image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is exactly why I bailed a couple months ago. Tired of vague production start dates & months of lacking communication from JJP, combined with the fact I was becoming less enthused with the theme & shot layout of TH. Coding & sound will be the saving grace of TH, but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the way I feel about the overall layout. Bottom line is that they took too long to bring it to market. JJP also kept raising the price of TH to make pre-order buyers feel like they're getting a great deal, but that didn't stop me from bailing either.
If Stern releases GOT this fall, there's no denying it's going to effect Hobbit sales. Ritchie's first pin in two years, with Sheets coding, and possible LCD implementation & with a highly desirable similar theme. Glad I beat the refund rush & I'm not tied down to any company right now. Gives me options & a big wad of cash to play with. I'm excited what the coming months will bring

HP Good to have options but if you wanna buy back into The Hobbit it is gonna be a more expensive. Why not just wait it out and then get a refund or sell your preorder spot for a bit of a profit if you wanna go GoT?

3 months later
#711 8 years ago

Dreaded car analogy to follow proceed at your own risk:

Looking to purchase a Tesla X, took if for a spin today and holy shit this is one impressive automobile. I've owned a lot of nice cars and this one may be the best yet. Do yourself a favor and go find one to drive, even if you can't afford it may influence you to get a second job or god forbid sell a few pins.

The following is from Wired Magazine --- it sounded familiar to our little pinball world

"Musk unveiled a prototype X in 2012, saying production would begin the following year. He later pushed that to 2014, which came and went with a promise that we’d see the X this year. But then that’s Musk—he often makes big promises with short timelines, which might explain why he told us tonight that if he had it to do over again, he’d have made the X less complicated and therefore easier to engineer and build.

Be that as it may, the car is here, and first impressions suggest it was worth the wait. If you order one today, though, you’ll have to wait a while longer: Tesla estimates it’ll take 8 to 12 months to deliver cars ordered now."

1 month later
#1589 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I am curious if the hobbit will sell more than woz overall.

I remember back to when Jack announced The Hobbit, he talked about all the hundreds of movie theaters that would be ordering the game for their lobbies for the release of the film.

Needless to say those orders disappeared faster than Bilbo putting on the ring.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pindome.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=pindome and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.