12 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by dnhayden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Thought about this movie the other day. They stored some of the most priceless art pieces in sealed vaults to be put on the boats when the world ends, not a single pinball machine? Is this not art too? If you could only save one pinball for future generations, which one would it be? (and not necessarily the funnest, maybe one that best represents pinball, or one that has the most features represented).

#2 12 years ago

Baywatch....show the future world our obsession with vapid blondes with big knockers.

#3 12 years ago

I would be the first to do this myself, but honestly, if the end of the world was upon us and they were saving valuable pieces of art, I just don't think pinball would be included. It's the cold hard truth.

But of course, assuming we live in a fairytale land where everyone cares as much about pinball as we do, I'd want us to save Twilight Zone. I know a lot of people are going to say that too, but there's good reason. Twilght Zone was built to be the most excessive pinball machine ever. To this day, it still is. It has everything a great pinball machine should have: ramps, magnets, a mini playfield, toys (gum ball machine), cross playfield shots, great music, great theme, and the most classic of all wizard modes, the "Pat Lawlor style, everything is lit one by one on the dmd, now it's time for mega crazy multi ball".

So yeah TZ for sure.

#4 12 years ago

Yea I would have to second that, TZ does best represent all elements of pinball thus far.

#5 12 years ago

2012 is the beginning of impending doom of pinball. To many LE's and no one to buy them. I for one am hanging on to all my WMS DMD pins. By 2013 it will be interesting.

#6 12 years ago

wish they would concentrate on more titles and less titles with multiple different runs of each genre

#7 12 years ago

I would save Baywatch because the game is FN awesome! (More people should get out and actually try and play this one.)

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2012-save-the-pins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.