(Topic ID: 116656)

2015 Pinball at the Zoo Poster Pre-Order

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

patz.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-151.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Proof_Revise_2a.jpg
    Revise_2.png
    Revise_3.png
    Proof_Revise_2.jpg
    Revise_1.png
    2015PatZPosterMock-31.jpg
    2015PatZ-183.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi Pinsiders,

I've been asked by a few people if we'll be turning the 2015 Pinball at the Zoo T-shirt design (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-pinball-at-the-zoo-t-shirt-pre-order) into a poster, as we did last year (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster).

I really hope so!

In case you haven't seen it, here's the 2015 Pinball at the Zoo event artwork:

2015PatZ-183.jpg2015PatZ-183.jpg

Here's what we're prepared to offer. This poster will be big, archival, high-quality, and gorgeous...just like last year's limited-edition print. This 5-color silk-screened poster will be limited to 100 total copies. It'll be printed on high-quality 100# French paper, suitable for framing, and will be 18"x20" when complete. I am prepared to personally sign and number this limited-edition run, NEVER TO BE PRINTED AGAIN. Price is $25 (+$15 shipping in the United States or +$25 shipping outside the United States). There's also an option to purchase the poster without shipping if you'll be attending Pinball at the Zoo and would like to pick it up at the show. Here's what it will look like:

2015PatZPosterMock-31.jpg2015PatZPosterMock-31.jpg

Before we go to press with these, we'll need 30 pre-orders before it makes sense for us to print. I've created a page on my website with a purchase button where you can pre-order (first come first serve on specific numbers, but please make a note of your desired number in the "instructions to seller" box when ordering):

http://www.elephanteater.com/10641

We're going to leave the pre-order window open for a month. If we have 30 pre-orders by February 28th, 2015, then we'll go ahead and print. If we don't receive the required number of pre-orders, I'll refund everyone's pre-order money.

I'd really like to see these printed. I think they'll look great next to last year's print (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster). Let's make this happen!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

-----------------------------
    -----------------------------

UPDATE #1 (01.27.15 - Evening):

All-Star List - 4/30 pre-orders
    -----------------
    1. Kosmo
    2. Yancy
    3. bostedskex
    4. J_M_
    5. Tsskinne
    6. lockdoc
    7. gum
    8. StraX22
    9. SideTrackTap
    10. fiberdude120
    11. callmesteam
    12. greg
    13. Insane
    14. Shannyman
    15. BloodyCactus
    16. DJBlouw
    17. Labnip

Limited-Edition #'s Reserved:
    ------------------

#3 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Can I get #1 again, lol.

If you hurry-up and place your pre-order! You'd be the first and have first crack at your desired number.

Good luck, catboxer!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from catboxer:

Ok, I will send payment today. Can we get shipping tubes this year at The Zoo? I picked mine up last year and it was tough getting it home without crushing it.

Hm. Not a bad suggestion. I just added an option to the PayPal button that allows you to select no shipping +tube for $5 more ($30 total). I'll also wrap the poster in kraft paper (just like I do when shipping) so the poster doesn't get damaged if the tube gets jostled around. Hope this helps, and thanks for the feedback, catboxer.

Quoted from kosmo:

Payment sent ! Number doesn't matter !

Come on guys & gals, place your order quick !

No number request and calls to action. Dream customer! Thanks, Cosmo!

Quoted from yancy:

In like Kevin Flynn.

Always nice to have repeat customers. Thanks for comin' back for more, Yancy! ...if this pre-order goes well, brace yourself for another auction.

Quoted from Euchrid:

Id love to buy one, but don't wanna pay $15 shipping on a $25 item.

It's worth it.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

your website is having issues right now (it won't let me 'add to cart')

please put me down for no. 13 and I'll try and make payment later this evening from home

Quoted from j_m_:

ps
    your site is still borked and will not accept payments

I just un-boofed the button on my website. All should be right in the world now.

Quoted from j_m_:

payment sent directly to your paypal account for no. 13

Got it! #13 is reserved for YOU! Thanks for letting me know, j_m_!

Quoted from Dayhuff:

This should make for another interesting auction again this year...LOL.

I do what I can. ...here's hoping I get to be there for it this year.

Quoted from boostedskex:

Payment sent for #26.

Bewm! Received. Thanks, Alex.

Quoted from yancy:

Note to self: bring a tube! Gotta get some use out of all the poster tubes I'm hoarding.

Note to Yancy: Disassemble marble maze prior to P.a.t.Z.

Quoted from Insane:

I'll place my order this weekend, i don't care about number...Can't wait. I will put it with last years...

#16 9 years ago

UPDATE #1 (01.27.15 - Evening):

Just a heads-up, I started a running tally of our "ALL-STARS" (our pre-orderers...without 30 of you, there will be no poster), which you can find at the bottom of the first post on this thread. I'll keep this running list updated for easy reference, for those interested in how we're doing on numbers.

Speaking of numbers, I also started a list of claimed limited-edition #'s, in case you're wondering if a particular digit is available or not. Here's what the update looks like, but feel free to just take a peek at the first post at anytime. I'll keep it updated as frequently as possible.

All-Star List - 4/30 pre-orders
    -----------------
    1. Kosmo
    2. Yancy
    3. bostedskex
    4. J_M_

Limited-Edition #'s Reserved:
    ------------------

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Tsskinne:

Ryan just ordered, didn't see a spot for #19 on my paypal but if possible if like to take that number. If not no big deal. Thanks. Look forward to seeing it at the show.

Got your payment, Tsskinne, and I've reserved #19 for ya. Also...you've been added to the ALL-STAR list! (See above)

Quoted from catboxer:

Was about to put mine in, Kosmo got it? Oh well...

...uh...

Quoted from kosmo:

Payment sent ! Number doesn't matter !

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from kosmo:

You can have number one, that's not a problem for me

Awesome!

#22 9 years ago

UPDATE (01.28.15):

Just a quick bump. Wanted to let everyone know, we received a few more orders overnight and we're now up to 8 of the 30 orders needed to make this print-run. Roughly 25% in one day. Not too shabby!

The list of ALL-STARS has been updated in the initial post, as have the reserved numbers.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Has anyone posted this on KLOV? If not, do you mind if I do?

THAAAT would be incredible. Thanks, Insane. I've tried a number of times to get a log-in on KLOV, but I was never able to get a response. I've even had ppl with existing log-ins write in a character reference for me, so I'm not sure how to break through the KLOV barrier. Ha-ha! ...but, yah, if you don't mind, I'm happy to have you copy and paste this info elsewhere. Muchas gracias!

Quoted from epthegeek:

Raaaargh! The preorder model is dead! jpop! skitb!

You're so right. THREAD-LOCK!!!

Quoted from epthegeek:

Wait, I mean, awesome looking design once again Ryan.

Thanks, Eric! Much appreciated.

Quoted from epthegeek:

Whose idea was it to go with essentially the same layout as the Robots from last year but just change the style?

Kevin (PatZ Overlord) basically gives me complete creative control on the Pinball at the Zoo designs (both the robots and the vikings...so far). So, like it or hate it, that's me. I made the choice to keep the underlying structure the same so that when people saw it, they would know immediately that it was a piece of P.a.t.Z. promotional artwork. It was my attempt to add a bit of consistency to the illustrated branding of the show. At least, that was my thought process behind it.

Does it run the risk of being repetitive? Sure. But it was a calculated risk I was willing to take. My final thought was that with the complete change in color scheme, character design, machine design, and signage, it was different enough to be interesting, yet similar enough to establish some consistent branding. My hope is that the similar structure will become more apparent when the 2016 artwork is released and you have three of them sitting next to one another side-by-side. I feel like that will be the point where they can really be seen as a cohesive whole. ...but way to spot the pattern!

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Order placed. Thanks Ryan!
    Chris

Got it, and sent you a confirmation email. Thank YOU for the pre-order, Chris!

That makes 9. (ALL-STAR list updated)

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Hi Ryan, just sent payment hopefully for print #14 if still available.

#14 is YOURS, Fiberdude! Thanks for the pre-order.

10/30, now! 1/3 of the way to our goal!

Quoted from tomdotcom:

What is verily?

