Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Legacy
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

Happy New Year!

We hope you had a great holiday season and wish everyone the best going into 2013! We have some great show news this month

First and foremost, we've made some changes to the pricing table. We know things can get very busy around the holidays so we are extending our discounted $35 adult weekend pass offer until January 15th. On January 16th, the price will go up so if you haven't pre-registered, do it now and save up to $15 plus enjoy all the goodies that come with being a pre-registered guest. Don't wait!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/pre-registration/

Help spread the word. The 2013 Texas Pinball Festival flyer is ready for download. Get it here, print it, and post it at work, school, your favorite resturant (they won't mind... really) and help get the word out!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/wp-content/images/2012/12/TPF2013_Flyer.pdf

Call for games! The Texas Pinball Festival wouldn't be the great show that it is if it weren't for all the great vendors and exhibitors that bring their games to the show. With our new venue and HUGE exhibit hall, WE NEED MORE GAMES! Bring a pinball machine or classic arcade game to the show, and get in free all weekend as an Exhibitor AND gain access to our exclusive after party on Saturday night. Register Now!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/exhibitors/

We have another perk for our Exhibitors... The Texas Pinball Festival has purchased a large quantity of official PinGulp Beverage Caddies by Pinball Life, and will offer them exclusively to TPF pinball machine Exhibitors at a discount in exchange for mounthing them on their machines during the show. Exhibitors will be able to purchase the caddies Thursday and Friday during show set up while supplies last. Additional details will be sent to Exhibitors along with set-up instructions.

We're excited to announce that popular pinball designer Dennis Nordman will be attending the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival. Dennis’ hits includes: “Blackwater 100?, “Elvira and the Party Monsters”, “Pirates of the Caribbean”, “Scared Stiff”, “Wheel of Fortune”, and many others. Read more on the TPF home page.

In case you haven't heard already, the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival Raffle Machine is a brand new Stern “Avengers” (Pro model) valued at $5,699 MSRP. The Avengers Pro will be the grand prize in our Red Cross Raffle awarded at the conclusion of the show on Sunday, March 17th at 2:30pm. Tickets can only be purchased at the show and you must be present to win. Other great door prizes will also be given away throughout the show to ticket holders.

Pinball Controllers is now Multimorphic. And Multimorphic is well on their way to delivering a next-generation pinball machine. Gerry Stellenberg is in the seminar line-up for the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival. Read more on the TPF home page.

Alan Lewis returns for the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival. He’ll be concentrating on two topics: “Using a Camera as a Scanner for Playfield Repair” and “Repairing Sunken Inserts”. Read more on the TPF home page.

If you haven't already made your hotel reservations, do it now. Rooms for guests of the 2013 Texas Pinball Festival start at $115.00 per night. Once our block of rooms is sold out, we cannot guarantee the same rate for additional rooms.
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/hotel/

Follow us on facebook for up faster show updates and news!
    http://facebook.com/texaspinball

That's all for now!

The Texas Pinball Festival Team!
    http://texaspinball.com/tpf/

#2 11 years ago

If I sign up to bring a game and end up wanting to bring a different one, how do I go about having that info updated?

I personally think you should extend the discounted weekend passes until late February. Doesn't quite seem fair to the people who just hear about the TPF in February and get hit with the higher cost of admission. Just my opinion.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I personally think you should extend the discounted weekend passes until late February. Doesn't quite seem fair to the people who just hear about the TPF in February and get hit with the higher cost of admission. Just my opinion.

So run the discount until 2 weeks before the show? Might as well call it the admission price and forgo the discount. I don't get it. A discount is typically an incentive, if it were basically open ended then there is no incentive.

#4 11 years ago

If I sign up to bring a game and end up wanting to bring a different one, how do I go about having that info updated?

If you sign up to bring a game and the title changes, just shoot me and email and I'll update your registration.

Noted, but the purpose of the tiered pre-registration pricing is to reward those that register early (and we have extended the time to get the $35 price by two weeks). So tell everybody you know

#5 11 years ago

Hey Ed.Do you know what vendor brought the BW backbox warning screens and neons last year?

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from bballfan:

Hey Ed.Do you know what vendor brought the BW backbox warning screens and neons last year?

