image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 39.
#951 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

yikes.... that drops his math from 5.73 games day to ~3.7 games/day.

Surprised it's even 3.7 / day. It felt slower than that, but the math adds up.

#952 8 years ago

7large.gif7large.gif

#953 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Surprised it's even 3.7 / day. It felt slower than that, but the math adds up.

Probably because it wasn't a straight line number....

When everyone was waiting on their WoZ's, they were cranking out 1-2/day
This last year, when most the pre orderers were happy, they were probably up to 6/day

or something like that like that....

#954 8 years ago

I know a guy who got his Ruby Red WOZ in March of 2014.

#955 8 years ago

Yeah, I didn't google it, but took a rough guesstimate. Like lowepg said, I think they'll be better off this time around, and get more out the door quicker. It was just a rough math exercise.

#956 8 years ago

when I cant sleep at night I come to this thread, it just makes me exhausted! I will add that if they build new orders before preorders because of the cash influx that would be very wrong.

#957 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I know a guy who got his Ruby Red WOZ in March of 2014.

Time to move on. Lessons learned but time to move on.

#958 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Time to move on. Lessons learned but time to move on.

I know it really burns you DC, he got his RRWOZ before you got your ECWOZLE. LOL

#959 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I know it really burns you DC, he got his RRWOZ before you got your ECWOZLE. LOL

You just don't get it. You are blinded by hate. Most of us have moved on. I learned my lesson to not pre-order anything ever again. I still have my WOZ but don't have Avengers. Stern failed me with lack of code updates. JJP only disappointed me in the timeline but the game is great and code supported.
I still enjoy playing Avengers but not to own in a small collection as long as it has the bonus rape coding that Ropp put in the game.

#960 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

You just don't get it. You are blinded by hate. Most of us have moved on. I learned my lesson to not pre-order anything ever again. I still have my WOZ but don't have Avengers. Stern failed me with lack of code updates. JJP only disappointed me in the timeline but the game is great and code supported.
I still enjoy playing Avengers but not to own in a small collection as long as it has the bonus rape coding that Ropp put in the game.

But that new Avenger code should be here any day now

#961 8 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

LMAO ! I get it! It is Sterns fault...

#962 8 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

LMAO ! I get it! It is Sterns fault...

I think it is more along the lines of nobody gives a sh*t anymore.

#963 8 years ago

Is anyone switching to Rad-Cals? Yes? No? Why? Just curious since I'm pondering this upgrade at the moment. Thanks!

#964 8 years ago

i have a few clients that are. the guys that are putting the games out on route are for sure, then there are a couple of collectors that like the shiny look. personally i am not because my hobbit will probably be sandwiched in between two other games so you will not see the cabinet art.

#965 8 years ago

Our Cabinet Division is underway! These cabinets are complete and are eagerly awaiting Hobbit Decals. Lots of... https://t.co/5aDqa06zPh

#966 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

But that new Avenger code should be here any day now

New Avengers code is up:

Code: Thor flasher now works.

#967 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Our Cabinet Division is underway! These cabinets are complete and are eagerly awaiting Hobbit Decals. Lots of... https://t.co/5aDqa06zPh

...and so production begins. Congrats JJP - hopefully the fully built games will start coming next month!

#968 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

Well, slow progress, but progress nonetheless. Thanks for posting. It's good to see the line finally starting to make headway. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product. Go JJP Go !

#969 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

...and so production begins. Congrats JJP - hopefully the fully built games will start coming next month!

I wouldn't call that production.

#970 8 years ago

This news is better than nothing.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image_1.jpegimage_1.jpeg

image_2.jpegimage_2.jpeg

#971 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I would...if they are assembling sub-components, decaling cabinets for the purpose of SHIPPING TO CUSTOMERS then yes - I call that production. Getting a PF going down a line is one part of the production process. I agree they are going slow on the build. But if they are doing the previously mentioned activities they are in production in my book.

EDIT: The 'text book' definition - and I hate saying that

Production in manufacturing is defined as:

Mechanical steps used to create an object, usually repeated to create multiple units of the same item. Generally involves the use of raw materials, machinery and manpower to create a product.

They have started production guys...simple as that.

#972 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I would...if they are assembling sub-components, decaling cabinets for the purpose of SHIPPING TO CUSTOMERS then yes - I call that production. Getting a PF going down a line is one part of the production process. I agree they are going slow on the build. But if they are doing the previously mentioned activities they are in production in my book.

It's just more parts, like what he's been showing off for month.

To each his own. I understand the need for some good news.

#973 8 years ago

To each his own. I understand the need for some good news.

Just calling it like I see it. I don't need good or bad news - just what is happening on the floor

I don't know how long it will take to have a completed production pin ready to ship - but it appears that they have started that process.

#974 8 years ago

Using your definition, "production" started 6 months ago when they put a bolt on a dragon head....

As I said before... with all the shenanigans on timelines here, "production starting" is pretty useless.

First pin rolling off the shipping dock is the next "red letter day" for JJP.

Feels like its getting closer though.... so thats good!

Bring on Lawlor!

#975 8 years ago

Looks like he's going to kick out a few machines to try and calm the masses.

#976 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Bring on Lawlor!

#977 8 years ago

... cabinets... couldn't they have started those back in 2013? It's not like he's changed the formfactor or art since the first reveal.

#978 8 years ago

Not so easy to store 1500 cabinets, or even a couple of hundred. If anything, that is one piece of the kit that has to be "just on time" or you would have to have a huge warehouse to store them.

#979 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

... cabinets... couldn't they have started those back in 2013? It's not like he's changed the formfactor or art since the first reveal.

Having partial inventory in a business is a huge waste of cash.

#980 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

Not so easy to store 1500 cabinets, or even a couple of hundred. If anything, that is one piece of the kit that has to be "just on time" or you would have to have a huge warehouse to store them.

Jack posted a pic of cab with decal on oct 14 I think the new pic is as much for show as anything

12074977_1063829446968984_8956001554032416455_n.jpg12074977_1063829446968984_8956001554032416455_n.jpg

#981 8 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Having partial inventory in a business is a huge waste of cash.

Let's just say nothing JJP has done seems to be the best use of cash. Building 10boards at a time is ALOT more expensive then 1000s.
Just saying that this feels like more of the "we're scraping some cash to pay vendors to build more handfuls of parts so we can build a handful number of machines. "
I've seen no behavior changes that makes me think that JJP cares to build a reasonable number of machines this year.

#982 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

Let's just say nothing JJP has done seems to be the best use of cash. Building 10boards at a time is ALOT more expensive then 1000s.
Just saying that this feels like more of the "we're scraping some cash to pay vendors to build more handfuls of parts so we can build a handful number of machines. "
I've seen no behavior changes that makes me think that JJP cares to build a reasonable number of machines this year.

Cash isn't the issue now. I believe Jack is trying to build up his stock of WOZs as it doesn't appear they are going to run two lines. I think the Hobbits will be produced at a good pace once he commits to it fully. My guess is that will happen mid Jan once the holidays are over - but I'd love to be proven wrong and have them start earlier.

#983 8 years ago

Cash is always an issue but that is a good point about wanting to build up stock of Woz to meet future demand. Also, to take in cash from future sales of Woz because when they switch the line to Hobbits the company will bring in much less cash due to all the prepays.

#984 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Cash isn't the issue now. I believe Jack is trying to build up his stock of WOZs as it doesn't appear they are going to run two lines. I think the Hobbits will be produced at a good pace once he commits to it fully. My guess is that will happen mid Jan once the holidays are over - but I'd love to be proven wrong and have them start earlier.

Is there any proof of this. I don't think we've seen any. Looks like the last batch of woz machines shipped a month ago was just that.

#985 8 years ago
Quoted from Zitt:

cab art has changed.

hobbit_1.jpghobbit_1.jpg

hobbit2.jpghobbit2.jpg

#986 8 years ago

Coming 2014.

#987 8 years ago

Can't wait!!!!!!! 2014 sounds like a promising year.

#988 8 years ago

Oh the irony of THAT image being used to prove the point!

#989 8 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

Looks like he's going to kick out a few machines to try and calm the masses.

Yeah but none are going to customers just distributors. He wants distributors to have one on their showroom floor to show walkin customers. This is the TRUTH!!

#990 8 years ago

Any wagers going on?

#991 8 years ago

That's what she said

#992 8 years ago

I agree, I think the picture was an attempt to calm the waters. The people in the picture, could just be posing. You don't see the art work being applied or anything. Those cabinets could be WOZ's too couldn't they. Or is there something about them that differs between WOZ and the hobbit?

#993 8 years ago

5-Days-Left.jpg5-Days-Left.jpg

#994 8 years ago

You have till X-mas!

#995 8 years ago
Quoted from Imeh:

You have till X-mas!

#996 8 years ago

kirk.gifkirk.gif

#997 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

That's what she said

She said that?

#998 8 years ago

I just wish Jack would stop posing for photos. The only photo people want to see him posing in front of is a FINISHED about TO SHIP pin. Cargument coming!!!!!

In the auto industry, we celebrate the first car MADE. We don't take photos with each part as it comes in smiling...especially if that car is delayed and people are pissed.

Just saying Jack...nobody doubts these will eventually get made...stop celebrating parts and start building pins!

#999 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Yeah but none are going to customers just distributors. He wants distributors to have one on their showroom floor to show walkin customers. This is the TRUTH!!

Really ?

#1000 8 years ago

You'll get over it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Leesburg, VA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.