Topic Stats

• 1,911 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Orly1_(resized).JPG
harvey_h_(resized).jpg
45a_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-03-00-57-23~01_(resized).jpg
Wwny7Pq_(resized).png
hobbit_(resized).jpg
image.png
03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#198 3 years ago

I always said, JJP should take their time to make sure that I will get a great game in the end. But to make that clear, if STERN will bring out a GOT game before The Hobbit production starts and I like what I see there, I am out of the hobbit. No matter how much I like Keith programming. The "End of next month" updates are annoying me really. It was clear to all of us that the production couldn't start early this year, but by now they should see an end and know when it starts. I have normaly no problem to wait, but they should start to tell their customers always the truth.

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from HoakyPoaky:

This is exactly why I bailed a couple months ago. Tired of vague production start dates & months of lacking communication from JJP, combined with the fact I was becoming less enthused with the theme & shot layout of TH. Coding & sound will be the saving grace of TH, but I'm glad to hear I'm not alone with the way I feel about the overall layout. Bottom line is that they took too long to bring it to market. JJP also kept raising the price of TH to make pre-order buyers feel like they're getting a great deal, but that didn't stop me from bailing either.
If Stern releases GOT this fall, there's no denying it's going to effect Hobbit sales. Ritchie's first pin in two years, with Sheets coding, and possible LCD implementation & with a highly desirable similar theme. Glad I beat the refund rush & I'm not tied down to any company right now. Gives me options & a big wad of cash to play with. I'm excited what the coming months will bring

I have no problem to wait, if I see progress in the development to make the game better. Month ago it was announced, this is the final product. Now I feel like a donkey running after the carrot. And no matter what Jack tells us, waiting isn't fun! They told us if we want a good product, we have to wait. Ok. So I will judge the final product quality when I will get the game. After this long wait I hope I will see something in return for the long wait that let me think the wait was worth it. My WoZ was good, thats why I orderd The Hobbit. But I am not a stupid donkey. If an other company will show me a carrot that I like and now that I can get it right in time. I will take that one.
As much as I hope that JJP will succeed, it's a dangerous way they are going. A production start end september means no Hobbit for most of us 2015. And I think Stern is cooking up something great to counter the hobbit.

#250 3 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

might be obvious to some, but the way this group talks. I think they either forgot, or didn't realize that pinball used to be primarily bought on the secondary market.

Try to buy a AC/DC or Tron LE.
I preorder games I think I will like. There is no chance to get one in the best version if you don't preorder it. Perhaps it's something else in the US market.
And even if I had played games on location I couldn't say if I would like them at home.
For now I have 2 Keeper. AC/DC and Metallica. I got both NIB and I am very happy with both of them. I have a WOZ and will sell it this weekend. It's an awesome game and I like everything about it, only the theme let me sell it.
I had to wait for all of these games. With the STERN games I had to wait a long time for the code to be finished. I was angry with STERN cause they gave us no info about the progress in the development of the code. Waiting isn't a bad thing if there are news of progress. But silence is an asskick for every customer who is waiting.
Now it's the same with JJP.
There are no real news! The game is finished, but production won't start.
Why don't they fill this waiting time with news about the code? The hobbit is still a mystery for me , how will it play? What is planned with the upper right flipper..........there are so many thing we all want to now here. Waiting time can be frustrating or exciting. And perhaps it is just me, but I feel the last few month are more frustrating, when the only news we get are more delays with recriminations to the suppliers.
I don't believe they are so afraid about that we would criticize every detail they announce so everybody has taken a vow of silence.
At the end of this month they have a open house at JJP. If we will hear the same old stories about the game development we heard over and over with no real news, I will give up.
Cause I think if we are so close to the finish line, so near to the production, we should hear and see way more new infos about this game. I can't remember if it was the same with WOZ.

#252 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They pointed out that there are exceptions (and TRON LE is certainly one of them). Who know's, the hobbit may be better once finished than people think now. Custom dialog, modes, and possibly other things are yet to be seen. Personally, I think the ring concept is going to be good one.

Everything about this game will be spoilered after the first few ones will be delivered in october. But most people that have preordered will get their games not until 2016. I would fill this waiting time we have now with news after news of all the great things in the game to let the customers be more excited about the game.

It's good that they make such a big secret about lawlors game. But why with the hobbit? Are they afraid STERN could steal something for their games?

#254 3 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Huh?
We arent talking about acdc or tron though, were talking about a JJP game.... Where "limited" is measured in the thousands!
For a better example, look how 'hard' it is to find a WoZ LE...... Pretty damn easy.....
Sorry, but your example fails.

ok you are right there.

2 months later
#299 3 years ago

I still think this is the SE Dragon Head.

3 weeks later
#675 3 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

lol whats the dragon saying at 1:01, I don't know why but it made me laugh. He says something like "my dreams are your dreams" or something

My wings, are a HURRICANE!!!!!!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 59.99
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Rockford, IL
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
£ 58.00
Cabinet - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods
$ 12.99
Machine - For Sale
Scottsdale, AZ
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
$ 21.00
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 25.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 27.50
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Asael.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside