(Topic ID: 26050)

2012 Houston Area Arcade Expo

By Legacy

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

untitled.jpg
    HTC_Trophy_000155.jpg
    20121103_143439.jpg
    20121102_191156.jpg
    20121102_185314.jpg
    IMG-20121104-00098.jpg
    haag4.jpg
    haag2.jpg
    haag1.jpg
    IMG-20121102-00095.jpg
    Southeast_Montgomery-20121102-00094.jpg
    IMG-20121102-00092.jpg
    IMG-20121102-00093.jpg
    legs.jpg
    There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 11 years ago

I know it's a little early but is anyone planning on attending this Nov 2 & 3? Would like to meet some fellow pinsiders if you will be there.

#2 11 years ago

I will be there with my 10 year old son in tow. Starting another generation on the silver ball.
    Last year was my first time. Was a good show. Ended up buying my first dmd due to that show.

#3 11 years ago
    Quoted from Legacy:

I know it's a little early but is anyone planning on attending this Nov 2 & 3? Would like to meet some fellow pinsiders if you will be there.

I will be attending as well as helping Tim with the tournaments.

Marcus

#5 11 years ago

Will be there with a small group of SW Louisiana pinsiders. Can't wait!!!

#6 11 years ago

Will be there with a small group of SW Louisiana pinsiders. Can't wait!!!

#7 11 years ago

Gonna have to set something up so I can meet some of you guys.

#8 11 years ago

I hope to be one of the south Louisiana Pinsiders that make it over the Houston Arcade Expo in early Nov.
    Have not been to it before, .....but did make it to my 1st Tx Pinball Fest earlier this year.

#9 11 years ago

I am hoping this list will grow fast in the next couple of weeks.
    http://arcadecenter.com/showgames.asp

My list of pinball machines I plan on taking to the show.
    Twilight Zone
    Bram Stokers Dracula
    Dr. Dude
    one or two others? Not yet determined.

This is my 4th year to be bringing machines.
    The three listed above will have the Ablaze LEDs from Pinball Life.

My latest video of Dracula that has many 4-LEDs installed.

The Texas Pinball Festival back in March was a blast.

Brian

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Xerico:

I will be attending as well as helping Tim with the tournaments.
    Marcus

I will be there too, hopefully helping Marcus with tournaments like I did at TPF (also picking up my Space Odyssey). : )

- Mike

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I hope to be one of the south Louisiana Pinsiders that make it over the Houston Arcade Expo in early Nov.
    Have not been to it before, .....but did make it to my 1st Tx Pinball Fest earlier this year.

We need a Louisiana party night : )

I think there will be at least 2-3 people from NOLA heading down as well.

#12 11 years ago

I will be there as well. I attended for the first time at last years Expo and bought my first and second pin at the swap meet. 11 months later and I just picked up my 14th pin this morning. ( I may have a problem)

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from gstellenberg:

We'll be there with the P3!
    - Gerry
    http://www.multimorphic.com

I was on the fence but if this is coming I'll fall to the side of going. I didn't get a chance to look it over at TPF. Working a booth with 28 pins can be time consuming

#14 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

We need a Louisiana party night : )
    I think there will be at least 2-3 people from NOLA heading down as well.

This is a great idea!!!

#15 11 years ago

I will be there, can't wait.

#16 11 years ago

I'm ok w/ expanding the LA party night to Ark-La-Tex party nite, ...and/or actually to any Pinsiders that make it to the Hou Arcade show.
    Will we be partying the entire time, Fri nite thru Sat nite?

#17 11 years ago

I'm still debating doing this one. Whoever's in charge of space, please contact me.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    314-766-4587

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I'm ok w/ expanding the LA party night to Ark-La-Tex party nite, ...and/or actually to any Pinsiders that make it to the Hou Arcade show.
    Will we be partying the entire time, Fri nite thru Sat nite?

I'm all for it. At least we should try to set up some communal dinner.

Anyone bringing anything for the swap meet?

#19 11 years ago

I will be there.

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I'm still debating doing this one. Whoever's in charge of space, please contact me.
    --

Rob,

You will have to make contact with them, neither of the organizers are on Pinside.

Looks like info is here http://arcadecenter.com/Exhibitors.asp

#21 11 years ago

Brian is a good dude. He'll help you out.

#22 11 years ago
    Quoted from Marc:

Rob,
    You will have to make contact with them, neither of the organizers are on Pinside.
    Looks like info is here http://arcadecenter.com/Exhibitors.asp

Someone at TPF (not TPF orginizers) asked me to do this one, but hadn't heard anything at all. Thanks for the info.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    314-766-4587

#23 11 years ago

I'm sure you'll do good business at Haag. You've got a great array of good stuff for sale at nice prices

Do you ever do talks about board repair?