Yes. His name is John Vorwerk. In fact, He just signed up tonight to return as a vendor.
    -Ed

#7 11 years ago

Thanks!

#8 11 years ago

I hope to make it again this Yr , Had a Great Tyme last March , Especially since this was the 1st Show to Exploit AC/DC Prem and LE 's .. I meet Alot of You Texas guy's , Just wished we could've hung out More .. A Very Busy Show !!! Here was 1 of 3 video's I took ...

http://www.youtube.com/user/BLACKROSEMF/featured

#9 11 years ago

B R come on down this year and well have a few beers. I always like to get a booth, makes for a great home base as i can sit down and keep an eye on my games. My Tron LE (ENCOM Edition) will most likely return this year with at least a couple other games and multicade parts a plenty.

Cant wait for March.

#10 11 years ago

The game list is also shaping up nicely for still being 2.5 months out.

http://texaspinball.com/tpf/game-line-up/

#11 11 years ago

so exited. My 33rd birthday is March 16 and i have already purchased plane, car, hotel and show tickets. out of Wisconsin in mid march and into dallas!

can't wait!!!

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from KingPinGames:

so exited. My 33rd birthday is March 16 and i have already purchased plane, car, hotel and show tickets. out of Wisconsin in mid march and into dallas!
    can't wait!!!

Awesome!

I'm taking Friday off of work. This will be fun!

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from hassellcastle:

My TRON LE (ENCOM Edition) will most likely return this year

#14 11 years ago

My first ever pin event. Very excited.

#15 11 years ago

B_R that TRON in your vid from last year looks familiar.

#16 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jared:

My first ever pin event. Very excited.

Time of your life.

If I might suggest. Based on a person's first Expo experience in 2000.

Go there and apply yourself. Set out to have fun. Step up and shake hands, introduce yourself, participate. Be active.

You often get out of a show what you put into it.

You'll be glad you did and can't wait until the next show.

LTG : )

#17 11 years ago

I'm looking forward to making it back this year. I had to miss last year for a wedding. Some family members just don't think pinball is more important than going to a wedding.

Jason

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from SchertzPinball:

I'm looking forward to making it back this year. I had to miss last year for a wedding. Some family members just don't think pinball is more important than going to a wedding.
    Jason

Some people are just so insensitive

#19 11 years ago

I am sure this is a dumb question but will there be people there to help unload? Will I need to bring a dolly or will some be provided?

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Capper96:

I am sure this is a dumb question but will there be people there to help unload? Will I need to bring a dolly or will some be provided?

"Officially" Exhibitors are responsible for set up and break down of their games, but there are always folks willing to help and folks are usually pretty good about loaning dollies. I myself will have a dolly and pinball lift table at the show you are welcome to borrow.
    -Ed

#21 11 years ago

Most everyone that exhibits at TPF is pretty self sufficient. I've never seen a statement from the organizers that says they have "staff' for unloading but if you need help there's plenty of people roaming about. If you need it just ask for help, everybody at TPF is friendly (except that Elevation Games guy, he's one crabby fucker on Thursday evening but much better by Friday ) Seriously though, I'll have 2 hand dolly's and 2 pinball dolly's, if were not using them during setup come find me and I'm happy to lend them out.

#22 11 years ago

You never know who will be standing around to help you.
    Last year Steve Ritchie helped me unload one of my games from my vehicle.

#23 11 years ago

I've got the weekend marked on my calendar. Looking forward to experiencing my first Texas Pinball Festival.

#24 11 years ago

We need to organize some sort of Pinside meet-up this year. There was talk about it but did we ever get something going? Someone was working on a website to print out Pinside nametags did that ever get off the ground? I would love to put a face with the the Pinside aliases. Looking forward to it

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

We need to organize some sort of Pinside meet-up this year.

That's a great idea. I was there last year and probably walked right past Pinsiders I know without ever knowing it. Looking forward to the roomier venue this year!

#26 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

If you need it just ask for help, everybody at TPF is friendly (except that Elevation Games guy, he's one crabby fucker on Thursday evening but much better by Friday ) Seriously though, I'll have 2 hand dolly's and 2 pinball dolly's, if were not using them during setup come find me and I'm happy to lend them out.

