image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

This thread has been created to discuss past, new and future developments of The Hobbit among pre-order customers and those interested in the game. The previous Hobbit update thread has become filled with too many off topic discussions and arguments about the game / JJP to the point where JJP staff is now hesitant to post in it.
Let's keep this thread about The Hobbit. Maybe we can even get some of the JJP staff to give us some more details about the game
Below is a quick summary of the games news highlights by date (thank you Pinball News), and other general information.
News Highlights
Initial announcement: November, 2012 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index2.html
Full playfield reveal: August, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index6.html
Cabinet artwork reveal: December, 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index7.html
Initial playfield artwork reveal: June, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index10.html
Updated playfield artwork reveal: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index12.html
Smaug toy update: November, 2014 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/hobbit/index13.html
Flyer link
http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/the-hobbit-limited-edition/
Playfield picture
Hobbit_main.jpg
Gameplay videos (from latest to oldest)
2015 Northwest Pinball and Arcade Show
» YouTube video
2015 Allentown Pinfest
» YouTube video
2015 Ohio Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
2015 Michigan Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
2014 Pinball Expo
» YouTube video
April 2014: Whitewood video
» YouTube video

You forgot feb 2015 Smaug got teeth after that only pin show news

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Reported. Please stay out of this thread if your only purpose is to say jabbing comments.

that was not a jabbing comment it was just a comment you need to take a chill pill

#47 8 years ago

Yet will be the first to say keep it positive

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was your "after that only pin shows news" comment you added on the end. It may have been taken as a jab as you have made many in past JJP threads. I'm just tired of the same old people being rude in JJP threads. Criticism is one thing but trolling it another. I won't report you (wasn't able to as my cell signal was bad) but I will put you on ignore along with the other usual JJP bashers.

I Googled Hobbit news a week back to see what there was I may have missed.I found the same you did plus feb 15 the rest was show news.If you want to say eight months and show news fine I say 4 months and show news.

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Listen to Jack's seminar at Pintastic next Friday July 10th at 7pm EST.
Jared is doing the recording and live stream.
LTG : )

Last seminar was over two hours Jared's recoding it is.I think the last one would have been better with out the question session it was far to long.

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Which thread will have the picture of the games coming off the line first. The old Hobbit thread or the new one? Place your best folks

The old thread had pictures of the JJP line nine days ago so I say old

#129 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Hmmm. How come those games haven't shipped then?

WOZ was on the line in the pictures

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Is there a link to where this can be watched?

Search You Tube Pintastic Hobbit game after the 12 of July

3 weeks later
#180 8 years ago

now there's a way to keep playfields safe

11811567_1023424831009446_1952176015152195659_n.jpg11811567_1023424831009446_1952176015152195659_n.jpg

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

image.jpg image_1.jpg

Yes that is how they should be stored

#188 8 years ago

Thats a lot of wall art or seconds

2 months later
#295 8 years ago

Smaug looks funny when in pieces

#310 8 years ago

There should be real news between 8pm 10 pm thursday as that is when jack is a speaker at expo

#312 8 years ago

I think things have reached the point that if Jack does not give some shipping date only the hard core JJP fan will still be happy.It is the expo after that game you can't describe with out using the word cluster. People have given Jack a chance to show what he can do but I think time is up.

#398 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

"Kool-Aid" WOW, now that's a zinger...You really put him in him in his place. Seems like you drank the Bitter-Aid.
Maybe if you were in the loop with suppliers of TH or in contact with JJP, you'd know already that the other prototypes are indisposed at the moment. They're spread out all over the country for final testing and coding(90-99% complete when shipped). This is far from a red flag in production start-up, but a sign that end is near! You have ZERO creditability to even surmise such a theory and are only trying to stoke the fire. But I guess your right...JJP is going out of business and all those parts flowing in are all photo shopped to keep us sending him more $ for his private island.

We're all thinking the same about YOU

If this is a sign of the end what did the single game that Jack brought to Pintastic not fully working say

#404 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

You're a whining and puling maggot. That's what.

Says the captain who does nothing but whine on pinside

#414 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

It said that it needed a break from being played non stop!

I got to play TH several different times the game with the most play I never got to play was Kiss

#416 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'm not "into" Gene like that

I like ac/dc and MET but Kiss is not for me Just go's to show theme does count

#502 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

No question, the game is certainly the most striking visually and audio-ly . Audibly....aurially... Whatever.
My bigger concern is overall speed of play.... So I can't wait to play one on location.... Hopefully the guys at a Flippers have an early order in!

It is not speed that is the issue.Ramp,ramp,ramp troll,troll ramp,ramp,ramp,ramp,multi ball start over You are right about art and sound 10 of 10 gameplay 6.5 of 10

#507 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

you just described all pinball: ramp, ramp, orbit, bash, orbit...
Whatever man! Take some geritol and go yell at some kids or something.

If you think thats all pinball is why get a modern at all

#537 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I heard Nov as well directly from Jack.
At least we are talking "days" now instead of weeks/months/years!!

I have heard every month from last Dec to now talked about as a shipping date

#579 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was told from Jen about 1 week ago they should be able to produce 15 to 20 per day. If they could run two production lines that would kick ass.

If you had said 10 I may have believed you but 20

#582 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You guys are probably right in that it will be a bear to assemble. I guess as long as are getting them out the door by year end I will feel better.

The funny thin is both Stern and Hieghway have bragged about having less under the playfield JJP bragged about how much is under the playfield

1 week later
#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How long was it from the very first day WOZ was announced to the first person receiving their pin? The Hobbit has to be close to this! Does anyone know?

It was a year from first preorder shipped till the last preorder shipped

1 week later
#696 8 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

WOZ was released 74 years after the movie and it sold OK, so Jack still has some time.

I miss the thumbs down

1 week later
#763 8 years ago

I was looking at the JJP FB pg there are pic of plastics, playfields, popbumper caps, and more but no pic of cabinets WTF new art surprise or no cabinets

#802 8 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

So what happens when you get to 0? Are you going to start a countdown for December? Then one for January? February?

When it hits 0 you start at +1

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

One a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being best pin you've ever played, 1 being awful, how would you rate the pin? I think everyone agrees it looks beautiful, amazing sound and video, but how is the game play?

If I had never played pinball and walked into a room of 90s Williams modern Sterns and TH it is about a 7 out of 10

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

A 3 year wait for JPop/SkitB...and then get nothing in the end is sad. Waiting 3 years for a pin that will immediately be a top 20 pin (and the best ever made in the audio/visual category) is not sad at all.

TH will absolutely make the top 20 but if you did not rate the art and sound package it would not stand a chance. Woz is at 19 at this time so Woz may get kicked out of the top 20 with games like TH entering the top 20

#917 8 years ago

Bam1B0TCcAAcW0e.jpgBam1B0TCcAAcW0e.jpg

#930 8 years ago

What would you say is more intense - your disdain for JJP or homoerotic obsession with the bloat captain, Kirk?

The CaptainNavidad rarely speaks up so when he does he does is with a gay slur

#932 8 years ago

Weird Al is funny? Um, ok. That actually explains quite a bit.
On to real Hobbit news. Whenever production does begin, what is the sense of how many games JJP will be manufacturing per week? 50ish?

So 30 weeks from start for le to be finished at best

#936 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Sounds about right to me. I think it will take well into late summer just to get the preorders already in the books out the door.

Gary said in a interview 30 man hours per game. With 10 hours design 20 hours manufacturing it will take 1000 man-hours per week for 50 games I don't think he has that many employees

#945 8 years ago

In a Jack interview thread he said they have built 2600 games in all and will start TH production around new years.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jack-guarnieri-of-jersey-jack-pinball-interview-at-iaapa-2015

#949 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

So, WOZ started rolling off the line around May 1st 2014.
That is about 454 working days including stat holidays till end of Nov 2015.
2600 games means they averaged about 5.73 games per day. If you factor in stat days, that probably brings it up to 6 per day.
They had some supply problems early on. That means that number could come up some.
Assuming 1500 Hobbits were sold total so far, that is a full year of production with 261 working days.

First games ship april 2013 http://www.pinballnews.com/games/wizardofoz/index39.html

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Bring on Lawlor!

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Not so easy to store 1500 cabinets, or even a couple of hundred. If anything, that is one piece of the kit that has to be "just on time" or you would have to have a huge warehouse to store them.

Jack posted a pic of cab with decal on oct 14 I think the new pic is as much for show as anything

12074977_1063829446968984_8956001554032416455_n.jpg12074977_1063829446968984_8956001554032416455_n.jpg

#1024 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

remember it's "for the good of pinball"

#1031 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was created to simply troll and be a joke, it shouldn't exist. It would be fine if it was created to actually have meaningful conversations in and share updates but that wasn't the case.

