image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#287 8 years ago

Awesome news. I saw Hobbit at an Christmas party at automated services and then again at Pintastic. Nothing but great looking game and this is great news to get them into people's hands.

Now for the wise crack - Is this the rich investor with $M for pinball JPop was waiting for? I guess he is smart and knew what horse to bet on.

#292 8 years ago

Expanded factory lines and supplier reassurance can happen. Sound like a win win situation all around. It can take a fairly new company and bump them up a few years. It normally takes a while to establish and an infusion of funds can take the weight of priority juggling off your shoulders.

3 months later
#1306 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

You're off to a great start Ebin. So pro-Stern. TBL, awesome (though no shipping), and JJP, how could you guys trust him. Does that about sum you up so far?
Welcome to Pinside dupeboy (that's Ebin spelled backwards).

He has 7 posts and 1 has been moderated already. Its a troll account.

1 week later
#1420 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The Hobbit is only missing one thing that the recent Sterns have.

Go ahead. No one bit so I'll take your setup - "So what do recent Stern games have that the Hobbit doesn't . . .?"

#1425 8 years ago

I have played both. The Hobbit had a very sturdy and cool feel to it. Although I have not played GOT yet I have played Kiss and TWD.

Edit:
TWD - Loved the theme, the games was good but not great
Kiss - Hate the theme, the game is alright.
GOT - I know nothing of the theme or the gameplay
WWE - Don't want to look at it or touch it (yucky poo)
Hobbit - Love the theme, love the game so far.

But all are over priced.

#1454 8 years ago

Popcorn.gifPopcorn.gif

#1521 8 years ago

Blame_canada.gifBlame_canada.gif

Oh, yes. Hobbit looks cool.

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Wow, JJP fans don't have much in the way of a sense of humour. I guess thats what years of waiting will do, it was a joke.

Joke?

Quoted from Hazoff:

I'm looking forward to buying my first JJP machine, hopefully he does a cool theme soon so far midgets with hairy feet and a film than resonates with this crowd isn't cutting the mustard.

1) Midgets is a derogatory slang word that insults little people. I'm not a PC police type, but then you followed it up with -

2) An anti gay community comment. Not an outright insult, but you like to leave the bad feeling. Then to make it worse -

3) Your destruction of the look of pinball machines with the overdone poor use of LEDs.

You're running with the under-the-bridge crowd and like it. You are liking the "thumbs down". And that is really something to look in the mirror about.

#1621 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife is starting to wonder about me now.

HA! Starting, that's funny.

#1651 8 years ago

The LOTR movies are different from the book. I still love the movies and the pin. I have not even see movie 3 of TH yet. Yes, sometimes the separation of the story from the book or the action sequences from reality are overboard.

But I would rather watch these movies and play these pins and not be like some of these guys ^^^ waiting for a "Grey's Anatomy" pin or whatever chick flick they are into these days.

#1722 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Your last sentence summed up what I dislike most about both models. The pro, premium and LE all lack a main interactive toy. I don't consider a bank of drop targets a games primary interactive toy. If Stern expects people to drop $5k-$8k on a pinball machine of all things the main "toy" cannot be a stationary (or rotating...) $20 diecast car. Sure the moving ramp feature is cool but at today's NIB prices there needs to be more. ...

I'm not sure I agree. Why does everything have to have a toy that you bounce a ball off? AFM is regarded as one of the best games ever, gets top dollar and you don't actually bounce the ball off the saucers or martians? It does not even have drop targets, just that bank of 3 that sinks. Other than that it is 2 ramps, a scoop, some stand up targets and pops. A very simple and wide-open game can be great if done right. And TH goes much deeper code / mode wise than was ever possible back then.

#1726 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Actually, there's a hidden drop target under the main saucer that blocks the gobble hole until you're allowed to destroy the saucer.

You're right. I forgot about that one. I should remember since I did the original install instructions for Cliffy's Mothership protector and had a special inclusion on how to adjust it so you don't leave a ball catching divot.

Still, very basic ball interactions on that game. Its all about the integration. I think Hobbit will be great. Even though it is a pretty wide open playfield I hope the 4 pop-ups are not over used, just for certain modes. That's what makes the trolls special during MM.

#1727 8 years ago

Oh, and when it comes to bash toys in a game. I love LOTR. Epic game to me. But if I had to pick the worst part of the game I would say Balrog. During Fellowship MB I get it. But if you are having an Epic game it is better to let the Bash Balrog time out rather than risking the drain from a random bounce off a toy.

2 weeks later
#1906 8 years ago

IBTL

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taxman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=taxman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.