image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#638 8 years ago

If anyone is considering buying a Hobbit (or WOZ or MMR) I have a $250 Gift Certificate from Joe at Pinball Star.

I'll sell it half value ... $125 PayPal gift ... So you can save $125 bucks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/26289

rd

1 month later
#1562 8 years ago

Weird ... I got a Hobbit Update email from JJP today.

I've never subscribed, or even emailed or spoken to anyone at JJP. Ever. How they got my email address, I don't know.

Anyway, I read the email. Who says spam doesn't work ..

rd

#1567 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

So....when can I come over and play the Hobbit?

Hobbit looks ok. Haven't played it though, they folded it up at expo before I got a go.

If it plays anything like WOZ though, I won't be buying one.

Flame away.

rd

#1570 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Not every man is up to the challenge.

Of walking past WOZ and playing something else.

rd

#1576 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thats too bad, there are quite a few pins in your collection that are way worse than woz.

No doubt. But they didn't cost $15,000 New Zealand dollars either, did they ....

rd

#1757 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

What an a-hole comment.

Agree 100%. The guy asked a genuine question (in a 2nd language) before spending 9000 Euros on a game. 9000 Euros is $10,000 USD by the way.

It's answers like that from JJP employees and also the owner of the company that would have me thinking very hard before spending my hard earned cash on one of their products. (I remove Lloyd from that group, of course. He would be a good reason TO buy)

They're making an expensive "luxury" product. I doubt you'd have an employee of Rolex or Lexus coming on their respective forums berating potenial customers.

I stand by and wait for the barage of thumbs down from the fan boys. But if you actually think about it for a minute, you'll see what I say is correct.

rd

#1764 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Man you jjp trolls have razor thin skin..... Where was the berating your referring to? Sorry you men can't handle a funny sarcastic comment from a pinball legend. BTW I drive a Lexus

I have a ISF.

Who said I'm a JJP troll? I rarely post in any JJP threads. I like the look of Hobbit. I was bummed out when I couldn't play it at Expo. I don't like WOZ. I think some of you guys need to understand, just because someone doesn't agree with you, it doesn't make them a "troll" It makes them someone who has a different opinion to you.

A troll is someone who comes into a tread to purposely cause a ruckus. None of that applies to anything I have done.

And just because you hold the guy up on a pedestal as a quote "pinball legend" .. That makes no difference. It could have been The Pope. Doesn't matter. The answer he gave was not appropriate for an employee of a company. A better answer would have been "we designed the upper flipper to hit the left drops (or whatever) and we have coded in some cool modes to utilise it too!"

See what I did there? I answered the question with a positive answer, and added another positive. That could have just sold the company another few games. I have heard a few others ask what that flipper was for, and haven't yet seen an answer. If my answer was given, instead of something snarky and sarcastic, more sales could have been made.

rd

#1767 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The thing is that it HAS been answered a few times, yet people keep harping on it over and over and over and he's probably tired of hearing it. It wasn't an assault or a cut. It was sarcastic, and pretty funny in my book. My advice to anyone who thinks the flipper shouldn't be there is to just not flip with it. Then it will be like a two flipper game for you. Or just disable that coil! Problem solved.

I was going to suggest removing the flipper bat.

rd

#1768 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Whatever - seems like nit-picking to me.... The game is gonna sell whether keith explains things how you want to hear it or not. I could swear I've seen you say you would not buy the Hobbit because of the price, but you sure seem interested enough to take pop shots.

Nope. Someone said a few days ago "WOZ is better than some of the games in your collection" (which I thought was a bit of a wanky comment BTW..) and I replied "yeah, but those games didn't cost $15,000 NZD ..." Which I must say was spectacularly witty of me. . (A WOZ is $15k here ...)

Half my games cost me $1000 USD or less. You can't compare a $500 Millionaire to a $15,000 WOZ, that's crazy. WOZ is better than Millionaire by the way. That's one shit game. But I need to keep it as I have the full collection of 30 Sys11 games, and it's one of them. It's a burden I carry ...

rd

#1777 8 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Bien. Je vais tenter de désamorcer ce qui représente pour moi une tempête dans un verre d'eau.
Je remercie ceux qui ont tenté de m'apporter une reponse.

Well said.

rd.

#1807 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

when I switched from yellow to gold, it tied in all of the bass colored ramps, rails and legs better

You made your ramps the color of a bass fish?

You crazy New Yorkers ...

rd

#1809 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Some on here won't be happy until the third flipper goes up their butt.

Oh, is THAT what it's for?

More

rd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rotordave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=rotordave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.