image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 39.
#851 8 years ago

On 11/30 I will have had it preordered for 3 YEARS. That is just staggering.
Never again. I agree with quite a few on here saying all excitement about it is long gone. Might change when it ships, but Hobbit is old news now.

#852 8 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

On 11/30 I will have had it preordered for 3 YEARS. That is just staggering.
Never again. I agree with quite a few on here saying all excitement about it is long gone. Might change when it ships, but Hobbit is old news now.

Feel the same

#853 8 years ago

Looking on the bright side, I hear Planetary is working on a remake.

#854 8 years ago

I just played it at IAAPA 2015 with the latest code.
Note that this is the first time that I've played the game.
I enjoyed the game, it feels just about complete and coding is good so far to me.
Here is footage of the best game that I played...

#855 8 years ago

One a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being best pin you've ever played, 1 being awful, how would you rate the pin? I think everyone agrees it looks beautiful, amazing sound and video, but how is the game play?

#856 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

One a 1 to 10 scale, 10 being best pin you've ever played, 1 being awful, how would you rate the pin? I think everyone agrees it looks beautiful, amazing sound and video, but how is the game play?

#857 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

I enjoyed the game, it feels just about complete and coding is good so far to me.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting. At the end of the game when it shows the QR code to tweet your score, it should show your score under or next to the QR code. Has anyone ever used that feature before? It would also be useful if it could somehow include your progress in the game instead of just your score? Thinking something along the lines of the number of emeralds collected in WOZ, etc... I could see using it if it had more information like that. It would be interesting to go back and look at that progress information (besides just the score) over time.

#858 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

If I had never played pinball and walked into a room of 90s Williams modern Sterns and TH it is about a 7 out of 10

#859 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

» YouTube video

Thks for posting. Looks like same video that Falconpunch posted...thks). Would have been good to see the back box. So this was about a 9 1/2 min game. When you say coding looked good...what are you basing that on? Did you enter many modes? Did you complete any? I am sure this code is much further on than months ago, but hard to tell whats actually happening. Didnt seem like Smaug said much more than what he was saying last year.

#860 8 years ago

I'm a day one order and am very much banking on this being a great game and I don't want to be a downer. That said, after watching the first few minutes of that game play I thought it looked somewhat boring. Pop-ups were cool but when they were down it didn't seem like much was going on. I've waited this long and am in for $7500 SE (I think I still owe about $3k) so will finish waiting it out.

I really hope I'm wrong in that assessment.

#861 8 years ago

It's all just mindless speculation about how good a game it is, until someone actually plays the final code in a year or so.

#863 8 years ago

Hmm, would have liked to see how this is bound to gameplay. Not impressed with it now.

#864 8 years ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I'm a day one order and am very much banking on this being a great game and I don't want to be a downer. That said, after watching the first few minutes of that game play I thought it looked somewhat boring. Pop-ups were cool but when they were down it didn't seem like much was going on. I've waited this long and am in for $7500 SE (I think I still owe about $3k) so will finish waiting it out.
I really hope I'm wrong in that assessment.

That video reminded me of watching a white-wood. The terrible angle showing nothing but balls rolling and bouncing on a playfield was no indication of how the game plays.

I actually didn't even watch the whole thing because it was so poorly filmed. You need rules, lights, sound and feedback. That video had none of that.

#865 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#866 8 years ago

Jack posted something encouraging on that FB post

"we will be starting production very very soon and will fill you and everyone in every step of the way!"

Not that anyone will be happy about a 2-3 year wait, but I think it would go a long one if he does start to update everyone as they hit production.

#867 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

"we will be starting production very very soon and will fill you and everyone in every step of the way!"
Not that anyone will be happy about a 2-3 year wait, but I think it would go a long one if he does start to update everyone as they hit production.

"we will be starting production very very soonish and will fill you and everyone in every step of the wayish!"

Just a couple of corrections to better set expectations.

#868 8 years ago

No! NO! NOOOOO! Bad Jack. That is a VERY bad Jack.

Out of the 9 hours of Hobbit movies, that was the spot that made me regret I was watching it. An absolute desolation of screen time. The whole dish washing scene and this scene were pure comic relief that failed. If Peter Jackson was here right now I would slap him right across the face.

