Topic Stats

• 1,911 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Orly1_(resized).JPG
harvey_h_(resized).jpg
45a_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-03-00-57-23~01_(resized).jpg
Wwny7Pq_(resized).png
hobbit_(resized).jpg
image.png
03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 39.
#1001 3 years ago

When the hobbit ships I don't know if I will be happier that I actually get the machine or that the JJP trolls will go silent. I like seeing the updates and discussing the pin, but god the dead horse beating on the delay is getting soooo old.

I know, I am going to have to just start the ignore feature up.

#1002 3 years ago

Next week is gonna be fun !

#1003 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Next week is gonna be fun !

You gonna tell us about a fictional line startup date? Like your last two insider info wrong dates?

#1004 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You gonna tell us about a fictional line startup date? Like your last two insider info wrong dates?

Production started last week while Jack was at IAAPA. Did you miss the video that was posted ?

#1005 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Production started last week while Jack was at IAAPA. Did you miss the video that was posted ?
» YouTube video

So 40-50 machines should be coming off the line each week? That's production. Good if that's true and not another false promise.

#1006 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

» YouTube video

"Our Cabinet Division is underway! These cabinets are complete and are eagerly awaiting Hobbit Decals. Lots of Hobbit Production photos and updates will be provided in the coming weeks. It's happening!"

This sounds like they're prepping parts that should have been prepped months ago. Show me pics of playfields being populated and games being tested.

#1007 3 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

So 40-50 machines should be coming off the line each week? That's production. Good if that's true and not another false promise.

I agree, if they can get 40 out a week that will make a good amount of people happy.

Just goes to show, that if Jjp is having issues sourcing parts, how crappy the US has become in the fabricating industry. Wood/metal shop classes taught in hi schools is at a low right now, I think the guy from cheers did a documentary on that a few years ago.

#1008 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

"Our Cabinet Division is underway! These cabinets are complete and are eagerly awaiting Hobbit Decals. Lots of Hobbit Production photos and updates will be provided in the coming weeks. It's happening!"
This sounds like they're prepping parts that should have been prepped months ago. Show me pics of playfields being populated and games being tested.

Hey man, JJP is doing something positive. Don't be a Debbie Downer ...

#1009 3 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

Its all he knows.

He is still trying to find his MGC after party ticket from last year.

#1010 3 years ago
Quoted from stretch2:

I want the line started up as much as everyone else does, but some things could have been done a long time ago. thats not pessimistic, its called getting ahead

#1011 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I want the line started up as much as everyone else does, but some things could have been done a long time ago. thats not pessimistic, its called getting ahead

Why don't you put her in charge.

Lordless put down

#1012 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

When the hobbit ships I don't know if I will be happier that I actually get the machine or that the JJP trolls will go silent. I like seeing the updates and discussing the pin, but god the dead horse beating on the delay is getting soooo old.

Lol. If you think shipping machines will silence the trolls you need to go back and read the WOZ threads.

#1013 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

There was no getting ahead while JJP was out of money.

Now that financing has come in, JJP can get started ordering parts and building sub assemblies.

I'm not counting on seeing my game until this time next year. Anyone who thinks they are getting theirs anytime soon is being unrealistic.

#1014 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was no getting ahead while JJP was out of money.
Now that financing has come in, JJP can get started ordering parts and building sub assemblies.
I'm not counting on seeing my game until this time next year. Anyone who thinks they are getting theirs anytime soon is being unrealistic.

You'll probably see one or two games shipped to certain people, like mnpinball, so they can say users have machines. I'm not sure you should expect much more though.

#1015 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I agree, if they can get 40 out a week that will make a good amount of people happy.
Just goes to show, that if Jjp is having issues sourcing parts, how crappy the US has become in the fabricating industry. Wood/metal shop classes taught in hi schools is at a low right now, I think the guy from cheers did a documentary on that a few years ago.

Lots of "kids" can draw parts in solid works , VERY few people in the same age group or location can make anything*

*Biased opinion from a +50 Toolmaker and over three decades in manufacturing.

#1016 3 years ago

Ok, something to be really thankful for. Talked to Jen last week, she said I'll have mine in December - I'm an early order on day 1. I realize several distributors have large day 1 orders too (pin-star) but I expect I'm one of the first 50.

Has anyone else gotten a "have your game in December" response?

#1017 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Ok, something to be really thankful for. Talked to Jeb last week, she said I'll have thse in December - I'm an early order on day 1. I realize several distributors have large day 1 orders too (pin-star) but I expect I'm one of the first 50.
Has anyone else gotten a "have your game in December" response?

Calling Vid, Vid1900?

#1018 3 years ago
Quoted from cal50:

Lots of "kids" can draw parts in solid works , VERY few people in the same age group or location can make anything*
*Biased opinion from a +50 Toolmaker and over three decades in manufacturing.

We made parts in the classes I took, even made molds for foundry work.

The mechanical drawing class I took was all paper though

#1019 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

we made paper animals

#1020 3 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

You'll probably see one or two games shipped to certain people, like mnpinball, so they can say users have machines. I'm not sure you should expect much more though.

From what we saw in the past, 'new money' games are shipped earliest.

Pre-paid are liabilities to be covered 'later'.

#1021 3 years ago
Quoted from scott_freeman:

From what we saw in the past, 'new money' games are shipped earliest.
Pre-paid are liabilities to be covered 'later'.

But to be fair, remember it's "for the good of pinball".

#1022 3 years ago
Quoted from juanton:

Lol. If you think shipping machines will silence the trolls you need to go back and read the WOZ threads.

Read my mind. I'm glad people are finally going to get their Hobbits. I dropped out a year ago.

I'm still mentally scarred from all those Woz threads

Actually, I was that way long before

#1023 3 years ago

I can't wait for the new gameroom lineup pics. Two JJP games in a row will be a great sight.

#1024 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

remember it's "for the good of pinball"

#1025 3 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Nice way to set a mark JJP never claimed to be able to achieve at the start of production, so that you can later say they lied when they miss it.

Edit: They have enough trouble making timelines and quotas they set, let alone ones that people fabricate for them.

#1026 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I hated mechanical drawing but teaching the fundamentals and actually doing them is a lost form today.
A "T" square is not an app or calculator button.

#1027 3 years ago

If production starts in earnest in Jan, Aust is expecting 66 machines to arrive by end of March. Jack owes Wayne a favour for supporting JJP when they needed some $ early on. A sample should be here sooner as well.

#1028 3 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Ok, something to be really thankful for. Talked to Jeb last week

You talked to Jeb about your Hobbit Pinball order? I'd imagine this was the look on his face when you called.....

102414251-RTR4O8YM.530x298.jpg

#1029 3 years ago

What happened to the 2016 Hobbit thread? Did it get vaporized?

#1030 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

It was created to simply troll and be a joke, it shouldn't exist. It would be fine if it was created to actually have meaningful conversations in and share updates but that wasn't the case.

#1031 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was created to simply troll and be a joke, it shouldn't exist. It would be fine if it was created to actually have meaningful conversations in and share updates but that wasn't the case.

That's funny as 2016 is a far more accurate title then Hobbit update

#1032 3 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving fellow patient waiters!

#1033 3 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Moved to off topic...the basement.

#1034 3 years ago

2016 thread deleted. LOL. Trolls suck

#1035 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

2016 thread deleted. LOL. Trolls suck

Why was it deleted?? By the time i get mine it will be 2017!! I remember production was starting this summer, then the fall, then winter, now 2016.

#1036 3 years ago
#1037 3 years ago

Let's make is a THIRD TIME!!!

#1038 3 years ago

keep the 2016 thread open, were gonna be hanging there very soon!

#1039 3 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

keep the 2016 thread open, were gonna be hanging there very soon!

Too late. See above. It's been deleted...

#1040 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

No. I'm sorry to inform you no, the trolls will not be stopping after you get your game. Some folks have a boner for anything JJP, and it doesn't go away even after Jack delivers. I can't explain it, but as a WOZ owner, it amazed me. All they have to do is see the yellow thread icon with JJP in it and they come running to bash. If there is no current theme they are on, it is something that happened 5 years ago. They will always have something to complain about. You know them all. You see them constantly in these threads. Just watch.

#1042 3 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

No. I'm sorry to inform you no, the trolls will not be stopping after you get your game. Some folks have a boner for anything JJP, and it doesn't go away even after Jack delivers. I can't explain it, but as a WOZ owner, it amazed me. All they have to do is see the yellow thread icon with JJP in it and they come running to bash. If there is no current theme they are on, it is something that happened 5 years ago. They will always have something to complain about. You know them all. You see them constantly in these threads. Just watch.

someone has a boner for JJP.

#1043 3 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Too late. See above. It's been deleted...

You're trying to troll me on Thanksgiving. That's some funny shit right there.

I happen to know you're smarter than that...so have a great day and a turkey leg for me!

#1044 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Let's make is a THIRD TIME!!!

I will be cancelling out any thumbs down that you get for quite some time now, since I owe you...

#1045 3 years ago

the wait is over they are shipping Hobbits now, starts slow but production will speed up soon.
Tread can closed now and start a new tread , how does it play.

#1046 3 years ago

Deck the halls with bows of holly and start next years update thread......

#1047 3 years ago
Quoted from Shoot_Again:

Deck the halls with bows of holly and start next years update thread......

"I got shoes, they're made of plywood..."

#1048 3 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

have a great day and a turkey leg for me

; )
HTD!

#1049 3 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

someone has a boner for JJP.

and someone can only ever complain about them! There's nothing wrong with being a JJP supporter, enjoying WOZ, being excited to play The Hobbit, etc. It's Thanksgiving, stop bitc*ing about JJP for once.

#1050 3 years ago

The JJP bashing is getting old. Launching a product is hard. Building a company is hard. The odds are not in favor of any new enterprise or venture. Having someone take on the market leader and pushing the envelope of what pinball is today is an amazingly risky proposition!

I for one am thankful that JJP is doing what they are doing. I am compassionate about their needs to fulfill the promise to their customers while creating a company that can provide for all its employees! Good luck and godspeed!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 8,500.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,599 (OBO)
$ 62.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Des Moines, IA
$ 50.00
$ 21.00
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside