image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#153 8 years ago

Hobbit:
As I've stated many times, which is in the message below. No more preorder pre pay with Pat's 3rd JJP game. (Unless you as a buyer want a payment plan that's your choice) I do believe Jack intends to debut game 3 at expo.

Jun 17 2015 Jersey Jack
The last couple of weeks of shows have been great and we have talked about the Hobbit progress and process. What happened and where are we?

We did not do a good job with The Hobbit before Expo. We believed we could do better and Expo was the proof that we needed to go back and make the game better. Unfortunately that caused issues with design elements of the game and of course it caused delay and redesign. We underestimated the time we needed to make the changes.

We know what we did after Expo made the game a lot better. You told us that. That “little” series of changes over a few weeks caused at least six months delay - that is all types of drawings, not only art but mechanical design drawings, wiring, parts that had to change, retooling, redesign after testing, first article parts, approvals, on and on….time and money spent to make the game better. We are selling more Hobbits every week as more people get to see and play it now. As they ship we will sell many more.

I guess we could have said “it’s done” amid the furor of commentary after Expo. How could we ignore more art assets that became usable to us around that same time…..such as the awesome Smaug (TM) images and leave what we had…..we can’t do that. We are working to make “The Best” not pushing something out half baked. We owe that to all of you and to ourselves.

We have ordered parts, some have been arriving. Some arrive wrong but that may always happen now and then. We are adding more people to help the processes. We have been receiving first articles on later parts that were designed, so once they arrive, we approve them and we give the green light and they get made….weeks not years is what we are talking about. In the next few weeks we will show pix of the line changeover, more parts arriving and yes, Hobbit games on the line.

So while all of this has been happening, Keith and Ted are working like madmen coding The Hobbit - when you get it - the game is amazing - not a “box of lights” like when WOZ shipped - oh - we are also close to Pat Lawlor with his game nearing completion for it’s public showing later this year. I can say that game will not need to be redesigned.I'm really excited about it.

We want to design and build Great Games and that’s never going to be easy but it will get easier.

Something really good is coming. The products we have in the pipeline are exciting and innovative. Feel good about it because we do! Thanks for your continued trust and confidence in us, it’s real. This is a difficult industry that I’ve been in for 40 years. It gets windy when you get closer to the top and it upsets some people. it’s hard sometimes reading the negative doom and gloom. Those same few people are upset we are still here. We just need to TCB and ship Great Games, that's the focus.

We will shed more light and visibility on everything very soon.

Thanks, Jack

Jun 25 2015 Jersey Jack
Looking forward to the Pintastic Show and looking forward to our own Open House.

I can say that we have ordered ALL parts for The Hobbit and we are waiting as more arrive every week. We will post some pictures, and games will be on the line sooner than later, This Summer. The games will be close to complete code when they ship which is not what happened with WOZ.

Every week we sell more and more Hobbits. As the games have traveled shows and people have seen them for the first time they have been very pleased and happy. This is the last time we ever do a long-term year+ Pre-Order of any JJP game. To get the company off the long term pre-order model has been a challenge but it has been accomplished.

There is obviously much that we know that we cannot share other than to say - there is no worry from me that we will be here to deliver every Hobbit and everything else we are working on. Good things are happening for JJP and Good Things are coming soon!

1 month later
#265 8 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

If Stern releases GOT this fall, there's no denying it's going to effect Hobbit sales. Ritchie's first pin in two years, with Sheets coding, and possible LCD implementation & with a highly desirable similar theme. Glad I beat the refund rush & I'm not tied down to any company right now. Gives me options & a big wad of cash to play with. I'm excited what the coming months will bring

Dwight is coding.

