image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider expletive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 8 years ago

It's July 2015, so Hobbit is now one year late from the original release date, and still no word on when it will be shipping.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Thanks. It's a good thing it's mentioned 50 thousand times in every Hobbit thread, otherwise I would have forgot.

Maybe if there was some communication about WTF is going on and what the continued delays are, it wouldn't be mentioned 50 thousand times in every Hobbit thread.

#68 8 years ago

Guys, can we please get this thread back on topic?? The subject is 2015 Hobbit updates!

Oh....never mind.

Carry on.

2 weeks later
#171 8 years ago
Quoted from dgpinball:

It's Jacks private forum, he has every right to moderate it as he sees fit.

This is true. He can be as petty and ridiculous and piss off as many customers as he wants. Totally his right!

If he over-reacted or made and error in banning the wrong person, that's unfortunate, but not exactly the end of the world. I believe Stern was doing the same awhile ago on their Facebook page if they didn't like what was being posted.

Anyone else notice how any time a strong JJP supporter feels the need to defend something stupid that Jack said or did, they feel the compulsion to bring Stern into the argument. Why is that?

Quoted from Aurich:

it would be like someone being banned from Stern's Facebook for quoting something they said on it there here on Pinside.

Right, so even bringing Stern into the argument, it doesn't make sense any way. I just can't understand how an owner of a pinball company can act this way?

1 week later
#190 8 years ago

Why would you make that many test prints of a PF?

3 months later
#661 8 years ago

Will this pin actually go into production this month? God, I hope so. Place your bets!

1 month later
#1347 8 years ago

All you have to do is look at the history of WOZ and it's release to realize that even once production actually starts, it will still be a long time before the majority of pre-orderers get their game. A friend of mine plans on doing what he saw others do on WOZ: buy it after they have started production and get a game long before many who pre-ordered do (even though he will be paying a bit more).

#1350 8 years ago

Whose bitching? I'm not even buying the pin. I'm simply stating what a friend of mine is doing based on the experience that we saw with WOZ. If you guys are happy waiting for 3 years to get your pin in order to pay a little less, more power to you. I wouldn't have the patience for that myself, and is one reason why I would never pre-order a pin. My friend feels the same way, which is why he will start checking with distributors once Hobbits start being produced so he can pay for it and have it a week or two later, not 3 years later.

2 weeks later
#1850 8 years ago

So it's official: not a single production Hobbit was shipped in 2015.

And to think they were "contractually obligated" to release the pin when the last movie was released in December 2014.

Fail.

#1854 8 years ago

Right. Everything is perfect in the world of the JJP faithful!

DON'T COMPLAIN JUST BECAUSE A PIN THAT WAS PROMISED TO BE RELEASED A YEAR AGO, AND WAS "CONTRACTUALLY OBLIGATED", STILL HASN'T BEEN DELIVERED.

I'm good at complaining? Maybe. Why aren't you?

#1859 8 years ago

Cancel my order? No, I am not insane enough to have preordered a pin from JJP. I actually want to own this pin pretty badly though. Unfortunately JJP continues to make that impossible. Think back to how the diehard JJP supporters would have scoffed at the idea of anyone posting in the summer of 2014 that "Not a single Hobbit will be shipped by 2015."

#1865 8 years ago

"Ok, so you are just following along angry and shitting on it then? That doesn't sound like a desire to own one. But I'll just take you at your word that shitting on something means you hold a great desire to possess it. Thank you for explaining so many posters in JJP threads. Shitting is believing".

What the hell are you talking about? This doesn't even make any sense. Please quote a single word that I said that would lead you to say that I was "shitting" on the Hobbit as a pinball machine.

At least make an effort to follow along, otherwise you just look like a foolish JJP lapdog.

You really don't see the difference between liking and wanting a pinball machine, versus criticizing the company who is making that machine because of the never ending lies ("contractually obligated") and delays? I'm guess that you are actually smarter than you are letting on here, and simply prefer to attack me rather than JJP as it makes you feel better about your decision to give JJP your money years ago. Me? I'll buy when it's available. I just thought that would have been sometime in 2015, but in hindsight, it was obviously dumb for me to think that.

#1870 8 years ago

"No, it's completely reasonable to think the game would've shipped in 2015.
It's dumb to bitch about it.
You've given JJP no money, and they owe you nothing in return. It's lame for you to be pissed at them.
You should be appreciative that they're attempting to make a game that you really want."

Yes, I really appreciate what a fantastic job JJP is doing in getting the Hobbit made in anything remotely resembling a timely manner. Like we all said years ago, Hobbit would obviously be made much faster than WOZ because JJP had learned how to build a pin and now had all their suppliers lined up and a proven factory with experience workers etc. We were all wrong. Why?

To this day I still haven't seen anything remotely approaching an adequate explanation of why the pin has been delayed to this degree.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider expletive.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=expletive and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.