9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Frax
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA Circuit.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

One event within striking distance. At least it's a start.

#3 9 years ago

Haha, same here Frax. The tourney organizers on the West coast rejoice in a job well done. The rest of the country I hope has loads of frequent flier miles to use.

#4 9 years ago

It was an open nomination process for tournaments. If your local events didn't apply, we couldn't consider it.

#5 9 years ago

We actually have plenty of events within driving distance... Pretty happy with that. Louisville in less than a month!

#6 9 years ago

Six of these that I'm hoping to attend this year, and it'd be a miracle if I qualify in even one. Still excited though!

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

It was an open nomination process for tournaments. If your local events didn't apply, we couldn't consider it.

Yes well..didn't know that until about 2 weeks ago when Bowen told me so....yeah. Given that the only circuit event that I know of that had been near me in the time I have been in pinball, couldn't be arsed to nail down a tournament format and tell people WTF was going on until basically the last minute, I don't really pay much attention to the 'politics' of PAPA circuit, sorry. I think this is a very good move to go this direction, however, and looking forward to trying to see if we can get some kind of shenanigans going on down here for PC.

For TX specifically, locations are a huge issue. The collectors that have big collections don't have them in a big facility, they're in homes, which isn't really great for 64+ people. The places that have games on site have a whole host of issue which is pointless to get into, because they will never be suitable locations. Our best bet would be tying to TPF or HAAG, IMO, and either of those is probably a stretch. TPF because I think the general consensus is that the tournaments there are not generally TOO serious to try and get more people to play, and HAAG because as long as they insist on making your ears bleed, I have no personal interest in attending their show or having an event alongside it.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2015-2016-papa-circuit-schedule and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.