• Yes, but I had to fix something first. 46 votes
    22%
  • No. It took more than a day to get the game playable. 9 votes
    4%
  • I never got the game to work 3 votes
    1%

(206 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

poll_(resized).PNG

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

TWD: perfect

#52 3 years ago

Mustang LE - cold solder joint on trough opto, fixed that myself.

STLE - no sound coming out of cabinet sub after a few days. Took about 2 weeks and 2 different CPU boards to fix the problem but Game Exchange in Denver was on it and a pleasure to work with. One of the CPU boards had a chip with a few of the pins not inserted/bent but I noticed that and fixed it right away.

#53 3 years ago

MET Pro - August 2013 run, purchased NIB April 2014. Set up and played perfectly until a slow ball got stuck in the upper left orbit. Had to widen the space a little. Since then it has played with no issues. About a month into owning the game, I held the left flipper for about 30 seconds to answer a phone call and the transistor blew. Thought it was a fuse, but then after replacing the fuse twice, found it was the transistor on the board. Trent came over immediately and replaced the bad tranny. Coil stop blew out on one of the flippers another month or so down the road. Sent a picture of the part to Trent with my serial # and had a new coil stop in a few days from Stern. Probably have upwards of 5000 plays on it now. Love it!

#54 3 years ago

AC/DC Prem-NIB-Played great some Normal adjustments, after a month some issues with connectors that continue until I do the permanent fixes.
TWD Prem-NIB-Everything worked just a little bit of fine tuning
Still waiting on MetPro NIB

#56 3 years ago

I purchased IM and ST from a local dealer that delivered and set up. No problems whatsoever.

#57 3 years ago

Iron Man VE: Had to replace a rubber ring; the one that was in the top lane was just a fraction too big.
Walking Dead LE: Worked out of the box.
Whoa Nellie: Ever get an Ikea part drilled wrong? Had to drill new holes in the board between the cabinet and the head. Not too surprising - this was a custom cabinet, a one-off (or, a 300-off) that's totally unlike all the other cabinets. Shit happens. Stern took care of it.
Metallica Prem: Worked out of the box.

#58 3 years ago

IMVE worked great for a week. Opto went...stern sent new ones. Worked great for a few more days.DMD went out completely... Stern sent me a new one. Great ever since

#59 3 years ago

Who's the one that never got their game to work? Curious to hear that story and what happened to the game.

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Who's the one that never got their game to work? Curious to hear that story and what happened to the game.

Me too...I included that option just in case there was one, but didn't think there would be any.

#61 3 years ago

MET Pro- perfect while I had it for about one year.
STLE- Still perfect
KISS-premium game arrived and still in perfect condition... needs major code update.
AC/DC-Premium was perfect entire time I had it...
GOT-Premium- So far so good.. code updated today, play again tomorrow.
Very happy so far with Stern service.. they have helped twice for 2 games way out of warranty..
Patrick Powers actually helped with a lightbulb issue on my first used game... LOTR... I had no idea
how to operate/maintain a pb machine at the time.. hopefully will stay that way and why I keep buying NIB
these days....

#62 3 years ago

STLE - perfect out of the box.

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

ST Prem - perfect out of box.

Quoted from 27dnast:

ST Pro and WOZ... Both pretty much perfect out of the box

Quoted from Duff:

ST Pro: No issues out of the box

Quoted from KLR2014:

ST Premium : perfect

Quoted from Kneissl:

ST pro, played out of box.

Quoted from jgentry:

ST Pro - Had the vengeance magnet issue but stern sent new opto boards to fix the issue

Quoted from Rob_G:

ST Pro - No problems

Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Star Trek LE - No issues out of box, played perfect.

Quoted from indybru:

ST from a local dealer that delivered and set up. No problems whatsoever.

Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

STLE- Still perfect

Quoted from Nevus:

STLE - perfect out of the box.

With the exception of a few that reported issues with ST - looks like Stern got it right with this one.

