image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 39.
#301 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

How many Hobbit LE's will be made? Sorry if it has already been mentioned ... hard to find it in a search. I asked in an email to the Jersey Jack Website, but did not get a reply to that question.

#302 8 years ago

Thanks ... I wonder what number they are currently on. I gotta save a little bit more before I place an order, but don't want to miss it.

#303 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

How many Hobbit LE's will be made? Sorry if it has already been mentioned ... hard to find it in a search. I asked in an email to the Jersey Jack Website, but did not get a reply to that question.

I think its 1500 for the LE and (unknown) for the SE. SE supposed to be more limited as it was only available for a short period of time.

They better start pumping these out soon or it will not matter..

#304 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I agree completely. I think about cancelling my pre-order daily. Not to buy something else necessarily, but just because I'm tired of waiting for it.

#305 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Yeah, kinda sad when a year later- showing a picture that they seem to have enough parts to build... what 150-200 is an "update"

I was really thinking there'd be a few of these in the wild by Winter.... I want to SEE/PLAY one before I commit on GOT (been leaning AWAY from TH, but not 100%), but now its feeling like its still more months before I'll come across one on location....

And, worse, the wait for Lawlor's game gets pushed our further and further....

#306 8 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I still think this is the SE Dragon Head.

Yep, it is. They wisely toned the gold down.

#307 8 years ago

And, worse, the wait for Lawyer's game gets pushed our further and further....

#308 8 years ago

I don't think the lawyer's game is pused further.
Because of the Hobbit delay the Lawyer game is almost finished.

#309 8 years ago

To be honest. If anyone was on the fence or unsure if they like the layout of The Hobbit it would make sense to wait and see JJP #3.

IMO

#310 8 years ago

There should be real news between 8pm 10 pm thursday as that is when jack is a speaker at expo

#311 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

There should be real news between 8pm 10 pm thursday as that is when jack is a speaker at expo

Yes, but that news will be likely stuff Jack SAYS. With his track record, I'm more interested in what they actually DO at this point- specifically in regards to shipping dates.

He's certainly done new and amazing things with this new platform, but its also fair to say he has nearly zero credibility when it comes to his promises about production.

#312 8 years ago

I think things have reached the point that if Jack does not give some shipping date only the hard core JJP fan will still be happy.It is the expo after that game you can't describe with out using the word cluster. People have given Jack a chance to show what he can do but I think time is up.

#313 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I think things have reached the point that if Jack does not give some shipping date only the hard core JJP fan will still be happy.It is the expo after that game you can't describe with out using the word cluster. People have given Jack a chance to show what he can do but I think time is up.

Well, history has shown the pre-payers tend to be a fairly stubborn group. Yes, they may say they are mad, and give ultimatums (and SOME do bail) by many (most?) just sit back and take it....

The lies and delays are all written off to "well, we're actually better off that Th is a year late because it will be BETTER" and thus somehow feel like JJP has done them favor..... As if they've completely discounted the possibility that JJP could delver a great game AND not lie about the delivery dates....

Some will point to GoT and say "See, THIS is what you get when you demand things on time!!!!!"

But at the end of the day, the majority will continue to wait...

#314 8 years ago

Think there's late, then there is "a year late".. Twice. Imagine would try anyones patience and make people concerned about financial viability.. Its not like being late is free.

#315 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Think there's late, then there is "a year late".. Twice. Imagine would try anyones patience and make people concerned about financial viability.. Its not like being late is free.

Well, its not as expensive for JJP.... why?

Because during this year-long "delay" they have been cranking out WoZ's at full steam...... all bringing in NEW money.

I said it 6 months ago- and maintain the same today - when there's no more WoZ's to ship/build, TH will "miraculously" be ready for assembly....

I think much of this "delay" was simply JJP maximizing the demand for WoZ and putting TH on the backburner for the new money business....

#316 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Well, its not as expensive for JJP.... why?
Because during this year-long "delay" they have been cranking out WoZ's at full steam...... all bringing in NEW money.
I said it 6 months ago- and maintain the same today - when there's no more WoZ's to ship/build, TH will "miraculously" be ready for assembly....
I think much of this "delay" was simply JJP maximizing the demand for WoZ and putting TH on the backburner for the new money business....

I very much doubt that TH was purposefully delayed in order to crank out more WoZ machines. Previously WoZ was built to order and now they have machines available for purchase and ready to ship. It makes more sense to build up a stock of completed WoZ machines between the time when orders were filled for WoZ and TH is ready to go rather than to just shut down the line and lay people off.

#317 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Actually, I don't see gold on top of his head so I assume this is the general LE/Standard edition.
I don't get putting gold on Smaug honestly.. even if I stay with the SE I would probably swap him out with this one..

I too was apprehensive at first until I saw it in person. The gold flaking ,to me, made the scales more pronounced and defined then the red version and really compliments the SE perfectly!

Quoted from Asael:

I still think this is the SE Dragon Head.

Definitely is the LE Smaug.

#318 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballBeerGuy:

I very much doubt that TH was purposefully delayed in order to crank out more WoZ machines. Previously WoZ was built to order and now they have machines available for purchase and ready to ship. It makes more sense to build up a stock of completed WoZ machines between the time when orders were filled for WoZ and TH is ready to go rather than to just shut down the line and lay people off.

Of course its a good idea to build some extra Woz for stock- but that wasn't an option until very recently... Jack mentioned several times they still had a multi-week long backlog of WoZs to build and they COULDNT build extras for "stock."

Of course its pure conjecture, but i think the timing is interesting - TH ramping up for production JUST as the backlog of WoZ is caught up.... Makes more sense then they are so disorganized that they are JUST now getting parts in? To believe that you'd have to also then believe they NEVER intended to build these games anywhere NEAR what Jack had promised.

Either way, the point is, watch what they DO, not what they say (regarding shipping).

#319 8 years ago

I think JJP is a little more anxious to get TH to at least showing like they being assembled when GOT was announced.

#320 8 years ago

The Hobbit was not at the York show. Is that because JJP is gearing up for Expo and Pat's game being shown??

#321 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Is that because JJP is gearing up for Expo and Pat's game being shown??

It was announced some time back that Pat's game wouldn't be premiered at Expo.

LTG : )

#322 8 years ago

I'm certain Pat's game won't be shown until after TH deliveries start.

#323 8 years ago

If Hobbits started rolling out of the factory this past summer, then I'd expect Pat's game to show up at Expo (that was probably the original plan).

But with ZERO delivered machines, no way JJP3 will be or should be shown.

#324 8 years ago

And what is the latest shipping update? Haven't been on the Woz google forum in quite a while.

It's going to be interesting in 2016. I think Stern is going to surprise everybody with a whole bunch of new features that the Spike system was developed for, LCD included.

I'm rethinking a few of my purchase plans and what I'm going to get rid of to thin the herd.

#325 8 years ago

Hopefully the same "When's it going to ship?" questions will not show up in a "2016 Hobbit Update Thread".

#326 8 years ago
Quoted from jadziedzic:

Hopefully the same "When's it going to ship?" questions will not show up in a "2016 Hobbit Update Thread".

Well how long was it since we heard "weeks... not months"?

#327 8 years ago

Reading all these posts make it seem like you guys are a very impatient lot. It is not like you weren't aware of the history here. I just took a THSE position so I have a stake in the game too. The games will ship when they can. It's not like they are delaying on purpose. If you are so impatient that you can't wait, you probably should only buy machines that are in front of you and for sale. Play the pins you have, go play a neighbors pin, go buy another pin, go to an expo, etc.

I went to JJP's open house and I was impressed with the games (played both WOZ and TH) and the facilities. Good things will come to those who wait. Breath. It will be OK.

Now all those who are getting one, you need to go find a Hobbit movie poster to frame up to go with the pin.

