Topic Stats

• 1,911 posts
  • 270 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 32 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 148 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Orly1_(resized).JPG
harvey_h_(resized).jpg
45a_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-01-03-00-57-23~01_(resized).jpg
Wwny7Pq_(resized).png
hobbit_(resized).jpg
image.png
03_18_2013_nixon-campaign.jpg
image.jpeg
image.jpg
maxresdefault.jpg
5105b4df-7dd7-4808-b9e0-af33ac2331aa.jpg
image.jpeg
Blame_canada.gif
dteeth.jpg
tar_sands18.jpg

There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 39.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

But didn't you yourself post earlier that anything past December and you're out? So, if fairness, even you have limits to your patience?

True that...After December is my limit. Perhaps they will make it just in time

#552 3 years ago

Cpt Kirk, even on a good day it wasn't funny. You sir, are trolling...

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hideIMG_0083.jpg

A fine wine takes time! Enjoy your 6 bottles of two buck Chuck.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

Cpt Kirk, even on a good day it wasn't funny. You sir, are trolling...

Calm down, G'ovner! 4 up-votes to 6 down-votes. Not bad for a pro-Hobbit thread.

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

A fine wine takes time! Enjoy your 6 bottles of two buck Chuck.

I prefer a Bouchaine Pinot Noir.

#557 3 years ago

What are the thoughts on the "Rad-Cals"? Jen sent me this link:

Better than the "stock" cals? Worth the extra bucks? I'm on the fence.

#558 3 years ago

Stocking up on the Ignored User member post notifications. Keep them coming as with each and everyone Pinside becomes a much more informative site.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

What are the thoughts on the "Rad-Cals"? Jen sent me this link:
» YouTube video
Better than the "stock" cals? Worth the extra bucks? I'm on the fence.

No. Unless you route them or have wild ass kids

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

Stocking up on the Ignored User member post notifications. Keep them coming as with each and everyone Pinside becomes a much more informative site.

Good idea.

#561 3 years ago

What are peoples thoughts on the $150.00 Playfield Protector option that is installed before the playfield is populated?.Does the Hobbit @ the shows have one?.Mine would be HUO.

I remember the WOZ having issues with wear without the protector.And JJP sent decals to cover the wear.Decals covering wear would not be a acceptable resolution for me.

If you own a Hobbit with a Playfield Protector.And put 10 years of HUO on it.My guess would be that it might get hazy and worn.
But if you take the protector off at that point and sell it.It would be a pristine looking playfield with the exception of ball hole wear?.

I am on the fence about adding this option.Has anyone had one of these on any game for a length of time that could chime in?

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What are peoples thoughts on the $150.00 Playfield Protector option that is installed before the playfield is populated?.Does the Hobbit @ the shows have one?.Mine would be HUO.
I remember the WOZ having issues with wear without the protector.And JJP sent decals to cover the wear.Decals covering wear would not be a acceptable resolution for me.
If you own a Hobbit with a Playfield Protector.And put 10 years of HUO on it.My guess would be that it might get hazy and worn.
But if you take the protector off at that point and sell it.It would be a pristine looking playfield with the exception of ball hole wear?.
I am on the fence about adding this option.Has anyone had one of these on any game for a length of time that could chime in?

There are other threads which I think address this too. After reading those I think I will opt for a pristine playfield and put Mylar around pops or strategic areas if it is not already there.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

To me it seems like overkill for HUO. Like gramma and her furniture covers.

#564 3 years ago

What is JJP's production capability? Once production starts, how many can be pumped out a week?

#565 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

have it on my rr and will have it on my SE-TH .

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

If you own a Hobbit with a Playfield Protector.And put 10 years of HUO on it. My guess would be that it might get hazy and worn.

I had a bad experience with a playfield protector that I got for my F14. After 27 years of HUO (and not much use at all for about 10 years or more during that time), the playfield was showing wear issues. I ordered one and it was rolled the wrong way when shipped. I've tried many things to get it flat and I'm close. Long story ... but here is a link to how it was originally:

In the end ... I need it. I'm on the fence also to order that option, leaning toward getting it. It is a royal pain to add it later and would not want to do it again with my experience of one that was not flat. I'm sure JJP will do it correctly.

Others say ... just keep your playfield waxed and it will be fine. But ... like you said ... look at the WOZ wear issues.

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from ls1chris:

have it on my rr and will have it on my SE-TH .

So,I guess you like it then?.It is holding up well?.Do you see any dirt collecting under it?.

#568 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I had a bad experience with a playfield protector that I got for my F14. After 27 years of HUO (and not much use at all for about 10 years or more during that time), the playfield was showing wear issues. I ordered one and it was rolled the wrong way when shipped. I've tried many things to get it flat and I'm close. Long story ... but here is a link to how it was originally:
» YouTube video
In the end ... I need it. I'm on the fence also to order that option, leaning toward getting it. It is a royal pain to add it later and would not want to do it again with my experience of one that was not flat. I'm sure JJP will do it correctly.
Others say ... just keep your playfield waxed and it will be fine. But ... like you said ... look at the WOZ wear issues.

It should of shipped flat.So no sticky stuff on one side?.It just lays down?.
I am sure JJP gets theses shipped flat to him.I would not add one after the fact.It would be installed during the build.
I am also curious about the pop up flaps.Do the flaps have this protector also?.Or does the flap sit on top of the protector?
And if it sits on top of the protector.That would mean the flap would sit higher that originally planned.And would that affect the pop-up goblin mech in any way?.

#569 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

It should of shipped flat.So no sticky stuff on one side?.It just lays down?.
I am sure JJP gets theses shipped flat to him.I would not add one after the fact.It would be installed during the build.
I am also curious about the pop up flaps.Do the flaps have this protector also?.Or does the flap sit on top of the protector?
And if it sits on top of the protector.That would mean the flap would sit higher that originally planned.And would that affect the pop-up goblin mech in any way?.

I agree. They "Should" ship flat. It was shipped in a roll - mine was rolled the wrong way, it appears. No sticky stuff on one side. You would peel back a protective coating on the playfield side and it has a "static" kind of feel, but not statically charged. IF the protector was flat, that would help to keep it down. Mine had too much of a permanent set to it that it did not work. I even rolled it the opposite way for several days without much improvement.

I have heard that with the pop ups, they usually have separate pieces to add on top of those. If this is the case with The Hobbit, they probably stick those pieces down somehow. Another reason to just have JJP do it from the start in my opinion ... and if you think you might need the protector someday.

#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

What are peoples thoughts on the $150.00 Playfield Protector option that is installed before the playfield is populated?.

With the increasing cost of games - I could see this being a decent option for a game going on location. Those are going to get a TON on plays and the protector might help maintain some resale value for the operator.

But for a HUO game? Seems dumb. Beyond overkill- I could see it doing more harm if crap got under it..... Now that's assuming JJP puts Mylar down where they need to (unlike WoZ)....

At the end of the day, though, I think it's pretty cool that JJP makes it a factory option- it would certainly be a pain in the ass to do it right aftermarket!

#571 3 years ago

I mentioned to Keith and Jack at expo to put die cut mylars around the troll pop ups. The original Medieval Madness troll openings had these on the playfield.

I hope this is thought about. It really helps because of the amount of use of the mechs, as they go up and down the edges of the blue steel flap scrub the edges of contact.

Gameplay at expo was fluid and solid. It's a masterpiece !

#572 3 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

die cut mylars around the troll pop ups. The original Medieval Madness troll openings had these on the playfield.

I uncrated mine when it came out, and it didn't have mylar around the troll pop ups.

LTG : )

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

So,I guess you like it then?.It is holding up well?.Do you see any dirt collecting under it?.

yes is has some dirt , a can of compressed air cleans it, it getting cloudy by the flippers and especially the outlanes!

#574 3 years ago

I got a playfield protector on one of my machines because the clear was getting thin. Just make sure your playfield is clean before putting it on. Almost a year now and still looks great.
Mine came in a roll. Laid it flat for a few days with some books and it was fine. Don't forget to wax it ( but keep the wax away from the edges as you don't want that stuff to dry and get under)

#575 3 years ago
Quoted from daveispinball:

What is JJP's production capability? Once production starts, how many can be pumped out a week?

I was told from Jen about 1 week ago they should be able to produce 15 to 20 per day. If they could run two production lines that would kick ass.

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I was told from Jen about 1 week ago they should be able to produce 15 to 20 per day. If they could run two production lines that would kick ass.

LOL...I'll believe it when it happens.

#577 3 years ago

I don't know about 20 per day, but Hobbit 'should' take a lot less time to assemble than WOZ. With all those playfields, flippers, etc I bet WOZ takes much longer to assemble.

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

LOL...I'll believe it when it happens.

Quoted from Goronic:

I don't know about 20 per day, but Hobbit 'should' take a lot less time to assemble than WOZ. With all those playfields, flippers, etc I bet WOZ takes much longer to assemble.

Just telling u what I was told. Don't hang me on the cross.

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

If you had said 10 I may have believed you but 20

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Don't get me wrong here I am very interested in picking up a hobitt but the underside of that PF looks like it will be A LOT of work to assemble! I think it will take them some time to really get production going. I do remember reading something from Jack about an extra shift though.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Don't get me wrong here I am very interested in picking up a hobitt but the underside of that PF looks like it will be A LOT of work to assemble! I think it will take them some time to really get production going. I do remember reading something from Jack about an extra shift though.

Quoted from Skyemont:

Just telling u what I was told. Don't hang me on the cross.

You guys are probably right in that it will be a bear to assemble. I guess as long as are getting them out the door by year end I will feel better.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

You guys are probably right in that it will be a bear to assemble. I guess as long as are getting them out the door by year end I will feel better.

The funny thin is both Stern and Hieghway have bragged about having less under the playfield JJP bragged about how much is under the playfield

#583 3 years ago

The one worry I have about the game is the sheer weight of the items attached to the PF and what impact that may have longer term on the PF. I guess if it is spread evenly it should be OK but it if the weight is concentrated in the middle of the PF my thinking is it could warp the Pf over time.

I would love for someone from JJP to offer some reassuring words here about all the testing/strengthening you have been doing...

#584 3 years ago

I can't wait to hear about the first machines getting shipped and reading about actual gameplay feedback. Love the theme and hoping it will be epicly fun!

#585 3 years ago
Quoted from clg:

The one worry I have about the game is the sheer weight of the items attached to the PF and what impact that may have longer term on the PF. I guess if it is spread evenly it should be OK but it if the weight is concentrated in the middle of the PF my thinking is it could warp the Pf over time.

I think that every time I look at the "drac track" on my MB.... Damn giant SLICE cut right into the damn center of the PF!

Seems to hold up though

#586 3 years ago

I am getting this to go in a room adjacent to the room the hobbit will be in. But it would look really cool wall mounted above the machine (instead of - or in addition to - a topper).

https://www.wetanz.com/smaug-the-terrible-bust-edition/

#587 3 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am getting this to go in a room adjacent to the room the hobbit will be in.

Pricey, but that would be a cool topper!

#588 3 years ago

Wow! Cool topper

Quoted from Goronic:

I am getting this to go in a room adjacent to the room the hobbit will be in. But it would look really cool wall mounted above the machine (instead of - or in addition to - a topper).
https://www.wetanz.com/smaug-the-terrible-bust-edition/

#589 3 years ago

Yeah, it may be cool but I wouldn't want to put any topper on top of any pinball machine that weighs 23#.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from fordtudoor:

Yeah, it may be cool but I wouldn't want to put any topper on top of any pinball machine that weighs 23#.

It has a wall mount - so no need to place it on the pin.

#591 3 years ago

This threade reminds me of tumbleweed.

image.jpeg

#592 3 years ago

Hopefully next month we get a clip of JJ doing some cartwheels...

#593 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

This threade reminds me of tumbleweed.

Im hoping this is just a little "quiet before the storm" and they are so damn close to the start of assembly- they don't want to say anything to jinx it....

#594 3 years ago

Lowepg do u remember that other hobbit threade with like 6,000 comments. I can't find it. It's a year old.

#595 3 years ago

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#596 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Lowepg do u remember that other hobbit threade with like 6,000 comments. I can't find it. It's a year old.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/hobbit-update-1/page/177#post-2723895

#597 3 years ago

JerseyJackPinball this morning stated that production is slated to start next month while responding to a question on Google Group.

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

JerseyJackPinball this morning stated that production is slated to start next month while responding to a question on Google Group.

F yeah drummer gif.gif

Apologies in advance for potty mouth text but seems appropriate

#599 3 years ago

My sense is someone will get their machine this year but look to this time next year for current orders to be fulfilled. Place your orders with re-sellers now, you will likely jump to the front of the line like WoZ.

#600 3 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

JerseyJackPinball this morning stated that production

Sorry.... you lost after the "JJP *SAID*" part

looking forward to photos!

But seriously, sounds like some early adopters will get their machines in 2015..... I'm hoping my guys at Flippers in Grandy are high on the list (but that they DONT end up getting a prototype machine like they did with Woz).

pumped to see this game in the wild

(and be one step closer to JJP #3).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Kalamazoo, MI
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dayton, OH
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Kansas City, KS
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
€ 159.00
Cabinet - Toppers
FlipperLED
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 27.50
$ 399.95
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 8,500.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1911 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 39.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside