4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 85 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by RyanClaytor
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

patz.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-151.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    Proof_Revise_2a.jpg
    Revise_2.png
    Revise_3.png
    Proof_Revise_2.jpg
    Revise_1.png
    2015PatZPosterMock-31.jpg
    2015PatZ-183.jpg

There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 4 years ago
    Quoted from djblouw:

Payment sent. Yay!

Boo-yah. 16/30. Thanks, DJBlouw!

Also: Original post updated

#52 4 years ago

Poster looks sweet....great work as always...

Get those last 14!

#53 4 years ago

Oh, SNAP! Another one has been purchased! Thanks, Labnip.

17/30 sold and original post updated.

#54 4 years ago

Okay, so it's coming down the home stretch of the pre-order time and we're not exactly where we need to be. However, I really want to see these things produced, so here's what I'm prepared to do. If there's not too much push-back, I'll go ahead and print them.

My original goal was to make it to a break-even point through pre-orders for printing 100 posters. We are slightly more than half-way there. Perhaps 100 was too ambitious, but since we made our pre-order numbers in under a week last year, I thought I'd expand the LE quantity from 50 to 100. I'm finding out that Vikings aren't as hipster-chic as robots. Ha-ha!

So, I'm willing to foot the bill for the remaining unsold pre-orders. Because I exhibit my work at comic conventions throughout the year, I'm pretty confident I can move these posters given a little time and a few shows. However, I'd like to pull back the LE quantity from 100 to 50. I'm not prepared to pay for the unsold posters up to that amount, and no one (except for me) has reserved a number greater than 50, so we shouldn't upset anyone by taking away their desired number.

So, if I could get some feedback from the pre-order folks that you're alright with me moving ahead with printing a more limited run of your posters, I'll go ahead and do that. If there is some unforeseen push-back, we'll deal with it at that point, but I'm having a hard time imagining why any of the pre-order folks WOULDN'T want to see this move forward with a more limited numbering than proposed.

Finally, the order button is still live, so if anyone would still like to jump on the band wagon, I wouldn't mind. Here's the link:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10641

Take care, guys, and I look forward to hearing your responses,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#55 4 years ago

go for it

#56 4 years ago

I'm in next week. I'd like to see these printed as well, it's a fun spring tradition

#57 4 years ago

Works for me...

#58 4 years ago

Already paid so I have no problem with it.

#59 4 years ago

Do it.

#61 4 years ago

TTT... This is a great addition to your game room walls. Place an order guys!

#62 4 years ago

Party on Wayne...

#63 4 years ago

...party on garth

#64 4 years ago

Thanks for the support and the go-ahead, guys! I've placed the order for 50 prints. I'll be sure to keep you updated as the printing progresses.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#65 4 years ago

Hello Poster Pre-Orderers (and potential pre-orderers),

I finished a few rounds of halftone mock-ups with my printer today and just gave them the stamp of approval. These posters should be hitting the press soon-ish! In the meantime, I wanted to share some of the mocks with you all:

Proof_Revise_2a.jpg

Revise_3.png

Revise_1.png

Revise_2.png

I'll be sure to keep this thread updated with any additional info as it comes my way. Just wanted to say thanks to those who have sent their hard-earned cash my direction. ...and for anyone interested in picking up a poster, they are still available for purchase here:

Thanks, again, and have a good one, guys!

Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#66 4 years ago

Look amazing

1 week later
    #67 4 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to give you a quick update. My printer notified me that the posters have been printed and are ready for pick-up. I'll likely grab 'em sometime this week (trying to find some time). Once I do I'll post some pics here and start packaging them for shipping.

Thanks for your support and I can't wait to get these to you!

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    http://www.ElephantEater.com

#68 4 years ago

image.jpg

JUST picked up the posters and they look flawless. Wanted to keep you guys as updated as possible. Expect more updates here soon.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#69 4 years ago

Just gettin' started :

image.jpgimage.jpg

#70 4 years ago

Sweet! Frame and wall space ready for its arrival! Going beside last years print.

#71 4 years ago
    Quoted from boostedskex:

Sweet! Frame and wall space ready for its arrival!

Oh...uhm...did I mention that this year's print is a different size than last year's?

#72 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Oh...uhm...did I mention that this year's print is a different size than last year's?

By the way, I am COMPLETELY JOKING!!! ...just wanted to give boostedskex a minor heart-attack.

#73 4 years ago

image.jpg

All joking aside, I logged-in to report that I shipped all mail-order posters today. Woo-hoo! Post Office tells me U.S. orders should arrive by Saturday and they have no clue when international orders will arrive, but 2 weeks was their reasonable guess. The rest of the orders will be available for pick-up at Pinball at the Zoo next month. I'll only be there on Saturday with my family (wife and 1.5-yr-old son, please stop us and say hello), but I'm currently figuring out a way to get them to the show before that time. As usual, I'll update here with more info.

In the meantime, thanks so much for your support of this project. As I was addressing all these tubes, it was pretty gratifying to see all the different states (6) and countries (3) where my art would eventually settle. You guys rock. Thanks for making this print possible through your pre-orders.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#74 4 years ago

sweet! Ill have to keep an eye out, before the wife keeps an eye out

#75 4 years ago

Can't wait to get it at the show thanks Ryan.

#76 4 years ago

Yeah

#77 4 years ago

Got my poster today and it looks great. Thanks again for the nice work and for the sticker you thru in will go on my game room door window.

#78 4 years ago

got mine today.
    super cool. everyone should get 1

#79 4 years ago
    Quoted from fiberdude120:

Got my poster today and it looks great. Thanks again for the nice work and for the sticker you thru in will go on my game room door window.

Quoted from labnip:

got mine today.
    super cool. everyone should get 1

Great news, guys! Those arrived even faster than expected. Thanks for the pre-order trust, and for the kind words.

Just a quick note, these posters are now PRINTED (which means you can now place ORDERS, not pre-orders...ha-ha!). Here's the purchase button for anyone interested:

Thanks, again, guys! Glad to hear they've been well-received.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#80 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

By the way, I am COMPLETELY JOKING!!! ...just wanted to give boostedskex a minor heart-attack.

Hahahah. It worked!! Just received my print today. looks fantastic. The dots in each color give this such a cool look!

Thanks,
    Alex

#81 4 years ago

Thanks so much, Alex, and sorry about the heart-attack. I really appreciate the color-mixing comment. It's probably one of my favorite palettes so far.

#82 4 years ago
    Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'll only be there on Saturday with my family (wife and 1.5-yr-old son, please stop us and say hello), but I'm currently figuring out a way to get them to the show before that time. As usual, I'll update here with more info.

One of my buddy's is a vendor at the show and will be taking the posters with him that morning. So, if you've arranged to pick-up your poster at PatZ, they should be available at the registration table all days of the show. WOO-HOO!!!

#83 4 years ago

I think... a poster showed up today! i recognise that address label where its from! (have not opened it yet. busy busy busy) Thanks Ryan!

3 weeks later
    #84 4 years ago

Just a quick update:
    With the 2015 Pinball at the Zoo show quickly approaching (www.pinballatthezoo.com), just thought I'd let people know that my framed original artwork with be up for auction on Saturday of the show:

patz.jpg

LOTS more pictures and description available here:

http://www.elephanteater.com/10807

I'll be there on Saturday afternoon with my wife and 1.5-yr-old son. Please stop us and say hello! I'd love to meet some fellow pinsiders.

Sincerely,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics

#85 4 years ago

Just a quick bump to let everyone know that these posters will be available for sale at PatZ this weekend. Looking forward to meeting some fellow Pinsiders!

-Ryan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 20.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 29.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 22.50
    $ 85.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 221.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 52.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.99
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 299.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 123.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    3D MODS
    There are 85 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside