image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 39.
#751 8 years ago

15-days-to-go2.jpg15-days-to-go2.jpg

#752 8 years ago

Question!

Will the Hobbit be released and distributed by number? Or will it be like WOZ. I seem to remember Ltd Edtn numbers being put behind new customer money and pre-orders being completed over a year after initial release. If this happens again I'm not going to be happy SE#83

#753 8 years ago

Rufer said line would start on Tuesday

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Question!
Will the Hobbit be released and distributed by number? Or will it be like WOZ. I seem to remember Ltd Edtn numbers being put behind new customer money and pre-orders being completed over a year after initial release. If this happens again I'm not going to be happy SE#83

I'm betting you won't be happy.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

15-days-to-go2.jpg

Not very Hobbitsis themed, are they. Gotta get in the spirit...

15Days.jpg15Days.jpg

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

I'm betting you won't be happy.

Yeah I think so too. . It is getting beyond a joke now. I'm only staying in on this to keep my discount. Smaug Editions pre-order £6000 ($9000+) Now £8500!!! ($12500) I will play it at a friends first, if I like it I will open the box if not I will sell

#757 8 years ago

image.pngimage.png

#758 8 years ago

Hobbit update!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#760 8 years ago

With Jack at IAAPA all week, I cant imagine them starting Hobbit production this week...

Time will tell...

#761 8 years ago

Exactly.

image.gifimage.gif

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

You need to add a year onto the front of that.

You are a broken f@?£!^ record. Do you only open JJP threads to make lame ass elementary cracks?

#763 8 years ago

I was looking at the JJP FB pg there are pic of plastics, playfields, popbumper caps, and more but no pic of cabinets WTF new art surprise or no cabinets

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from ek77:

I was looking at the JJP FB pg there are pic of plastics, playfields, popbumper caps, and more but no pic of cabinets WTF new art surprise or no cabinets

looks like a few pallets of hobbit cabs in this pic.
hobbit cabs.jpghobbit cabs.jpg

#765 8 years ago

67762e5d36c1fa332ef4fadb9d0e3b05.jpg67762e5d36c1fa332ef4fadb9d0e3b05.jpg

#766 8 years ago

I think the only major component we have not seen besides harness are all the boards?

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I think the only major component we have not seen besides harness are all the boards?

Have we seen a ton of drop target banks?

#768 8 years ago

the next update will be

sorry some vendors could not deliver before xmas Holidays
and they are back during or end of january

so production will start in february

will you bet?

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

the next update will be
sorry some vendors could not deliver before xmas Holidays
and they are back during or end of january
so production will start in february
will you bet?

I think it's closer than that - but I wouldn't hold my breath that it's going to start today.

I'd like to see some pics of the line stations switching over from WOZ to TH. Once we start seeing those pics, production will start soon thereafter.

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from Euchrid:

You are a broken f@?£!^ record. Do you only open JJP threads to make lame ass elementary cracks?

I must open them more than you, since it took you 4 days to respond to my comment.

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

I must open them more than you, since it took you 4 days to respond to my comment.

Congrats, you spend more time in cyberspace than I do. You got me there.

#772 8 years ago

13.png13.png

#773 8 years ago

Anyone at the IAAPA?
We need some more footage if this thing is not shipping this month.

#774 8 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Anyone at the IAAPA?
We need some more footage if this thing is not shipping this month.

https://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball/posts/1078742338811028

If you don't have access to FB I "may" upload photos from FB later.

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Roger shaved his mustache

#776 8 years ago
Quoted from robbo105:

Roger shaved his mustache

It would be cool if someone interviewed him and asked him his thoughts on the hobbit pinball (and WOZ for that matter).

#777 8 years ago

That's pretty bad ass! you out did yourself with #13 Sky

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It would be cool if someone interviewed him and asked him his thoughts on the hobbit pinball (and WOZ for that matter).

I had dinner with him a while back. He said he preferred TH to WOZ and was getting one.

#779 8 years ago

Do weekends and holidays count as days?

#780 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Thanks. I saw that and then posted here. I am hungry for more video!

#781 8 years ago

The 3rd Hobbit movie Extended edition came out today!
Still no Hobbit pinball on the line?.
Doesn't look good!.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

The 3rd Hobbit movie Extended edition came out today!

Because it wasn't long enough. Looking on the bright side, you can watch the whole extended trilogy, and maybe the game will be out by the time you get to the end.

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Holy crap, I'm in the last pic.

#784 8 years ago

At IAAPA - no pics, but Jen said they only have a few pre-production games so thats why they only had 1 at the show, and are disassembling games to get ready for production?? (Really??? I Don't quite understand this). Production supposed to happen "before the end of the year". No exciting news about production starting "tomorrow" or anything like that. Really not a lot of enthusiasm at that booth at all. However, they were proud that they now have WOZ in stock and ready to ship - that is definitely a big achievement!

Compared to their booth of several years ago when they had the beautiful booth setup with many WOZ games, and the spiral custom carpet - this booth was about as plain and basic as it gets.

Stern had GOT:LE, GOT PRO, KISS, Wrestlemania and TWD all setup - quite a line-up of games. Never seen or played Wrestlemania before - sure looks like an odd game. Might give it a try tomorrow.

Just reporting it as I see's it and hope Jen's prediction of production at end of year follows through to make a lot of people happy!

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from thefoxxman:

Jen's prediction of production at end of year

Ouch!

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from thefoxxman:

and are disassembling games to get ready for production?? (Really??? I Don't quite understand this).

To figure the steps needed to run the games on an assembly line. Different than hand built prototypes.

LTG : )

#787 8 years ago

thats what i sayed

will not happen this year

may be end of JAN

Looks like
PRIO 1 is to be at all Events to get new orders (Money)

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I had dinner with him a while back. He said he preferred TH to WOZ and was getting one.

If Hobbit really turns out to be better than WOZ we are in for a truly amazing game.

#789 8 years ago

Hope it ships soon. I don't belive in the whole "the wait will be worth it" belief. I've heard great people who love pinball suffer for 3 years. May their pain end soon!

#790 8 years ago

I think that people who ordered one (like me) will never see their hobbit. Imo

#791 8 years ago

Even though I backed out of my preorder a while back I think the wait will be worth it for those who have been patiently waiting. For the price the game is going to offer a lot not just in terms of features but in code, video, and audio work.

When your buying a pin at the $7k+ level the amount of work put into the games code, video and audio plays heavily into that cost as those are the things that bring a pinball machine alive. The Hobbit looks like its going to have the most code, video and audio work ever put into a pinball machine, yes maybe even more than WOZ which as of today is the best code supported pinball machine of all time. So when people compare GOT premium / LE to The Hobbit the amount of effort put into both games code, video and audio work needs to be taken into account and when it comes to those area's Stern isn't even close to JJP in terms of the level of effort.

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Even though I backed out of my preorder a while back I think the wait will be worth it for those who have been patiently waiting. For the price the game is going to offer a lot not just in terms of features but in code, video, and audio work.
When your buying a pin at the $7k+ level the amount of work put into the games code, video and audio plays heavily into that cost as those are the things that bring a pinball machine alive. The Hobbit looks like its going to have the most code, video and audio work ever put into a pinball machine, yes maybe even more than WOZ which as of today is the best code supported pinball machine of all time. So when people compare GOT premium / LE to The Hobbit the amount of effort put into both games code, video and audio work needs to be taken into account and when it comes to those area's Stern isn't even close to JJP in terms of the level of effort.

Perhaps. But Johnny come lately can just find a distributor and cut the line. The wait is never worth it.

#793 8 years ago

PinballSTAR Amusements will be offering deeper than normal discounts on both Wizard of Oz, Hobbit, and Medieval Madness starting today and running through Black Friday.

Wizard of Oz Standards and 75th's IN STOCK ready to ship for Xmas NOW !

Hobbit LE and Smaugs (yes, we still have a few Smaugs left) are preorder, but we are still selling from our day 1 orders so you will not be at the end of the line by any means.

Medieval Madness Standards

MUST mention the Pinside Black Friday sale for additional discount. Pickup or we can ship nationwide. We have more room on some models than others so discounts will vary per game. Please email for details !

Joe Newhart
[email protected]
570-357-0042

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from thefoxxman:

disassembling games to get ready for production?? (Really??? I Don't quite understand this).

Quoted from LTG:

To figure the steps needed to run the games on an assembly line. Different than hand built prototypes.

Wait what? You're not supposed to have to take apart you game to figure out how to assembly line it. And, if they haven't done that already, nothing is coming off the line for months. Sounds like a hobby shop over there if this is true.

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

Wait what? You're not supposed to have to take apart you game to figure out how to assembly line it. And, if they haven't done that already, nothing is coming off the line for months. Sounds like a hobby shop over there if this is true.

Are you a pinball assembly line expert? All this armchair quarterback stuff gets old. I don't give a rat's butt how they figure out their assembly line...I'm just happy they are at the point where they are FINALLY having to figure it out.

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Are you a pinball assembly line expert? All this armchair quarterback stuff gets old. I don't give a rat's butt how they figure out their assembly line...I'm just happy they are at the point where they are FINALLY having to figure it out.

No, but I am an engineer, and we manufacture stuff. The issue is that if you do it this way, in my opinion, it speaks to not having a 100% handle on the whole package yet.. from BOM, sub assemblies that need to get made, instructions/training for line workers, what order to do things then, etc. It's going to take a while to reverse engineer the those details if you've only been tracking at a higher level. On top of that, is that if this is the approach they want to take, its almost December and it hasn't been done yet.

So anyways, yes its arm chair quarterbacking but it colors the future a bit, IMHO. But you're not right, I'm not in on the game and hate it when people show up in TBL threads doing the same. so will stay out of it.

#797 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

No, but I am an engineer, and we manufacture stuff. The issue is if you do it this way, in my opinion it speaks to not having a 100% handle on the whole package yet from BOM, sub assemblies that need to get made, instructions/training for line workers, what order to do things then, etc. It's going to take a while to reverse engineer the those details if you've only been tracking at a higher level. Concerning then further they still here in december need to do this.
So anyways, yes its arm chair quarterbacking but it colors the future a bit, IMHO. But you're not right, I'm not in on the game and hate it when people show up in TBL threads doing the same. so will stay out of it.

Sorry - I was a bit harsh - we all wish it was going faster than it is, but at least it's progressing. I would bet they've got the BOM figured out as my guess is they have received all the necessary parts (or are dang close to). The last step now is getting the line up and running. Yes, it would have been nice if the line station/order was done during development, but I can also understand why it wasn't. And keep in mind that some of the stations won't change from title to title (cabinet/monitor/speakers/cpu/etc). I think they'll be up and going by end of year...

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

You're not supposed to have to take apart you game to figure out how to assembly line it.

Its been so long since they put one together maybe they forgot.

#799 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#800 8 years ago

So what happens when you get to 0? Are you going to start a countdown for December? Then one for January? February?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Indianapolis, IN
$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Watertown, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
St. Louis, MO
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 25.50
$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.