Vegas almost 4 years ago and the Robocop last year was having fits. Maybe if the stars align we'll see a nice Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles this year, that would be fantastic!

#21 4 years ago

Come play some pinball this weekend at Denver Comic Con. We will be providing a Doctor Who pinball machine in the Aurora Rise booth, a non-profit that provides assistance to the Aurora theater shooting victims. All proceeds will benefit Aurora Rise.

#22 4 years ago
Quoted from vintageclub:

Any chance the Lefkoff boy won't be allowed to ring the parent/kid tournament any longer? My son and I were having fun until we felt his wrath

Sounds like an incentive to practice.

#23 4 years ago

Obviously I was kidding. Escher is a great player and deserves to win. He was nice enough to pair up with his mom and not his dad, otherwise we could've just walked away and spare ourselves the abuse.

2 weeks later
#24 4 years ago

The 2015 Rocky Mtn Pinball Showdown will have over 175 pinball and classic arcade games with more still coming in AND over 25 classic console gaming stations with hundreds of game titles.

Check out the latest scoops:

KISS pinball machines - Fresh off the production line, Stern Pinball's latest game KISS will be at the show! Be the first person in the state to play this new game.

Live PinTunes on the patio - come enjoy live music Thursday, Friday, and Saturday from 5 pm - 8 pm at the 2015 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in the Marriott's Sonoma's Bar & Grill.

Were excited to see these folks at the show -- Some are PinChat speakers from industry and community and others from the pinball and arcade media community: Charlie and KT from Spooky Pinball, Jack and Butch with Jersey Jack Pinball, Greg and Dennis with Whizbang Pinball, Martin with Pinball News, Don and Jeff with the Pinball Podcast, and Aaron with CraftyMech.com.

#25 4 years ago

We will be @ Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown!

250x100a_1424502159__79102 (1).jpg

#26 4 years ago

Look Forward to Seeing you all! We are bringing 2 26' trucks of games. Heres my Prelem List. Might change it up a bit and add some of the more rare games light Hollywood heat, spring break, and Genesis but will see!

St Prem
Met Pro
Mustang Pro
WWE LE
Kiss Pro
Kiss Pro
Whoa Nelly
Indian Jones
Ultra Pin
Nascar
Playboy
Hardbodies
Pirates of the Carabian
Xmen Pro
Tron Pro

2x Cali Speeds
Joust
Battle Zone
Big Buck World
Smash TV
Buster Bros
Blastroids
Golden Tee Complete
Tetris
Golden Tee Live Home
Pacman Party Cab
Arcade Ledgends 3
Air Hockey

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Might change it up a bit and add some of the more rare games light Hollywood Heat, Spring Break, and Genesis but will see!

Bring em JJ!!

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Thank You! Looking forward to Medusa and your EM's and thanks to everyone bringing from 1 game to I see some are bringing many! I wish I could, but logistically and for other reaons it's really difficult for me to do that currently. But maybe 2-3 years from now I can.

#29 4 years ago

Just finished repopulating medusa after a deep clean and 2 coats of carnauba. Just fine tuning all the playfield switches now....

image.jpg
#30 4 years ago

She is a sweet looking game!

#31 4 years ago

Looking at doing a pinside meet and greet. Does everyone perfer friday night, sat at lunch or Sat night?

Also trying to decide in venue. Only place i can think of near the new hotel is the RIO. Any suggestions, as per my normal I will be buying the first round! I will open another thread on this after i get a slight bit of feedback in this thread

JJ

#32 4 years ago

Deal with confidence, JJ delivered beer exactly as described in Texas!

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from 5280wzrd:

Just finished repopulating medusa after a deep clean and 2 coats of carnauba. Just fine tuning all the playfield switches now....

image.jpg

I've made a list of stuff to do on my bringer before it comes out of the basement, too. Just hoping I don't forget something and leave it 400 miles away at home. Killer Medusa, I've never played one and I'm looking forward to it.

#34 4 years ago

If you do let me know im back and forth past my shop atleast every night amd can try smd pick up what you need.

#35 4 years ago

Just Checking in, Do people want a Meet and Greet party this year?

#36 4 years ago

I'm in depending on the night and the time. For me I think Friday night would work better.

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

Friday night would work for me... sometime between 8:00-10:00

#38 4 years ago

See y'all there. Hit me up for the after-show party in the hotel room. Bringing at least one game there!

#39 4 years ago

For a meet up party, Friday is going to work better. Saturday has Spooky Pinball doing his reveal and I imagine people are going to want to see that and hang around for a bit. It's also the end of qualifying for some of the tournaments.

Don and I will be recording The Pinball Podcast live at 4:00pm on Saturday. Feel free to wander in and say hi. We've got 1 hour and have super sweet crap to give away.

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I'm in, Friday night sounds good to me. If you don't want to do Rio, Fox & Hound Tavern is next to Rio, they had Star Trek last time I was there. Food is good, full bar!

#41 4 years ago

I would love to. Friday night has the quick draw tourney from 7:00 - 10:00 though. Let me know the time and place.

#42 4 years ago

Would 6 pm friday work or is that to early for most?

#43 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I might be able to make this! Nice...

#44 4 years ago

Ride the Rockies is the week of the Showdown: bad timing. Pinballs or cycling? In June, RTR wins. I liked April. What is a little snow?

#45 4 years ago

6:00 Friday sounds great to me.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Caucasian2Step:

See y'all there. Hit me up for the after-show party in the hotel room. Bringing at least one game there!

If you have room, I can bring my WWE up for folks too.

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

If I can make it, MEZELmods will throw in a $100.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

6 Sounds good to me! Pumped to see that POTC whats your price on it? and thanks for brining the new KISS!!!!

#49 4 years ago

Meet and Greet Posted! Also Pinside Name Badges and Lanyards Info. (I Almost Forgot these at my home show!!)
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rocky-mtn-pinball-showdown-pinside-meet-and-greet-612-6pm#post-2507344

Hey guys! 2015 Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown meet and greet hosted by Game Exchange Of Colorado will be at The Rio Grand Mexican Restaurant. 9535 Park Meadows Dr, Lone Tree, CO 80124. This is just about 2 min down the road from the Marriott. His Killer Margaritas.. Seriously killer, SUPER SUPER STRONG. Game Exchange will be buying the first round so please order your drink on my tab!

6PM 6/12 FRIDAY!!!

ALSO!!! if you want a Pinside Name Badge and Lanyard Please PM ME!! I will try and get these printed up tonight and cut. Cut off for these is 8am 6/12 for the badges!

JJ

PS If anyone needs my cell to find me over the weekend its 303-931-3685

#50 4 years ago

here are some early photos from thursday

unnamed (9).jpg unnamed (8).jpg unnamed (7).jpg unnamed (6).jpg unnamed (4).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
ULEKstore
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 89.99
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
Project Pinball Charity
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside