Topic Stats

• 1,911 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Orly1_(resized).JPG
harvey_h_(resized).jpg
45a_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-03-00-57-23~01_(resized).jpg
Wwny7Pq_(resized).png
hobbit_(resized).jpg
image.png
03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 39.
#51 4 years ago

Reporting all negative posts now? Man, I remember high school.

#52 4 years ago

And another one flies off the rails. Thanks for trying Panzer.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

Yet will be the first to say keep it positive

It was your "after that only pin shows news" comment you added on the end. It may have been taken as a jab as you have made many in past JJP threads. I'm just tired of the same old people being rude in JJP threads. Criticism is one thing but trolling it another. I won't report you (wasn't able to as my cell signal was bad) but I will put you on ignore along with the other usual JJP bashers.

#54 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And another one flies off the rails. Thanks for trying Panzer.

I'm just finally putting them on ignore. Let them argue between themselves, haha.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

My point is that I am being POSITIVE !

Sorry I took it the wrong way.

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It was your "after that only pin shows news" comment you added on the end. It may have been taken as a jab as you have made many in past JJP threads. I'm just tired of the same old people being rude in JJP threads. Criticism is one thing but trolling it another. I won't report you (wasn't able to as my cell signal was bad) but I will put you on ignore along with the other usual JJP bashers.

I Googled Hobbit news a week back to see what there was I may have missed.I found the same you did plus feb 15 the rest was show news.If you want to say eight months and show news fine I say 4 months and show news.

#57 4 years ago

Trolls win again.

Thread drain.

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

Trolls win again.
Thread drain.

The internet is super hard to get the hang of. Don't worry ,unicorns and rainbow are just around the corner.

#59 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

The internet is super hard to get the hang of. Don't worry ,unicorns and rainbow are just around the corner.

No, you're a good teacher Jim. Find something people enjoy, then swoop in and take a stinking shit on it. Then sit back and watch the fun? Good job. Thanks for participating.

#60 4 years ago

Life must suck if all u do is troll

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Find something people enjoy, then swoop in and take a stinking shit on it

I remember those days all to well ! Funny, the guys can dish it out but cant' take it ! I think it was something like AC/DC vs WOZ , them woz guys were nasty !

#62 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

I remember those days all to well ! Funny, the guys can dish it out but cant' take it ! I think it was something like AC/DC vs WOZ , them woz guys were nasty !

Actually I like both of those games. And that doesn't explain why you're here. Why come into this thread start trolling? (And yes, that start was trolling). Why are you keeping up the rancor of a perceived fight ages ago? Do you have a need to keep arguing about manufacturers? What is your deal Jim? Why bother going into a JJP thread? I doubt it's your interest in the topic. It's about what you can stir up here. Good job, you derailed it within a page. All of Pinside is better with what you have added here. Enjoy the smell.

#63 4 years ago

Jesus H Christ McCune put a sock in it. And take your entourage with you.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Actually I like both of those games. And that doesn't explain why you're here. Why come into this thread start trolling? (And yes, that start was trolling). Why are you keeping up the rancor of a perceived fight ages ago? Do you have a need to keep arguing about manufacturers? What is your deal Jim? Why bother going into a JJP thread? I doubt it's your interest in the topic. It's about what you can stir up here. Good job, you derailed it within a page. All of Pinside is better with what you have added here. Enjoy the smell.

Oh my ? I can roam where I please . I don't need to explain to anyone why a look at threads on Pinside . If I offend you so bad then please ignore me .

Let not make this out to more than it needs to be . I am not trying to control anyone or figure out why their life must suck. I post my thoughts, big deal .

Go back and read my post in this thread. I haven't really said anything ?

Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Jesus H Christ McCune put a sock in it. And take your entourage with you.

LMAO !

#65 4 years ago

This ignore function is awesome.

Can't wait till I get my hobbit!

#66 4 years ago

Maybe you should upgrade your collection and buy WOZ along with THLE!

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from McCune:

Oh my ? I can roam where I please . I don't need to explain to anyone why a look at threads on Pinside . If I offend you so bad then please ignore me .
Let not make this out to more than it needs to be . I am not trying to control anyone or figure out why their life must suck. I post my thoughts, big deal .
Go back and read my post in this thread. I haven't really said anything ?

LMAO !

Of course you don't NEED to explain anything. I was asking you questions to give you the opportunity to explain. I think it would be nice to understand the mindset you brought to this thread.

