Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-12.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-13.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-8.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-11.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-3.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-4.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-5.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-7.jpg
    IMG_5702.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5700.jpg
    2015-HAPE-TEAMS-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-1FLIP.jpg
    2015-HAPE-PINGOLF-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-MODERN-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-SOLIDSTATE-2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-is-great.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#99 8 years ago

If I can get off work for Fri Nov 13, then I'll sign up to bring a pinball machine.
    I brought a Gottlieb Sys 1 each of the past two years.
    Would like to bring a Bally Twin Win e-m if things work out schedule-wise.
    If not, I'll hope to arrive Sat morning and o-d on pinball all day Sat day & Sat nite.

#101 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Looks like I will be supplying the GoT pro for the tourney. I am really looking forward to the show. (And taking GoT home)

Jodester,

The delivery wagon with your new GoT pinball machine in the back was spotted earlier today on its way heading down from Chicago to Houston. You might want to re-seat the connectors when you get it and see how many parts fall off down into the bottom of the cabinet during transport.

wagontrain-pinball-transport.jpgwagontrain-pinball-transport.jpg

2 weeks later
    #238 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall bought me a shirt that says "TigerLaw", I'll be wearing that one on Friday most likely.

Oh boy, this ought to liven up the greetings and discussion (read as ribbing).

I ran across these shirts somewhere online and thought about getting them for you TigerLaw. Ha!

See you Fri late morning or whenever.

lawyer-handle_it-tshirt.jpglawyer-handle_it-tshirt.jpg
    lawyers-feelings-tshirt.jpglawyers-feelings-tshirt.jpg

#242 8 years ago

Thanks Maniac,

I'll send a PM to Mk1 w/ contact info.

#295 8 years ago

Classic ss tournament play-offs underway now.

#315 8 years ago

Pinball tournament organizer -or- pinball tuff guy? IMAG0490.jpgIMAG0490.jpg

#323 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Probably just an adjustment.

Note that Mr Bally did not say "probably just a fuse."

Nice to meet you Mr Bally on Fri early afternoon when you were checking out my Twin Win.
    Thanks for stopping by the Expo and showing support even if you could only stay for a few hrs.

We had "a lot" of fun Sat night.

#324 8 years ago

Big thank you to Hou Arcade Pinball Expo organizers and to volunteers, both in tournament area and in free play area.
    Much enjoyed the weekend playing pinball and hanging out with friends and meeting some new people.

#356 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Pinball-is-great, sorry that Tim and I were not able to locate a replacement coil for your Twin Win. Can't believe that flipper coil melted so bad that it could not be removed at the show.

Definitely no need to apologize. Heck I was happy to get some help to at least try to get her back playable.
    We gave it an honest effort, checked with all possible people we could think of for a replacement flipper coil, looked through a couple boxes of coils but no match found, etc.

If one of the upper flippers had gone out, I would have just removed power going to the coil & disabled it, so at least people could continue to play it somewhat. But it was the lower right flipper that burned up.
    Small price to play for bringing an old 1974 pinball machine for people to see and play.
    Played fine Fri afternoon, Fri night, & all/most of Sat morning.

Sometime early Sat afternoon I went to check on it, and noticed one of the flippers wasn't working.
    Then when I caught a wiff of the dreaded "burnt smell", and I knew that wasn't good.

Besides the decent artwork on the backglass, a couple other features on Bally Twin Win are:
    *a spinning disc in upper playfield,
    *a ball launch pushbutton, which launches the ball from between the flippers straight up to upper playfield
    *score reels for points, and for laps - for each player (2-player game)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball-is-great.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-houston-arcade-pinball-expo?tu=pinball-is-great and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.