Thursday loading day? I'll be driving down from Austin early Friday morning and if you need some help loading up your pins I'm more then happy to make a pit stop on the way. My dad was born and raised in Itaska which isn't far from you. Wouldn't be to bad to take a detour and drive through his old town and come help out. Just let me know.

P.S. - Are you the guy that had the JP for sale at the festival last year? If so, I'm that pain in the rear that couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to buy it or not. Don't hold that against me

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Thursday loading day? I'll be driving down from Austin early Friday morning and if you need some help loading up your pins I'm more then happy to make a pit stop on the way. My dad was born and raised in Itaska which isn't far from you. Wouldn't be to bad to take a detour and drive through his old town and come help out. Just let me know.
    P.S. - Are you the guy that had the JP for sale at the festival last year? If so, I'm that pain in the rear that couldn't make up my mind if I wanted to buy it or not. Don't hold that against me

I bring plenty of help but thank you for the offer. By mid day Friday we better be playing pinball in my booth not setting them up. I honestly don't remember if I brought a JP last year or if it was the year before. Either way I don't begrudge anyone for struggling with a pin purchase, they are expensive toys.

#28 11 years ago

you need to do a prepay one day pass. I cant stay all weekend but $30 for one day and $35 for all 3 just seem off. Maybe do a $15-20 prepay for one day for those of us that cant stay all weekend.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from marlboroa:

you need to do a prepay one day pass. I cant stay all weekend but $30 for one day and $35 for all 3 just seem off. Maybe do a $15-20 prepay for one day for those of us that cant stay all weekend.

Do you want me to give you $10 for the day???

Go price out the Chicago Expo and many other shows around the US, $35 for a 3 day weekend pass is like buying a $3000 MM...a no brainer and a smokin' deal. You have one of the best pinball shows less than 3 hours from your house...I want you to enjoy it...I can spot you the $10 if it helps put you at ease.

#30 11 years ago

you missed my point. If a one day is $30 and the weekend is on sale now for $35 and you get all the extra stuf with it then I'm going to buy the pass anyway. It was not a "I can't afford $10 bucks thing". It was more of a "family" thing. A lot of people have kids and might not go cause they have to drop $200 at the door. Give them a discount and more of them might show up. Either way it was just a suggestion and I'll be there and the kids will be with grandma

#31 11 years ago

If that Night Moves doesn't actually make it, I may cry a little. That's a big tease if it doesn't show..

#32 11 years ago

Will there be cabinet caddys to assist in moving the games into position, or do we have to slave away for 400 feet from a loading dock like the pyramid builders? LOL...

#33 11 years ago

I will be there and would support the idea of a pinsider meet up if we can get something organized.

#34 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

I will be there and would support the idea of a pinsider meet up if we can get something organized.

Silver City is right down the road. We meet there and I'm in!

#35 11 years ago

I still would like to know if you guys are doing womens shirt this year. I am holding off ordering my shirt because I don't know if I should order a youth medium for my fiance or wait and see if ya'll are going to have womens again.

#36 11 years ago

I'm bringing my NBA, some arcades and maybe a second pin.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Silver City is right down the road. We meet there and I'm in!

LOL.. that's like a mile from where I work.

#39 11 years ago

That was actually already answered.

"Officially" Exhibitors are responsible for set up and break down of their games, but there are always folks willing to help and folks are usually pretty good about loaning dollies. I myself will have a dolly and pinball lift table at the show you are welcome to borrow.
    -Ed "

High level, no, their will not be offical assistance but in reality if you need help their is generally a lot of willing helpers. You just may have to ask someone.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

I still would like to know if you guys are doing womens shirt this year. I am holding off ordering my shirt because I don't know if I should order a youth medium for my fiance or wait and see if ya'll are going to have womens again.

Yes we will be printing some women's shirts and hoodies, but we are not pre-selling these like last year. We will have them along with TPF ball caps available for sale at the registration table. You should have no problem getting one as long as you get it early on Friday
    -Ed

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from Ed_in_Texas:

Yes we will be printing some women's shirts and hoodies, but we are not pre-selling these like last year. We will have them along with TPF ball caps available for sale at the registration table. You should have no problem getting one as long as you get it early on Friday
    -Ed

Great, thank you.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2013-texas-pinball-festival-news-for-january and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.