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Do you ever do talks about board repair?

I've been asked by most shows I do and my response is always that they'd need to have an EMT on standby because I get crazy nervous speaking in front of a crowd and I'd likely pass out.

I've been told I'm very good at it, but it doesn't change the fact that I'd be shaking uncontrollably and be very uncomfortable. I'm just not a public speaker.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    314-766-4587

#25 11 years ago

Hopefully I can make it again this year. Always a fun show.

#26 11 years ago

Rob,
    I sent a message to Keith. Here is his Pinside profile. I doubt he is on here much.
    http://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/gandalfnet

Just as Marc pointed out, you can just go to that link he provided.

I hope you make it out.

Brian

#27 11 years ago

I'm hoping to go, but it involves convincing my daughter to go to play pins/vids instead of going on a campout with her American Heritage Girls troup. I missed the campout last year due to biz travel, so I need to go if that's what she prefers.

Accepting any ideas on how to convince my 8 year-old girl to go to Houston Expo instead of camping.

It's a win-win either way, but I still prefer pin fests to camping.

#28 11 years ago

Nothing wrong w/ playing "let's make a deal".
    Hook her up w/ an offer that's too good to refuse, ....in a nice way.

* Promise her an awesome birthday party ...(but you gotta come thru, no sandbagging).
    * Or would schlitterbahn interest her for next summer, ...if she could bring 2 - 3 of her best friends?
    * Horse back riding lessons?
    * Florida vacation next summer, beaches and/or seaworld/disneyworld?

Some of these things you're probably plan on doing anyway, so it's not like this is really gonna cost you. Hope this helps,
    Mike

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

I've been asked by most shows I do and my response is always that they'd need to have an EMT on standby because I get crazy nervous speaking in front of a crowd and I'd likely pass out.
    I've been told I'm very good at it, but it doesn't change the fact that I'd be shaking uncontrollably and be very uncomfortable. I'm just not a public speaker.

I think that's normal. You just need a little more experience and you'll get used to it (well, I don't know if anybody really feels totally comfortable talking to large groups but it gets less intimidating the more you try). Houston would be a great place to try because it's a smaller crowd than TPF.

In your case, just trot your dog in. That'll break the ice... he's really cool. : )

#30 11 years ago

Hey guys. If I make it I will have my 4 boys with me. It will be a handful but I would like to expose them to the games and the show. I'll update soon. I have some arcades that I would love to trade/sell but that's not the time for me to bring them.

#31 11 years ago

Update!

I just called and booked. The $72 rooms are still available, you just have to call. I'm looking forward to seeing all of you in November.

#32 11 years ago

Anybody want to meet up early and try to see if we can visit Dan at the Lone Star Pinball Museum?

#33 11 years ago

Thanks for reminding me Nevus, I need to make my room reservations.
    I'll be driving down with my wife and 9 year old. Younger son will stay with grandparents that weekend.

I'm for sure bringing our touchscreen game and hopefully a pinball (I have a custom project in the works). I'll also be hosting a booth with Chris Munro again with TON's of pinball pcb's and Multicade PCBs and parts, etc.

See everyone next month!
    Craig

#34 11 years ago

Nevus:
    Look fwd to trying to beat you in pinball on a variety of machines.
    Just don't sick your gang on me.

Thanks for mentioning about room reservations. I went ahead and reserved a room for Fri & Sat night. The special rm rate seems reasonable to me.

Pinballhelp: Seems like a great opportunity to go check out the LSPM. I'm interested.
    By early, I assume you mean to try to set up this side trip for Friday daytime in order to make it back to Houston for the Houston Arcade show that starts at 6pm Fri night.

#35 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Anybody want to meet up early and try to see if we can visit Dan at the Lone Star Pinball Museum?

Not to burst your bubble but I'm pretty sure Dan will be at the HAAG Expo for the weekend - he usually brings a lot of very unique & hard-to-find items.

I'll be there (Kimball's Pinball's) but may or may not be bringing any Pins this year - I'll have a better feel for that closer to the end of October.

Looking forward to meeting old friends & making some new ones!

Pin__-__K

www.KimballsPinballs.com

#36 11 years ago

I never miss a chance to visit Dan's place. If anyone hasn't been, it's worth seeing... See: http://pinballhelp.com/a-quick-peek-at-a-very-cool-pinball-collection-in-texas/

I haven't talked to Dan but maybe Friday morning? If anyone is interested I can contact him and see what his availability is. He will undoubtedly be at HAAG but if you haven't seen his place, it's awesome. I just wish I was closer to attend some of his parties.

