(Topic ID: 88667)

2014 Pinball at the Zoo Original Event Artwork Up for Auction this Saturday!

By RyanClaytor

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WP_20140425_039_1600x901.jpg
    WP_20140425_033_676x1200.jpg
    DSC08503.jpg
    DSC08502.jpg
    DSC08501.jpg
    DSC08500.jpg
    DSC08499.jpg
    DSC08495.jpg
    DSC08497.jpg
    DSC08496.jpg
    DSC08494.jpg
    DSC08492.jpg
    2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg
    DSC08505.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

DSC08492.jpgDSC08492.jpg

Hi Guys,

Now that the first day of Pinball at the Zoo 2014 is underway, I wanted to announce that I'll be putting my original artwork from the event T-shirts, Posters, and Flyers in the auction on Saturday.

2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg2014PatZFramedOriginalArt.jpg

I just finished personally double-matting and framing this myself. I'm REALLY proud of how this (both the artwork and the framing) all turned out. The final framed dimensions are 36"x28"

I even included a matted "tombstone" at the bottom with some artwork information:

DSC08494.jpgDSC08494.jpg

As you can see above, it's the last print off the line in the limited-run of 50.

In the original artwork, you can see the blue pencil construction lines I made to kinda figure-out where all the characters were going to go and how they would look. I'll include a few close-ups here:

DSC08500.jpgDSC08500.jpg

DSC08497.jpgDSC08497.jpg

DSC08495.jpgDSC08495.jpg

DSC08496.jpgDSC08496.jpg

DSC08499.jpgDSC08499.jpg

On the right side of the frame you have the beautifully screen-printed oversized poster. This is the same process used to print pinball playfields and plastic sets for many years. Here are a few zooms of the poster:

DSC08505.jpgDSC08505.jpg

DSC08503.jpgDSC08503.jpg

DSC08502.jpgDSC08502.jpg

DSC08501.jpgDSC08501.jpg

I have $100 in framing and materials alone, so that's the only reserve I'll put on it. We'll see where it goes from there.

If anyone is interested in bidding remotely, PM me and we'll try to figure out a way for you to participate.

Finally, thanks for all the interest in my artwork this year, guys. You've all made this a really gratifying experince. I'll be at the show on Friday and behind the front table signing autographs from 2-3pm. I hope to meet a few of you there. Aside from my 1 hour signing, I'll be playing as many games as I can that afternoon. I'll be the one with the 10-month-old child strapped to his chest. Please say hello!

Take care,
    Ryan Claytor
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

#4 9 years ago

Thanks, pmwolf and Shadow_E! Much appreciated.

#8 9 years ago
    Quoted from Joemus:

Wow, very cool!

Thanks, Joemus!

Quoted from yancy:

I was thrilled to bring this home for a steal of a price, $200. Thanks again to Ryan for making 2014 the best-looking PATZ ever.

Yancy!!! So great to see you on this thread, and thanks for all your kind words. Just sent you a PM. I'll just say that I'm really glad this went to a good home.

Quoted from yancy:

I meant to track him down to say "hi" on Friday, but I was continually distracted by pins, friends, donuts & beer. Good problem to have.

Really wish we could have met in person! Hopefully we can connect at a future event, since...

Quoted from pmWolf:

...and a baby.

...as you can see, I'm not hard to find. I'm the proud papa with the toddler attached to his chest.

#10 9 years ago

Yancy: "I was thrilled to bring this home for a steal of a price, $200."

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from LEE400:

Oops, I missed that as I was reading down the post. Thank You

Ha-ha! No problem, man.

1 week later
    #15 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update here. We're CONSIDERING reprinting the 2014 Pinball at the Zoo T-shirts, due to the overwhelming demand. Details can be found in this new thread:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-shirt-re-pre-order#post-1646440

Thanks, again, for all your support!

Ryan Claytor - 2014 Pinball at the Zoo Event Artist
    Elephant Eater Comics
    www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-pinball-at-the-zoo-original-event-artwork-up-for-auction-this-saturday?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.