Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 413 posts
  • 59 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by madmatt1
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-12.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-13.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-8.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-11.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-3.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-4.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-5.jpg
    houston_arcade_expo_2015_imotoarcade_smallweb-7.jpg
    IMG_5702.jpg
    IMG_5703.jpg
    IMG_5700.jpg
    2015-HAPE-TEAMS-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-1FLIP.jpg
    2015-HAPE-PINGOLF-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-MODERN-2.jpg
    2015-HAPE-SOLIDSTATE-2.jpg
    There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.
    #1 8 years ago

Nov 13-14 2015

http://www.arcadecenter.com/default.asp

I looked for a thread on this but haven't seen it. Just booked today. Brining my boys. Woot! I had a great time in 2012 and 2013. I missed 2014.

Whos going?

#2 8 years ago

I'm probably not... I should, I need to chase the WPPRs to see if I can get into IFPA world next year, but honestly...I'm finding a real lack of motivation with pinball right now. :\

#3 8 years ago

Always a great time. Will be there again this year!

#4 8 years ago

Went for the first time last year with the kids. We had a blast except my daughter. She's not into the games like my boys and I. How can you not have fun in a place full of pins, arcades, and video games? Oh well, we are doing it again this year. This time, I'm going to try to go the whole weekend.

#5 8 years ago

there

#6 8 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I'm probably not... I should, I need to chase the WPPRs to see if I can get into IFPA world next year, but honestly...I'm finding a real lack of motivation with pinball right now. :\

Did winning the KISS launch help?

#7 8 years ago

I missed TPF this year so hopefully I can make it to the Houston show.

#8 8 years ago

I hope to be there. Last year I had to cancel due to a work emergency; shouldn't be unlucky enough to have that happen twice.

I enjoyed 2013, the music is a bit loud...but is what it is. Perhaps I can bring a game this year.

#9 8 years ago

We'll save ya some fun
    Hope you make it this year.

#10 8 years ago

We'll be there. Had a great time last year. Bringing 3 pins. SI, EBD and The Acrylic Pinball Project.

#11 8 years ago

Ill be there. Il bring beer
    Maybe a pin too!

--Jeff

#12 8 years ago

I went for the first time last year as well and had a fantastic time! I will absolutely be there again this year! So much fun!

The organizers did a great job!

#13 8 years ago

There too.
    Always a blast.
    I'll bring a pin too. No idea at this time what it will be yet.

#14 8 years ago

Will be going. Might take a pin this year....

#15 8 years ago

Just got clearance from 'The Boss', i'll be there!

#16 8 years ago

I'll be there for sure. Probably be bringing my Sharkey's Shootout again. Picked up a sweet AC/DC premium last year but I'm pretty much out of space for any new games...

#17 8 years ago

I'm going for sure this year!

#18 8 years ago

There for sure

#19 8 years ago

Just signed up to bring AFM and TAF! Hotel booked!

#20 8 years ago

I'm still on the fence about going and if it would be worth the effort. How does this show compare to the Texas Pinball festival?

#22 8 years ago

I'll make it again this year. Verdict is still out on how many pins I'll bring.

#23 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brandon:

I'm still on the fence about going and if it would be worth the effort. How does this show compare to the Texas Pinball festival?

Not nearly the size, but still very fun. There are multiple rooms available.

One room is basically a replica of the arcades of the 80s/90s. Loud music, black lights, crazy announcers.
    Another room is more serene with EM machines, vendors and new technology.
    The tournaments are held in their own area, along with a few vendors, and it's a nice change from the other areas.

I highly recommend the HAAG show.

Marcus

#24 8 years ago

I'll be there. Probably lead off the Saturday speaker tour again. Speaking of which, it's invent a topic time again.....

ken

#25 8 years ago

Thank you, Nevus, for beating me to the creation of this thread.

Last year was a blast. We ended up near the same amount of arcade games as pinball machines. I counted 90 pinball machines physically at the show. A few of my friends and myself did our best to keep many of the pins up and running throughout the weekend as we possibly could.

LOTR belong to a friend and it went down hard Saturday afternoon. The kickup coil to the sword had locked on. It is ashame as I had installed a ColorDMD in it to show off the full color of that game. That was right before it was released. I am glad I got to play it Friday night.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brandon:

Go. You will have a great time!

#27 8 years ago

It would be sweet if someone could get Evan (the Pinsmith) to go to this. He seriously kept my games going multiple times at TPF.

#28 8 years ago
    Quoted from Brandon:

It's a completely different experience from TPF in Dallas. (Both great !)
    The Houston show is like a big arcade/pin party that lasts all weekend.
    Great for hanging out, play great games, listen to some talks/presentations, play great games, drink beer, buy pin mods & parts, play great games, smoke a cigar, drink beer, hang out more with fun folks, rinse & repeat...

ps. great music !

#29 8 years ago

I added it to the Events Page.

#30 8 years ago

Finally a reference to the cigars. Thank you lab nip

#31 8 years ago
    Quoted from BarrySanders:

Finally a reference to the cigars. Thank you lab nip

i was going to list the cigars first, but didn't want to show my own favoritism

#32 8 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

play great games, smoke a cigar, drink beer,

wait i get to drink beer??!!

--Jeff

#33 8 years ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

wait i get to drink beer??!!
    --Jeff

drink? the bartender is allowed to drink too ?

#34 8 years ago

The irony is gettin' a li'l thick around here...

1 month later
    #35 8 years ago

The website has been updated recently. Only 93 days until showtime.
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/games/

#36 8 years ago

WooHoo!! Got my room reserved. I'm getting excited!

1 week later
    #37 8 years ago

Time for me to figure out how i am getting games there this year, due to not owning a truck. Based on who I can hitch a ride with will depend on how many games of mine will be at the show. Last year , i managed 5 pins. Hoping for 3 to 5 this year to make it up there.

2 weeks later
    #38 8 years ago

I just saw that there are 38 games so far this year with about 2 months to go. I know there were about 250 last year. Does it typically ramp up in the last months or is the show going to be smaller this year?

#39 8 years ago

It will get filled up. Typically, the list starts growing during the last month. This seems about the time when people start deciding what to work on to bring to the show. Willl you be bringing anything?. Seems that I would will be bringing TZ and Indiana Jones for sure. Earthshaker has been a solid game for me taking to the show many times in the past.

#40 8 years ago
    Quoted from BrianZ:

Will be going. Might take a pin this year....

Decided to bring that Cyclone?

#41 8 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

WooHoo!! Got my room reserved. I'm getting excited!

Are you brining any games to the show? You get a free weekend pass for every game you bring.

#42 8 years ago

Yep, I think I'm going to bring Xenon. ...or maybe ST Prem.

#43 8 years ago

Xenon sounds good. I don't recall that one being at the show recently.

#44 8 years ago

I signed up Indy and TZ today. Indy will have a ColorDMD installed.
    I plan on taking 3 other games, but not yet decided which others.

#45 8 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It will get filled up. Typically, the list starts growing during the last month. This seems about the time when people start deciding what to work on to bring to the show. Willl you be bringing anything?

I'm not sure I'll even be able to attend this year. My wife is due right around Thanksgiving, so the timing kind of stinks for me this year. Great show though, and I'll try to make it at least one night if possible.

#46 8 years ago

I think I'll bring 1933 Bally Airway. People seem to like it.

Jeff

#47 8 years ago

Hope whoever brought junkyard last year, brings it again.
    That was surprisingly cool layout

And of course... Zookeeper, SMB and the (now) local 2 player football

#48 8 years ago

Just reserved our room this afternoon. Well bring a pin for sure. Not sure what yet. I brought Iron Man last year. Thinking of bringing my 'Tallica Pro this year.

#49 8 years ago

I've probably got room in the car to bring these 2 vids

image.jpgimage.jpg

#50 8 years ago

I need a trailer to bring something. I'm planning on Friday-Sunday so I should be able to do it. I'll work on this.

There are 413 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 9.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-houston-arcade-pinball-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.