#64 3 years ago

So the "glass mostly full" interpretation of the poll data is that you have a 94% chance of having a successful box-opening party as long as you have someone who knows how to fix minor problems, mostly adjusting switches and magnets or reconnecting connectors. Given the complexity and highly mechanical nature of these games, that's a pretty good track record.

poll_(resized).PNG

#65 3 years ago

2013 Met Pro - Was unboxed and set up in TPF tournament area. Worked fine, as did the other Pro that was unboxed at the same time (I would vote twice for this if I could..). Both games took 400+ plays over the weekend with no malfunctions that I am personally aware of, but I was not assisting with the tournament, just playing in it.

#66 3 years ago
Quoted from golfingdad1:

2015 ST Premium no sound out of the box.

Although figuring out the sound issue took a week or so after that my ST Premium has never had an issue, ever.

#67 3 years ago

ST Pro... missing Vengence ship
IM Ve... no shooter rod
Kiss Pro... shipped Paul figure without his Yoga sparkle pants

Of course kidding.

ST Pro... Perfect.
IM Ve... Perfect.
Kiss Pro...Perfect.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from hd60609:

IM Ve... no shooter rod

Shooter rods are over rated

#69 3 years ago

Met Pro, purchased NIB in June of 2014. No issues and will buy another Stern once they have a game I want AND the code is mature.

#70 3 years ago

Just one NIB game, AC/DC Premium bought in 2013.

Cannon motor died during the second game after setting up for the first time. Took several months to get a replacement.

#71 3 years ago
Quoted from Outlane-Avoider:

Just one NIB game, AC/DC Premium bought in 2013.
Cannon motor died during the second game after setting up for the first time. Took several months to get a replacement.

That sucks, sorry to hear that.

#72 3 years ago

Kiss LE - No clip on coinbox. It was rattling around cab for hundreds of miles in the back of a freight truck. Lucky nothing was destroyed.

#73 3 years ago

KISS Premium - 1st NIB and 1st pinball machine purchase. Received in early October 2015. No issues out of the box. A few minor issues since:

- About a week or two after receiving the machine, the Love Gun magnet motor stopped working. Tightened every connection under the playfield a dozen times and it finally started working again... no problems since.

- A couple months ago, the Backstage Pass scoop stopped awarding anything. Factory reset fixed this issue.

- A week or so after that, the IR beam under the demon head went out of alignment and nothing was being awarded. Adjustment to IR beam fixed this issue.

The game has been working fine ever since.

#74 3 years ago

IMVE: Worked perfect out of the box. About 50 plays in, one of the lugs broke off a flipper coil. Easy fix if you're comfortable with soldering.

GOT pro: Perfect out of the box.

#75 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

- A couple months ago, the Backstage Pass scoop stopped awarding anything. Factory reset fixed this issue.

This is also a known issue with the switch not staying closed while the ball is in the scoop.

Rob

1 week later
#76 3 years ago

Latest arrival, GOT LE. VUK coil bracket was missing a screw, and the remaining screw was loose. No other issues.

#77 3 years ago

Kind of a strange poll considering so few complaints of an out of box game. Even though I know someone who had out of box issues, 6% failure rate is higher than I expected. My issues tended to come later.

#78 3 years ago

Can any of the three votes for games that never worked please chime in? Very interested in the stories behind those and how it all ended up being resolved or not resolved.

#79 3 years ago

NIB ST/pre came out perfect,still going strong!Looking forward to GB/pre,who you gonna call???

#80 3 years ago

Gotta ask. A lot of GOT prem/LE owners posting their games worked perfectly out of the box. So all of you have left orbit shots that make a full orbit when it is supposed to (Martel mode for example)? Want to make sure it's not a case of not knowing what is supposed to happen. First time I played a GOTLE I thought it was by design/code that the ball went in the pops 100% of the time. After fixing that issue (mostly) I now know it to be a defect/issue.

TFLE - no issues
ST Pro - no issues
AC/DC Prem - no issues
Met LE - no issues ( I bought it used but I bought it from a friend whom got it NIB and it was fine)
AV pro - Lots of tweaks needed to play right
GOTLE - Lots of tweaks needed to play right

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
4,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cottonwood, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Ocoee, FL
There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside