image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.
#1601 8 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Your running with the under-the-bridge crowd and like it. You are liking the "thumbs down". And that is really something to look in the mirror about.

What? under-the bridge crowd, no idea what that means, it must be gay, little person slang. I will say that I love the fact that you hate my LED usage, love every minute of it.

#1602 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Thank you very much and theres nothing wrong with being a hairy footed gay midget, embrace it sir.

And apparently, theres nothing wrong with being stupid. Embrace it son.

#1603 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

And apparently, theres nothing wrong with being stupid. Embrace it son.

I will, thanks again.

#1604 8 years ago

There's still about 12 days left in 2015 to get one real update in this thread.
Was the playfield art revision in 2015?

#1605 8 years ago

Lighten up man, he was joking
Don't be so uptight and willing to cry foul if someone isn't politically correct

#1606 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Don't be so uptight and willing to cry foul if someone isn't politically correct

Finally, Thank you sir.

#1607 8 years ago

It's all good. Sometimes people are just too uptight

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1608 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

Ok, so the rules now are that you can be offensive and as long as you put a smiley face after it than it's ok. And anyone that is offended by that is thin skinned? Sweet. That will make offensive behavior be socially acceptable! Thanks for the loophole...

You're right. What a joke.

#1609 8 years ago

Come here for Hobbit updates...... Talking about Stern Vs JJP.

Come here for Hobbit updates..... Talking about Canada Vs USA

Come here for Hobbit updates..... Talking about being PC.

#1610 8 years ago

Actually down south you have to say "bless his little heart " and it is ok

He's a gay dwarf lover - politically incorrect

He's a gay dwarf lover, bless he little heart. All good.

Very common to hear, he's a few bricks shy of full load, bless his little heart. In fact I hear people say that about me all the time. It just means they love mr and want to be my friend.

#1611 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Actually down south you have to say "bless his little heart " and it is ok
He's a gay dwarf lover, bless he little heart. All good.
Very common to hear, he's a few bricks shy of full load, bless his little heart. In fact I hear people say that about me all the time. It just means they love mr and want to be my friend.

Up north we just say "Pinside Smiley".

He's a gay dwarf lover, Pinside Smiley. All good.

(We all know where this is heading)

#1612 8 years ago

Worst...thread...evah.

#1613 8 years ago

Who cares what other people are saying. We should start teaching kids the old rhyme of, "Sticks and stone will break my bones but names will never hurt me." Get over it PC Police...The world is laughing at you!!!

#1614 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Who cares what other people are saying. We should start teaching kids the old rhyme of, "Sticks and stone will break my bones but names will never hurt me." Get over it PC Police...The world is laughing at you!!!

"Sticks and stones will break my bones"
"but I'll never get hurt by names alone"

fixed it for you, kind sir

#1615 8 years ago

Jesus, I have no issue with gay people or little people, my family and friends make fun of each other and have what could be called a twisted sense of humour but its fun, this is why I don't go out to socialize anymore as most people are lame, unfunny and overly politically correct, we have lost something in recent years and this ia a clear indication of why this generation of young folk is by far the lamest in human history. I'm out.

#1616 8 years ago

I assume all the off-color stuff (that appears completely unmoderated?) is just the final death-throws of this thread as its bundled-up for a trip to obscurity in the basement come 1/1/2016.

#1617 8 years ago

I'm sorry, I didn't realize you would be so easily offended by my statements.

#1618 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

He's a gay dwarf lover

Any links to videos?

#1619 8 years ago

#1620 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Jesus, I have no issue with gay people or little people, my family and friends make fun of each other and have what could be called a twisted sense of humour but its fun, this is why I don't go out to socialize anymore as most people are lame, unfunny and overly politically correct, we have lost something in recent years and this ia a clear indication of why this generation of young folk is by far the lamest in human history. I'm out.

The only part of your post that offended me was the insinuation that only gay people like WOZ.

My wife is starting to wonder about me now.

#1621 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

My wife is starting to wonder about me now.

HA! Starting, that's funny.

#1622 8 years ago

I like what I've seen of the Hobbit so far and I'm looking forward to seeing more info regarding its rules set and gameplay!

Somewhere.

#1623 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

You misinterpreted my response. I wasn't offended by your gay dwarf comment.

I was only trying to say it was stupid.

I can appreciate a good politically incorrect joke, but it should have humor.

Rationalize it any way you want, but your post was just plain dumb.

#1624 8 years ago

Who gives a shit,give me my game.
Enough crap already, in this thread.

#1625 8 years ago

That Southpark "safe space" video was pretty funny! Nicely posted and timely relevant
Good one Lordloss

#1626 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

I can appreciate a good politically incorrect joke, but it should have humor.
Rationalize it any way you want, but your post was just plain dumb.

Whats funnier than a gay dwarf with hairy feet, I can't stop, Bye.

#1627 8 years ago
Quoted from chrisjens2:

That Southpark "safe space" video was pretty funny! Nicely posted and timely relevant
Good one Lordloss

Thanks. I miss the old days of the internet where older people werent on and the masses still had to go to the library for the most part to access it.

Now everyone has it on their cell phone and they're trying to bring the political correctness bullshit to the internet. People get so offended that someone said something that goes against their beliefs or saw that posted something that is wtf.

I called someone a noob last year on facebook and it was like I had killed a kitten. People were freaking out.

#1628 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I called someone a noob last year on facebook and it was like I had killed a kitten.

Fairy actually. Every time you call someone a noob, a fairy dies.

LTG : (

#1629 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Thanks. I miss the old days of the internet where older people werent on and the masses still had to go to the library for the most part to access it.
Now everyone has it on their cell phone and they're trying to bring the political correctness bullshit to the internet. People get so offended that someone said something that goes against their beliefs or saw that posted something that is wtf.
I called someone a noob last year on facebook and it was like I had killed a kitten. People were freaking out.

This isn't the internet, it is Pinside. This is a private forum that is owned by Robin, and he sets the rules. In case you missed it, a few months back Pinside went PC. NSFW went out. The reason a completely open pinball forum doesn't work any better is people like Frank. However, if that is the type of openness and argumentative discussion you need, I'm sure he is still lurking on RGP if he is still alive. Feel free to bring your frustrations there. You can be as offensive as you want there.

#1630 8 years ago

I just want everyone to get their Hobbit and for it to be a great pin. I should know by now my sense of humour is a little off and keep it to myself.

03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg

#1631 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

I just want everyone to get their Hobbit and for it to be a great pin. I should know by now my sense of humour is a little off and keep it to myself.

03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg

I still love you. But, of course, my sense of humor knows no bounds. I'm a guy that cracks jokes at family funerals.

#1632 8 years ago

Back On Track Gameplay Video Bump

#1633 8 years ago

Back On Track Don't Be A Douchebag Bump

#1634 8 years ago

Back On Track Jack Bump

#1635 8 years ago

Back On Track Arcade Heroes Hobbit Gameplay Bump

#1636 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This isn't the internet, it is Pinside. This is a private forum that is owned by Robin, and he sets the rules. In case you missed it, a few months back Pinside went PC. NSFW went out. The reason a completely open pinball forum doesn't work any better is people like Frank. However, if that is the type of openness and argumentative discussion you need, I'm sure he is still lurking on RGP if he is still alive. Feel free to bring your frustrations there. You can be as offensive as you want there.

If inside goes PC it can suck my balls, my pinballs that is. And I would gladly never come back.

#1637 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

If inside goes PC it can suck my balls, my pinballs that is. And I would gladly never come back.

If by "inside" you mean "Pinside," then +1000. (But I fear it's already too late.)

If by "inside" you mean "inside," then

#1638 8 years ago

So not a lot of new info on Hobbit just now, guys?

Can we at least try to stay on topic?

Please drop the "private" chat, particularly when in poor taste.

#1639 8 years ago
Quoted from Chrisbee:

So not a lot of new info on Hobbit just now, guys?
Can we at least try to stay on topic?
Please drop the "private" chat, particularly when in poor taste.

Hey! He started it!

We're just biding time until a) The Hobbit ships; or b) the 2016 thread gets bumped up from the basement to replace this one.

There's really not much else to discuss until either of those things happen, especially since Jack has said, in effect, that machines won't ship until sometime in January.

#1640 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Pinside went PC. You just didn't notice because it was <edited>

(Holla like a Hobbit if you know what that last word written like that means)

#1641 8 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

image.pngimage.png

#1642 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Fairy actually. Every time you call someone a noob, a fairy dies.
LTG : (

I wish this was true. Noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob boo noob boob boobs noob noob boo noob noob noob noob. I think o just reduced the risk of aids for some people.

#1643 8 years ago
Quoted from BoozeMarlin:

Back On Track Gameplay Video Bump
» YouTube video

Love the small details, like how the targets reset in sequence, one after the other, instead of all coming up together.

#1644 8 years ago

The hobbit movies were a travesty. Trying to milk and manipulate the source work for all it was worth. Anyone who actually read the book had to laugh (or cry) at what Hackson presented on the screen. Legolas (not in the text) running up a collapsing bridge in slow motion was my personal favorite, though the competition was fierce. Sorry, couldn't stomach Hackson's egotistical interpretations.

By the way, the entire sequence of Smaug in the mountain with the molten gold was laughable and conjured out of thin air. Hence, the Smaug in the pinball game with the molten gold (?SE) is a joke.

#1645 8 years ago

Of course, many parts of the LOTR trilogy were also ridiculous, especially the Arwen/Aragorn make believe sequences. But it was less a part of the whole of the trilogy than the hobbit. To each their own.

#1646 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

By the way, the entire sequence of Smaug in the mountain with the molten gold was laughable and conjured out of thin air. Hence, the Smaug in the pinball game with the molten gold (?SE) is a joke.

Exactly. For this reason when I get the pin I will spray paint smaug the right colour. I simply cannot enjoy the pin if the talking toy on my pin isn't the same colour as the source material in an 78 year old book.

#1647 8 years ago
Quoted from srmonte:

I wish this was true. Noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob noob boo noob boob boobs noob noob boo noob noob noob noob. I think o just reduced the risk of aids for some people.

Did you take a vow of celibacy or was it a mishap with a circular saw?

#1648 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The hobbit movies were a travesty. Trying to milk and manipulate the source work for all it was worth. Anyone who actually read the book had to laugh (or cry) at what Hackson presented on the screen. Legolas (not in the text) running up a collapsing bridge in slow motion was my personal favorite, though the competition was fierce. Sorry, couldn't stomach Hackson's egotistical interpretations.

I really couldn't care less if the studios made $1 billion off of one film or $3 billion off of 3 films. 3 films, even extended editions (which I recently bought) is more Middle Earth from Peter Jackson and that's good news in my eyes. Sure some scenes were ridiculous and the films overall are certainly not as good as the LOTR films but they are still enjoyable.

Personally I think Peter Jackson got in the way of himself in the same way George Lucas did with episodes 1-3. Peter shot the original LOTR films on actual film, placed an emphasis on using miniatures, used a lot of extra's that were fully decked out in costumes for battle scenes, and used CGI to compliment the practical effects work. In the Hobbit the complete opposite occurred. The films were shot digitally using two cameras shooting in 3D at 48fps (saw each film that way, couldn't stand it), less costumed extra's were used due to CGI and overall the films had much more CGI in them compared to the LOTR films which is my opinion didn't make them as believable.

#1649 8 years ago
Quoted from bane:

The hobbit movies were a travesty

I actually liked the Hobbit movies - maybe not as much as LOTR, but I still enjoyed going back to Middle Earth for a wild ride.

Compared to most every chick flick my wife makes me watch, I'll take Hobbit please.

#1650 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I really couldn't care less if the studios made $1 billion off of one film or $3 billion off of 3 films.

Fixed it for ya'!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
Hardware
Pinball Haven

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 33 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/33 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.