• No. It took more than a day to get the game playable. 9 votes
    4%
  • I never got the game to work 3 votes
    1%

(206 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

poll_(resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Please participate in the poll ONLY if you bought a New-In-Box (NIB) Stern Metallica, Star Trek, IMVE, MMr, Mustang, Walking Dead, WWE, KISS, Game of Thrones, SMVE or Ghostbusters (as an aside: that's a lot of games in 3 years). I'm intentionally omitting cosmetic issues to make this a simple objective poll. Either the game played like it was supposed to, or it didn't. Please don't use this poll to ding Stern on cosmetic problems (start a new thread for that, if you'd like).

If you bought more than one of the games Stern made since 2013, please vote on your most recent one.

Feel free to comment on your out-of-box experience overall.

#2 8 years ago

2013 MET Pro: playable once I adjusted the switch gap on the left flipper, and the height of the magnets (which were trapping the ball). Right outlane switch would cause the first drop target to register. We tracked this down to a diode on that switch.

No problems whatsoever since those initial problems - game has been solid for over 2000 plays.

#8 8 years ago

I'll leave it up to each person to decide what "normal setup" means. If you're an op, that might include things like adjusting switches. If you're a home buyer, it might not.

#10 8 years ago

Crap, I just realized a fundamental flaw in the poll. You only get 1 vote, even if you bought multiple NIB pins. If this is you, please vote using your most recent purchase.

#31 8 years ago

Nice to have a data-driven thread on this. The results are about what I expected, and don't reflect too badly on Stern at all IMO.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Rickwh:

Met pro 2013
Fine right outta box. Just a few bulbs burnt out. But i did break off one of the factory snake's teeth the first night.

Ha. Mine too. He wears his one-toothed grin with pride.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who's the one that never got their game to work? Curious to hear that story and what happened to the game.

Me too...I included that option just in case there was one, but didn't think there would be any.

#64 8 years ago

So the "glass mostly full" interpretation of the poll data is that you have a 94% chance of having a successful box-opening party as long as you have someone who knows how to fix minor problems, mostly adjusting switches and magnets or reconnecting connectors. Given the complexity and highly mechanical nature of these games, that's a pretty good track record.

poll_(resized).PNGpoll_(resized).PNG

#71 8 years ago
Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Just one NIB game, AC/DC Premium bought in 2013.
Cannon motor died during the second game after setting up for the first time. Took several months to get a replacement.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.95
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Advance, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swampfire.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2013-nib-owners-share-your-out-of-box-experience?tu=swampfire and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.