image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And I'm really excited to finally play TH at Pintastic next week! That's where the rubber meets the road for me, my first play of a game.

Hope to meet you there!!!

Well, well, well...look who's up so early...

...and crabby.

#38 8 years ago

You know what I always say: Better late than Predator.

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thumbs down for anyone talking about how they will ignore people, just do it and don't be a bitch about it.

I'm gonna ignore people.

The Hobbit! (Still on topic!)

#80 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm gonna ignore people.
The Hobbit! (Still on topic!)

Jeez, EK...it was a joke! I've never ignored anybody (and you and I have disagreed on lots in the past). I don't even ignore trolls...those idiots make me feel like Einstein.

Now, before I get booted from this thread, is anybody here going to JJP's open house to see THE HOBBIT on the assembly line?

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm thinking about flying in for it. Are these usually in the day or evening?

Day. And bring one of those misting fan thingies...the factory gets really hot in the summer!

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Now resorting to name calling and acting like a bully? Pathetic. Stop it with the negative waves. Try being more positive and smile Happy 4th!

That's right! If you want to be a bully and name call, then come on over to the "crap on Beelzeboob" thread, where people can kick me in the nuts repeatedly guilt-free!

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from limelime20:

I'm willing to bet $100.00 that 100 games won't ship to home buyer's/pre-order's by 2015.
I will only take the first 3 bets. who's with me?

It IS 2015 now. So you win already.

So no...I'm not taking that bet.

1 month later
#210 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You have said it so well.

I taught him everything he knows.

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Unlike Congo, the theme/art/music (and code) are top notch...and therefore make an exceptional game.

I LOVE the music in Congo. Remember that Congo came out around the same period as many other games that still had that awful MIDI-sounding music. Congo has a lush orchestral track with those thumping drums. Through great speakers, I think it's one of the best-sounding games of the 90s.

Tron's techno music gets on my nerves after about 10 minutes...but only when I'm watching somebody else play. When I'm playing, I'm too busy trying not to drain on that drain monster of a game.

#258 8 years ago

Suck it, naysayers.

#288 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Even if JJP were a billion dollar company I would still contribute gratis. That's why I work in the open source community. I for one love the hobby and I do very well without needing the extra income.
Instead of being derogatory, how about thanks for assisting the community on my own time at my own expense. I know that's foreign to some but to others it makes perfect sense.

LTG's taking all your money, man!

3 months later
#738 8 years ago

Even I'M following your countdown, and I don't even care.

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Yes you do quitter!

Pintastic New England, everybody! Great show, and great fun for the whole family! July 7th, 8th, and 9th at the Sturbridge Host in Massachusetts. I'm not sure who runs this show but it's a wonderful event. You can even bring the dog!

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Don't forget you can get the Boobs autograph on your boobs at the show lol.

Man boobs only. I'm married.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The 3rd Hobbit movie Extended edition came out today!

Because it wasn't long enough. Looking on the bright side, you can watch the whole extended trilogy, and maybe the game will be out by the time you get to the end.

#853 8 years ago

Looking on the bright side, I hear Planetary is working on a remake.

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

One a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being best pin you've ever played, 1 being awful, how would you rate the pin? I think everyone agrees it looks beautiful, amazing sound and video, but how is the game play?

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

A 3 year wait for JPop/SkitB...and then get nothing in the end is sad. Waiting 3 years for a pin that will immediately be a top 20 pin (and the best ever made in the audio/visual category) is not sad at all.

Not sure about that...

#902 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don't own WOZ but play it alot here in Raleigh - it is a good pinball machine. Very sharp looking. However, I think it is possible that the hobbit could be a better pin. I think it also is dependent on the your affinity for the theme. Time will tell ... the Hobbit is looking strong to me.

I love my WOZ. The Hobbit is easily the most beautiful pin I've ever seen. But every time I played it, I could have left to make a tuna salad sandwich and returned before the ball got back to the flippers. WAY too slow for me. To each his own.

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You enjoy your WOZ and I'll enjoy my Hobbit (one day LOL). Win Win

Judging by your avatar, you will! And I love ruby slippers! (Did that come out wrong?)

#911 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Wait..Wut? I thought my Avatar was Dumbledore.

Who can tell? Same shit, different actor:

Gandalf_Dumbledore.jpgGandalf_Dumbledore.jpg

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Just kiddin' - "I am Gandalf...and Gandalf means ME!" (beyotch!)

Buddy...you can't do that to me. At my age, I think I'm having a stroke.

#927 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Today I'm merely laughing at you guys that think production is still going to start this month.......when this week is an extended holiday week.
Logic is not being applied.

Wait...are you Kirk, or Spock?

(Guy's got a point, though...)

#986 8 years ago

Coming 2014.

#1033 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

What happened to the 2016 Hobbit thread? Did it get vaporized?

Moved to off topic...the basement.

#1036 8 years ago
#1043 8 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Too late. See above. It's been deleted...

You're trying to troll me on Thanksgiving. That's some funny shit right there.

I happen to know you're smarter than that...so have a great day and a turkey leg for me!

#1044 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Let's make is a THIRD TIME!!!

I will be cancelling out any thumbs down that you get for quite some time now, since I owe you...

#1051 8 years ago

JJP is a great company and I'll continue to support them on future projects.

#1076 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I wager I can jerk off more than JJp can produce a TH to ship per day once production starts flowing. Any takers?
$200 per wager. Trophy is willing to lend me a helping hand. Who is in?

Upset about the Packers, are we?

Besides...that's not a fair wager. You're married, so I'm sure you practice every day.

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Mostly attention whores and assholes.

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

In case anybody needed an example.

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Boob I think you are the coolest dude here on Pinside.

Could you tell my wife that? She's been talking smack about me on Facebook with other Pinsiders...

...who friended her instead of me.

#1122 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

No issues here with my WOZ either.
So, out of curiosity, why do you hate JJP/Jack so much?
I honestly don't know the backstory if there is one - just seems like you are pretty bitter.

1. He doesn't really understand the rules.
2. He prefers the silver slippers from the original story.
3. He's jealous because he didn't think of such a perfect theme.
4. He's a restorer, and there's nothing to restore here: it's a perfect game.
5. In Irish, McCune means "of the bitter old coot clan."
6. He gets scared when the wizard yells, "EXTRA BALL!"
7. "There's no place like home" makes him weepy.

(I'll think of more, but those are just the ones I recall him telling me off the top of my head.)

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Thanks for the great Hobbit info - appreciate your contribution to this thread - you seem like a great guy!

(He actually is. His online persona is douchey, but he's really one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. And I'm still waiting to meet him...)

#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Did the GOT in the post have a broken pyramid? I couldn't tell because they had shut off the machine next to it to take the picture.

That's a good one, and sure to make Jimmy Mac laugh.

#1128 8 years ago

Actually, I heard a rumor that his grandmother was killed by a falling WOZ.

#1141 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My post are nothing more than interactions with people that I don't know and don't care if I ever know. If that is being a asshole , I can live with that!

You're the furthest thing from an asshole. But I'm REALLY disappointed you didn't call me one after I broke your balls. You must have me on ignore.

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's funny! Beez-boob once told me that, I am actually not grumpy at all

He's not! His avatar is really misleading. He does bust balls from time to time, though...something I never do.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

When are we going to start the 2016 Hobbit Update Thread? Should I do it or will you?

Done and done. Welcome to Beelzeboob's Basement: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread
Please keep me and Labnip company. Sometimes it gets so lonely down there.

Quoted from Skyemont:

maxresdefault.jpg

2 days left? Good luck with that. Actually, tomorrow is the deadline.

#1161 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

3151387481_5b30346860.jpg

No it's not.

#1220 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I think it's 1500, but that includes both LE and SE versions. Jack hasn't said how many SEs were ordered vs LEs.

Actually, May is right. The LE run is 1500. Jack gave preorderers the option to switch over to SE for a limited time. Nobody outside of JJP really knows how many LE orders were switched over or how many will be made (distros have quite a few that they snapped up). So LE is 1500, and SE is a big ?

#1227 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Hmm - that's different than my understanding then. When you converted from LE to SE, you kept your same LE # (i.e. The LE and SE #s were from the same pool)...unless they allow for an LE #1 and SE#1?

Correct. There are 1500 LEs, and some SE numbers will overlap. It's not 1500 minus the SE numbers.

#1229 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Ok - good to know!
So the SE badges will look something like:
#859 / 313 Total
That makes sense!

Sadly, that's absolutely correct. Don't shoot the messenger.

#1245 8 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

I have both the LE and SE and they are both number #10. Planned to put them side by side for kids to play and enjoy.

You got two of the same machine?

#1248 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I could maybe see doing this for a GOT pro and LE because they are significantly different, but what you're planning makes no sense.

Phew! I thought it was just me.

#1252 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Making children wait to play pinball is akin to child abuse.

Then somebody should call family services on me. The little f**kers aren't allowed to touch the machines if I'm out working to pay for them.

#1271 8 years ago

Whoever AH is, I wouldn't be too happy. It says "FU AH". That's not very nice.

#1287 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Why do you use over use commas?

Why do you overuse "use"?

(PS - I'm a writer, and he didn't really overuse commas.)

#1314 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Wow this post gave away who this account is . Anyone want to take a guess what other troll with multiple banned accounts said this exact thing 100 times?

Did it have to do with crazy fruit? Or is that another dickhead?

#1320 8 years ago

Hey, Ebin...your next dupe name should be Dickhead. Just call it like it is for once.

1 week later
#1359 8 years ago

That guy in the picture is saying, "Now, where does this wicked witch go, let me see..."

#1398 8 years ago
Quoted from dannunz:

Take the 4 pop ups out....make the drops stationary targets only....put a Dmd in. Bam $5k

You mean: Bam. Stern.

#1409 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. It also seems like a WOZ standard and Hobbit standard offer more then any Stern LE as well.

The Hobbit is only missing one thing that the recent Sterns have.

#1423 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Go ahead. No one bit so I'll take your setup - "So what do recent Stern games have that the Hobbit doesn't . . .?"

Play both. You tell me.

#1446 8 years ago

Don't pick a fight with Canada. What...did you think they were going to take a jab like that lying down? I don't blame them.

Anyway, it's almost time for the Hobbit 2016 thread to get bumped up from the basement, so this one might as well go down in flames.

IBTL!!!

#1448 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Pretty sure, you, in Canada, do NOT want to actually have this conversation... its inflammatory, off topic and more importantly, ungrateful...

Don't engage them. Everybody knows the only reason terrorists don't target Canada is because nobody gives a shit about that country.

#1491 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No war, just me and beelzeboob (known jackasses) trying to win the jerk of the year award from this guy. Its all good, Americans love Canada and Canadians....well lets leave it at that.

18001_10153235092788086_4056455109238693746_n.jpg

Yep. It's true. People might remember me singing Canada's praises in September when I was up there in the Rockies. Amazing country. Amazing people. And hey! They invented hockey...a sport filled with non-stop action where you only take a break to beat the shit out of somebody.

Gotta respect that.

#1492 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

No war, just me and beelzeboob (known jackasses) trying to win the jerk of the year award from this guy.

WAIT!!! Who you calling a jackass???

#1505 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Wrong. It WAS a Hobbit thread. Now it is just ... crap, I have no idea what it is. Boob, what the heck is this about now? Racism?

What're you asking me for? Somebody started on Canada. I actually defended that fine country. Then EK77 posted some pictures that look like eastern portions of NJ. I don't know what's going on. I still say this is a great way to close out the year on this thread, though!

#1507 8 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

And back on topic
what do you guys think about the playfield layout?

Shh! This is the Canada vs. US thread.

#1517 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Again you better do your homework on who is polluting the world and actually how much pollution comes out of the tar sands. Go pick on China, India and yourselves. Get the real facts. Also pretty sure if you had the third biggest crude oil reserves in the world you Americans wouldn't take advantage of it would you!

Right on, brother...

#1550 8 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Two years after ordering and an year after cancellation. Way to go Jack, welcome to yesterday.

No need to sound bitter. This should make you glad you cancelled, no? Or are you seeing them and wishing you'd stayed in?

Not trolling...I had my money in Hobbit for two years. Just wondering why you needed to post the snarkiness.

#1552 8 years ago

I don't crap on positive announcements. There's a difference. I call out obvious lies and stupidity.

Et tu, Brute???

#1579 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

I am curious if the hobbit will sell more than woz overall.

And my money's on "no." Remember how quickly WOZ sold out? The original 1500 LEs still aren't sold out yet. (And yes...I know some people switched over to an SE, but they still weren't even sold out at this time last year.)

I think a lot of people are holding on to their cash and betting on Lawlor.

#1584 8 years ago
Quoted from jungle:

Remember how quickly WOZ sold out ? I don't think this is relevant to total long-term sales. If it had been 5,000 + that would have been different. I will be amazed if the hobbit does not outsell WOZ.

Prepare to be amazed...

#1591 8 years ago
Quoted from craigj:

He seems to have missed the boat on that! Wouldn't it be funny if December 2016 they still haven't shipped any hobbits.

And by "funny", you mean...

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Jesus, I have no issue with gay people or little people, my family and friends make fun of each other and have what could be called a twisted sense of humour but its fun, this is why I don't go out to socialize anymore as most people are lame, unfunny and overly politically correct, we have lost something in recent years and this ia a clear indication of why this generation of young folk is by far the lamest in human history. I'm out.

The only part of your post that offended me was the insinuation that only gay people like WOZ.

My wife is starting to wonder about me now.

#1631 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just want everyone to get their Hobbit and for it to be a great pin. I should know by now my sense of humour is a little off and keep it to myself.

03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg

I still love you. But, of course, my sense of humor knows no bounds. I'm a guy that cracks jokes at family funerals.

#1637 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

If inside goes PC it can suck my balls, my pinballs that is. And I would gladly never come back.

If by "inside" you mean "Pinside," then +1000. (But I fear it's already too late.)

If by "inside" you mean "inside," then

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

So not a lot of new info on Hobbit just now, guys?
Can we at least try to stay on topic?
Please drop the "private" chat, particularly when in poor taste.

Hey! He started it!

We're just biding time until a) The Hobbit ships; or b) the 2016 thread gets bumped up from the basement to replace this one.

There's really not much else to discuss until either of those things happen, especially since Jack has said, in effect, that machines won't ship until sometime in January.

#1650 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really couldn't care less if the studios made $1 billion off of one film or $3 billion off of 3 films.

Fixed it for ya'!

#1653 8 years ago

Let's watch The Hobbit.

#1658 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You don't mean it!!!!

I actually enjoyed the Hobbit movies more than LOTR, which was so boring that my wife turned to me in the theater, predicted what was about to happen, went to the bathroom and concession stand, and returned to find out that she had missed nothing after 15 minutes. It was all as she had predicted. What a snoozer.

#1660 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballophobe:

I remember watching part 2 in the theatre. I literally fell asleep. It was the part where the dude was sitting on a tree and the tree was walking thru the forest.

That was EXACTLY the part I always refer to when slamming those movies. Wasn't he telling the Hobbits about when he was just a little tree or something? Couldn't believe it...

#1704 8 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

Can we get this thread back on track to Hobbit or close it and start a new one?

I got your new Hobbit thread riiiiiiight here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread

#1725 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

AFM is regarded as one of the best games ever, gets top dollar and you don't actually bounce the ball off the saucers or martians? It does not even have drop targets, just that bank of 3 that sinks.

Actually, there's a hidden drop target under the main saucer that blocks the gobble hole until you're allowed to destroy the saucer.

1 week later
#1878 8 years ago
Quoted from Expletive:

To this day I still haven't seen anything remotely approaching an adequate explanation of why the pin has been delayed to this degree.

Why do you care?

(And btw...can you PLEASE learn how to use the quotation button when referring to an earlier post? It looks like YOU are saying the things you are quoting.)

DISCLAIMER: I had a Hobbit order. I got tired of waiting (and wasn't thrilled with the gameplay). I cancelled my order. I didn't bitch and moan about it, and I don't really care if and when it comes out anymore, so I'm quiet on the topic. Meanwhile, I'm loving my GOT LE that my Hobbit bought for me.

#1880 8 years ago

(Look closely at it. You can see it moving... )

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 25.50
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.