Ha-ha! Verily is an antiquated affirmative exclamation. It's like an old-timey way of saying, "Aw yeah!" I believe, "truly," is the actual definition. You hear it a lot in period pieces with knights or vikings and the like. ...if you're into that sort of thing.

Quoted from tomdotcom:

Awesome artwork btw

Verily, I thank thee.

#31 9 years ago

A stealth pinsider swooped-in to contribute another pre-order. That makes 11.

Verily,
    Ryan

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Ryan, i just posted on KLOV. i know you can sign up and pay the $2.00 fee and get immediate access. Or you can sign up and have someone vouch for you. My name is the same there and i would.

Thanks for posting this on KLOV, and for the offer of a recommendation. I'd be happy to pay the $2 to get onto that site, but...man, I just couldn't get a response from anyone. It didn't make me feel very confident about sending money to anyone there. I'll send you a PM here in a sec.

In the meantime, I think your KLOV post may have worked. Got another order! That's a dozen!

Thanks, Insane.
    -Ryan

#37 9 years ago
    Quoted from SideTrackTap:

Bumping for the Sat morn crowd and because it's an awesome poster.

Thanks for the bump, Chris, and for your supportive words. Much appreciated.

Quoted from Insane:

Ryan, just sent in my order...

Oh, yeah! Go, Insane!

Quoted from Shannyman:

Ryan, I just sent in my order for poster.

Super. Many thanks, Shannyman.

Quoted from Shannyman:

I also ordered T shirts.

I'll PM you about this.

Summation: 14/30 pre-orders. Edging ever closer to that half-way point in just under a week. Not too shabby! (ALL-STAR list updated)

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#38 9 years ago

Bump for the night crowd.

#40 9 years ago
    Quoted from BloodyCactus:

I'm in, just paid

Hecks yes!

Hecks yes!

Quoted from BloodyCactus:

that would match my pinside poster #

I'm all for consistency.

Last but not least, we are half-way to our goal. 15/30! Our "ALL-STAR" and reserved numbers lists have been updated on the original post.

#41 9 years ago

Bump. Still a couple weeks left.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Hi
    I'm in.
    Any #
    Cheers

Thanks, Lab! (PM sent)

#44 9 years ago

2 weeks remain. Half-way there. Friday night bump.

#46 9 years ago
    Quoted from Insane:

Bump to the front...

Thanks, Insane.

#47 9 years ago

We've got about 4 more days until this pre-order comes to an end. I'm hoping we can bring in a few more orders by then to ensure this print will be made. I wouldn't mind if you all spread the word a little bit to help get this pre-order moving again. Ha-ha! Just sayin'.

Take care, guys!
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#51 9 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Payment sent. Yay!

Boo-yah. 16/30. Thanks, DJBlouw!

Also: Original post updated

#53 9 years ago

Oh, SNAP! Another one has been purchased! Thanks, Labnip.

17/30 sold and original post updated.

#54 9 years ago

Okay, so it's coming down the home stretch of the pre-order time and we're not exactly where we need to be. However, I really want to see these things produced, so here's what I'm prepared to do. If there's not too much push-back, I'll go ahead and print them.

My original goal was to make it to a break-even point through pre-orders for printing 100 posters. We are slightly more than half-way there. Perhaps 100 was too ambitious, but since we made our pre-order numbers in under a week last year, I thought I'd expand the LE quantity from 50 to 100. I'm finding out that Vikings aren't as hipster-chic as robots. Ha-ha!

So, I'm willing to foot the bill for the remaining unsold pre-orders. Because I exhibit my work at comic conventions throughout the year, I'm pretty confident I can move these posters given a little time and a few shows. However, I'd like to pull back the LE quantity from 100 to 50. I'm not prepared to pay for the unsold posters up to that amount, and no one (except for me) has reserved a number greater than 50, so we shouldn't upset anyone by taking away their desired number.

So, if I could get some feedback from the pre-order folks that you're alright with me moving ahead with printing a more limited run of your posters, I'll go ahead and do that. If there is some unforeseen push-back, we'll deal with it at that point, but I'm having a hard time imagining why any of the pre-order folks WOULDN'T want to see this move forward with a more limited numbering than proposed.

