Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-12.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-13.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-8.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-11.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-3.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-4.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-5.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-7.jpg
    IMG_5702.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5700.jpg
    2015-HAPE-TEAMS-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-1FLIP.jpg
    2015-HAPE-PINGOLF-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-MODERN-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-SOLIDSTATE-2.jpg

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.
    #301 8 years ago

Old schoolin...

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#302 8 years ago

Check out centipede

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#303 8 years ago

Those tiny little arcade games thst have the LCDs and modern emulators retro-fitted into them are a trip. I'd love to buy one of those. My son has my Pac-Man from when I was a kid, and I can't bring myself to take a dremel to it while it's still working.

#304 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

Check out centipede
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That would be a Horizontal Hold issue. Probably just an adjustment.

#306 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mocean:

Those tiny little arcade games thst have the LCDs and modern emulators retro-fitted into them are a trip. I'd love to buy one of those. My son has my Pac-Man from when I was a kid, and I can't bring myself to take a dremel to it while it's still working.

Was someone selling them or just for display?

#307 8 years ago

For display, but I wrote the email address down somewhere of the guy who made them.

#308 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#309 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#310 8 years ago

Thanks for sharing labnip! Looks like a great time.

#311 8 years ago

Just finished up with the party in the tournament area. Great time. Love HAAG. Going to book the room for next year ASAP.

#312 8 years ago

Four rather intoxicated Pinsiders at HAAG:

image.jpgimage.jpg

#313 8 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Just finished up with the party in the tournament area. Great time. Love HAAG. Going to book the room for next year ASAP.

I'm reading this at 8:00 am and it says it was posted 4 hours ago. I left that very room around 11:00 PM just after Tiger and Pav pulled out 3 large bottles of Tequilla and Marcus called out on the PA "Free Tequliia shots". I'll bet the finals were awesome.

#314 8 years ago

For those that just want to see pictures. Here's a quick rundown of fun kids stuff.

Consoles, cosplay, tournaments, and balloon animals. That's whiplash in the last one.

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

image_4.jpgimage_4.jpg

image_5.jpgimage_5.jpg

#315 8 years ago

Pinball tournament organizer -or- pinball tuff guy? IMAG0490.jpgIMAG0490.jpg

#316 8 years ago

Looks like a great show congrats to all who helped put this together!

#317 8 years ago

Want

The triangle pyramid of score goals on the lower playfield is like the one on Qbert's Quest
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#318 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#319 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#320 8 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Y'all played my game yet? Fast and shiny. Just needs a repaint...
    image.jpg

One of only 2 em's that played well. The rest I saw were off or had issues. Nice game.

#321 8 years ago

image_6.jpgimage_6.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_5.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_4.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_3.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_2.jpgimage_1.jpgimage_1.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#322 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#323 8 years ago
    Quoted from MrBally:

Probably just an adjustment.

Note that Mr Bally did not say "probably just a fuse."

Nice to meet you Mr Bally on Fri early afternoon when you were checking out my Twin Win.
    Thanks for stopping by the Expo and showing support even if you could only stay for a few hrs.

We had "a lot" of fun Sat night.

#324 8 years ago

Big thank you to Hou Arcade Pinball Expo organizers and to volunteers, both in tournament area and in free play area.
    Much enjoyed the weekend playing pinball and hanging out with friends and meeting some new people.

#325 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm reading this at 8:00 am and it says it was posted 4 hours ago. I left that very room around 11:00 PM just after Tiger and Pav pulled out 3 large bottles of Tequilla and Marcus called out on the PA "Free Tequliia shots". I'll bet the finals were awesome.

Yep! We are nursing some sweet hang overs right now! Just woke up and now it's time to pack up and head to the airport.

Good catching up with you Nevus! Looking forward to TPF!

#326 8 years ago

WooooHooo!!!! I had a TON of fun. Thanks to the expo organizers and everyone who helped make it such a fun weekend. Yeah, I had tequila shots shots. ....from what I remember. Good times, and was great to meet folks.

#327 8 years ago

So, when is next year's show anyway? I'll book the room on my way out right now.

#328 8 years ago

Had a total blast & probably gained 10 lbs

Going to have to sneak this in casa after ol lady goes to sleep. I totally blame you know who for forcing me to buy this

image.jpgimage.jpg

#329 8 years ago

A few pics from the VIP Party in Ed_in_Texas suite Saturday night

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#330 8 years ago

Some fun with my boys. Andrew takes 1st Place in the Pinball Tournament kids division

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

image_3.jpegimage_3.jpeg

image_4.jpegimage_4.jpeg

#331 8 years ago

what. just. happened?

#332 8 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

WooooHooo!!!! I had a TON of fun. Thanks to the expo organizers and everyone who helped make it such a fun weekend. Yeah, I had tequila shots shots. ....from what I remember. Good times, and was great to meet folks.

Yes you did have tequila shots I am only saying to confirm. I do hope your Mrs. recovered too. I poured her extra large shot. I also hope you found your wallet.

#333 8 years ago

The Shadow was popular! To be fair, about forty of these are mine because I reset it a couple days before expo and I had to put a few test games on it during the show. image.jpegimage.jpeg

#334 8 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Nevus thank you for checking out my wrist, it is much better today. I loved your boys, they are amazing! Hope you had good and safe drive back.

#335 8 years ago

Nice to see Jim Schelberg made it to the show. Too bad I didn't get to see him in Houston. Especially after the article he ran in the recent PGJ. Mike came in yesterday's mail. However, I received an early copy at Expo in Chicago last month.

#336 8 years ago

Another fantastic show in the books! What a great weekend! I had a great time meeting a lot of you fellow Pinsiders and appreciated you taking the time to chat! I also really enjoyed meeting some of the Dallas, Beaumont, & Louisiana folks!

I can't thank the organizers and volunteers enough for all of their hard work putting this show on! It is such a fun atmosphere and a highlight of the year! Between this show and TPF, we're really lucky to have such awesome shows here in Texas!

I also want to second what TigerLaw said about the P3 platform - it was one of the most fun, exciting, and innovative games I played all weekend! I had not played it since a year ago at this same show and I felt like Gerry and his team have made some excellent adjustments/additions since then. Lots of great potential for that platform!

#337 8 years ago

Aside from the Game of Thrones pin, I played a ton more arcades this year than pins

Also enjoyed playing the new custom Atari 2600 games, a lot.

The little mini-putt-putt pitch/bat game didn't show up this year. That thing's an addicting blast.

#338 8 years ago

Thanks Captive_Ball for helping me and PinballManiac40 move 13 machines. Enjoyed meeting everyone, including the person that told me my AC/DC seems to be down for repairs all the time while I was working on it at 11:30 p.m. Saturday. It is much more aggressive than your average game and tends to pitch leds from the lightning bolts even though I have heat shrink, electrical taped, tape on inside, etc. A plastic actually broke near the spinner and left the light dangling so I set about fixing the issue. I do my best to keep our games playing and looking in tip top shape for others to play throughout the day and night, whereas I could have just turned it off and fix it when I get home. Aside from that, we had a great time and enjoyed talking pinball with everybody!

#339 8 years ago

Another thanks for those that helped make the show great. My boys and I had a blast and it was nice to meet a few more people in the hobby.

I was surprised that I did not like GoT. Not sure what all the hype was but it didn't do anything for me at all. Kiss was also a disappointment but I think it was not working 100%. I did start to like MET a lot more. Fun pin. Kept coming back to that one. Other favs were the TZ and TS. Both games were working great and loved playing them.

#340 8 years ago
    Quoted from jawjaw:

Another thanks for those that helped make the show great. My boys and I had a blast and it was nice to meet a few more people in the hobby.
    I was surprised that I did not like GoT. Not sure what all the hype was but it didn't do anything for me at all. Kiss was also a disappointment but I think it was not working 100%. I did start to like MET a lot more. Fun pin. Kept coming back to that one. Other favs were the TZ and TS. Both games were working great and loved playing them.

I didn't touch GoT or Kiss at the show since I played them at the recent Chicago Expo. I concentrated on games I haven.t played ever or in awhile. As an example: Twin Win. $10,000.00 by Xmas!

#341 8 years ago

Huge thanks to fish1975tx and Captive_Ball for helping me get my games to and from the Expo again for the 2nd year. I really like taking games up there to share.

fish1975tx, More thanks for keeping your machines going and helping me out with other games throughout the show. Thank to your wife as well helping out too!

jwo825, thank you for your help this morning packing up!! Thank you for brining the Shadow.

#342 8 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

what. just. happened?

It was long party!! Wish it didn't end so fast.

#343 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Huge thanks to fish1975tx and Captive_Ball for helping me get my games to and from the Expo again for the 2nd year. I really like taking games up there to share.
    fish1975tx, More thanks for keeping your machines going and helping me out with other games throughout the show. Thank to your wife as well helping out too!
    jwo825, thank you for your help this morning packing up!! Thank you for brining The Shadow.

No problem. I enjoyed helping and enjoyed bringing games out for the event. The turnout was great and made the tremendous task of loading all those games in and out worth it. My back is going to need a vacation, though!

#344 8 years ago
    Quoted from fish1975tx:

I do my best to keep our games playing and looking in tip top shape for others to play throughout the day and night

A good reason that you won "best modern pin" Come on show off some pictures of it from the show.

#345 8 years ago

jwo825, thank you for your help this morning packing up!! Thank you for brining The Shadow.

Anytime! Let me know if you need help setting the games back up!

#346 8 years ago

I have one picture of fish1975tx's AC/DC.ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

I can't recall seeing such a modded game before.

#347 8 years ago

I have one picture of fish1975tx's AC/DC.ACDC.jpg
    I can't recall seeing such a modded game before.

That was my favorite game to play and look at, with IJ a close second and GOT a distant third. I just wish I could have heard the audio on some of them.

#348 8 years ago

I spotted a Cylon playing SI pin.Cylon.pngCylon.png

#349 8 years ago

Wish I was there in H-Town with you guys this weekend! Looks like it was a blast

I built that fix it Felix jr Arcade from scratch, I'll have another surprise for sale at TPF!

#350 8 years ago

Pinball-is-great, sorry that Tim and I were not able to locate a replacement coil for your Twin Win. Can't believe that flipper coil melted so bad that it could not be removed at the show.

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-houston-arcade-pinball-expo/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.