Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 43 posts
  • 29 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

yarks.jpg
    344644-i.jpg
    #1 9 years ago

Discuss.

#3 9 years ago

I learned that the company I bought my first NIB in 2013 still didn't/ can't complete my game code in 2014
    But can make 2 other machines, also remake one from 2010 and a new operating system and another machine for 2015. And buy a new factory. And also start building a remake for another company.

But apparantly Its my fault for buying it early.

#4 9 years ago

That startups cant keep people that payed into their company by use of a prepay model (that is also dead now) out of the dev or progression of the machine being built. So basicly working in absolute secrecy after the title has been anounced and sold is a big no no. I also learned that Pinheads are a pretty amazing bunch. The ones that produce the pins has quite a few bad apples that really need to be weeded out

#5 9 years ago

I learnt the major and minor pentatonic scales, although it didn't take all year.

#6 9 years ago

I took my electronics knowledge forward by a couple orders of magnitude. Thanks pinball!

#8 9 years ago

My days of pre ordering r over

#9 9 years ago

Building pinball machines is hard, we should have learnt that in 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010.........

#10 9 years ago

not to feed the troll

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinstor12:

My days of pre ordering r over

Ditto to that!

#12 9 years ago

Have safe sex !

No more doggy style

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #14 9 years ago

I learned to turn my machines OFF before I try working on the electronics.

#15 9 years ago

I learned that opinions are just that.

And that playing a game for yourself is the only way to know what you like!!

(so The Shadow is so so ... )

#16 9 years ago

I learned that I'm ok with dropping out of the MMr madness. Haven't kept up with it the last 3 months, but still can't believe the pin hasn't been made yet.

#17 9 years ago

You will probably get an opportunity someday of a nice huo, cheaper.

#18 9 years ago

I've also learnt that manufacturers will die and planks won't be built.

Post edited by moderator: We do not allow the lionman comments into threads other than the one where it is already at . . .

#19 9 years ago

A small list of owners/sellers to not buy from.

NEVER pre-order a pin. Period

#20 9 years ago

I learned that 1200+ WPC pinball machines could use one of my daughterboards... and Pinside is a great way to communicate with people. WOW!

-Rob
    -Visit http://www.kahr.us to get my daughterboard that helps fix WPC pinball resets

#21 9 years ago

That there are a lot more people working on their own homebrew machines. Re-themes are cool and all, but once you get into the PF design and all, you have me very impressed. I hope to start a project of my own soon enough if I can clear off a few other projects first.

#22 9 years ago

Things I learned in 2014:

1- Hawaii is in the Hawaiian timezone.
    2- "Spelt" is a completely correct alternative to "spelled."
    3- How to ride a motorcycle.
    4- I can own my very own pinball!
    5- To verify the brand name on the label of new soldering iron tips; just because it's on the same shelf in a very similar looking package does not mean it's the right brand.
    6- How to solder (this is still in progress)
    7- That the literal translation of "Je ne sais quoi," means "I don't know what." And that's hilarious.
    8- My girlfriend is better at SS than I am

#23 9 years ago

That cats will always bounce if dropped from a great height, but it doesn't always mean they will survive the fall.

#24 9 years ago

I learned that 2015 still came despite all the doomsayers.

#25 9 years ago

Judging from some of the stupid posts here on Pinside, I'd say some people learned absolutely nothing.

#26 9 years ago

1. Years go by faster the older a guy gets
    2. If a corporate VP's mouth is moving, they are probably lying

#27 9 years ago

I also learned there is no such thing as Q2.

#28 9 years ago

I learned that Hitler as a lot of anger issues involving pinball.

#29 9 years ago

I learned that series circuits still exist!

#30 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

That cats will always bounce if dropped from a great height, but it doesn't always mean they will survive the fall.

Host a meet and be nice to your cat.

#31 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

How many cats were used in this experiment and was the height the same or different each time?

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Host a meet and be nice to your cat.

Bulldogs are always welcome, because we'll need them to keep the lapdogs at bay.

Quoted from Wamprat:

How many cats were used in this experiment and was the height the same or different each time?

Enough to show that relying on past performance alone is not a guarantee of future success.

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from pinsanity:

Bulldogs are always welcome, because we'll need them to keep the lapdogs at bay.

Enough to show that relying on past performance alone is not a guarantee of future success.

Thank you for clarifying, keep up the good work.

#34 9 years ago
    Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Not to buy a dog without seeing aerial photos first.

I'd clone that thing.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I'd clone that thing.

You could just pet the dog instead although my mum says it'll make you go blind if you pet him too much.

#36 9 years ago

Send that dog to school with the kids for pet day.

yarks.jpgyarks.jpg
    #37 9 years ago

I learned, that I should change my DENTIST in 2015 ....

#38 9 years ago

PF restoration is a pain in the ass and takes forever. Plus stripping the underside of 3 PFs at the same time is very boring and will make your living room a mess of plastic bags. And the third thing, many problems on pins have easy fixes like a lose wire and can be found pretty easily once you get the hang of it.

#39 9 years ago

Preorder early, preorder often, LE every time?

#40 9 years ago

Learned that WWE is apparently so bad that the pro is hitting the secondary market before even being officially announced!!! WTF?

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/16819

#41 9 years ago

I learned that 2 "B" level games are NOT equal to one "A" game, and that you'll be happier with fewer of your grail pins at a higher price than you will be with more cheap pins you don't like as much.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Learned that WWE is apparently so bad that the pro is hitting the secondary market before even being officially announced!!! WTF?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/16819

Placed on the 13th of January 2015. Since you're Pinside royalty I'll let it slide.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from FatAussieBogan:

Placed on the 13th of January 2015. Since you're Pinside royalty I'll let it slide.

Yes, and official press release for WWE is expected today Hondanut.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-what-did-we-learn and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.