Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 23 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

MrPinball2014FrontCover2.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

Anybody have an idea when the 2014 guide will be out? I could have sworn the 2013 guide was out already around this time last year. Not complaining of course, just curious when to expect it.

#2 10 years ago

How accurate is the guide? I've been thinking about getting one.

#3 10 years ago

All pricing is very subjective, but it's a nice base to start from. It's been fairly accurate for most games I've seen.

#4 10 years ago

Thanks, I'll also be keeping an eye out for the latest edition.

#5 10 years ago

A week is a long time in politics. A year is 52 times longer in pinball. Get that zen in you.

#6 10 years ago

I like the guide as well. I use it as a base for any negotiations.....reality will always be a game is only worth what someone will pay, but in a pinch its a good thing to have with you....occasionally the internet does go down, or is not available and its been around and is well established.

#7 10 years ago

Like hogan, like Irwin, like urban this mrpinball guide is bigger in the states than in the domestic market. Like fosters.

#9 10 years ago

I emailed them in August and they said they were shooting for October.

I emailed them at the beginning of November and they said they were still hoping to have it out by the end of November.

bigdaddy-enterprises.com says it's due in stock the second week of December.

#10 10 years ago

I tried preordering from bigdaddy-enterprises.com but it did not work

#11 10 years ago

Whoops. Forgot to change the value of the cart, fixed now. You might have to refresh your page (F5).

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from toddsvec:

Whoops. Forgot to change the value of the cart, fixed now.

Thank you, preorder made.

#13 10 years ago

We were just talking about this today, I purchased the 2013 guide on Nov 24, 2012 so I knew it had to be coming soon...

#14 10 years ago

Don't know why anybody would spend money on any guide, that is automatically outdated? Condition of game is never mentioned?

Markets can change fast on a particular game.

Just pay attention to websites, friends, etc......do your own homework.

#15 10 years ago

Value (prices listed) is discussed in the Introduction.
    They also clarify that retail values may be up to twice that listed in the Mr Pinball Price Guide.

I give it a thumbs up for a nice quick reference guide that also has production numbers and other interesting info.

#16 10 years ago

I'm just curious if the 2014 guide has a price increase or decrease for MM.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from kwiKimart:

I'm just curious if the 2014 guide has a price increase or decrease for MM.

Since its based on historic data/actual sales, my guess is the MM remake will not be factored into this edition

#18 10 years ago

It's a great guide and worth the pickup. It provides a good base for prices, though we all know they are subjective, and when you show up at a non-pinheads house to look at a machine, it can bring them back into reality on pricing (it's worked for me several times). Having something that is "official" can sway a lot of sellers who have no reference for the market.

#19 10 years ago

Singlebanana points out an excellent use. Taking it to the home of a seller who has no clue about value and has used ebay and dealer prices to establish a value. I have done that and it worked out well.

Also if you are really green the hobby, it is very useful to get a good baseline price. It pains me to talk with new collectors who's prices come from ebay listing (not sales, listings!!!) "I got this game for a great price, $100 less than the ebay price!!!"

The guide does have a few pages on subtracting values for damage/non-working. Also info about the average cost for various repairs/parts.

Sure people will say the guide is out of date before it is printed, but it is not wildly off for the vast majority of games. Even now as I look at my 2013 price guide I would not say things are very different for most of the games I come in contact with. A few hundred dollars, but not double or half in value.

1 month later
    #20 10 years ago

Much delayed but in stock and mailing today. http://bigdaddy-enterprises.com/books/books-index.htm#mrpinball

For those more comfortable with buying on eBay, ebay.com link: ebay.com

Thanks for those that pre-ordered!!MrPinball2014FrontCover2.jpgMrPinball2014FrontCover2.jpg

1 month later
    #21 10 years ago

Just ordered. Late to the party but about to make my first pin purchase and this will come in handy. Thanks!

#22 10 years ago

I bought one to help with my first pin purchase and have been glad I did generally. The value of the pins I've been looking to get is about what I expected, but it was helpful to have another source to validate that.

#23 10 years ago

I have bought the Mr.Pinball guide every year it comes out for last 15+ years,
    why, i do not know, just supporting the hobby
    also buy pinballeric price guide
    but recently found this new website
    that collects sales data on pins of actual sales
    most are ebay sales but other private transactions are included
    http://www.pinballprice.com/
    also bostonpinball.biz is another older site to reference
    but the pinballprice.com site seems a bit spiffier.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2014-mr-pinball-price-guide and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.