image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#463 8 years ago
Quoted from steve-o:

» YouTube video

Well played multiball! Looks pretty sweet to me.

For those who have played...does the book help you to understand what is going on during gameplay? Is it a cool feature? There was a lot of flack over the first placement of it a year ago and they had to get rid of some of the barrel pops to accommodate its current location.

Some of my thoughts based on the vids:

Sounds and call outs sound great.
Gandolf voice is spot-on.
Smaug call outs a little repetitive during the multiball (hopefully they can add some variety in there)
This needs gold flipper bats or something else with a little more pizzazz. Who sells gold flipper bats? I will probably order some as soon as hear of my SE shipping.
As stated 1000's of time...upper right flipper doesn't seem to do much. It will be interesting to see how they incorporate it into code.
Ring button looks like it had either an 'activate' function or "points" score. For those who have played, can you elaborate on what you had to do with that?

Overall, I'm very excited. This is so much better than last year. The wait has been long and it is disappointing that I think there is little chance I have mine by Christmas but at least I have something which I can really look forward to.

#515 8 years ago

So many good impressions. Can't wait to get mine.

#562 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What are peoples thoughts on the $150.00 Playfield Protector option that is installed before the playfield is populated?.Does the Hobbit @ the shows have one?.Mine would be HUO.
I remember the WOZ having issues with wear without the protector.And JJP sent decals to cover the wear.Decals covering wear would not be a acceptable resolution for me.
If you own a Hobbit with a Playfield Protector.And put 10 years of HUO on it.My guess would be that it might get hazy and worn.
But if you take the protector off at that point and sell it.It would be a pristine looking playfield with the exception of ball hole wear?.
I am on the fence about adding this option.Has anyone had one of these on any game for a length of time that could chime in?

There are other threads which I think address this too. After reading those I think I will opt for a pristine playfield and put Mylar around pops or strategic areas if it is not already there.

2 weeks later
#670 8 years ago

YIKES! That looks amazing. The sound is immersive. I think this pin will be one for the ages. At least that is what I'm hoping!

2 weeks later
#860 8 years ago

I'm a day one order and am very much banking on this being a great game and I don't want to be a downer. That said, after watching the first few minutes of that game play I thought it looked somewhat boring. Pop-ups were cool but when they were down it didn't seem like much was going on. I've waited this long and am in for $7500 SE (I think I still owe about $3k) so will finish waiting it out.

I really hope I'm wrong in that assessment.

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That video reminded me of watching a white-wood. The terrible angle showing nothing but balls rolling and bouncing on a playfield was no indication of how the game plays.
I actually didn't even watch the whole thing because it was so poorly filmed. You need rules, lights, sound and feedback. That video had none of that.

I agree. That is why I'm not overly freaked out. Other gameplay has seemed better. Sometimes I think it would be better if I didn't ever look at this thread and just wait until I get the call from doughslingers telling me he needs the rest of my money and the pin is being shipped.

#1064 8 years ago

Always an excellent reminder. I'm glad I spent the entire day with my loved ones. I am very thankful for that! I know many, many people do not have that kind of opportunity.

1 week later
#1295 8 years ago

Is that the all new "Hobbit of Oz" cabinet pictured?

1 week later
#1540 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

""The plan is to build a number of games for further extensive testing and then go into full production in January.""
2016!!!

Very exciting but what jumped out to me is the "full production in January" part. I wonder how much 'full production' is facilitated by having a bunch of mechs ready to install. Sounds to me like we won't be seeing any customers getting pins until at least mid January by the time things are assembled and pins are shipped. More likely end of January or February is my guess.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider volunteerpin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=volunteerpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.