#37 11 years ago

I will definitely be going...probably head out Friday morning and enjoy the whole weekend.

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I will definitely be going...probably head out Friday morning and enjoy the whole weekend.

I think joystix is open that Friday. First Friday of the month. Could be an epic pinball weekend.

#39 11 years ago

I had the pleasure of helping Dan repair many of his newer SS machines to help to them going. He said he has about 150 total games, though some pinball machines are set up behind others as displays for the time being. He has a real nice mixture of older EM arcade games and many different eras of pinball machines. It sure is easy to be there for 4 hours playing games and not realize it.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think joystix is open that Friday. First Friday of the month. Could be an epic pinball weekend.

That would rock! We need to plan a time that some of us LA pinsiders can meet and maybe eat a meal...or drink a beer...something.

#41 11 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Joystix is a great place for adults. If you get tired of playing there is a bar with a pool table just a few steps away.

#42 11 years ago

Joystix is open the first and last Friday of each month from 9pm to 2am.
    10/5
    10/26
    11/2
    11/30
    www.joystixgames.com

I don't get tired of playing games there, but I have a hard time staying past 12:30am when I do go. Getting old.

#43 11 years ago

On the fence about going to this one also..
    Would love the chance to meet more pinsiders from the LA/TX/AR area...
    But, would also like to know more from others (that have attended before) what to expect as far as
    pinball machines... line up looks a little thin and light so far...
    Maybe make it instead to Dallas next Spring for deeper pb line up?

#44 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Joystix is open the first and last Friday of each month from 9pm to 2am.
    10/5
    10/26
    11/2
    11/30
    http://www.joystixgames.com
    I don't get tired of playing games there, but I have a hard time staying past 12:30am when I do go. Getting old.

Heh, same here. Stayed till 1am last time and felt like a champ for it. LOL

#45 11 years ago

I know many of the guys are busy working on their games and don't like to post if they don't know they will have them finished until a week before the show.
    Some wait until the Expo kickoff party, at Dan's place again this year on Saturday, to discuss their projects and to tell the organizer what they will be bringing.
    So I hope after this weekend that the game list will start growing again. I personally plan on taking 3 more pinballs, 6 total, but it hard to decide which ones of 15 to take.

I am hoping that Joystix will be brining AC/DC to the Expo. That one will be a bit hit for the show.
    Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will be able to announce something special for the show.

#46 11 years ago

I will be there with at least one of my sons.

#47 11 years ago
    Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

On the fence about going to this one also..
    Would love the chance to meet more pinsiders from the LA/TX/AR area...
    But, would also like to know more from others (that have attended before) what to expect as far as
    pinball machines... line up looks a little thin and light so far...
    Maybe make it instead to Dallas next Spring for deeper pb line up?

Here are some pictures I took from the show last year:

http://pinballhelp.com/images-from-the-2011-houston-arcade-expo/

These were before the show was open to the public so there's no people, just games. Also at that link on the second page is a two-part video walk-thru of the main room and vendor area.

It's not as big as TPF, but there are plenty of games to play, and with some of the area hardcore collectors contributing, there are lots of rare games usually available.

Most importantly, it's got a smaller, more intimate feel to it. IMO, last year the swap meet at HAAG was better than TPF.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from PinballHelp:

Here are some pictures I took from the show last year:
    http://pinballhelp.com/images-from-the-2011-houston-arcade-expo/
    These were before the show was open to the public so there's no people, just games. Also at that link on the second page is a two-part video walk-thru of the main room and vendor area.
    It's not as big as TPF, but there are plenty of games to play, and with some of the area hardcore collectors contributing, there are lots of rare games usually available.
    Most importantly, it's got a smaller, more intimate feel to it. IMO, last year the swap meet at HAAG was better than TPF.

Looks very cool. Reminds me of the Seattle show which is really great.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    314-766-4587

#49 11 years ago

The exhibitors list looks impressive. I see Marco, Mad Amusements, Jersey Jack, Coin Taker, Illinois Pinball, and Stern. I've been to Houston for the last 4 years and have only seen Illinois Pinball show up. If these vendors are going to be there that would be impressive.

#50 11 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Looks very cool. Reminds me of the Seattle show which is really great.

It's a fun show. The first year I went, I didn't know anybody, but after I volunteered I made more friends. We're going to try to plan some social get together in addition to the event - that would be great.

There are 148 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/2012-houston-area-arcade-expo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.