Finally, the order button is still live, so if anyone would still like to jump on the band wagon, I wouldn't mind. Here's the link:

Take care, guys, and I look forward to hearing your responses,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#64 9 years ago

Thanks for the support and the go-ahead, guys! I've placed the order for 50 prints. I'll be sure to keep you updated as the printing progresses.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#65 9 years ago

Hello Poster Pre-Orderers (and potential pre-orderers),

I finished a few rounds of halftone mock-ups with my printer today and just gave them the stamp of approval. These posters should be hitting the press soon-ish! In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the mocks with you all:

Proof_Revise_2a.jpgProof_Revise_2a.jpg

Revise_3.pngRevise_3.png

Revise_1.pngRevise_1.png

Revise_2.pngRevise_2.png

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with any additional info as it comes my way. Just wanted to say thanks to those who have sent their hard-earned cash my direction. ...and for anyone interested in picking up a poster, they are still available for purchase here:

Thanks, again, and have a good one, guys!

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

1 week later
    #67 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you a quick update. My printer notified me that the posters have been printed and are ready for pick-up. I'll likely grab 'em sometime this week (trying to find some time). Once I do I'll post some pics here and start packaging them for shipping.

Thanks for your support and I can't wait to get these to you!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#68 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

JUST picked up the posters and they look flawless. Wanted to keep you guys as updated as possible. Expect more updates here soon.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#69 9 years ago

Just gettin' started :

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#71 9 years ago
    Quoted from boostedskex:

Sweet! Frame and wall space ready for its arrival!

Oh...uhm...did I mention that this year's print is a different size than last year's?

#72 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh...uhm...did I mention that this year's print is a different size than last year's?

By the way, I am COMPLETELY JOKING!!! ...just wanted to give boostedskex a minor heart-attack.

#73 9 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

All joking aside, I logged-in to report that I shipped all mail-order posters today. Woo-hoo! Post Office tells me U.S. orders should arrive by Saturday and they have no clue when international orders will arrive, but 2 weeks was their reasonable guess. The rest of the orders will be available for pick-up at Pinball at the Zoo next month. I'll only be there on Saturday with my family (wife and 1.5-yr-old son, please stop us and say hello), but I'm currently figuring out a way to get them to the show before that time. As usual, I'll update here with more info.

In the meantime, thanks so much for your support of this project. As I was addressing all these tubes, it was pretty gratifying to see all the different states (6) and countries (3) where my art would eventually settle. You guys rock. Thanks for making this print possible through your pre-orders.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#79 9 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Got my poster today and it looks great. Thanks again for the nice work and for the sticker you thru in will go on my game room door window.

Quoted from labnip:

got mine today.
    super cool. everyone should get 1

Great news, guys! Those arrived even faster than expected. Thanks for the pre-order trust, and for the kind words.

Just a quick note, these posters are now PRINTED (which means you can now place ORDERS, not pre-orders...ha-ha!). Here's the purchase button for anyone interested:

Thanks, again, guys! Glad to hear they've been well-received.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#81 9 years ago

Thanks so much, Alex, and sorry about the heart-attack. I really appreciate the color-mixing comment. It's probably one of my favorite palettes so far.

#82 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'll only be there on Saturday with my family (wife and 1.5-yr-old son, please stop us and say hello), but I'm currently figuring out a way to get them to the show before that time. As usual, I'll update here with more info.

One of my buddy's is a vendor at the show and will be taking the posters with him that morning. So, if you've arranged to pick-up your poster at PatZ, they should be available at the registration table all days of the show. WOO-HOO!!!

3 weeks later
    #84 9 years ago

Just a quick update:
    With the 2015 Pinball at the Zoo show quickly approaching (www.pinballatthezoo.com), just thought I'd let people know that my framed original artwork with be up for auction on Saturday of the show:

patz.jpgpatz.jpg

LOTS more pictures and description available here:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10807

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon with my wife and 1.5-yr-old son. Please stop us and say hello! I'd love to meet some fellow pinsiders.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#85 9 years ago

Just a quick bump to let everyone know that these posters will be available for sale at PatZ this weekend. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Pinsiders!

-Ryan

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-pinball-at-the-zoo-poster-pre-order?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.