image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 39.
#1101 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

It seems sir you are a troll

I think troll is way overused here. There have only been a a few trolls I have ever seen. Mostly attention whores and assholes. Of course those two types are in the vast minority here but they sure are vocal =)

#1102 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

I coulda told ya that.

#1103 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Mostly attention whores and assholes.

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

In case anybody needed an example.

#1104 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I think troll is way overused here. There have only been a a few trolls I have ever seen. Mostly attention whores and assholes.

Like that one guy who gave money away to make friends.

#1105 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

I thought the cash giveaway for hobbits delivered was pretty f***** funny.

#1106 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

I think Cheese would say I'm an "attention whore" and an "asshole". Don't care what Cheese thinks, plus that Avatar is the worst on Pinside and its not even close.

I'm really just an Ahole like you Boobie, and Jimmy of course

Actually Boobs, you are one of the best

#1107 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

You're neither. You fall in to the entertaining category.

#1108 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion,[3] often for their own amusement.

what a joke

#1109 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

I think troll is way overused here. There have only been a a few trolls I have ever seen. Mostly attention whores and assholes. Of course those two types are in the vast minority here but they sure are vocal =)

Try looking in a mirror

#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

You have a Hobbit? Enlighten us. How's your Magic Girl shooting?

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Magic Girl shooting? You obviously never got a chance to see it first hand!

It's a jpoop creation. How do you think it's shooting............. like shit!!!!!

QSS

#1111 8 years ago

Is there a possibility that we could get back on topic? Perhaps it could be considered disappointing when these threads deviate substantially from the core issue. It is fun and educational to visit these threads when new and interesting information is shared. But when the incessant cat fighting ensues, the results could be interpreted as potentially unfortunate or possibly even substandard. We all appreciate and value the the GAME of pinball, but maybe, we do not all value the vissisitudes of the Pinside Forum milieu.

#1112 8 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Is there a possibility that we could get back on topic? Perhaps it could be considered disappointing when these threads deviate substantially from the core issue. It is fun and educational to visit these threads when new and interesting information is shared. But when the incessant cat fighting ensues, the results could be interpreted as potentially unfortunate or possibly even substandard. We all appreciate and value the the GAME of pinball, but maybe, we do not all value the vissisitudes of the Pinside Forum milieu.

Quoted for truth.

#1113 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Kaneda=Attention Whore
Me=Asshole

Boob I think you are the coolest dude here on Pinside.

#1114 8 years ago
Quoted from wolftownjeff:

Boob I think you are the coolest dude here on Pinside.

Could you tell my wife that? She's been talking smack about me on Facebook with other Pinsiders...

...who friended her instead of me.

#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Quoted for truth.

What does that mean ?

#1116 8 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

Is there a possibility that we could get back on topic? .

Let's face it-

This thread has been offtopic for most of the last 10 months. After the first post, there's been maybe 12 posts that were actual "updates" - the other ~1000? Offtopic.

When it takes 3+ years to start manufacturing on a machine, unless you lock the thread and reopen it for occasional actual news, there's no way it stays on the rails.

#1117 8 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

Roger shaved his mustache

Man, I am getting old...

I wish all those who pre-ordered the "Buena fortuna".
Suspense continues to build to see if it was worth the wait.
Perhaps the waiting will not be as long as some for WoZ (or still are...)

PinSide, the land of colorful commentary, and lack of meaningful content.
Its like watching a B-movie in a drive in, but no free buttered popcorn just something else.

#1118 8 years ago
Quoted from Lotr-Hobbit:

If you're going to use big words that no one uses, especially on pinside, spell them correctly.

#1119 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

i own my woz and no issues thus far.

That may be true for you but you are only one! I bet these guys wish they had luck like you .

https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/posts/10153739900854244:0

#1120 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

That may be true for you but you are only one! I bet these guys wish they had luck like you .

No issues here with my WOZ either.

So, out of curiosity, why do you hate JJP/Jack so much?

I honestly don't know the backstory if there is one - just seems like you are pretty bitter.

#1121 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Thanks for the great Hobbit info - appreciate your contribution to this thread - you seem like a great guy!

#1122 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I honestly don't know the backstory if there is one - just seems like you are pretty bitter.

1. He doesn't really understand the rules.
2. He prefers the silver slippers from the original story.
3. He's jealous because he didn't think of such a perfect theme.
4. He's a restorer, and there's nothing to restore here: it's a perfect game.
5. In Irish, McCune means "of the bitter old coot clan."
6. He gets scared when the wizard yells, "EXTRA BALL!"
7. "There's no place like home" makes him weepy.

(I'll think of more, but those are just the ones I recall him telling me off the top of my head.)

#1123 8 years ago
Quoted from mountaingamer:

Thanks for the great Hobbit info - appreciate your contribution to this thread - you seem like a great guy!

(He actually is. His online persona is douchey, but he's really one of the nicest guys you'd ever want to meet. And I'm still waiting to meet him...)

#1124 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Did the GOT in the post have a broken pyramid? I couldn't tell because they had shut off the machine next to it to take the picture.

#1125 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Did the GOT in the post have a broken pyramid? I couldn't tell because they had shut off the machine next to it to take the picture.

That's a good one, and sure to make Jimmy Mac laugh.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1126 8 years ago

My WOZ has been rock solid , 2000 games deep ... I do feel for those who have not been as fortunate and I personally know one .

#1127 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

I would like to know as well. Really comes across as an ahole about JJP - but he may not be.

#1128 8 years ago

Actually, I heard a rumor that his grandmother was killed by a falling WOZ.

#1129 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Ah ok...that explains it

I can't really say what I want to say about him, as I don't want to get kicked from the thread.

#1130 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Why does a counter point make me hate JJP or Jack ? Do the only people that like JJP only bash Stern ?

I don't get why you would say I hate anything for providing a simple picture?

I really don't care what happens to any pinball manufacture, they could make a billion dollars and I still don't care.

My comments really don't have anything to do with any manufacture! My post are nothing more than interactions with people that I don't know and don't care if I ever know. If that is being a asshole , I can live with that!

#1131 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Possible.
A falling Hobbit would be impossible or an urban legend.

(non-existent)

#1132 8 years ago

I love the look and solidness of WOZ. That's why I bought one. I don't know why we can't criticize certain aspects of games or pinball companies without getting attacked. I have had issues with every pinball machine I have ever owned. Hobbit looks great. Can't wait to play it, and hopefully it's not incredibly boring like WOZ is.

#1133 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Why does a counter point make me hate JJP or Jack ? Do the only people that like JJP only bash Stern ?
I don't get why you would say I hate anything for providing a simple picture?
I really don't care what happens to any pinball manufacture, they could make a billion dollars and I still don't care.
My comments really don't have anything to do with any manufacture! My post are nothing more than interactions with people that I don't know and don't care if I ever know. If that is being a asshole , I can live with that!

I wasn't specifically referring to that one post - it just seems like you are always negative in the JJP threads. I didn't know if there was a backstory...but I'll infer from your answer that you wish Jack/JJP all the best.

#1134 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

but I'll infer from your answer that you wish Jack/JJP all the best.

I get it ... McCune is misunderstood and wishes JJP the best. At least that is cleared up now. Let's move on.

#1135 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Can't wait to play it, and hopefully it's not incredibly boring like WOZ is.

TSPP, LOTR, WoZ...
Every Keith Johnson pinball is boring as hell if you don't know how to play it!

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

TSPP, LOTR, WoZ...
Every Keith Johnson pinball is boring as hell if you don't know how to play it!

LOTR is not boring. TSPP was my first NIB. Keith saved TSPP with his coding, but there was no saving Balcers WOZ layout. Keith didn't have much to work with there. Hopefully he can save Hobbit and its fishtails ramps. And I know how to play the game of pinball.

Edit- With the wide open out lanes cradling during multi balls is a must.

#1137 8 years ago

OOOOOOHHHHH yes it is!

#1138 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

LOTR is not boring. TSPP was my first NIB. Keith saved TSPP with his coding, but there was no saving Balcers WOZ layout. Keith didn't have much to work with there. Hopefully he can save Hobbit and its fishtails ramps. And I know how to play the game of pinball.

According to Keith, it's code, not the layout that makes a great game.

You say Keith's code saved TSPP but his code couldn't save Woz's layout. You are suggesting layout is ultimately more important than code. This would contradict Keith's comments in a recent interview regarding layout vs rules. His coding for Woz's rules is deeper, more intricate, and more detailed than either LOTR and TSPP.

"Johnson: Lord of the Rings, which I programmed, is considered by many to be one of the best games, if not the best game ever made.

Honestly, the play field is a normal, simple fan play field. A fan play field is a game with only two flippers at the bottom of the play field, and a spray of shots laid out left to right with posts in between them...It was a great total package with an extremely hackneyed base play-field concept. "

The entire interview can be found at the link below:

http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/08/jersey-jacks-pinball-wizards-dissect-the-state-of-their-beloved-games/3/

#1139 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

but there was no saving Balcers WOZ layout. Keith didn't have much to work with there.

It's all a matter of personal opinion so there isn't much point in arguing I guess. However there are heaps of interest shots on WOZ. Behind the flipper. The entire left upper Pf. Left orbit through the Pops. Left and right VUK... All challenging. I mean I would understand if you said you didn't like rainbow lights or something. But if WoZ can be boring then anything can be.

#1140 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Edit- With the wide open out lanes cradling during multi balls is a must.

'but there was no saving Balcers WOZ layout"...your opinion. For others WOZ, it's code, sound and features / toys are amazing. There's a reason its one of the best earners on location and enjoyed by many. There's just no other game out there like it.

#1141 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My post are nothing more than interactions with people that I don't know and don't care if I ever know. If that is being a asshole , I can live with that!

You're the furthest thing from an asshole. But I'm REALLY disappointed you didn't call me one after I broke your balls. You must have me on ignore.

#1142 8 years ago

Did he ^^ say something

I keed...

#1143 8 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I love the look and solidness of WOZ. That's why I bought one. I don't know why we can't criticize certain aspects of games or pinball companies without getting attacked. I have had issues with every pinball machine I have ever owned. Hobbit looks great. Can't wait to play it, and hopefully it's not incredibly boring like WOZ is.

Shame on you Panzer threads are for fanboys only

#1144 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I am not a troll, I am a person with a great job that can afford nice things. I am one of the biggest collectors in the northeast, mostly arcade games. my last 2 nib stern were god aweful. for me they are a pos that should not have left the factory at 16000 usd.
I vote with my wallet and I refuse to buy any more sterns till I am faithful I can get a good product for that money. I hope that heighway and jjp can put out a good product cause for now I am done buying nib sterns. but like you say if getting fucked over by stern makes me a troll, then I am the biggest fucking troll ever.

#1145 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Since you want to drag Stern into this positive Hobbit discussion, I will just say that I had more issues with my WOZ than all my sterns combined

even your avatar is a grump!

#1146 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

According to Keith, it's code, not the layout that makes a great game.
You say Keith's code saved TSPP but his code couldn't save Woz's layout. You are suggesting layout is ultimately more important than code. This would contradict Keith's comments in a recent interview regarding layout vs rules. His coding for Woz's rules is deeper, more intricate, and more detailed than either LOTR and TSPP.
"Johnson: Lord of the Rings, which I programmed, is considered by many to be one of the best games, if not the best game ever made.
Honestly, the play field is a normal, simple fan play field. A fan play field is a game with only two flippers at the bottom of the play field, and a spray of shots laid out left to right with posts in between them...It was a great total package with an extremely hackneyed base play-field concept. "
The entire interview can be found at the link below:
http://venturebeat.com/2015/11/08/jersey-jacks-pinball-wizards-dissect-the-state-of-their-beloved-games/3/

A good game is a great balance of software and layout. TSPP, good layout. I didn't like the balance of the software. Meh. Batman dark night, not a good play field, good software. Meh. LOTR, great layout great software. I think a great game has both. MM, great layout and software.

#1147 8 years ago

maxresdefault.jpgmaxresdefault.jpg

#1148 8 years ago

When are we going to start the 2016 Hobbit Update Thread? Should I do it or will you?

#1149 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

even your Avatar is a grump!

That's funny! Beezleboob once told me that, I am actually not grumpy at all

#1150 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

That's funny! Beez-boob once told me that, I am actually not grumpy at all

He's not! His avatar is really misleading. He does bust balls from time to time, though...something I never do.

Quoted from thedarkknight77:

When are we going to start the 2016 Hobbit Update Thread? Should I do it or will you?

Done and done. Welcome to Beelzeboob's Basement: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2016-hobbit-update-thread
Please keep me and Labnip company. Sometimes it gets so lonely down there.

Quoted from Skyemont:

maxresdefault.jpg

2 days left? Good luck with that. Actually, tomorrow is the deadline.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
9,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pittsburgh, PA
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Cedar City, UT
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.