As for your suggestion of ignoring you, no. I don't have a single person on ignore here. If anyone has something to say, I'd like the opportunity to read it. Even if it's someone coming into a thread just to troll... But if you don't like my questions, feel free to ignore me.

#68 4 years ago

Guys, can we please get this thread back on topic?? The subject is 2015 Hobbit updates!

Oh....never mind.

Carry on.

#69 4 years ago

Why only a warning for an obvious troll as mc cune?

Kick does kids out please. Let us discuss the hobbit pin.

#70 4 years ago

No Woz for me. The music and sound drive me bonkers. Whoa Nellie is the same way. Sounds like Disney's toontown or something.

I think my BK will compliment it nicely, Thx.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Black_Knight:

No Woz for me. The music and sound drive me bonkers.

Let try to keep this about the Hobbit 2016, maybe?

#72 4 years ago
Quoted from DougPiranha:

Life must suck if all u do is troll

If I had 16 machines life would be pretty good.

#73 4 years ago

What's the update?
I expected something big since a new thread was created.

#74 4 years ago

Does anyone know how many Day 1 orders were placed for TH? I was one of these, but I have no idea how close to the front of the line I might be for my THSE #825.

#75 4 years ago

Thumbs down for anyone talking about how they will ignore people, just do it and don't be a bitch about it.

#76 4 years ago

Good try Panzer. You posted a nice chronological order of Hobbit news, Thks. As to the other noise, it's somewhat entertaining and not mean spirited as well as expected. Hopefully there will be more TH news than noise.

#77 4 years ago

At one point, I believe the button on the apron was to be used to fire the windlance. Not sure if that's the case anymore (though I might be wrong). Does anyone know how it will function during the gameplay?

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Thumbs down for anyone talking about how they will ignore people, just do it and don't be a bitch about it.

I'm gonna ignore people.

The Hobbit! (Still on topic!)

#79 4 years ago

Panzer,

Thanks for putting together this post. Your spot on that some of the other TH posts were getting bogged down by negativity and off topic information. I just bought my SE and I'm looking forward to putting in next to my LOTR. Love the theme and the improvements that the design team made look fantastic! Some things are worth waiting for.

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm gonna ignore people.
The Hobbit! (Still on topic!)

Jeez, EK...it was a joke! I've never ignored anybody (and you and I have disagreed on lots in the past). I don't even ignore trolls...those idiots make me feel like Einstein.

Now, before I get booted from this thread, is anybody here going to JJP's open house to see THE HOBBIT on the assembly line?

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

At one point, I believe the button on the apron was to be used to fire the windlance. Not sure if that's the case anymore (though I might be wrong). Does anyone know how it will function during the gameplay?

I think Jack spoke about that in the Northwest thing. They had been told that Smaug was going to be killed with the windlance, which is why it was so prominent in the original design. Then when the saw the movie they said "whoops" because of the changes.

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

is anybody here going to JJP's open house to see THE HOBBIT on the assembly line?

I'm thinking about flying in for it. Are these usually in the day or evening?

#83 4 years ago

I really don't understand why some people can't learn to "shut the f up unless you have some actual Hobbit news to share."

Quoted from CaptainNavidad:

It's now the Ring Button, Captain. At NWPAS, you could use it to change skill shots before plunging the ball, charge it by making certain shots during gameplay, and hit it once charged to get "special powers" like extra multipliers, etc. Jack mentioned that the "fire the windlance" plan went out the window when they actually saw the third film.

#84 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I think Jack spoke about that in the Northwest thing. They had been told that Smaug was going to be killed with the windlance, which is why it was so prominent in the original design. Then when the saw the movie they said "whoops" because of the changes.

I think he said they changed it to a ring button? One function of the ring button is to cycle through the skill shots according to the presentation.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

I'm thinking about flying in for it. Are these usually in the day or evening?

Day. And bring one of those misting fan thingies...the factory gets really hot in the summer!

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

I really don't understand why some people can't learn to "shut the f up unless you have some actual Hobbit news to share."

You sure? You really cant figure it out?

#87 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Day. And bring one of those misting fan thingies...the factory gets really hot in the summer!

Kinda warm in August down here in Texas too! Daytime on a Saturday means 2 hotel nights because there are no flights late Saturday. I'll check out hotels and car rentals.

#88 4 years ago

If anyone makes it to the open house, as always, pics & vids are greatly appreciated! Especially if they're clear & don't give you motion sickness Hope everyone that celebrates has a great 4th of July weekend!

IMG_0131.jpg

#89 4 years ago

It would have been a good idea to create a new thread with new news. The problem is there is zero new news so the same stuff is happening in this thread. Nice try. You just jumped the gun

#90 4 years ago

Are these usually in the day or evening?

Last year ( 2014 ) it was on a Saturday, August 9th. Started around 9am, pizza at 1pm, etc. etc.

I believe they are shooting for August 29th this year. I'm sure more details will come out about it.

LTG : )

#91 4 years ago
Quoted from chessiv:

It would have been a good idea to create a new thread with new news. The problem is there is zero new news so the same stuff is happening in this thread. Nice try. You just jumped the gun

There's no reason for the same stuff to happen in this thread. There are people that have 0 interest in the game and just enjoy bothering others in JJP threads. The same type of behavior and personal attacks don't occur in the Kiss and America's Most Haunted threads. People can be respectful to one another in those threads. The same should happen here.

#92 4 years ago

Does anyone know how many Day 1 orders were placed for TH? I was one of these, but I have no idea how close to the front of the line I might be for my THSE #825.

I inquired at the beginning of 2014 as to my position in the queue. I was told by Jen that the first day they started taking orders was on 11/26/12. I ordered based on my invoice on 11/28/12 (though I think it was 11/27 when I placed the phone order as that is the date I joined the Google group). She wrote that she researched and that there were 175 people in front of me. Now what I don't know is if that's 175 machines or if some of those people are dealers with (shudder) dozens of machines.

I don't mind dealers having many machines on order ahead of me as long as they were required to maintain the same prepayment schedule for all machines that are to be produced in the early queue. Otherwise it's not really fair to the folks that did make all the on-time pre-payments.

#93 4 years ago

Grown men talking about a hobbit pinball machine acting like kids. Yup, just another day on pinside happy 4th.

#94 4 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

I inquired at the beginning of 2014 as to my position in the queue. I was told by Jen that the first day they started taking orders was on 11/26/12. I ordered based on my invoice on 11/28/12 (though I think it was 11/27 when I placed the phone order as that is the date I joined the Google group). She wrote that she researched and that there were 175 people in front of me. Now what I don't know is if that's 175 machines or if some of those people are dealers with (shudder) dozens of machines.
I don't mind dealers having many machines on order ahead of me as long as they were required to maintain the same prepayment schedule for all machines that are to be produced in the early queue. Otherwise it's not really fair to the folks that did make all the on-time pre-payments.

With WOZ, Jack always said, "first to pay, first to play" which turned out to be totally false. Lots of standard WOZ's were built way before the presold LE's, and we all know it was to bring in needed money. I see no reason why building TH won't be the same way.

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Jargus:

It's now the Ring Button, Captain. At NWPAS, you could use it to change skill shots before plunging the ball, charge it by making certain shots during gameplay, and hit it once charged to get "special powers" like extra multipliers, etc. Jack mentioned that the "fire the windlance" plan went out the window when they actually saw the third film.

Interesting. I didn't know that. Very cool!

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

There's no reason for the same stuff to happen in this thread. There are people that have 0 interest in the game and just enjoy bothering others in JJP threads. The same type of behavior and personal attacks don't occur in the Kiss and America's Most Haunted threads. People can be respectful to one another in those threads. The same should happen here.

Starting a JJP thread and asking for only positive comments is like telling a 2 year old not to touch something.

Ain't gonna happen.

#97 4 years ago

8/29 is the open house at JJP, correct?

That's less than two months away from Expo. They HAVE to have something for us to chew on by then, right?

This wait is driving me nuts. Not because I want to play TH, but because I want just a nugget of info about the Pat Lawlor machine! Something. ANYTHING! I'll settle for a screenshot of a screenshot of a whitewood at this point.

#98 4 years ago

I'm guessing Hobbit coming off line by the time open house is here. Pat's game will wait for expo nothing will be leaked before

#99 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Grown men talking about a hobbit pinball machine acting like kids. Yup, just another day on pinside happy 4th.

I'll be 64 later this month and I pray that I will never lose the joy of acting like a kid sometimes.

#100 4 years ago

Happy fourth to all my American neighbors!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 29.95
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside