Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Allibaster
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Prius_V_Pinball_Hauler.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

A pinball friend picked up a new Prius V this past fall with the intention of hauling pinball with it. As long as the head is off, I think most any game would fit in it.

Here is a picture of him moving his Haunted House in it with room for another head at the rear if needed.

Prius_V_Pinball_Hauler.jpgPrius_V_Pinball_Hauler.jpg

Mike O.
    Team-EM

#2 11 years ago

No one has any comments on this green pin hauler?

Mike O.

#3 11 years ago

I dig it!

#4 11 years ago

I've hauled wedgeheads in my 2008 Prius. I was actually just lookng at these at the dealership the other day when I went took my car in for service. I thought it might be a little big for me but being able to haul a full size game would be a big incentive. Hardly nothing bad to say about my Prius after owning it for five years. It's a great vehicle.

#5 11 years ago

Probably the most economical pin mover......but taking the head off every time would be a major PITA.

#6 11 years ago

Ugh...yeah, no thanks. Removing heads = sucky. It's crazy that it fits in there though.. and that's a widebody to boot.

I've been really happy with the used 2005 Civic Hybrid I recently bought... getting 44 mpg, vs the ~25 I was getting with the Rav4 it replaced.

7 months later
    #7 10 years ago

I've picked up a few EMs in my Prius no problem. Great gas mileage for those long trips. I still haven't been brave enough to haul a WPC for fear it wouldn't fit even after removing the head, but I've seen pics that prove otherwise. For the risky trips I take my Pontiac Aztek. Ugly? Yes, but a great hauler. Last week I fit a shuffle alley in with no problem.

#8 10 years ago

Had someone pick up a RCT last year at expo with a Prius.

#9 10 years ago

I have a Prius V but not sure how the wife would take to me hauling pinball machines in her car.

#10 10 years ago

My friend, who is a pinsider(Trevism), was looking at the Prius, but ended up with the Honda FIT. He said the Honda would move a WPC with the backbox down and the Prius would not. Maybe, it is the perfect pinball mover...a perfect FIT.

#11 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

Had someone pick up a RCT last year at expo with a Prius.

He put an arcade game monitor in the extra space. Remember?

#12 10 years ago

I have a company van with a gas card. Now thats a pinball mover.

#13 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pafasa:

He put an arcade game monitor in the extra space. Remember?

Oh yeah, all that extra space, 2 people, a pin, and a monitor!

#14 10 years ago

I like the fact there's still extra room in the back.

#15 10 years ago

If you have to take the head off, it's not a pin hauler. I wouldn't call a Prius "green" either.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2013-prius-v-pinball-hauler and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.