image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 39.
#601 8 years ago

We can soon start the 2016 Hobbit update thread

Looking forward to the game but geez JJP needs to get there crap together. It will easily be next spring before most people have the slightest chance of getting their game.

#602 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Looking forward to the game but geez JJP needs to get there crap together. It will easily be next spring before most people have the slightest chance of getting their game.

Im hoping for a "2016 Lawlor Update thread" so don't jinx me that this will drag out through all of 2016!

btw- I did notice they changed the listing for TH from "2014" to "2015" recently... (I had previously pointed this out in a typically snarky manner).

#603 8 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

thats if they start production today

#604 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

But seriously, sounds like some early adopters will get their machines in 2015.....

#605 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

JerseyJackPinball this morning stated that production is slated to start next month

A couple weeks ago, I was told that distributors "should" start to receive machines in December.

#606 8 years ago

I'm bored....

Boring-Presentation-33pc.jpgBoring-Presentation-33pc.jpg

#607 8 years ago

How long was it from the very first day WOZ was announced to the first person receiving their pin? The Hobbit has to be close to this! Does anyone know?

#608 8 years ago

TH has taken longer. JJP started taking WoZ orders Jan 2011, started shipping March 2013 if memory serves, that's 2 years 3 months.
TH orders taken November 2012, shipping maybe Nov 2015, 3 years!

#609 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

TH has taken longer. JJP started taking WoZ orders Jan 2011, started shipping March 2013 if memory serves, that's 2 years 3 months.
TH orders taken November 2012, shipping maybe Nov 2015, 3 years!

Wow. And the WOZ has Sooooo much more on the playfield.

#610 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

WOZ has Sooooo much more on the playfield.

Hobbit - 45 pounds heavier, 17 more drive transistors.

Hobbit has so much more than WOZ.

LTG : )

#611 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

How long was it from the very first day WOZ was announced to the first person receiving their pin? The Hobbit has to be close to this! Does anyone know?

It was a year from first preorder shipped till the last preorder shipped

#612 8 years ago

I was told I was number one on the list from my distributer!! The news came at the absolute perfect time as my daughter learned today that her rare form of cancer (LCH) came back.

The news about the Hobbit coming soon, totally made her day. Hayleigh wants to thank the entire JJP team for making her dream machine. Her dog Frodo is also super excited.

She now has a supper positive attitude to fight off the LCH. Cancer you Suck!!!

#613 8 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

She now has a supper positive attitude to fight off the LCH.

Best wishes my friend ! I will be rooting for her !

#614 8 years ago

Thank you Lloyd, I need to focus on the positives of life now. I appreciate your thoughts more than you know.

#615 8 years ago

Very sad news. Hope she pulls through OK.

Quoted from Peppers:

I was told I was number one on the list from my distributer!! The news came at the absolute perfect time as my daughter learned today that her rare form of cancer (LCH) came back.
The news about the Hobbit coming soon, totally made her day. Hayleigh wants to thank the entire JJP team for making her dream machine. Her dog Frodo is also super excited.

#616 8 years ago

"Her dog Frodo is also super excited."

Great name for a dog BTW.

1333133735_elijah-wood-lg.jpg1333133735_elijah-wood-lg.jpg

#617 8 years ago

Has anyone seen how the subway works in Hobbit? I haven't really been able to tell from the videos.

#618 8 years ago
Quoted from statsdoc:

Has anyone seen how the subway works in Hobbit? I haven't really been able to tell from the videos.

From what I've seen in the videos , I don't think that they are incorporated into the code yet...

#619 8 years ago

The subways are still there ... correct?

#620 8 years ago

Looks like it's still there. I took this at expo

image.jpgimage.jpg

#621 8 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Hobbit - 45 pounds heavier, 17 more drive transistors.
Hobbit has so much more than WOZ.

So they needed to add 9 more months for 17 drive transistors?

#622 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Which are basically used for all the drop targets......

#623 8 years ago

I think those drop targets and pop-ups are all newly designed mechs. I wouldn't be surprised if they needed some tweaks. Hopefully they've gotten lots of play time to work out any kinks.

#624 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

They have made a ton of changes since the expo for the better. I'll put it like this...if they shipped TH on time (last December) I would NOT have bought it. No way. Now I will. So it is hard for me to get mad about the year slip in dates, because it went from I don't want it to I want it and will buy it.

So some want to bust their ass on slipped ship dates - I get it. But I won't - I like the current package much more and think JJP had to do this to complete TH in a fashion that people will want to by the product.

#625 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

They have made a ton of changes since the expo for the better. I'll put it like this...if they shipped TH on time (last December) I would NOT have bought it. No way. Now I will. So it is hard for me to get mad about the year slip in dates, because it went from I don't want it to I want it and will buy it.
So some want to bust their ass on slipped ship dates - I get it. But I won't - I like the current package much more and think JJP had to do this to complete TH in a fashion that people will want to by the product.

I'm just venting. I wanted the pin before Christmas like Jack promised. That's all.

#626 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I wanted the pin before Christmas

Me too

I guess a few guys will, but probably not me.

#627 8 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

I was told I was number one on the list from my distributer!!

That just made my day. I hope your daughter enjoys her machine.

#628 8 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

I've been down the cancer road twice, once while I was waiting for WOZ. Woz came earlier than I expected and made me forget about 'stuff'.
I hope she gets the Hobbit soon, and the life battle gets won!

#629 8 years ago
Quoted from Peppers:

i hope Jack reads this and ships your machine out the door first. if i was before you i the que i would gladly move to the bottom of the ship list to give you my spot.

#630 8 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

i hope Jack reads this and ships your machine out the door first. if i was before you i the que i would gladly move to the bottom of the ship list to give you my spot.

I doubt I'm higher up in the queue but I second that.

#631 8 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Smartest thing I've read on this thread.

#632 8 years ago
Quoted from Rick432:

Smartest thing I've read on this thread.

Agree and it makes me feel better..

#633 8 years ago

I just ordered my Hobbit LE with Jen, so currently I'm on the very bottom of the list. I'm absolutely counting on all the others that have pre-ordered to work out all the software bugs and hardware issues with JJP over the next 7 months or so ... prior to mine being built. The time "estimation" for my machine's delivery is maybe in May. I can (and can't) wait.

#634 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I just ordered my Hobbit LE with Jen, so currently I'm on the very bottom of the list. I'm absolutely counting on all the others that have pre-ordered to work out all the software bugs and hardware issues with JJP over the next 7 months or so ... prior to mine being built. The time "estimation" for my machine's delivery is maybe in May. I can (and can't) wait.

Go to hell, BW. Glad you are OK with getting your game last.. as you would have bought the latest one. Would you not expect to be last? Oh and first line is a pun.on your location. I am not mad at you.

#635 8 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Glad you are OK with getting your game last.. as you would have bought the latest one. Would you not expect to be last?

I'll take my rightful place in line. It will give me 7 months to figure out how to ask forgiveness to my wife for the big expense on pinball ... again. She loves the WOZ and maybe more addicted to it than I am, so it should smooth over in no time. If I'm delayed until June ... it becomes her birthday present. Then I might be a "hero". I know ... dreaming again.

#636 8 years ago

Well we did order day one at 8 am so being top of the list was not a huge surprise, but it sure made my crappy day feel just a bit better when I found out I was on the top of my distributers list.

It is so nice there are things like pinball in our life to help us forget how crappy life can be sometimes.

That is my thanksgiving message this year.

Thank you JJP and yes thank you Sterrn, Spooky and everyone else for helping to spread a bit of joy.

#637 8 years ago

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#638 8 years ago

If anyone is considering buying a Hobbit (or WOZ or MMR) I have a $250 Gift Certificate from Joe at Pinball Star.

I'll sell it half value ... $125 PayPal gift ... So you can save $125 bucks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/26289

rd

#639 8 years ago

Off topic, but did we have a definite answer if JJP #3 is a widebody standard?

#640 8 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

i don't see any benefit or incentive to order a Hobbit at this point. It only ties up your money for who knows how long. If you were to wait until they start to ship, you can skip the line through a distributor or even directly from JJP. New money trumps old. With WOZ, distributors had them in stock while the waiting list was still being filled.
Plus there have been so many delays it only makes sense to wait and play it at this point and to be sure the bugs are out. you already missed the early discounts.

back on topic, are there any updates?

#641 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

i don't see any benefit or incentive to order a Hobbit at this point. It only ties up your money for who knows how long. If you were to wait until they start to ship, you can skip the line through a distributor or even directly from JJP. New money trumps old. With WOZ, distributors had them in stock while the waiting list was still being filled.
Plus there have been so many delays it only makes sense to wait and play it at this point and to be sure the bugs are out. you already missed the early discounts.

Hey, it's November!...rumor has it that production starts this month...has anyone received their Hobbit yet?

#642 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

Hey, it's November!...rumor has it that production starts this month...has anyone received their Hobbit yet?

there's still 27 days left in november. But rumor was originally October. But go further back and rumor last october.

#643 8 years ago
Quoted from SilverBallz:

Hey, I agree with Silverballz! That's rare in a JJP thread.

#644 8 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Off topic, but did we have a definite answer if JJP #3 is a widebody standard?

Stated by Jack it is not a wide body

#645 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

boo! Give me widebodies!

#646 8 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

Actually, I think he was pretty cagey with that answer. Not really sure what to expect.

#647 8 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Actually, I think he was pretty cagey with than answer. Not really sure what to expect.

Yeah, I kinda took it as not wide body or standard...but who knows?

#648 8 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

boo! Give me widebodies!

Give me standard body. Stern has been tearing it up with MET, ST, KISS as far as the fast and furious fun games so JJP needs to answer in kind.

I really think the next game really needs to focus on speed and shot geometry above all else, and with Pat at the wheel I have no doubts it will be great! I think a standard body is just easier to get right, especially for speed. Pat's done some nice widebodies, but he's done some killer standards (FH, TAF, RBION).

#649 8 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

Give me standard body. Stern has been tearing it up with MET, ST, KISS as far as the fast and furious fun games so JJP needs to answer in kind.

I say leave that market to Stern. For the money pinball machines are commanding these days, I want a full featured game that's loaded with stuff and is still fun to play.

Quoted from heckheck:

I really think the next game really needs to focus on speed and shot geometry above all else, and with Pat at the wheel I have no doubts it will be great! I think a standard body is just easier to get right, especially for speed. Pat's done some nice widebodies, but he's done some killer standards (FH, TAF, RBION).

Pat has made some of my favorite games but he hasn't built his reputation on flow and speed. I'm anxious to see what new cool stuff he's going to bring to the table.

#650 8 years ago
Quoted from heckheck:

I agree with you about the shot geometry thing for the next one, but even a widebody can be designed to play quick if that's what one wants. I like the widebodies for the shot variety and features.
If the next one is smaller then I hope they price accordingly...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 39.00
Playfield - Other
Travahontas Mods

10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Orlando, FL
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 123.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinWorlds

Machine - For Sale
Castro Valley, CA
$ 125.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hardware
Pinball Haven

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 69.00
Pinball Machine
Multiball mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,911 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 39.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-hobbit-update-thread/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.