That's funny as 2016 is a far more accurate title then Hobbit update

#1078 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Happy Thanksgiving Fellas!

Happy Thanksgiving

1383468_937413482954504_292705419152013916_n.jpg1383468_937413482954504_292705419152013916_n.jpg

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i own my woz and no issues thus far. my sterns suck, Walking Dead was broken for 5 months. all stern kept doing was jerking me around and sending me boards. lucky my friend managed to repair the pin for me. my kiss le out the box with 7 issues and now its broken again. only the display comes on nothing else. guess my next pin gonna be? not a pos stern! i have a heighway alien le on order and will get a smaug le if it lives up to the hype. i have faith this pin is gonna be great and not a pos stern slapped together and shipped untested.
after those 2 new pins i am gonna add some classics, and hopefully stick to jjp and heighway if the quality is there. like i said no more new sterns for me right now, status quo is unacceptable.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

It seems sir you are a troll

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I love the look and solidness of WOZ. That's why I bought one. I don't know why we can't criticize certain aspects of games or pinball companies without getting attacked. I have had issues with every pinball machine I have ever owned. Hobbit looks great. Can't wait to play it, and hopefully it's not incredibly boring like WOZ is.

Shame on you Panzer threads are for fanboys only

#1162 8 years ago

if you are going to use the same image over and over this is better

Ray_Liotta_Laughing_In_Goodfellas.jpgRay_Liotta_Laughing_In_Goodfellas.jpg

#1171 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Because.... SURELY, suggesting TH will slip into next month is ludicrous, trollish and downright un-pinball. Clearly those fools creating the thread were unaware of the "contractual obligations"

I don't understand Jack said it would ship in Dec oh wait that was 2014 never mind

#1215 8 years ago
Quoted from RavenBlackthorn:

HobbitBeastMechs.jpg
Hobbit Beast Mechs! Gwaaah!

only 6000 needed

#1217 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

4 down, 4000 to go.

Is the LE run 1000 or 1500

2 weeks later
#1435 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Made in America...by Mexicans.

White trash thinking

Screen-Shot-2014-02-14-at-9.44.40-PM.pngScreen-Shot-2014-02-14-at-9.44.40-PM.png

#1456 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Americans have never lost and will never lose a war.

Quoting someone from WW2 kind of out of date

#1500 8 years ago

Oh Canada

image..jpegimage..jpeg

tar_sands18.jpgtar_sands18.jpg

#1509 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What're you asking me for? Somebody started on Canada. I actually defended that fine country. Then EK77 posted some pictures that look like eastern portions of NJ. I don't know what's going on. I still say this is a great way to close out the year on this thread, though!

It's the canadian oil sands

#1533 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Again you better do your homework on who is polluting the world and actually how much pollution comes out of the tar sands. Go pick on China, India and yourselves. Get the real facts. Also pretty sure if you had the third biggest crude oil reserves in the world you Americans wouldn't take advantage of it would you!

You can thank your fellow canadians for taking the thread to shit I will thank you for slapping down the racist for his comment

#1721 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No, well maybe to you because I support JJP and have replied back to troll comments that bash JJP, WOZ or TH. I don't go into Stern threads and try to stir up crap. Same with the Rob Zombie thread. I don't like the game but I would never go into the thread and start crap. Same goes for posting in TBL thread about shipping delays. That would just be rude and immature. However, I've seen you multiple times (over the past year!) troll in this thread with no interest in TH, same in WOZ threads.

Your last sentence summed up what I dislike most about both models. The pro, premium and LE all lack a main interactive toy. I don't consider a bank of drop targets a games primary interactive toy. If Stern expects people to drop $5k-$8k on a pinball machine of all things the main "toy" cannot be a stationary (or rotating...) $20 diecast car. Sure the moving ramp feature is cool but at today's NIB prices there needs to be more. Had the game had some mini interactive V8 crate motor type toy that you loaded balls into their cylinders I'm sure the game would be much more popular then it is today.
Thankfully Mustang has gotten some great code support which from what I hear has really improved the game and made it fun. I do think the game is fun to play but that it's features are what hurts its resale value.

post 28 by panzerfreak stern thread why no love for mustang

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ek77.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=ek77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.