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-movie-poster-1.jpgthe-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-movie-poster-1.jpg

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Reading all these posts make it seem like you guys are a very impatient lot. It is not like you weren't aware of the history here. I just took a THSE position so I have a stake in the game too. The games will ship when they can.

A lot of people's "patience meter" is on empty for very good reason.

I got to participate "patiently" in the Woz build for 4 years and then THLE for a year until I canceled after last Expo.

You don't think its kind of funny coming from a guy that "just took a position in THSE" calling for patience.

Glad you are in and hope you enjoy, let's see how patient you are if you don't have yours this time next year.

#329 8 years ago

I'm not sure what i'm going to do but i think i need to set a date for myself. What i mean by that is, if i don't get mine by lets say June, 2016, I'm out. Don't hold me to that date, i'm still thinking.

#330 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm not sure what i'm going to do but i think i need to set a date for myself. What i mean by that is, if i don't get mine by lets say June, 2016, I'm out. Don't hold me to that date, i'm still thinking.

If I see them shipping by year end to preorder I will stay until my number is called. If they aren't shipping by year end I will cancel for sure.

EDIT: And that is 79 days - JJP's on the clock

#331 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Reading all these posts make it seem like you guys are a very impatient lot.

And yet you post an image with a December 2012 date... see the irony? Remember some were already committed to RH at this date. Talk about putting salt in the wounds.

#332 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Reading all these posts make it seem like you guys are a very impatient lot. It is not like you weren't aware of the history here. I just took a THSE position so I have a stake in the game too. The games will ship when they can. It's not like they are delaying on purpose. If you are so impatient that you can't wait, you probably should only buy machines that are in front of you and for sale. Play the pins you have, go play a neighbors pin, go buy another pin, go to an expo, etc.
I went to JJP's open house and I was impressed with the games (played both WOZ and TH) and the facilities. Good things will come to those who wait. Breath. It will be OK.
Now all those who are getting one, you need to go find a Hobbit movie poster to frame up to go with the pin.
the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-movie-poster-1.jpg

So, are you committed to wait THREE years (or longer) for your SE to be delivered?

I for sure am not and that is why I cancelled my dec2012 order. A lot can change in 3 years. Like new manufactures with new concepts that can deliver pins.

Good luck with your pin. Hope you can enjoy it soon.

#333 8 years ago

I've been on this ride since 11/28/12. I hope machines are rolling in bulk before my 3 year anniversary... I've been >< to cancelling several times.

#334 8 years ago

although nothing really will make up for the time people have been waiting that preordered, there should at least be some kind of included bonus for those that preordered since the beginning. A coupon for a few % of future purchases would atleast be nice. Just a nice way of saying thank you for your patience and sticking with JJP

#335 8 years ago
Quoted from fatality83:

although nothing really will make up for the time people have been waiting that preordered, there should at least be some kind of included bonus for those that preordered since the beginning. A coupon for a few % of future purchases would atleast be nice. Just a nice way of saying thank you for your patience and sticking with JJP

Most probably won't happen. I believe WOZ pre-order people were also promised benefits. We all know what happened there.

#336 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

So, are you committed to wait THREE years (or longer) for your SE to be delivered?
I for sure am not and that is why I cancelled my dec2012 order. A lot can change in 3 years. Like new manufactures with new concepts that can deliver pins.
Good luck with your pin. Hope you can enjoy it soon.

if you canceled your order - why are you hanging out in the update thread? Glutton for punishment? move along.

#337 8 years ago

I pre-ordered in Nov, 2012 to get an initial savings and to lock in the price. Part of the decision to pre-order was based on the belief that I could get a refund at any time if I didn't like how the game was shaping up (unless the company goes under, of course).

I may be in the minority, but it doesn't matter how long it takes as long as I get the game and it is excellent. My only concern about the delays is that they push out JJP's other projects and delay incoming revenue, making it harder to keep the business afloat.

#338 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

if you canceled your order - why are you hanging out in the update thread? Glutton for punishment? move along.

You do not decide were I hang out big boy. Another sad person has entered Pinside. Shame.

#339 8 years ago

I'm in it for the long haul as was the case with WOZ. It should be a great pin even if it took way too long - I'm a fan of pop up trolls and LCD so I'm sitting tight.

#340 8 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I'm in it for the long haul as was the case with WOZ. It should be a great pin even if it took way too long - I'm a fan of pop up trolls and LCD so I'm sitting tight.

Agree. As ridiculous the wait was for WOZ, it was ok in the end because the game is great. Hobbit looks to be great too...will hang in. Plus, $7500 shipped is a great "deal" considering the prices today. If I bailed and wanted it later it would cost me more.

#341 8 years ago

I'm thinking I'm going to be the same way with Pat's machine. I turn 40 in March 2017. I have made it well known to my wife that I want my very first NIB to be that machine (unless it's a total turd...Wrestlemania, I'm looking at you).

Figure by the time my birthday rolls around, the game will have been announced and HOPEFULLY (be gentle, I said hopefully) it will be starting production.

Fingers crossed, but I'm okay with waiting until I'm 42...43...44 if I must to get Pat's next game.

#342 8 years ago

Email update!

"
Greetings Pinball Fans,

Pinball Expo in Chicago Starts Tomorrow! The Jersey Jack Pinball Fireside Chat will take place tomorrow night at 8pm. Jack & the JJP Team including legendary Pinball Designer, Pat Lawlor will be in attendance.

We will have The Hobbit Pinball and a 75th Anniversary Wizard of Oz Pinball on Free Play in our booth as well as a Standard WOZ in the Pinball Tournament. We wanted to show off the new body armor for both The Smaug Gold Edition and Limited Edition, so one side of the Expo game will have Gold Vein Armor (Smaug Gold) and the other will have Bronze Vein Armor (LE). The correct decals will coincide with the body armor as well.

Programmers, Keith Johnson and Ted Estes continue to work diligently on Hobbit Code and will debut a new update at Pinball Expo that will include: Windlance shot mini-game, Gollum ball save mini-game, More uses of action button, More sound and music and tweaks.

We recently received a shipment of beautiful Hobbit Playfields from Mirco in Germany. We also receieved thousands of custom Hobbit Toys, Hobbit Backglass and much more! See below for some photos. "

"Above is an award clip for earning a Special in the game
Be sure to set quality to 720p HD for optimal viewing"

328f01cb-eafb-4d6f-b282-8699ec41b7ba.jpg328f01cb-eafb-4d6f-b282-8699ec41b7ba.jpg
44d54df9-1bb2-40bd-86f0-ed03e240106d.jpg44d54df9-1bb2-40bd-86f0-ed03e240106d.jpg
6a83cc16-1ae0-45c6-9a78-bf0672bcabda.jpg6a83cc16-1ae0-45c6-9a78-bf0672bcabda.jpg
df137166-0749-4377-8ac4-582a06e7fff6.jpgdf137166-0749-4377-8ac4-582a06e7fff6.jpg
97bdfc45-a9dc-4e5d-bfb7-7aaec3ac55b2.jpg97bdfc45-a9dc-4e5d-bfb7-7aaec3ac55b2.jpg

#343 8 years ago

Looking good guys - reaaaaal nice!

#344 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I cracked up at the Special video

#345 8 years ago

That's pretty special

#346 8 years ago

Is it my imagination or do the ramps look gold now?

#347 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Is it my imagination or do the ramps look gold now?

The ramps do look different

#348 8 years ago

Ramps look much better. Smoother contrast with Smaug.

It's a beauty no doubt about it.

The sound and LCD animations are amazing.

#349 8 years ago

Screw Expo, Jack...get out your screwdriver and build us some games

#350 8 years ago

He didn't mention the cabinets which you can see behind him in the pic. Excellent!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Hardware
Pinball Haven

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 25.50
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.