#869 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Out of the 9 hours of Hobbit movies, that was the spot that made me regret I was watching it. An absolute desolation of screen time. The whole dish washing scene and this scene were pure comic relief that failed. If Peter Jackson was here right now I would slap him right across the face.

Too right! Is there also a "Dwarf Fart" mode now?

#870 8 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

That video reminded me of watching a white-wood. The terrible angle showing nothing but balls rolling and bouncing on a playfield was no indication of how the game plays.
I actually didn't even watch the whole thing because it was so poorly filmed. You need rules, lights, sound and feedback. That video had none of that.

I agree. That is why I'm not overly freaked out. Other gameplay has seemed better. Sometimes I think it would be better if I didn't ever look at this thread and just wait until I get the call from doughslingers telling me he needs the rest of my money and the pin is being shipped.

#871 8 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

He only said that because i said this on his FB page:

Is production starting this month? Can anyone answer this simple question?
Like · Reply · 2 hrs
Jersey Jack Pinball
Jersey Jack Pinball - we will be starting production very very soon and will fill you and everyone in every step of the way !
Unlike · Reply · 5 · 2 hrs

#873 8 years ago

Thanks for posting, mine should be here about time for Christmas oe New Years. Can't wait.

#874 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Out of the 9 hours of Hobbit movies, that was the spot that made me regret I was watching it.

I never saw any of the Hobbit movies, but when I saw that clip, I cringed.

The dragon shit, I can handle. But that scene looks really stupid.

#875 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Thanks for posting, mine should be here about time for Christmas oe New Years.

You don't actually believe that do you?

#876 8 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Thanks for posting, mine should be here about time for Christmas oe New Years. Can't wait.

Really?? Who told us that??

#877 8 years ago

Notice, he didn't say what year.

I'm patiently waiting like many of you...

#878 8 years ago

One good thing about the delay is that it's been such a long since I've parted with the money it's going to feel like the Hobbit is free when it gets here.

#879 8 years ago

Watching the videos it seems to me that the hobbit is a little stark compared to WOZ with regard to the play field. Thoughts?

#880 8 years ago

Might look that way. 17 more transistors on the I/O board than WOZ. For coils or motors.

LTG : )

#881 8 years ago

I'll never get excited about a new pinball release again, and will not pre-order again. Maybe when it's available I'll consider buying. I guess that also rules out Stern LEs nowadays.

When I bought Tron LE (that I still have), I played it first. Thereafter I took too many pre-order risks. Never again!

#882 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

I'll never get excited about a new pinball release again, and will not pre-order again. Maybe when it's available I'll consider buying. I guess that also rules out Stern LEs nowadays.
When I bought TRON LE (that I still have), I played it first. Thereafter I took too many pre-order risks. Never again!

I'm still very excited to get the game and I really don't mind the wait. I would much rather JJP put out a great game than cut corners to get it out quickly.

My WOZ pre-order turned out better than I expected. If JJP likewise delivers on the hobbit, I would consider pre-ordering again if I thought the financial incentive was worth the risk.

#883 8 years ago
Quoted from bonanza:

Watching the videos it seems to me that the hobbit is a little stark compared to WOZ with regard to the play field. Thoughts?

Appears that way but Hobbit has four pop ups and drop targets that programmer has full control of. Also has a lot more modes, so it sounds. I have a feeling Hobbit might be deeper than WOZ which I didn't think would be possible.
I believe there is a subway below as well.

#884 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

» YouTube video

Nice shot with the upper flipper to the VUK behind the Dwarf targets with both the D and W still up. I wonder if that will be some sort of skill/jackpot shot. (@1:00)

#885 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

The book is 'riddled' with songs like this. The Dwarves are all about fun, food, and song. And love it or hate it this integrates the theme and spirit of the Hobbit movies very well. I am glad they put fun little things like this in the modes. I give it two thumbs way up! It made me smile - and my kids too

Lighten up a bit fellas.

#886 8 years ago

Talked with jack at iaapa today, he said that the factory had started to put together some sub-assemblies today...so I guess that would imply some work has started....take that for what it's worth. I agree the games videos may not look to exciting with the big open playfield, but playing it was rather fun, exciting and quick. The ramps take the right shot to make , but there is no lack of power with the flippers, I found the ramps to be pretty easy to hit. My gripe with the game at this point was multiball is always ready to start,after one mulitball I would like some task to do to relight it, and I would like to see some uturn award. I'm as anxious as ever to get my game....

#887 8 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Talked with jack at iaapa today, he said that the factory had started to put together some sub-assemblies today...so I guess that would imply some work has started....take that for what it's worth. I agree the games videos may not look to exciting with the big open playfield, but playing it was rather fun, exciting and quick. The ramps take the right shot to make , but there is no lack of power with the flippers, I found the ramps to be pretty easy to hit. My gripe with the game at this point was multiball is always ready to start,after one mulitball I would like some task to do to relight it, and I would like to see some uturn award. I'm as anxious as ever to get my game....

That's accurate. Multiple multiballs on one balls is easy to achieve. I assume this will be tightened up in code releases. I will say, the lock sequences and start of multiball is grandeous with the sound and visuals. Very cool and up there with the best of them (if not better) in that department.

#888 8 years ago

I agree the feast frenzy is great. It is much needed to have a happy festive scene / song as a break from all the serious stuff (killing, fighting, etc.) I even liked that scene in the movie, as that is how I imagine dwarves and hobbits. I hope the pin has as much fun and humor as possible!

Quoted from Goronic:

The book is 'riddled' with songs like this. The Dwarves are all about fun, food, and song. And love it or hate it this integrates the theme and spirit of the Hobbit movies very well. I am glad they put fun little things like this in the modes. I give it two thumbs way up! It made me smile - and my kids too
Lighten up a bit fellas.

#889 8 years ago

Sad to think it may be a year or two before all pre orders are filled. 5 year wait for one machine is silly.

#890 8 years ago

Does the game use a lot of the movie sound track (i.e.c Misty Mountains)? I thought the movies had good tunes- or is everything 'reworked' by two steps from hell?

#891 8 years ago

Now that even some of the die-hard's are backing away, the company credo might be changing to:
"We make things nobody wants℠"

#892 8 years ago

i have to admit, it has been a long wait. i have the sure knowledge however that Woz was a long wait too, and with the latest software release, Woz solidified itself as a keeper. I'm expecting the same for TH. "all good things come to those who wait" seems to work well for JJP. There have been times when I have considered bailing, but I either shake it off, or go play a game of Woz. I'm in till the end, but Oh how i wish it was here.

#893 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Sad to think it may be a year or two before all pre orders are filled. 5 year wait for one machine is silly.

A 3 year wait for JPop/SkitB...and then get nothing in the end is sad. Waiting 3 years for a pin that will immediately be a top 20 pin (and the best ever made in the audio/visual category) is not sad at all.

#894 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

A 3 year wait for JPop/SkitB...and then get nothing in the end is sad. Waiting 3 years for a pin that will immediately be a top 20 pin (and the best ever made in the audio/visual category) is not sad at all.

Not sure about that...

#895 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Waiting 3 years for a pin that will immediately be a top 20 pin (and the best ever made in the audio/visual category) is not sad at all.

We will see about that. TH has not proven anything yet except for being a beauty.

#896 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Not sure about that...

I don't own WOZ but play it alot here in Raleigh - it is a good pinball machine. Very sharp looking. However, I think it is possible that the hobbit could be a better pin. I think it also is dependent on the your affinity for the theme. Time will tell ... the Hobbit is looking strong to me.

#897 8 years ago

How long was the time between WOZ announcement and first customer delivery? Is Hobbit approaching that time length?

#898 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballRulez:

We will see about that. TH has not proven anything yet except for being a beauty.

Maybe TH will be "The Best Built, highest quality pinball machine" ever built. WOZ sure wasn't yet it was touted to be just that within days of its' announcement.

#899 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

TH will absolutely make the top 20 but if you did not rate the art and sound package it would not stand a chance. Woz is at 19 at this time so Woz may get kicked out of the top 20 with games like TH entering the top 20

#900 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

How long was the time between WOZ announcement and first customer delivery? Is Hobbit approaching that time length?

TH is way later than WiZ was.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Life

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Hardware
Pinball Haven

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
North Myrtle Beach, SC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 25.50
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/18 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.