2 months later
#517 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I had a seemingly epic game on Hobbit yesterday at Expo...and I ended up having a really great impression of the game. What a difference a year makes! Last year was just a big "oooph"...new art & a year of coding makes a hell of a difference. Sure, we can still look at the game and think "how would I do it better" - but I think it's past the point of "What can this game be" to the reality of "this is what the game is" ...and it's pretty damn good, IMO. The eye/ear candy is fanastic...excellent light shows, amazing music and sound, Smaug's lighting and talking choreography works wonderfully with the voice clips. The uplighting of the pop-up characters looks really cool. I started some multiball where (I think) the GI went dark and all 4 popped up with only their uplighting - it was really spooky and cool! The ramps are smooth and fun to shoot. I like the specific lights under the "Book" and "Time" cutouts on the ramps...made me forget about what I initially thought was a confusing phrase "Book Time". There are nice animation touches on the book LCD - when the ball is in the barrel bumpers, there is water animation splashing up on the book LCD. The main LCD is incredible, but I seriously couldn't look at it during gameplay. I won't pretend I understand the rules - but I could definitely feel that "organic" gameplay/flow that I love from LOTR & TSPP...it's that "Keith touch", for sure!
I have definitely gone from "not interested" to "I'd like to own this some day". Congrats to JJP & crew for pulling through some tough development to make a game that just might be very special.

I was there while you played that game, a lot of fun ! Even watching is fun, taking in the LCD and learning as a waiting player.

Cool thing seeing the 4 different selectable skill shots and the player use of the ring button within the game. There's a lot going on in this game.

At one point Brian Eddy was watching and really taking in the experience. I'd love to know what he thought of the package. And when those troll pop ups were going it was a blast. The under lighting and effects are so cool on the game. It really is a polished product and fast and fun.

#571 8 years ago

I mentioned to Keith and Jack at expo to put die cut mylars around the troll pop ups. The original Medieval Madness troll openings had these on the playfield.

I hope this is thought about. It really helps because of the amount of use of the mechs, as they go up and down the edges of the blue steel flap scrub the edges of contact.

Gameplay at expo was fluid and solid. It's a masterpiece !

1 month later
#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah but none are going to customers just distributors. He wants distributors to have one on their showroom floor to show walkin customers. This is the TRUTH!!

Really ?

#1002 8 years ago

Next week is gonna be fun !

#1004 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You gonna tell us about a fictional line startup date? Like your last two insider info wrong dates?

Production started last week while Jack was at IAAPA. Did you miss the video that was posted ?

#1204 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Jason Rufer.....finally JJP's mystery billionaire investor revealed! (And his first dividend......a shiny new Hobbit).

That is a mystery...

2 weeks later
#1363 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Hopefully tech support gets 0001, how the hell are you supposed to support 002-1000 without one?

What about 1001-5000 ?

This title will sell double of Woz.

#1387 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

is there an official number of woz sold yet?

2550+

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1388 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Better pin no doubt. But the cost of this one will choke sales compared to woz.

How so ?

No upper playfields, no monkey mech, 2 less flippers, Less man hours to build Hobbit vs Woz.

#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

True.
But nothing is stopping Jack from doing a Pro version "for the good of pinball" and selling a bunch more at a lesser cost.

Hobbit is available as a standard with stainless trim no frills.

#1399 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

What did you pay for your woz? 6k? I honestly don't remember. X number of hobbit are sold at 7500? Price to buy if you weren't on preorder is 8500+shipping. Not a lot of pinheads have that much to spend on or pin or are willing to do so. Simple economics. No slight against JJP.

Standard Hobbit model is $8000 on the website. Stainless trim no shaker or invisiglass.

In comparison not much different than a Stern LE in pricing. Which I think were around $7500-7700 last one I bought. Star Trek LE and Walking Dead LE neither one had a shaker.

#1402 8 years ago

Jack has stated he's making one playfield/display platform version and no other models. Also on the record after Hobbit, no more LE models. One game offered.

I personally hate the LE choice and its run its course. The whole backward thinking is wrong. Think of the Addams Gold or 8BD days. Once a game has proven itself then make a limited special edition. Like what Stern did with Elvis Gold, Monopoly Platinum, Spiderman Black, LOTR Gold etc...

#1414 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I clicked on the site and only saw the 8500 model. Stern only sells up to 500 le models? Sometimes has difficulty doing that. If stern could easily sell 1000 le at a 8k price point they would. That's why I don't think the hobbit will sell large volumes past the preorder. Again, great pin. If there was a cheaper version I would probably buy one. I won't spend 8k for any pin from anyone and I can afford to.

https://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=61&product_id=59

image.pngimage.png

#1523 8 years ago

Hobbit kicks ass !!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mnpinball.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=mnpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.