New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 154960)

2011 Acura RDX? Will a pinball machine fit?

By louknees

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by nocreditdot
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

I'm looking at one tomorrow and I'm hoping it will fit a pinball machine without having to take the head off.

Any one have one that could chime in regarding this.

I looked at this pinwiki and it's vague other than the 2014 won't fit them...

http://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

thanks in advance for your help!

#2 4 years ago

I have a 2011 Acura MDX, which is slightly larger and Ive hauled a few different EM pins in the back. Each time I have removed the head. Best bet is always to remove the head anyways. If its a newer machine then folding the head down will most likely fit. Good Luck

#3 4 years ago

Yes, with the EMs i remove the head, but with the newer ones I fold the head down. Have you ever tried a newer pin with the head folded down in the mdx?

Thanks for the information.

#4 4 years ago

I have a Dr. Dude, but did not put that in the back of my MDX, sorry. However, I put an Abra Ca Dabra with the head removed but left it on top of the playfiled (ike it was folded down) and that fit with no problem.

#5 4 years ago

Fit a Family Guy in an 07' CRV, believe RDX is Acura version...

#6 4 years ago

Ive got an '03 Mdx, widebodys like sttng & Jd fit no problem with the head folded down.

Just have to get it passed the 'hump' of the folded down 2nd row seats but other than that side and top clearance was not an issue.

Im not familair with the interior of the rdx though so cant comment on that.

#7 4 years ago

I had a 2011 RDX and I moved Bally and newer Sterns no problem. Not sure about a widebody? Should fit. I know the newer Acura's including MDX don't fit because of the height.

#8 4 years ago

I have a 2011 Acura MDX and all DMD games fit from Bally/Williams with no problem with the head folded down. A Gottlieb like Stargate may not fit with head folder down as it is about 1 inch taller or so, but have not attempted that. When Acura changed the body style slightly in 2014, the back end became too small to fit a pinball with the head folded down.

#9 4 years ago

Sorry, didn't read original post correctly. Don't know about the RDX.

#10 4 years ago

blockquote cite="#3036426">I had a 2011 RDX and I moved Bally and newer Sterns no problem. Not sure about a widebody? Should fit. I know the newer Acura's including MDX don't fit because of the height.

Thanks for all of the information from everyone. I'm going to measure just to make sure.

#11 4 years ago

Measure to make sure for the specific pin.

I have a 2009 MDX and was going to pick up a Sega Twister and to the best of my measuring it would barely NOT fit the height with the head folded down. EDIT - FYI that the height inside the vehicle was fine, issue was being able to squeeze through the lift gate.

I also have a Honda pickup which what I usually use, but was trying to use the MDX as there was potential for rain that day. Ended up wrapping the pin in a big tarp and taped/strapped it down in the pickup which worked well as it DID lightly rain.

Luck.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rando:

Measure to make sure for the specific pin.
    I have a 2009 MDX and was going to pick up a Sega Twister and to the best of my measuring it would barely NOT fit the height with the head folded down. EDIT - FYI that the height inside the vehicle was fine, issue was being able to squeeze through the lift gate.
    I also have a Honda pickup which what I usually use, but was trying to use the MDX as there was potential for rain that day. Ended up wrapping the pin in a big tarp and taped/strapped it down in the pickup which worked well as it DID lightly rain.
    Luck.

I have a pickup as well, but I'm transporting a pin a long distance so I'm looking for something that can haul a pin in poor weather.
    I'm going to measure.

I know the CRV and RAV4 can hold them so they are options as well. I just really like the ride and style of the RDX.

thanks again for the information.

#13 4 years ago

FYI,
    The older RDX (2011) got horrible gas mileage… nice ride otherwise.

#14 4 years ago

Just to clarify.

2014 MDX - no way
    2012 Honda CRV- yes

#15 4 years ago

My 2011 MDX has fit a TZ with the head folded down no problem. The only issue is getting over the little hump the 2nd row creates by being folded down.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 18.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 37.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Cento Creations
    $ 149.99
    Lighting - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    £ 12.00
    $ 78.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 109.99
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 28.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 279.00
    Displays
    PINBALLSP
    $ 11.00
    $ 52.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 41.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 35.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Pinfarmer Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 22.50
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside