image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#73 8 years ago

What's the update?
I expected something big since a new thread was created.

#130 8 years ago

Mods, please close this thread. There is already a Hobbit Update thread full of nonsense. What's next, a "July 2015 Hobbit Update Thread"?
If these threads go off topic, maybe we need a locked thread of real updates when announced from JJP. I know jack loves to be the first to make "epic" announcements and he's on Pinside daily.

If the JJP fanboys need a nice place to play where their feelings won't get hurt, there is always the JJP private forum, full of the latest and greatest JJP news and reviews, all overseen by the JJP team (i bet the shipping schedule is posted there). Or just make a Hobbit fan club thread and kick out anyone with a difference of opinion.

2 weeks later
#175 8 years ago
Quoted from karl:

I am not defending Jack in any way, but I wish people would start a new thread when discussing Jack's behavior or company business. (or Stern, for that matter)
Why does everything, unrelated to The Hobbit, positive or negative revolved around Jack or the company end up in the hobbit threads?
Looks like the mods did a good job(finally) in the other thread, when it comes to keeping things on topic.
Why do we even have this second thread about the same topic?

you've got a good point. we need a thread dedicated to the moronic quotes, comments and lies made by jack.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I recently bought Alice in Wonderland from John Popadiuk and got my money stolen,no pinball,just a picture of a foamcore.

"you got what you paid for. You got to be on the roller coaster ride of ups and downs. You got to be an insider and an outsider. You had the money to burn for a big toy that nobody needs and that money got burned alright." - Guess who?

2 weeks later
#267 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know Scott personally and this is absolutely the case.

Alex, with all this new money rolling in, maybe you should apply for a job at JJP.

2 months later
#356 8 years ago

This game has so many parts! maybe one day someone a JJP will put them all together.

#361 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Hobbit looks to be great too...will hang in. Plus, $7500 shipped is a great "deal" considering the prices today. If I bailed and wanted it later it would cost me more.

The feeling of a "deal" is exactly what jack was shooting for. he's very good at manipulating the market and his customers. he needs to do anything to keep people from bailing.

#376 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

We wanted to show off the new body armor for both The Smaug Gold Edition and Limited Edition, so one side of the Expo game will have Gold Vein Armor (Smaug Gold) and the other will have Bronze Vein Armor (LE). The correct decals will coincide with the body armor as well.

is bringing two Hobbits too much to ask?

#381 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

So true. There should be three Hobbits, dammit! It's the same people banging their pots and pans spewing the same tired rhetoric... sound and fury signifying nothing.

This isn't even a fair comparison. I played about a dozen games of AMH; fun, but a one trick pony - hit the ghost. Hit the ghost again. Yawn. And Full Throttle? If Hobbit is the aesthetic equivalent of a model culled from the pages of Maxim, Full Throttle looks like something I picked up circling the lot outside the club at 2 a.m.

there should be three hobbits. why does JJP use just one Hobbit and dress up to show off LE and other LE armor. at this stage in the game, there should be many samples to play. i know you drank the kool-aid but things like this should be a red flag to where they really stand in production.

If Hobbit is the aesthetic equivalent of a model culled from the pages of Maxim, Full Throttle looks like something I picked up circling the lot outside the club at 2 a.m.

and wtf are you talking about ...

#407 8 years ago

You're a whining and puling maggot. That's what.

You're too emotional for pinside. You need to relax, It's only pinball.

#408 8 years ago

Tata, you've got to calm down too. Don't take things so seriously.

2 weeks later
#640 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just ordered my Hobbit LE with Jen, so currently I'm on the very bottom of the list. I'm absolutely counting on all the others that have pre-ordered to work out all the software bugs and hardware issues with JJP over the next 7 months or so ... prior to mine being built. The time "estimation" for my machine's delivery is maybe in May. I can (and can't) wait.

i don't see any benefit or incentive to order a Hobbit at this point. It only ties up your money for who knows how long. If you were to wait until they start to ship, you can skip the line through a distributor or even directly from JJP. New money trumps old. With WOZ, distributors had them in stock while the waiting list was still being filled.
Plus there have been so many delays it only makes sense to wait and play it at this point and to be sure the bugs are out. you already missed the early discounts.

back on topic, are there any updates?

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey, it's November!...rumor has it that production starts this month...has anyone received their Hobbit yet?

there's still 27 days left in november. But rumor was originally October. But go further back and rumor last october.

2 weeks later
#826 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though I backed out of my preorder a while back I think the wait will be worth it for those who have been patiently waiting. For the price the game is going to offer a lot not just in terms of features but in code, video, and audio work.
When your buying a pin at the $7k+ level the amount of work put into the games code, video and audio plays heavily into that cost as those are the things that bring a pinball machine alive. The Hobbit looks like its going to have the most code, video and audio work ever put into a pinball machine, yes maybe even more than WOZ which as of today is the best code supported pinball machine of all time. So when people compare GOT premium / LE to The Hobbit the amount of effort put into both games code, video and audio work needs to be taken into account and when it comes to those area's Stern isn't even close to JJP in terms of the level of effort.

You forgot to talk about the magnets!!!

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

... cabinets... couldn't they have started those back in 2013? It's not like he's changed the formfactor or art since the first reveal.

cab art has changed.

hobbit_1.jpghobbit_1.jpg

hobbit2.jpghobbit2.jpg

#1042 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. I'm sorry to inform you no, the trolls will not be stopping after you get your game. Some folks have a boner for anything JJP, and it doesn't go away even after Jack delivers. I can't explain it, but as a WOZ owner, it amazed me. All they have to do is see the yellow thread icon with JJP in it and they come running to bash. If there is no current theme they are on, it is something that happened 5 years ago. They will always have something to complain about. You know them all. You see them constantly in these threads. Just watch.

someone has a boner for JJP.

#1053 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

and someone can only ever complain about them! There's nothing wrong with being a JJP supporter, enjoying WOZ, being excited to play The Hobbit, etc. It's Thanksgiving, stop bitc*ing about JJP for once.

I was only repeating what the poster said! Read the thread I quoted. It's thanksgiving, stop being so sensitive and dramatic.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow. I post a reply about a good deal on the films and a comment about how much they meant to my Uncle and I and you act like that? I'm not surprised.
Here's a good book for you and the other JJP trolls.
Capture.JPG

Maybe you should have posted your off topic post on the 2016 Hobbit thread in the basement.
I'm not saying the replies were justified (I feel they were tasteless and uncalled for) but we should just try to keep this thread on topic for the next 35 days before it gets closed.

#1092 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You have a Hobbit? Enlighten us. How's your Magic Girl shooting?

Do I get $30 if I receive a hobbit through a distributor or does the distributor receive the $30?

#1095 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You get it. With a stick of butter.

What kind of butter?

#1097 8 years ago

Salted or unsalted?

#1118 8 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Is there a possibility that we could get back on topic? Perhaps it could be considered disappointing when these threads deviate substantially from the core issue. It is fun and educational to visit these threads when new and interesting information is shared. But when the incessant cat fighting ensues, the results could be interpreted as potentially unfortunate or possibly even substandard. We all appreciate and value the the GAME of pinball, but maybe, we do not all value the vissisitudes of the Pinside Forum milieu.

If you're going to use big words that no one uses, especially on pinside, spell them correctly.

#1169 8 years ago
Quoted from jazc4:

I'm in on TH. Wish I had free time to sit around count the days until they ship or have the time to sit and tease the ones who are waiting. However, I don't. I'm too busy with:
1. work
2. family
3. restoring STTNG
4. playing IJ, WCS, LOTR
5. and reading Pinside, of course

you forgot:
6. sit around and tease the ones who are teasing the waiting

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

It was an R&L tracking confirmation, pickup in NJ and the guy mentioned his Hobbit party.

Ben, this type of trolling belongs in the basement.

#1266 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

12341386_10207792903318285_1796630034498086787_n.jpg

Looks like day one orders are finally shipping. Congrats to everyone who waited it out. I hope it plays as good as it looks.
There is nothing more to say in this thread... Is there?

#1272 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He does realize it is Pinside. He also knows that they are not really in production yet. What he is doing is trying to set an expectation that this is day one orders shipping. That way he can get everyone riled up when they don't have their day one order... As Admiral Ackbar says:
Ackbar.jpg

I would also like to congratulate jack for stepping up and making good on his promise of fall production and delivery. Now we can focus on #3!

#1286 8 years ago

You're among the biggest in this thread, so I suppose you speak from experience. Here is what I want to know: why do you insist on putting a space between letters and marks of punctuation? It's cringe worthy. Proof your shit before posting, and tighten up your mechanics.

Why do you use over use commas?

#1291 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why do you overuse "use"?
(PS - I'm a writer, and he didn't really overuse commas.)

you can omit both he used and the post would read the exact same.

#1293 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Uh Oh - We're just beginning to overuse "overuse".

This is exactly what happened right before Frank took over rgp. Goodbye pinside.

1 week later
#1527 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well, we should probably hit this one before the end of the year before the thread closes...
image.jpg

I didn't see this was from 2 years ago. For a second I thought JJP had some real advancements.

An entire 2015 update thread with no updates in 2015.

#1553 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

Very exciting but what jumped out to me is the "full production in January" part. I wonder how much 'full production' is facilitated by having a bunch of mechs ready to install. Sounds to me like we won't be seeing any customers getting pins until at least mid January by the time things are assembled and pins are shipped. More likely end of January or February is my guess.

The plan is full production. The plan was also hobbit coming in 2014.
This is not an update. At this point, An update is a shipping date for first day orders.

#1604 8 years ago

There's still about 12 days left in 2015 to get one real update in this thread.
Was the playfield art revision in 2015?

#1708 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no reason to come into this thread and cause chaos other then to troll. Even if there is an update the same people just complain. Hell once the games start shipping next month the same people will complain again about it taking too long. Well, do you want a deep, quality and feature packed game like The Hobbit or do you want WWE? I'll take the Hobbit. If you have no interest in the game please go to another thread or create a dedicated "let's complain about Hobbit delays" thread and keep it all in there.

You come across as mr innocent and positive but you're as big of a troll as the rest.

#1716 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't go into Stern threads and try to stir up crap. Same with the Rob Zombie thread. I don't like the game but I would never go into the thread and start crap. Same goes for posting in TBL thread about shipping delays.

Is this not you from a RZ thread?

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

RZ has that same "kit car" vibe to it that AMH does and appears to have far less toys in it then AMH. More people will backout when they realize what they are getting for $6k. A Stern MET Pro LED offers far more value in terms of features / toys, artwork, build quality, etc and can be shipped to your home for under $5k.

#1723 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quoting like a political ad! You should also post the comments where I said RZ looks like a cool game. That quote is from the "Who's In / Out on Rob Zombie" thread (where people have been giving reasons why they would or would not buy the game) versus a dedicated game thread such as this one or others for RZ. I stated why I was "out". There's a difference between doing that and repeatedly going into a thread again and again to stir up crap like you do.
Can you please try to add something meaningful to The Hobbit conversation? What interests you about the game? Do you have one on preorder or plan to?

I think TH looks great. i'm not huge fan of the trolls in MM so this may be too much in my opinion. I know, most people love the trolls. Also, i think they should have used a flexible rubber smaug with a few mechanical parts inside to make him appear more realistic. now it looks like a cheap plastic lower jaw that opens and closes with no realistic movement.
the LED looks 1000 times better than it is on WOZ.

even you knew to bail on the game after it being two years late and all the BS surrounding JJP. If the game is great, anyone can pick one up HUO or from a distributor.

#1748 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_keefer:

It's used to propel the ball(s) at targets on the playfield.

What an a-hole comment.

#1798 8 years ago
Quoted from Krorghar:

In my opinion, you are giving this third flipper excesive importance. Let's imagine that that flipper has never existed, would you still want to own the machine? I think that's the main question here. In the begining TH had 4 flippers, they allready removed one, prolly because it was not really adding to the game. I frankly refuse to believe they have left an useless flipper in the design. When the code is fully completed we'll see what's really used for.
Don't just base your decision of purchasing or not TH only on that damn flipper my friend.

the code is basically complete. so what did Keith say the flipper was used for?

1 week later
#1874 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

God this late shipping shit is getting SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO old. If you preordered one and are pissed you can cancel. If you didn't and want it NOW - too bad you have to wait until they get it built. Why are we still talking about this!?
There have been many reasons for the constant slip in dates: redesign, parts are late, cash flow issues (I guess), and building pins is hard to do. Whatever the reason, I think JJP is doing the best they can to get em out. You can say they lied and had no intentions of shipping this year, or you can say they are trying. Just wait or cancel...if you feel that it is your job to 'complain well' then your complaint is noted (again)

So, did any get shipped in 2015?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 25.50

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider silverballz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=silverballz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.